Setting Combobox Values

I have come across a strange error.

I have a userform set up with 5 comboboxes. Each box has its item
populated when you load the form based on the contents of a range on
worksheet. I use the following code to update the combobox (ctl is th
combobox to be populated):

Dim i As Integer 'loop counter

ctl.Clear
PopulateReviewerList fileList

With Worksheets("Reviewer Data")
For i = 1 To ArrayMethods.Size(fileList) - 1
ctl.AddItem .Cells(fileList(i), 2).Value & " - "
.Cells(fileList(i), 3).Value
Next i

End With

Once the form is loaded, a second function sets the value of the for
to be the value of a cell on a spreadsheet according to this code (it'
generic to reduce confusion):

cbx.Value = Cells(x,y).Value

I encounter a runtime error whenever the cell value is not one of th
values preloaded into the box, even though the matchrequired propert
is set to false. If the value matches one in the box, then there is n
issue.

I want the combobox to be able to be set to any value. Can someone hel
me with this?

Regards,
Ripa

losing settings excel 2003
When selecting tools/options/view/objects and changing the setting from Show all to Hide all it does not stay. What i mean is when i go out and back into the program the setting has reverted back to Show all. This also happens with setting very high macro security reverted back to high when exiting the program. It also happens with Outline symbols under Options/View/Windows options. when this is deselected and you go in and out of the program it reselects itself. Can anyone help me keep these settings please.... Many Excel settings affect just the active workbook and not the user defaults. ...

Missing something basic
Working with Access 2003. I have a table of users, their phone numbers, and job classes called tblUsers. A query extracts that information into qryUsers. I have a form that uses the query as the record source called frmUsers. The form only contains a single combobox so someone can select the user for which they wish to view data in other forms. It works fine for the first user on the list in the combobox. Selecting any other user in the combobox causes the first record in the table to change to that user's name. For example: The table and the query both contain: Timmy Bobby ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

VLOOKUP to return subsequent values on same criteria
Hi. Wondering if this is possible in Excel alone, without using Access etc ; also, LOOKUP doesn't seem to be the function that will solve th problem for me. What I'm trying to do is the following: Sheet 1: (DATA) A B 1 PPE Vehicles 2 ABC XYZ 3 PPE Buildings 4 PPE Equipment 5 ABC RST 6 .... Sheet 2: (RESULTS) A 1 PPE 2 3 4 I want to lookup cell A1 on sheet 2, match it to rows 1,3,4 on sheet and return the values in column B on sheet 1 to cells A2 - A4 on shee 2. Essentially, I'd like a VLOOKUP function to return more than on value, or rather,...

Resize Table Range to exclude zero values and Input New Range into a chart object
I'm new to programming and am trying to create code to read a row cells C5 - C24 and determine what cell has a 0 value (The row is always sorted by descending values). So I want to read each cell starting with C5 through the end of the range C24, and stop when it gets the first 0 value. Here is my code so far. (with the help from a previous reply to a post). I also am trying to capture the start and end cell range for the row adjecent (B5 - B24) but I only need to capture the Values from row "C" and make them for row "B". I've commented out the offendin...

Find value in table based on two inputs
Given A1: Name B1: Dept C1: Age A2: Henry B2: 501 C2: 28 A3: Stan B3: 201 C3: 19 A4: Mary B4: 101 C4: 22 A5: Larry B5: 301 C5: 29 how would write a formula to find the age of 'Mary' in dept '101'? vlookup doesn't seem to support multiple compares. Thanks Hi Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A5="Mary"),--(B2:B5=102),--(C2:C5)) or better still, put Name required in cell D1 and Dept required in E1 then =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A5=D1),--(B2:B5=E1),--(C2:C5)) Change values in D1 and E1 for other selections....

Error When Accessing System Settings via Web
When I click on System Settings, i get an error. I can offer the debug info.... feel free 2 help. FYI It is a 2k3 Standard with also Sharepoint Portal 2003 and crm 3.0 here is the info on it. Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originat...

Calculating or Adding Values that are 0
I have three fields that I need to total. When i do run the total nothing appears because one of the fields has a 0 value. The expression is not counting 0 values, how do I work around this? Is the value actually zero or Null? If it is null then use the NZ function like this -- Nz([Field1], 0) + Nz([Field2], 0) + Nz([Field3], 0) -- Build a little, test a little. "blanch2010" wrote: > I have three fields that I need to total. When i do run the total nothing > appears because one of the fields has a 0 value. > > The expression is not ...

How do I set up endnotes/footnotes in publisher? #2
Hi I'm trying to set up a document in publisher and it needs either footnotes or endnotesn and I can't seem to work how to set this up. Thanks for your help. jeez how do you get out of this? They have to be done manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chewitt73" <Chewitt73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADAF7D3E-1534-4555-9E60-FAE245DCE4F5@microsoft.com... > Hi > I'm trying to set up a document in publisher and it needs either footnotes > or endnotesn and I can't seem to work how to set this up. > Thanks fo...

to extract multiple values from an array
Hi, I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular day . On Dec 30, 4:56=A0am, ratan h <ratha...@nextgenalbums.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique > code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job > Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular > day . Not enough info but, assuming you are...

Display value of cell
Using Excel 2000 In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/result, how do I correct this? I want to see the formula. Reply to kdfoxca@yahoo.com Thanks. Are all formulas cells show the formulas or just one? Maybe you have a space before the = (Excel think it is text now) Or your cell is format as text -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kenya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3942b$e28b7240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 > In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/resul...

