Setting Header left hand margin

Hi
Is there any way to set the header left margin to less
than the default of 0.75 inches?  Setting page margins
does not work.  (Know how to increase margin by adding
blank characters)
Thanks Roy
0
royh (1)

I'm afraid the header/footer margins are hard-wired and you cannot change
them.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)

How do I set up a metatag for google site recognition?
Google is requesting that I include a meta tag in my code. I can't figure out how to get to the actual code to do this. Publisher webs are not designed to directly edit the source code. If I understand what you are asking and if memory serves Google offers the alternative of uploading a text file to your root directory instead of the meta tag. If you have a follow up question or other questions about Publisher webs, then in the future please post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http...

Outlook 2007
I created an email and addressed it to one of my Contacts. When I printed the email, it printed an additional field at the top called "Contacts" with that contact's name. This is not a customized form. Why is this field printing at the bottom of the TO, SUBJECT, and ATTACHMENTS fields in the header as an additional header. Thanks so much! Jean ...

How to set the column title in a listbox from Excel
any help here? You can do it two ways. 1.) Include a header in your RowSource Range. 2.) You can put Lablels just above your ListBox to label your ListBox columns. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. -- Cheers, Ryan "V Hoang" wrote: > any help here? If ColumnHeads is set to true in the properties window, then the header row should not be included in the RowSource or ListFill range. VBA will automatically include the row above the ListFill range as a header if the ColumnHeads property is set to true. "Ryan H&q...

Intelligent Pivot Table with Large Data Sets
Pivot Tables are great with small datasets. Does anyone have suggestions of products that can datasource from a ODBC source and manage large datasets (1M+ rows), visualizing the dat in a crosstab/pivottable format ? Unfortunately the underlying logic in the PivotTable/MSquery link isn' too intelligent in that is always wants to read the whole darn databas table before even presenting a field list. I assume this is due to th abstraction of the data created by sticking MS/Query inbetween th Excel pivot table service and the actual datasource? Seems pretty simply from a conceptual POV: 1. ...

How to set Excel to open a new window for each application
When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my original spreadsheet. How to I get it back to previous settings? Tools-->Options, View tab. Check Windows in Taskbar. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052E3C3A-8A1A-4EB4-BE2D-B6E09D4D247F@microsoft.com... > When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This > used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my ori...

change the "online services" account setting
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...

Setting browser to respond to hyperlinks in e-mails?
Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in Win XP? My problem is that when I click on a hyperlink both Firefox and IE(ver:7) open that link. TIA "Pegleg" <Pegleg@usnavyret.mil> wrote in message news:e9v0c396q9k64smer9fptjj4omtmm2m31t@4ax.com... > Is there a setting to select the browser that opens when a hyperlink is > clicked on in an e-mail or does it default to the "default browser" in > Win XP? > > My problem is that when I click on a hy...

Headers #4
How can I copy a picture in the header from a buissness from from work? ...

Icon sets - conditional formatting
How do I get Excel 2003 to do this? I want to be able to add increase and decrease arrow icons to a column of numbers . Thx Upgrade to Excel 2007 or see these products; http://www.ozgrid.com/excel-add-ins/mini-charts-excel.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/excel-add-ins/spark-maker.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37AE35EE-B3C4-46B2-98F2-8A0B9627E12D@microsoft.com... > How do I get Excel 2003 to do this? > > I want to be able to add increase and decrease arrow icons to a colum...

align left and align right buttons greyed out
command buttons for left align and right align are permanently greyed out. Default for new docs is left align so not much problem but there is no way to right align. I am using Word 2007. Any ideas? ...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

converting hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizon
Hi , I am new to Visio 2003 . Can anybody tell me how can one convert hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizontal diagrams? Thanks Harsha Are you asking about a way to scan images into Visio and transform them into drawings? Or are you asking how to assemble a Cross Functional diagram? To make a Cross Functional diagram, you first choose how many bands to create. Then you click on the headings for the bands to change the text to the names you want. Switch to the Basic Flowchart shapes in the Shapes Window and drag out the Process shapes to create the steps in you...

Printing landscape worksheets with footer on left
I know that I must not be the first person to have this problem, but I cannot find a solution. I have a workbook that has 20 worksheets. The orientation varies between portrait and landscape. I need the landscape worksheets to print with the footer on the "left" side, so that when I put the entire report (workbook) together for presentation, all of the footers are on the bottom, like a book. I have tried merging the first column (A) and making it the footer with the font facing left, but it is difficult to make them print evenly on each sheet. I have also tried to cop...

