set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?
0
mestrella1 (13)

Manually I don't think it's possible to set more than one sheet's print area
at a time.  Of course a macro can make this a lot quicker.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Mestrella31" <mestrella@mxn.com> wrote in message
| how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

0
jrrech (1932)
1/10/2005 7:08:26 PM
Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option
without using VBA.

Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on grouped sheets.

NOTE: Set the print area on ActiveSheet then Group the sheets and run the
macro.

Note: after print area is set you will most likely have to re-group to set
margins.

Sub Set_Print_Area_On_All_Selected_Sheets()
   Dim tempS As String, oSheets As Object
   Dim curSheet As Worksheet, oSheet As Worksheet
   Dim iResponse

   Application.ScreenUpdating = False
   iResponse = MsgBox(prompt:= _
          "Select OK to set the print area on all " & _
          "selected sheets the same as the print " & _
          "area on this sheet.  If you have not selected " & _
          "any sheets, then all worksheets will be set.", _
          Buttons:=vbOKCancel)
   If iResponse = vbCancel Then End

   'store info
   tempS = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea
   'set an object variable to refer to the sheets to be set
   If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count = 1 Then
       'if no sheets selected, select all worksheets
       Set oSheets = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
     Else
       'set variable to select sheets
       Set oSheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
   End If

   'store the current sheet and then rotate through each
   'sheet and set the print area
   Set curSheet = ActiveSheet
   For Each oSheet In oSheets
      If oSheet.Type = xlWorksheet Then
         'set print area only if a worksheet
         oSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = tempS
      End If
   Next

   'return to the original worksheet

   curSheet.Select
   MsgBox "All print areas on the selected sheets have " & _
          "been set to the same as this sheet."
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:15:02 -0800, "Mestrella31" <mestrella@mxn.com> wrote:

>how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?

0
Gord

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

When printing to large scale plotter, is there a max # of lines/pa
I am having problems with printing to my large plotter. Project seems to have issue when printing 325 lines or more. The plot gets long horizontal lines of different lengths running through my data. When I insert a page break at, for example, line 323, the plot looks fine, but I am getting two pages instead of just one. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think this is a plotter problem. Almost always, problems related to printing are related to the system or the printer driver. That is because Project is using the system to print. The first thing to check is that...

Cannot print in Portrait
I have a customer who cannot print the Trial Balance Report in Portrait mode even though she has set it to Portrait in the application setting and the printer driver setting. Any ideas? The paper size is A4. You will need to modify the report and change the page orientation on the report definition window to Portrait or Printer Setting. Don't forget to change security to point to the now modified report. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dm...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Preventing negative total time
In my form I have ID#, Date, Timein and Timeout, total time. I am using the medium time format. I want to prevent the total time from being a negative time. Example is: time in 8:00 am and time out time 3:00 pm total time should be 7 hrs, however if a person enters 8:00 am for time in and 3:00 am for time out I will receive a negative number. I want to alert the person who is entering the time that you cannot enter this time as it is before the time in. Sorry for the confusion. Tom Tom From your description, you have separate fields for date and time (and separate timein and time...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Lookup a range of numbers
Hi, I have a table as follows: (Speed) (Dist) 64k 128k 256k 5 1000 1200 1500 10 1600 1700 1800 15 2000 2100 2200 I'd like to have a formula whereby if I key in a Distance of 4 and a speed of 256k, the active cell will show "1500". I tried to use sumproduct but seems like sumproduct can only be used if the Dist is exactly "5", "10", etc. The only alternative I can think of is to list out ALL the integers for Distance. But, is there an easier way? ...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say)
How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in a cell. For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. Is there a formula? =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "RH" <RH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75B61958-5352-436D-94F1-DD3D79AAE485@microsoft.com... > How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in > a cell. > > For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. > > Is there ...

