set value of variable from cell

I'm trying to check cells within a column.  Check a2, then a4, then a6 then
a8, etc. If the cell is blank, test the next in the series.  When a cell is
not blank, take the value from that cell and place it into a variable.

If the columns are dates, like Column A is the 1st...   I want the value of
the first filled cell in column A to be placed into a variable like  var1st
which has been publicly declared as string.

Is that enough info? I'm running Excel 2002.

Thanks!
0
Robert4087 (350)

visual basic

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Setting up a new e-mail account

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

TEMP environment variable
Hi, Does somebody know what happens when I write in the 'TEMP' environment variable more than one directory, seperated by a ';' (For example 'C:\windows\temp ; d:\temp')? Does the OSs (98, 2000, XP) know to use BOTH directories as a temporary directories? Regards, Ram ...

Value is BLANK