share workbook and limit access to users

I have a excel spread sheet I use to track property I have purchased an
sold.  Due to how fast I buy and sell I need people in my office t
have access to enter data on this spread sheet.  I want my employees t
be able to access this spread sheet but not be able to see all of th
columns.  I want them only to be able to enter and see the purchas
information (Columns A thru J) but not be able to see or edit the sale
information (Columns K thru N).

What I would like is to have one sheet that more than one user coul
use, but only let myself be able to see sales information (Cloumns
thru N).  It would be nice if everyone had there own password and onl
my password would allow for all information to be visible.  Could yo
give me detailed instructions on how to make this happen.  Let me tel
you I am not an experienced Excel user, therefore will need ver
detailed directions to follow

Hi
see your post in excel.newusers

P.S.: please don't multipost

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I have a excel spread sheet I use to track property I have purchased
> and sold.  Due to how fast I buy and sell I need people in my office
> to have access to enter data on this spread sheet.  I want my
> employees to be able to access this spread sheet but not be able to
> see all of the columns.  I want them only to be able to enter and see
> the purchase information (Columns A thru J) but not be able to see or
> edit the sales information (Columns K thru N).
>
> What I would like is to have one sheet that more than one user could
> use, but only let myself be able to see sales information (Cloumns K
> thru N).  It would be nice if everyone had there own password and
only
> my password would allow for all information to be visible.  Could you
> give me detailed instructions on how to make this happen.  Let me
tell
> you I am not an experienced Excel user, therefore will need very
> detailed directions to follow.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Merging Workbooks with Multiple Worksheets
I've been searching for about an hour now and have yet to find the solution to my problem. I have 15 workbooks, i.e. Inventory 1, Inventory 2, Inventory 3. In each of these workbooks there are 5 sheets, Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Monitors, Hubs. On each sheet, the categories are applicable to the inventory. Essentially, these 15 workbooks are identical in format, with different data. I would like to merge all of the workbooks either into one workbook with 5 sheets that has all of the data from all of the workbooks.. or an Access database with all of the data from all of the workboo...

Access can not find a table in append query
Hi all, I have a table called MyCustomers. For some reason, when I try to create Append query, it doesnt show on the list of tables. I know the the table is there and I can select it if I want to create a different type of query but not append. What can cause that? TIA, Tom Does your table have a PRIMARY KEY defined? -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table call...

programmatically add control for user interaction/feedback
Hi there I am using Excel 2003 and VBA to programmatically create an Outlook 2003 e-mail message. All is working perfectly on this score ... I want to ramp up the sophistication a bit and let a user who receives an e-mail enter some text in a textbox and return the data to me by reply e-mail. Is it possible to programmatically add a control (say, a textbox) to an HTML e-mail message using the Outlook object model from within Excel 2003 using VBA? Best regards Loane Not on the recipient side, which is where it sounds like you'd want it. = Any self-respecting email program will ...

Is there way to give project ownership to another user in bulk?
All I know right now is to go into PWA, edit the properties of each project and pick a new owner. Is there a programmatic way to do that for lots of projects at the same time? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, I think you'd need to code this somehow. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "anovak@unt.edu" wrote: > All I know right now is to go into PWA, edit the properties of each > project and pick a new owner. Is there a programmatic way to do that > for lots of projects at the same time? > >...

Outlook Limit of 100 Selected Mail Items?
The subject is a little misleading. I can of course select more than 100 mail items, but Outlook starts to behave differently when I select more. I work on a public mailbox, where hundreds of mail items are managed using categories. In principle, there is a master category list that everyone uses; but in practice, of course, people add their own without telling everyone. When I select up to 100 items in this mailbox, right-click and select Categories, Outlook shows the list of Available categories, and any categories among the 100 selected items that are not in my Master Category List are in...

shared environment
I've created an excel workbook with forms, reporting (lots of coding in VB). If it's opened only on a one machine it's working well. But, if somebody opens it read-only and does some reporting (that should be Ok for the read-only mode), there is always a problem and odd data (empty reports, etc.) Could I fix it somehow? Thanks I think you'll have to much more specific to get any useful response. But I've used many workbooks that were marked readonly (to stop updates) and the macros worked fine. So I don't think just having the workbook open in readonly mode is...