I'm trying to set up my mail for windows vista, please help set this up for me!
blueljeans@verizon.net is my email before trying to set up my mail through windows, can you help me? Barbara Gibson NEVER post or use your real email address in a public newsgroup or forum! Contact your ISP or email provider to obtain the settings you'll need to access your name@verizon.net account via POP3 [1], then start here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish ============= [1] Perhaps http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/verizon/mail/yahoomail/pop/pop-08.html ? Barbara Gibson wrote: > [MUNGED]@v...

design sets #2
Under "Design Sets" in "Master Sets" I have set up several things with the "Quadrant" design. It now comes up automatically with the headline I used. How do I change the default headline? ...

Expressions in Sub headers
Hi there, I'm trying to break down a report by division so that every division (a one to many relationship to suspenses) shows, percentage of overdue suspense, etc. Currently, this is my expression to show the percentage overdue of all the divisions (which I put at the top of my report). =Int((Sum(IIf([Justified?],[CountOfsuspense_id],0))/ Sum([CountOfsuspense_id]))*100) What I'd like to do is put this expression based on the "division_name" into my division name header and therefore show the percentage for each division. Is there a way to do that? Thanks! David On M...

Display public variable in Header
I have page breaks when a variable changes. How can I display what that variable is in the header? Thank you in advance God bless you ...

Access 2000:Print settings keep changing
I have created reports and saved the margins and column settings. But, I always get a call from co-workers stating these settings are messed up. These settings will be great for a number of days, and then they get changed. I have often wondered if one of the users is doing an "oops" and resetting those certain reports back to default, or is there a bug that might be causing this? This is a small office and I really don't think this is a malicious event. On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:44:01 -0700, ctuck61 wrote: > I have created reports and saved the margins and column setti...

In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date?
In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date? In some tables I have it in dd/mm/yy, but in the others mm/dd/yy How do I change mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy? On my w2k Pro, Control Paned date format is set to dd/mm/yy yout it does not seem to affect Excel Hi If you select the cells with the dates in mm/dd/yy and go Format>Cells and in the dialog that opens, go for the Number tab, you can select the Date formats and choose whichever one suits or select Custom and type dd/mm/yy into the Type box. This will change the formatting of your dates. Hope this helps! Richard On 28 Jan, 16:34, &q...

Right margin
I have gone through several processes...word pad, master page but can't not get anything to print within 1" on right margin in Publisher. In other programs (Word, Excel etc) this is not a problem, therefore it doesn't appear to be a printer issue. What am I missing? katemc wrote: > I have gone through several processes...word pad, master > page but can't not get anything to print within 1" on > right margin in Publisher. In other programs (Word, > Excel etc) this is not a problem, therefore it doesn't > appear to be a printer issue. What am I miss...

Outlook Security Settings
When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form I receive the error "Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine" I click OK and the add button is disabled/doesn't work. I am simply trying to get into the Trusted Code tab so I can add one dll. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:54:03 -0800, Th3man <Th3man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form >I receive the error "Could not load some ob...

Local settings
In my app I need to display and enter values in a (derived CEdit) using ',' or '.' depending on localsettings. Regardless of the setting of 'Control Panel | Regional Options | Numbers | Decimal Symbol' it will use the '.' How can I make sure both possibilities will be handled correctly. If oneone has an example it would help a lot I think Here is a function I wrote to insert comma separaters... This might help. The function takes a "value" and creates a string formatted with commas. In this case I don't use decimals, but this could easily be ...

Printing: repeating columns on left and RIGHT
I know in File-Page Setup I can specify the columns to repeat at the left of each printed page. For my spreadsheet however, I need to repeat some columns from both the left and RIGHT sides of my spreadsheet on each printed page. Is there a way to do this? ...

Print quality setting greyed out
When converting a spreadsheet to PDF (with Acrobat 6) I have an issue with the print quality setting in the print format dialog (File/Print format/Page/Print Quality). I know that if I don't set print quality to 600 dpi or similar, there will be blank areas in the exported file (done it before). Now this has happened again and I can't access the Print Quality setting, it's greyed out. Why, and how can I make the right setting? Regards, -- Lars Forslin http://www.connect.to/forslin "Doing time on Earth" ************************** Does the printer itself have buttons...