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...

time entery to the cell
any one can help me how to make the cell automatically take from the time of the computer... because i am using the timesheet tha can download from office online but the problem isour staff are key-in the correct time for there time in or time out... what i want is no need for them to enter the time, they just click the time in or time cell the time of the computer will be recorded to the cell.... Thanks a lot to all the expert that very helpfull..... jeff Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html for entering a timestamp automatically then a cell changes -- Regards Frank ...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Strange Print Problem
My forms have a print button which prints a report displaying the same information shown on the form. So far, so good. I found that a few users were using Ctrl P to print and therefore printing the form instead of the report. I have fixed this problem by calling the print button code when the user presses Ctrl P. This works great except for one form where it ignores the keydown code, UNLESS I press the print button first. If the print button has been pressed previously then Ctrl P works just the way I want it to. But if you press Ctrl P before the print button is pressed the standard p...

Page orientation when printing unusual sizes
When printing from Pub2000 to tabloid several years ago it would show vert for horiz and vice versa and would not print correctly. After much frustration QMS gave me a patch but said it was a Microsoft problem. Today I was trying to print a B5J size card and the same thing happened. I tried it on an HP inkjet and it happened again. I dropped the layout into a cheapo Sierra program and it prints correctly but with a loss of some graphic detail. It is a Microsoft problem...what is the solution? When Konica Minolta supplied you with a patch it should tell you it was not a Publisher i...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

Printing With Publisher
Hello Everyone, My question is related to mail merge printing using Publisher. Can someone tell me why Publisher when it sends a mail merged job to the print queue, it sends it in groups of ten jobs per queue? Is this a print settings in the application and if so how do i change it so the job is sent as one job in the queue like when your using Microsoft Word to print a mail merge. Any suggestions or comments please! Thanks Hi Steven Rossi (srossi@necc.mass.edu), in the newsgroups you posted: || My question is related to mail merge printing using || Publisher. Can someone tell me why...

It's twins!!! Two sets of personal folders!!
I had to re-install outlook and reloaded my .pst file. My inbox got all the mail back but my contacts didnt come back. I imported the pst file and now i have double!! It wont let me get rid of either. What do I do now?? TIA Terri ...

excel time formulas
I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds an would like to find a formula which can convert it into minutes only i.e 10:50.2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format the cells as [mm] -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "aly1cat >" <<aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds and > would like to find a f...

Setting up local system email
I have a workstation using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I'm using 3 profiles on my workstation. Each profile has its exclusive Outlook email setup. Is there anything I can do to set up Outlook to allow for local emailing from one profile to the other, or is this something that requires another program like Microsoft Exchange Server? If each profile has a totally different email address, I suppose you could just send yourself mail over the internet and it would hit the correct profile when you login to that one. I don't think you can do it "offline" so to speak - which...

How to speed up printing the report?
Hi I have a problem with printing reports in Great Plains 7.5. It took a long time, especially for trial balance report with long characters on the main segment (more than 5 characters). Do you know how to solve this problem? Hardware and software are ok. according to requirements. Regards Radek ...

"Message Tracking Center" showing incorrect time #3
I have applied all of the DST patches for the OS and Exchange Server. OS is Server 2003 Standard (latest patches) and Exchange 2003 Standard (latest patches). I noticed today that when I go into the "message tracking center" teh defult end log time is one hour ahead of the computer time. Also, all of the sent times being tracked are showing as being sen one hour in the future. (i.e. real time is 3:00 PM, messages in tarckign center show having been sent at 4:00 PM). Any ideas? Thanks, Bob I don't have an answer, but I'm seeing the same thing on my system. "Bob...

CALCULATE DATE AND TIME
hOW DO i calculate the total time between two columns that contain a date and a time. Just subtract one from the other. If you want it in hours, format it as [h]:mm. If you want days and it will not exceed 31 days, format it as d hh:mm:ss. If it can be more than 31 days you will need something like =(INT(A1-B1)-(MOD(A1,1)>MOD(B1,1))&" days ")&TEXT(MOD(MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1),1),"hh:mm") -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Pam C" <PamC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78112373-65A9-450D-...