Help to import data from reference workbook
I wasn't sure if this would require VB or not so I've put this in the General Question group. I have 2 workbooks where the first 3 columns of each row (after a title row) consist of an ID number, a North coordinate and an East Coordinate. Workbook A is complete in that every ID for our system is included along with the coresponding North and East coords. Workbook B includes a subset of the IDs and only some of the IDs have their coords in columns B and C. How do I import the coords into Workbook B without having to copy/paste a thousand or more times. Thanks in advance for a...

access denied in CRM 1.2
Hey i have setup a new user and i am getting access denied. I hvae even put the user in all the groups just to see if it matters any ideas??? I am new at this crm... if i log into the server and type in my web address it works fine ...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Create users on GP V9 on SQL2005
After you create users and give company access on the Client/Server installation you go to the physical client to logon, you cannot logon using any of the users that you have just created, the only way that you can then logon is by logging in as SA on the client, go to Setup, Users, call up the user that you want to use to logon to that particular client machine, save the record and come out, only now can you successfully log into GP with this user. On the server, was the DSN used to access the app setup to as '(local)' or '.' as the Servername rather than the full ser...

custom function that reads user information
Hi, I am looking for a custom function that reads some kind of use information (either author name, or even excel registration number that is somehow unique (so best choice might be registration number and that is stored somewhere on a persons computer. I want to incorporate an If statement, so that the function onl returns a proper value if the information read from the person' machine is identical to that specified in the function. Any help is greatly appreciated! a -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check this previous posting http://tinyurl.com/32nuj -- HTH ...

Copy data into multiple workbooks
Within the QA Master workbook, the boss will have a list of questions (criteria) that will be mirrored in all employee workbooks and the QA Template. If the boss adds a criteria in the QA Master workbook, I need to add it to the QA Template workbook and all employee workbooks so he does not have to go through 80+ workbooks individually. If you can provide the code to do this for one cell in QA Master and place it in QA Template, I believe I can figure out how to get it to the employee workbooks. Also, will I need to open each workbook in order to place the new criteria int...

Access is Denied
I was wondering if anybody has encountered an Access is Denied message getting into Store Operations Manager while in POS is open. It's the strangest thing. We have 12 stores on this system and we have one store having this problem. She can still get into Operations Manager by pressing OK and bypassing the message, but then has difficulty with closing and reopening the POS (which, thanks to another posting I just saw here may fix that issue for her). I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to get this message to go away? We've uninstalled and reinstalled the ...

Custom Storage Limit Warning
Hello all I’m planning to implement storage limits on my user population. As this may well be a bit of a shock to some of them I would like to customize the storage limit warning to include instructions on how they can reduce the size of their mailbox. Is this possible? Thanks Ben The normal reply is that you can open your wallet and hire Microsoft Consulting to do this (for very large sums of money). If you are using Exchange 2003, then you may be able to implement the following solution. http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Converting User IDs to User Name
Hello I have a macro which I've been using for quite some time. This macro allows the user to identify the User IDs of people listed in the spreadsheet. However, I now need a macro to do the reverse. That is, it needs to find the names of people whose User IDs are listed in the spreadsheet. If possible, it would be great to list the given anme and surname in separate columns. Is it possible to modify the macro below to achieve what I want (i.e. so that it does the reverse of what it currently does)? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Joe. -- If you can measure...

Registered User Name
WinXP.SP3. I have installed Windows XP in my computer from an OEM copy that came with my system. I have always kept my system updated but never registered the copy of Windows with Microsoft. Recently I noticed that whenever I try to install a new program, the user name and the company name that appears on the initial install screen defaults to somebody else's name. When I look at the General Tab of the System properties, it appears that the software is registered to that stranger's name and company. Is there any way that I can change the user and company name to my...

