Shading cells not working

When I try to shade cells they remain white, but if I go
to print preview the color shows. Why won't the cells
change color in normal view?

If the fill colours aren't appearing, the high contrast setting may be
turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed
             http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

how do i count text cells in excel based on variable criteria?
I need a formula that will recalculate when the variables are changed. For example, I will input the variables for date "1/26/2010" and BU "09" and I want a count of how many assets that meet those criterion. For Acctg Date: 1/26/2010 BU: 09 Asset Count:_____ BU Acctg Date 08 1/25/2010 06 1/26/2010 06 1/25/2010 09 1/25/2010 09 1/26/2010 09 1/26/2010 Assuming in your example the date is in B1, the BU is in B2 and your data is in A5 to B10, enter this formula =SUMPRODUCT((A5:A10=B2)*(B5:B10=B1)) "anmaka57" wrote: > I need a for...

exchange server side rules not working
Hi there We are running Exchange 2003 on a Small Business Server computer. A couple of weeks ago server-side rules created in Outlook stopped working. For instance, one rule forwards all incoming messages to my BlackBerry, and though the rule itself hasn't changed, it no longer works. I can't find anything on the net about troubleshooting server-side rules on Exchange Server. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction Best regards Loane On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:47:31 +0200, "Loane Sharp" <look_sharp_not@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi there >W...

"30" in a cell becomes "50"
When I type in 30 or use 30 in an equation, Excel automatically reads it as 50 and displays it as 50. The keyboard has been changed a couple of times. This also happens in Word. Office has been removed and re-installed to no avail. Any idea as to why or how to fix it? Hi have you checked 'Tools - autocorrection'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Melanie wrote: > When I type in 30 or use 30 in an equation, Excel automatically reads > it as 50 and displays it as 50. The keyboard has been changed a > couple of times. This also happens in Word. Office has bee...

Totaling rows & columns in the same cell
I need to ensure the total in specific rows add up to the total of column - so that the total for both, if equal, appear in the same cell For example I need the total in cell G19: to add certain rows such as =Sum(C19,E19,F19), if equal to the sum of =sum(G1:G18). If not equal I need to receive an error message. How do I do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could try =IF(SUM(C19,E19,F19)=SUM(G1:G18),"True","Error") You can replace the "True" with SUM(G1:G18) if you want the total t apper instead. =IF(SUM(C19,E19,F19)=SUM(G1:G18),SUM(...

Working RPC over HTTP / ISA 2004 setup fails, IIS quits, forces re
Question Title: Working RPC over HTTP / ISA 2004 setup fails, IIS quits, forces reboot of exchange asked by Plysaker on 09/15/2006 11:13AM PDT This question is worth 0 Points Single EX-2003 SP2, running on 2003, SP2, current on all updates, have Veritas 10.d installed as well as the Veritas CPS agent. I have an ISA 2004 Appliance with forms based auth, RPC rules, etc. All works great 10+ smartphones synching, and 7+ Outlook clients connecting via RPC. Works great. Until it doesnt. Twice now its stopped working. ISA side is fine, I can see the Authentication form, it see...

Excel 2003 help doesn't work. I got both Excel 2003 and 2007 insta
I have both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 installed. The Excel 2003 help doesn't work, but the Excel 2007 help works fine. When trying to open help in Excel 2003, the help window open, but it's all grey. ...

Freezing Worksheet Cells
Is it possible to have different cell widths in the first two lines of a spreadsheet to the rest of the sheet? TIA, Ron. Hi no not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ronnie Davis" <local@host.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1w7ofyip4lgsd$.772zjc51d7bk$.dlg@40tude.net... > Is it possible to have different cell widths in the first two lines of a > spreadsheet to the rest of the sheet? > > TIA, > > Ron. On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:28:28 +0100, Frank Kabel wrote: > Hi > no not possible Thanks Frank. I didn't think so. I used Micr...

Why are no features working in publisher?
On Microsift Publisher 2003. I can create a blank document but none of the features are working, ekg text box. ANy thoughts. I have tried re-installing but to no help. When I do reinstall it tells me I have max out. On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:27:07 +0000, Stecalder wrote (in article <4CADE41F-A2D4-459A-9D84-37AEF46F1CC0@microsoft.com>): > On Microsift Publisher 2003. I can create a blank document but none of the > features are working, ekg text box. ANy thoughts. I have tried re-installing > but to no help. When I do reinstall it tells me I have max out. WTF does "max out...

e-mail send button not working
I have noticed in the past week that the send button on messages to contact in Outlook does not send the message. When I go to close the message it asks to 'save'. I click yes. it is 'saved' but the message is not sent. when I go to the Drafts folder the message is there. I open it and try to send and it doesn't send the message. any thoughts on what I could have changed to give me this problem? Gordon in Alaska ...

converting line-delimited text into cells
I have a text file with approximately 1000 lines of data, each line is 100 chars or less. The first 15 lines are column headers (some columns are unused), then every 12 subsequent lines is one record. What is the easiest way to get each record to appear in Excel (2007) on a single line, one field per column? Thank you If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want ...

Drop-down calendar in a cell
Can a cell be setup with a drop-down calendar (month?) and the use can click a date to be inserted into the cell's value? See: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:eyKvUe$wDHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can a cell be setup with a drop-down calendar (month?) and the use can click > a date to be inserted into the cell's value? > > ...

