Shaded cells changing color for no reason

My setup:
Dell Latitude D610 Laptop
Windows XP Professional SP 1
Excel 2003 SP1

Problem:
Spreadsheet A has some shaded cells (different shades of blue).
If I open another spreadsheet, say B, within the same instance of Excel, and
toggle back to the spreadsheet A, the cells in A have changed color all by
themselves!  This is driving me nuts!

This only happens with certain spreadsheet Bs.  Not all spreadsheets will
cause the cells in spreadsheet A to change color.

The two spreadsheets are completely independent, they do not link to each
other.  This is driving me crazy.  If I print spreadsheet A, the colors come
out as I expect.  If I print the same spreadsheet after the weird color
change, the colors in the printout come out weird as well.  So it's not just
a color display thing, even the data sent to the printer indicated that those
cells have changed color.

Any ideas why this is happening?

--
VA
0

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?
I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen You mean Checkboxes? You can use a helper cell: =if(a1=true,"Yes","No") Then hide that linkedcell (if you want). Gldenboy2 wrote: > > I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it > returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that > it returns Yes for checked and No for un...

printing colors in gray on laser
I'm not sure if this is a Publisher issue or a printer problem, but on the off chance that it IS Publisher, I know someone here will know that and might even have an answer. I have a Publisher file that has gray text in it and when I print it on a laser printer the text comes out solid black. I used to print in gray all the time and I'm not sure when this problem started (since the new version of Publisher [we just got 2003] or since my printer driver got updated). Does anyone have any idea how I can print text in gray? Thanks!! Check your printer settings. It may be in there...

How to change The height of the Split Window in a frame?
Hi: Every one, I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, Now i want to hide one of them, Or change the height of the window to 0, How to do,? Thanks Hi Jerry, Check SetRowInfo() and RecalcLayout() Normand "Jerry" <tghu@163.net> a �crit dans le message de news: eCW9GVIoEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: > Every one, > I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, > Now i want to hide one of them, > Or change the height of the window to 0, > How to do,? > Thanks > > > ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Incrementing named cells
Merry Christmas everyone!!! Was wondering if any of you can help me with this. I have a financial model that currently has numerous named cells in the format of XXX_03 ( the 03 is to denote 2003 ) but I am making 2004 projection and therefore am wondering if there was an easy way to sort of copy and paste the names into a new column and automically renaming cells by an increment of 1 to XXX_04. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you Justin See one answer 1 minute later -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Justin" <jsim_hba2003@hot...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

Wrap Text in Merged Cell
Excel 2007 If I merge several (or even 2) cells in a row, I can not get the text to wrap when I hit enter. It works, of course, in a single cell. How can I get the text to wrap in merged cells? I have checked "Wrap text" in the Format Cells dialog box, Thanks, Bob Atkinson Long audible sigh here................. One more victim of "merged cells". Wrap Text works fine on merged cells, but Autofit does not work. You need VBA event code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cW...

Track Changes Query
Hi I wonder if someone could help me please with a problem that's been baffling for a few weeks now. I am trying to create a query, which in turn feeds a report, that shows tracked changes. I have previously posted on this forum and got some great advice that's really helped me along but I'm really struggling with the query to extract the data. I am relatively new to Access in particular VBA but I am willing to learn. What I would like to do is to use a date parameter to extract those fields with an updated time stamp within a given time period, which in turn I can sho...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

Tab into specified cells
I'm looking to set up a worksheet so that when I open it up I can only tab into specific cells. Is there anyway of doing this? Thanks There are a few way. One is to unlock the cells you want to tab into (Format>Cells>Protection), and then lock the sheet (Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "sho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644601c47543$7c069000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking to set ...

Change size of name box
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to change the size of the name box ? And how do you do it = ? Some of my range's names are to long to fit in the actual name box. Thanks in Advance, and may all of you have a healthy 2004 Gilbert ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HT...

changed time and date and messed up appointments
Hi I recently went to UK from Australia, then to italy, I must have changed the time zones, and now my appointments are all over the place, Is there a way of getting them back to original times and dates. for the future is there a better way of handling time zones. i also use a pocket pc where i probably changed zones as well. thanks tim See the following MSKB article for a workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197480 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mes...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

Merging cells #4
I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable to merge the needed cells. Any suggestions? Any chance your worksheet is protected? brownk wrote: > > I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been > merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. > The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable > to m...

Sometimes can see all text in a cell, sometimes not.
Hello On Sheet1, I can see all text in cells that have lots of text in them, but have cells to the right that are empty. On Sheet 2, I pasted the following formula into cell A1, and copied this into all of the cells on Sheet2: =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1) Now I can't see all of the text in a cell, even if the cell to the right of it is empty. Is there anything that can be done? I am copying these cells and pasting them into Word as a picture. Thanks! Its because if you type text into a cell it will spill over into empty cells so it can be read. If you then enter in a...

Payee change
Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my mortgage payee to another. This affected all my loan payments dating back 5+ years. This entry is generated by a auto bill viewable in bill summary. I fixed the future transaction by editing the bill but all the prior payments are wrong. Is there any way to change this as a batch instead of each transaction? This is very time consuming. Thanks... & Happy New year In microsoft.public.money, SCOTT wrote: >Not sure how it happened but my version of Money changed the name of my >mortgage payee to...

Cell sizing
Hi everyone, I'm recently new to all of this so I hope this isn't a stupid question. Before using Excel, about 7 or 8 years ago, I used Corel Quattro pro. I was able to set the cell heights and widths in mm, cm , inches, points, etc., so that when I printed a section of a sheet it would be a specific dimension. I haven't been able to do this with Excel. Thanks for your help. Only MacXL 2004 allows you to set height and width directly in inches/cm/mm. Both platforms allow you to set row height in points. Column widths can be set in the number of widths of the zero character in...

changing character set of a dialog control
Does somebody know how can I dynamically change a character set that a control in my dialog uses? Thanks! >Does somebody know how can I dynamically change a >character set that a control in my dialog uses? I suspect you're looking for SetFont (WM_SETFONT) Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Hi, I tried the following: CFont font; VERIFY(font.CreateFont( 33, // nHeight 0, // nWidth 0, // nEscapement 0, // nOrientation FW_NORMAL, // nWeight...

Set background color of single Pub 2002
Help states: On the View menu, click Background to set the color of a single page for Pub 2002. Background is not on the view drop down. So how do you really do it? Also is there a way to select a portion of a picture color and use it to set the entire page background to that color? Thanks, Fred Ctrl+M put you on the Background -- ...

Change Y axes (Categories) on line chart
I have a line chart. I am happy with my X axis categories, which say something like "Term 1", "Term 2", "Term 3" etc However my Y axis reflects the actual values (eg Points scored) that I wish to chart, whereas I want it to contain descriptive terms such as "Grade C", "Grade B" etc I have read Jon Peltier on how to change axis by creating a dummy series in a scatter graph. Problem is that if I change to a scatter chart, I lose my X axis.values that I am happy with. I suppose that I could then fix this by using Jon's solution twice: o...

Average Cells with actuall numbers
Hey all, Hopefully this is a simple one. I'm SUMing a column: =SUM(L8 + L12 + L16) At times, some of these cells might be empty. Can I mod this equation to check for an empty cell? What I'm doing is averaging the numbers in this column by the number of cells that actually have numbers in them. (in this case it would be the sum of L8 + L12 + L16 divided by 3) If, let's say, L8 was empty, I need to divide the total by 2. Make any sense? Thanks for any help! -b Hi Bradley couple of things =SUM(L8+L12+L16) is quite an awkward way of writing either =L8+L12+L16 or =SUM(L8,...