Access 2000 installation is failed
Dear all, I have installed Office 2000 for module Access and FrontPage, but got the following error : msiexec.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Installer terminated prematurely. Installation ended prematurely because of an error. Is there any solution for this error ? Thanks. Chlaris ...

Please verify BUG in Microsoft Windows XP/2003 Accessibility *MPS*
Hello, The Problem (Multi Processor only): This occurs when there is MORE than one Logical/Physical CPU on the system. When a console winevent hook function is active, changing the codepage of a console window causes the console window to not respond. I set a hook using SetWinEventHook to get notified on events EVENT_CONSOLE_CARET to EVENT_CONSOLE_END_APPLICATION all is well, events are coming. When I open a CMD window and change the codepage to a different codepage than the default one, the window stops responding. From my tests it appears that the problem is somewhere in the SetCo...

Sharing Excel files
I'm sharing a file on our network (approx 1mb in size). occasionally, the print areas are completely cleared. aside from user intervention, is there anything that can cause this? Not sure about Excel 2000, but in Exel 2002 there is a sharing functio you have to turn on. From you discription, you do not have it turne on. Tools > Share Workbook... Most of the options that come up are self-explainitory, but you ma want to review the help files are keeping tracking of a change histor if you want to do that ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http...

Automated Access Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop E
Automated Access 2007 Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop Environment (aka Terminal Services ) I have set up an Access 2007 application that automatically reads data from a SQL Server database, generates several reports, and then pushes these reports out to several files in PDF format. After the report files are generated, I use VBA code in Access to fire up Outlook to e-mail the reports as attachments to several department managers. This system is initiated by the Windows Scheduler at 4:00 AM every day and is run with no human intervention. In order to avoid th...

Cannot access mailboxes with OWA
I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Exchange 5.5 resides in a NT 4 member server box. This is a NT 4 Domain no active directory. When I try to log in it pops the user name and password right back. I look at the event log on the OWA server and it tells me that it is the wrong user name and password which is not true. I have adjusted the local policy for users to log on locally but that has not worked. Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Ex...

Accessing Session Cache from GenericPrincipal.isInRole() Options
Hi, Can someone please confirm that Session Cache will not always be available/accesible from an implemented/overriden IPrincipal.isInRole() method? We obtain the current session state via ((HttpApplication)sender).Session but *sometimes* get the error "Session state is not available in this context". What appears to be happening is when isInRole() is invoked to check for sitemap node access then Session State is available, but if the check is to do with a web-page url then it is not. Eg: - Web.sitemap <siteMapNode roles="ROLE1,ROLE2,ROLE3&qu...

Updating / Initializing Table Fields Upon Exiting Access
Is it possible to update "Field B" with data from "Field A", and then initialize/clear "Field A" upon exiting Access? Is there a reason you need to do it on exit.. like a time last update thing or something? Otherwise, you might be better of doing it on load... in case the database crashed or hung, and you never got a chance to run your update query. "txmcclain" wrote: > Is it possible to update "Field B" with data from "Field A", and then > initialize/clear "Field A" upon exiting Access? Access does not hav...

have to add user to local admin group
Hi all I am running Exchange 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. Everything is isntalled on one server, AD and Exchange are on a single server. I am faced with a troubling problem. I need to give rights to a user so they can add email enabled contacts into an OU. I have given the use the delegated perms to do this, and they can add user to this OU no problem. I have also installed the Exchange admin tools and 2003 admins tools on the users machine. In order for the user to create contacts with an email address in the OU, I have to add this user to the local administrator group on the Exchang...

Lookup Data in external workbook
Hello: I have a worksheet called "PlantAnalysis". Column A has the "Item ID" and I would like to put the description in column B; starting at cell B3. I am trying to lookup the Item Description from an external workbook called "Item master" on worksheet labelled "List". Column A has the "Item ID" and Column C has the "Description".Is VLookup the recommended way to do this? Below is what I have but can't get it to work. Sub getdesc() 'Inserting vlookup statement to populate material description ...