Creating a goto/anchor in excel based on a cell value
Hello, I am creating a financial worksheet for a client in which the user can choose options from a drop down menu. What I want to happen is, based on the option the user chooses, the model sends them to a certain cell on the same sheet. Ex: If user chooses 1 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A4. If the user chooses 2 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A5. Also, I would like to know how to trigger a macro based on a cell value Here is the code I thought might work =if(A1=1, Run_OLM(),"") Any advice on these topics is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tushar...

finding a cell from numerical coordinates
I am given coordinates like 10,100 and 125,200 - is there a way to tell Excel to find the corresponding cell? Can I change the top row letters to numbers? On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:38:01 -0700, Chip <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I am given coordinates like 10,100 and 125,200 - is there a way to tell Excel >to find the corresponding cell? Can I change the top row letters to numbers? Try this =OFFSET(A1, 10-1, 100-1) and =OFFSET(A1, 125-1, 200-1) or, in general =OFFSET(A1, x-1, y-1) where x and y are your coordinates. Hope this helps / Lars-�ke Hi, Ch...

3 format cell tabs hidden in excel dialog box
When I right click on the cell and go to format cells instead of seeing 6 tabs as usual I see three tabs and the other three are on a lower level and covered by the information in the dialog box. I can only see the very top edge of the tabs. Any ideas what could be causing this? If you're using Excel 97, and making copies of copies of worksheets, you may hit a limit, because of the way the sheets are being numbered in the background. If that's the case, try copying one of the first sheets, instead of the last one. pjbjamison wrote: > When I right click on the cell and g...

Newly Created Function not Working
Hello I am using an excel function that I dropped into a VBA module. Th function works fine for me but when I copied the function into colleauges computer it is not working. We keep getting the error NAME returned. Any ides as to why this could be happening? We are bot running excel 2000. The function I am using is the sheetoffset functio if that helps at all -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

How do I restore format cells menu?
I am working in Excel 2002, multi-page workbook. On some pages "format cell" is not operational - neither from the toolbar or by right-clicking mouse. Command is there but produces no result. On other pages in the same book all is well. There are no protected pages, and this is happening only in one particular workbook. Have tried reset to no avail. When copy and paste material to properly functioning page problem is carried as well. Any ideas would be muchly appreciated. ...

Chart Axes Linked to cell values
Hello Everyone. I have some sort of a problem with linking chart axe (min and max values) to cell values in a worksheet. I am using th macro that I found in Mr Peltier' site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html It worked just fine for a simple test I was doing.. BUT, I came up wit the idea of assigning to the cells (the cells that contain the scal params) some worksheet functions, to determine the values from a set o data. When I did this, the macro didn't work anymore. It didn't pop u any errors or such things, it just didn't adjust the chart anymo...

cell formatting problems
I installed Office 2000 onto my desktop before I reformatted the hard drive and everything worked fine. I reformatted and then got a laptop. For some reason certain functions are now refusing to work. Funtions such as: formatting individual cells and colouring individual cells (or lines). I can't change any of the cells properties...the window doesn't come up at all when I do Ctrl+1. Also, when I try to colourize some cells...nothing happens. Please, please help me. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled with no resolution to the problem. I've tried installing different fea...

Applications disappear; shortcuts no longer work
XP home sp3 IE8 Last week while doing routine clutter removal I chose the option "Remove Windows Components which you no longer use". Big mistake! I no longer have Microsoft Paint, which I use very very frequently, and tonight when I went to paste some text onto Wordpad, I got a message saying "The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Wordpad.lnk refers to is unavailable. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use one or both of these. What gives? How do I get them back? I don't see the connection with Internet Explorer. Just go in...

Linking a Message Box to a cell value
Okay, this is probably the worst way to do things, but I want to link cell value to a message box. I am basically going to use the messag box as a method of data validation. If the data value of the cel exceeds a certain data range, then the message box should pop up an alert the user that his input data is "out-of-range" I can't really use the data validation approach. I have a drop dow menu next to the input data cell to allow for different input units. This drop down menu is used along with conversion factors to a specifi unit that I want to use in my calculations. The ...

How does a manager know what activities their reps are working on
How does a customer service manager monitor her individual CSR queues from within her workspace? Can their be one master queue that can be accessed or does she have to monitor each queue separately? Can anything in the workplace be customized besides the personal settings of Sales view VS Service view? On a side note, I know that many of you are versed in the customization and implementation of MSCRM, but is anyone actually using the product as a "complete" CRM? Has anyone written a best practices in usage (not implementation or configuring)? How to bypass the shortcomin...

Working with outlook in offline mode
I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network the emails move to the sent items, however the intended reciepents does not recieve the emails. Can anyone help I presume you're using Exchange - what do you have in tools | services? Are the items showing up in your outbox when you hit send while offline? DSG wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am > offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network > the emails move to the sent items, however the intended > reciepents does not recie...

Drag and Drop message works in some folders, not in others
Using Outlook 2003, installed over Outlook 2002, PST file for delivery location, no Exchange server, I can drag an email to some folders and not to others. I can't find anything different between the ones that work and the ones that don't. Any tips on where to look or what to change would be helpful. TIA, Dave Do you get any error messages? Are these always the same folders? If so; which ones? Have you already cleared your Deleted Items folder? and ran scanpst.exe against your pst-file? -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

can I sort colored cells?
Hi, Can I sort a column that some cells are colored "red" and and some "yellow" in the nearby columns seperately via VBA?. Please provide a sample code that does the job. Thank you for your time. JACK Yes ! with this code (paste in a module VBA) Function MyColor(CkCell As Object) Application.Volatile True MyColor = Abs(CkCell.Interior.ColorIndex) ' not for the conditionnal color !!! End Function In a diff�rent colum, you type = mycolor(A1) and you sort by this nex column Bye -- ....Patrick Quoi que vous fassiez, faites le bien . Mail: http://cerbermail.com/...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...