Setting a default value?

Is there a way to set a default value in a cell?  I have a
column that looks at a list of values which are stored on
a separate sheet.  I would like the value to default to a
value on that list.

Thanks for your help,
Grace
0
anonymous (74722)

how about somehting like a sheet activate event where if target.address then
target=sheets("sheet1").range("a2")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Grace" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to set a default value in a cell?  I have a
> column that looks at a list of values which are stored on
> a separate sheet.  I would like the value to default to a
> value on that list.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Grace

0
Don

Custom settings now working
I am having problems with the custom security settings. I installed the security administrative package and followed Microsoft's documentation. However, I am still getting the Outlook notification whenever I try to use CDO. I am not an Outlook admin so I am having a rough time trying to debug this. What are some things I can look at to try to resolve this issue. I noticed that when I go to Outlook and go the Outlook 10 Security Settings under public folders I see the form under that folder. Is this correct? My set up is Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003. Have you checked to make sure th...

Toolbar Items reverting to the Default Settings
I have been unable to find an answer to this problem for more than a year, and thought maybe someone on this newsgroup would be able to tell me what to do about my problem!! I have certain "custom" settings that I like on my Outlook toolbars, and for some unexplained reason, sometimes several times in the same day, the settings I custom designed disappear, and I'm back to the Default settings. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?? EADIE Silverberg eadies@bigfoot.com ...

Mail being sent "on behalf of" the default email address
Hi, I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this but with no result. Can somebody help me? I'm using Outlook 2002 without Exchange Server and have 6 accounts set up on it. All of a sudden, my emails are being sent with the following in the "From" field. "user1@domain.com on behalf of default@email.com". Has anyone any idea why Outlook has started to do this and how I can change it? Thanks very much for any help :-) You can choose which account to send from in the toolbar of you message. It will then use the account you select at that time. It i...

How to set schedule task?
When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but I don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be performed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set task without passwords? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6396742-7F6D-424A-A203-6677F0F97A4F@microsoft.com... > When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but > I > don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be > performed. ...

The ability to set the naming convention for EFT files.
Some banks have limits on the length of the file name that can be submitted for EFT. With the new naming convention the file names are all to long. Can you devise a method for setting the namin converntion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www....

Need to select rows to average based on a value in a different column
Below is an example of my spreadsheet. I'd like to find the average number of users for each "Day of the week" hour combination but I'm not even sure where to start. Date Hour DoW # Users 10/27/2003 10 Mon 11 10/27/2003 11 Mon 11 10/27/2003 13 Mon 10 10/27/2003 14 Mon 11 10/27/2003 15 Mon 9 10/27/2003 16 Mon 9 10/28/2003 8 Tue 5 10/28/2003 9 Tue 6 10/28/2003 10 Tue 4 10/28/2003 11 Tue 8 10/28/2003 13 Tue 7 10/28/2003 14 Tue 7 10/28/2003 15 Tue 7 10/28/2003 16 Tue 10 10/29/2003 8 Wed 7 10/29/2003 9 Wed 10 10/29/2003 10 Wed 11 10/...

how do I change the default setting of the "TO" on e-mails?
When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? Tools, Address book, Tools, Options. mikie v wrote: > When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. > How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? ...

concatenate more column value #2
Hi All Any function can be simply below function , No VBA? Next time, I will try add 26 column value. =IF(TRIM(H2)&TRIM(I2)&TRIM(J2)&TRIM(K2)&TRIM(L2)&TRIM(M2)&TRIM(N2)&TRIM (P2)&TRIM(Q2)&TRIM(R2)&TRIM(S2)&TRIM(T2)<> "", "Y","N") moonhkt Looks like you want to return "Y" if there is a value in any of your cells range and return "N" if only blank values in all cells... if it is what you need try this =IF(COUNTBLANK(H2:T2)<>13,"Y","N") '13 number of cells. ...

Integration Site Enabler
Integration Site Enabler access is granted to users and they are able to access Integration Manager with no issues. However, later in the day or even a few days later, the user no longer has access and it is unmarked in the Security window. This happens on a regular basis and is not an isolated incident. The users access a terminal server via remote desktop, roaming profiles are not used, and it is not isolated to any one user. Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_431DD987 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Nola You can use use a number of methods to track this. 1) ...

List box
This is probably very simple. I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to specify that every time the workbook is opened that the first item on the list box is always selected Thanks Brian Activesheet.Listbox1.ListIndex = 0 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32B7340F-05C9-47B5-B275-3FCFEBB2FDE6@microsoft.com... > This is probably very simple. > > I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to > specify ...

Changing the value of one field based on the value of another field
I have two fields in my database 'driver' and 'loader'. As the driver loads his own vehicle 80% of the time I want the value of the 'loader' field to equal the value in the 'driver' field after the 'driver' field is updated. I have tried a number of options in AfterUpdate but without success. Can anyone help. <barrycrone@eircom.net> wrote in message news:1191205424.828591.46110@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have two fields in my database 'driver' and 'loader'. As the driver > loads his own vehicle 80% of the time I want...

Formating Hex Values
Guys/Gals I need to display byte values in Hex format and preserve leading zeros. so I came up with : format(hex(SomeByte),"00") to perform the deed. I just noticed an inconsistency with that code and changed it to : right("00" & hex(SomeByte),2) which fixes my problem. But I do not understand why the first form gives an incorrect result. I just hate not knowing! Can someone please help out? from the immediate window try this: for i = 89 to 91 : ? i, format(hex(i),"00") : next 89 59 90 00 <--- What's...