Counting multiple values in a single cell
I have a cell which contains multiple values set out like this: 3; 4; 7 I would like to be able to count the number of values (3) in this cell. Does anybody know how I could do this???? -- ac8038 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ac8038's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6054 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553526 You could use =SEARCH("3",A1) where A1 is the cell with the data. Be aware however tha it will also match 31, 33 (twice) etc. Matt -- Mallyca...

Increase In Home Value?
Over the past year or so my home value has increased, as most just due to market conditions. What category is recommended to show this increase? Should I create a new catagory for this? I would create an account called "unrealized gains & losses" and transfer the amount of the gain to that account. When you sell the house and realize the gain, transfer the amount back and categorize it to "capital gains". If you want to see the gain reflected in your net worth, exclude this new account from the report. The advantage of handling the gain this way is that it do...

Encode(quote) attribute value
Hi there, I need to encode the value of an XML attribute, e.g. string myXml = "<element myAttr=\"" + encodeURIComponent("my \"value") + "\"" ...."; Is there an equivalent of encodeURIComponent() javascript function as part of the framework (1.1 or 2.0) which will encode special characters, e.g. double quotes? Thanks, -Oleg. For .NET languages, include the namespace System.Web.HttpServerUtility and call the HtmlEncode method of the Server object. The results are equivalent to the javascript escape() method. ie: for VB.NE...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

Changing Default Character Set
Do I have to restart Exchange services when I change the default character set? I have Blackberry users who send mail from their Blackberrys to other employees on the E2K server, but the employees can't read the message because its all garbled text. RIM says its because the default character set is set to Western European (ISO8859-1). They said to change it to Latin I (Windows 1252). ...

It's twins!!! Two sets of personal folders!!
I had to re-install outlook and reloaded my .pst file. My inbox got all the mail back but my contacts didnt come back. I imported the pst file and now i have double!! It wont let me get rid of either. What do I do now?? TIA Terri ...

How to set SAVE AS file name to equal A1 contents when rename file
How can I set the SAVE AS file name to equal A1's cell contents? (More specifically, when I need to rename an existing open file and place my cursor in A1 and hit Save As, I need to new file name to automatically populate A1's cell contents so I don't have to retype the contents of A1.) ...

Setting up local system email
I have a workstation using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I'm using 3 profiles on my workstation. Each profile has its exclusive Outlook email setup. Is there anything I can do to set up Outlook to allow for local emailing from one profile to the other, or is this something that requires another program like Microsoft Exchange Server? If each profile has a totally different email address, I suppose you could just send yourself mail over the internet and it would hit the correct profile when you login to that one. I don't think you can do it "offline" so to speak - which...

Using a value from a cell inside a formula!
Hi! I've got two cells that contain the start and end row of a matrix in sheet. I want to use these row numbers in a =COUNT.IF formula to count th number of specified instances in this matrix. But my problem is this; how can I use the values in the two cell inside the COUNT.IF formula?? I should look something like this; =COUNT.IF(F"cell1":F"cell2";"=argument") As you can see, the column (F) is specified in the formula but the ro number needs to be fetched from cell1 and cell2. Can anyone help me with the correct syntax? Thanks! -M -- marsupilam --...

Selecting a date value from two fields
I have a table with two date fields: one an unconfirmed date scheduled upto 3 years in advance, and a confirmed date which is entered nearer the appointment time. I need to be able to run a report showing either: the unconfirmed date if no confirmed date is entered, or the confirmed date if it is available. I need to keep the two dates as I also need to show how many appointments were done early or late, compared to the advance-scheduled date. How do I do this. I have struggled through and can't make it work. ...

Language settings on Exchange server
Hi, We have a Exchange 5.5 server that was installed with spanish in "Locales". This was a misstake and the customer now want's english instead. We removed spanish from "Locales" on the server and enterd english instead. The problem is that spanish still seems to be applied. Out of office replies have spanish in the subject field as an example. We rebooted the server but no luck. Any suggestions how to fix this? ...

Cell Value in workshet and VBA Cell Value differs
Hello, Range("B2") contains the value 1852 in general format. I am certain that this cell has no decimal places at all. I even typed it explicitly once again. But, when I do a ? Range("B2").Value in VBA immediate window, it prints 1852.00034359738 This causes problems for me when I import the excel data to access as I am actually expecting a whole number value in that cell. Could someone explain this behaviour and how I can go about in fixing it? I am actually a proficient excel user and this is the first time I encounter this. Thanks. If the column isn't w...

Set values back to zero
I have saved the data I need for last year. Now I need to set values of multiple fields back to zero in order to enter 1st quarter data for new year. I was hoping to program a button on the form to return all values of the fields back to zero. I thought I found this answer before, on this site, but am not finding it now. I have tried several versions of a Macro, but either it sets the first few records to zero and stops, or it just goes to the end and gives the message "all values should be zero" without changing anything. Is a Macro the logical way to do this? What am ...

Chart the Top 3 values
I'm a programmer, but I don't program in Excel normally so bear with me. I currently have an Excel chart that displays the frequency of Accidents in Man Hours Lost for the overall Program with the x-axis being each Qtr. Within this Program are 40 Projects. What I would like to do is chart the top 3 most accident prone Projects as an overlay on the existing chart. I've worked out how to add a combo box that will add a series to the chart based on the user's selection(s), which gives them the ability to add desired project ranges to the chart. But, I would like to make ...