Setting up data in a collapsed format

How do I take data where data is the same in Column A for
Rows 1-18 and I want to collapse those rows where a +
sign would appear when they are collapsed a - sign when
they are not.  Any ideas?

Cliff,

I used the macro recorder to get this

    Range("A1:A18").Select
    Selection.Rows.Group
    ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=1

This can be simplified to

    Range("A1:A18").Rows.Group
    ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=1

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Cliff" <cliff.powers@eds.com> wrote in message
> How do I take data where data is the same in Column A for
> Rows 1-18 and I want to collapse those rows where a +
> sign would appear when they are collapsed a - sign when
> they are not.  Any ideas?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Setting up a new e-mail account

Fractions Number format

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

Date format 04-11-06

find data and autopaste when found

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...