Setting up a spreadsheet
Hello, I need helPPPPPPP. I am trying to setup a spreadsheet with the following format and I am not sure how to in put the calculations. Here is what I have design by hand. 1. Monthly Assessment | Parking | Total Due 2. Previous Balance 3. Prepaid Amount 4. Balance 5. Paid 6. Late Fee 7. Other Charges 8. Credit Balance 9. Past Due Balance Thanks for any direction and assist you may be able to render. Thanks, Shannon :-) Thanks for the reply, Basically what I am saying is how would I create a automatic formula for each of the listed items. For example for the fir...

What UAC default setting if W2k8 join AD (assuming GPO not yet been configured in AD)
Dear all, Could you please tell me, after Win server 2008 joined AD domain, what is the default setting for UAC ? ( gpedit.msc >> Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >>Security >> Local Policy >> Security Options .. look for UAC setting) My current Windows Server 2008 UAC setting, before join AD domain, http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4971/20091114sfwin2008uacset.png I would like to know if after join domain the default setting for UAC ? assuming the AD environment is has not yet configured the GPO policies. Thank you in advance. Hell...

How do I set up a private session with a webcam?
I want to be able to use my webcam to talk to my daughter stationed in Italy. She has a webcam also. How do I go about doing this? Outlook doesn't have any webcam functions; you might want to try using MSN Messenger for this. http://messenger.msn.com/ -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "alwaysewing" wrote: > I want to be able to use my webcam to talk to my daughter stationed in Italy. > She has a webcam also. How do I go about doin...

Default file locations #2
How do you change the default location when you create a new message then insert a file? I am always directed to my documents. thanks John See the following. http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you change the default location when you create a >new message then insert a file? I am always directed to >my documents. > >thanks > >John >. > ...

Outlook default email address
Hi, We have public folders setup. And i will like our exchange users to be able to email under a (default) pop3 email address such as sales@X.co.uk instead of their exchange name (rodolfo, amy, john etc) to look more professional. At the moment, we need to manually select the appropriate POP3 account from the menu to ensure we reply from sales@X.co.uk instead of rodolfo, amy etc user name. Any way to go about setting a department name such as sales@X.co.uk as default without maually changing the account name from for every email. helping help will be deeply appreciated. tks Alan ...

Outlook Unable To Open Default E-mail Folders
Hi, I run Windows XP Home Edition. Today, Outlook 2003 hung up on me. had to manually restart my computer. When it came up, and I starte using Outlook, I noticed that the data from the Sent Folders File wa unviewable. I was instructed to run scanpst to help correct the problem. searched for the path to get to Outlook data... C:\Documents and Settings\bobried\local settings\applicatio data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst I opened scanpst, tried to follow the above path, only to find that hit a dead end at local settings. I tried to reopen Outlook, and now it will not open at all. Th...

How to insert new pop3 settings in curent user outlook environment via script or command line?
I have environment of 5000 + computers & I need to set up additional pop3 acces on users environment.. I have tool that reads custom data & I want to assign pop3server, login, snmp server data as new account in curent user environment, since my tool operates via command line I would like to use some script that can do such job. Targeted version is ooutlook 2003 Regards. "Ram Demon" <globalmapleplayer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Ro6ciuoJHA.6132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have environment of 5000 + computers & I need to set up additional pop...

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

can't set up online services for downloading account information
I have Microsoft Money 2002 and have been able to download my account information for several credit cards without using the "Set up online services" function, but Discover Card requires use of that function to initiate downloads. Bu whenever I try to do that for any credit card I get a window briefly saying that Microsoft is downloading information from my financial institution, but then I get an error message: "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your Internet connection settings and try again." I have a broadband DSL connect...

Data Validation enter values with VBA
I currently have a Spreadsheet running a tipping competition which works well, however would like to add additional functionality to it. I have cells setup which are data validated to a list on the sheet and have four values to select from which are None, Team 1, Draw, Team 2 These come up in a drop down box. What I would like to be able to do is to have the data filled automatically in a group of cells dependent on the value in another cell. For example In Cell A10 i put in H and Cell F10 which has the data validated list always has the value None to start with the l...

#VALUE error add'g formulas
Trying to add two rows of times with the result in one cell, but having trouble. When I try to add the two rows together, I get a “#VALUE” result. The result for each row displays fine in the HOURS WORKED column on an individual/per-row basis –– but I need to display just one result for both rows - in the “Row 2” cell of the “HOURS WORKED” column for that day. The formulas for each row are shown below. Times are written in standard AM and PM format. The IF statement are for controls to display standard (12-hr.) time format, a text option for writing in notes, and so that &...

OWA Exchange 2003 change default http port
Is it possible to change the default http port on the Exchange 2003 OWA server from 80 to something else? It works fine on 80, but as soon as I change it to another port and reconfigure my firewall it does not work. We only do OWA on this web server. We have SSL installed and using Microsoft's instructions I have redirected http: traffic to https: But, we use the Sprint AirCard and have had to redirect the port 80 traffic to another port. We had this working fine on Exchange 5.5, but are now on 2003 and have issues. Also, please don't suggest we have our firewall handle this. It...

Novice trying to sort the values on a radar graph
Hi, I need the values on a radar grapgh to show as 0, 3, 6, and 9 as the outside of the 'web'. However the values in my data only go up to 5, how can I make the graph show up to 9 and only show the 3 radiating lines I want i.e. 3, 6, & 9? really new to this, so feel free to treat like an idiot! Good question. Here's what you do: * Slide the cursor over the rib of the radar graph until you see a little box open up saying "format axis". * Right-click on the axis. * A little dialog box opens up, and you should click the 'format axis' option. * A bigge...