Sent to as attachment command

I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink
that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to
the person specified by the hyperlink??
0
tom.kiehl (1)

Hi Tom

A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know
But you can use a macro that will send it
to the address in the activecell

Sub Mail_workbook()
    If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then
        ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _
                                "This is the Subject line"
    End If
End Sub

See for more mail examples
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"Tom" <tom.kiehl@ppmc.net> wrote in message news:08d401c38844$1a0bcb00$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink
> that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to
> the person specified by the hyperlink??

0
rondebruin (3790)

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

How to move text file attachement to desired folder
Hello, I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to desired folder after the email is received. Regards Pawel K. See this software: http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod03.html -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "PK" <nadzibullach@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:dorppo$4vg$1@news.onet.pl... > > I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to > desired folder after the email is received. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/...

Multiple sent messages
I am having trouble with Outlook XP 2003 sending out many copies of e-mails to the people I have addressed the e- mail to. It fills their boxes and keeps sending. I have run a virus scan several times and can't find a virus. This only seems to happen when I have a rather large attachment. I have seen other posts that people are having a similar problem. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? ...

Outlook 2007 Attachments #2
In version 2003, I was able to delete an attachment from an incoming item, and retain the item, without the attached file. THis saved a lot of storage, if I had the file on the file server. I can not figure out how to do this in Outlook 2007. Any help will be appreciated. Carl I think I figured this out. If mail is sent as Rich Text, you can not remove the attachment since it embedded in the body of the email. If sent HTML or Plain Text, the attachment is in a "line" of its own, right below Subject and can be removed "Carl" wrote: > In version 2003, I was able...

Outlook Express E-mail Attachment Is Gone
I accessed an incoming Outlook Express E-mail attachment, modified some areas, saved it as "first draft 3," and E-mailed it back to the sender. The attachment did not reach the recipient. But now I cannot find the attachment that I modified, and saved as "first draft 3." I have searched the Outlook Express Folders, recent documents in Word 2003, and my hard drive. No results found. Please advise me on "How to find this missing document?" -- Ray10X10 This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PC...

Image attachments problem #2
I am trying to set up outlook 2002 (XP). When we receive a message from someone with image attachments (jpg, gif) we are unable to view them in the message. How do I make it so we are able to view image the images in the actual message. I have tried everything, well almost everything. Can someone help? Thanks Auto ...

OE Attachments #2
When I receive mail with attachments it gives a message with the following statement when I try to view the attachment: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail Is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow the attachments through? Are the attachments still there? Yes, the attachment is still there. This is a new security feature that can be toggled on/off via Tools | Options | Security tab | second checkbox from the top concerning attachments. "tttiiiggger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:960701c433c6$9bb...

OL2K assistance changing level 1 attachments
I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). Consequently, Outlook considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment and blocks them. The following article was helpful if I wanted to add additional extensions (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/) but I'm trying to do the opposite and allow .mdb files in. Might someone be able to tell me the place in the registry to do so? Many thanks. Use the Level1Remove registry value. See = http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Attachments #25
I receive email messages in OUTLOOK. Many of these have attachmenst, the file names of which appear on the screen in OUTLOOK. However, when the message is printed, the file name of the attachment is missing. Please advise if it is possible yto configure OUTLOOK to print the name of the attachment. Many thanks. ...

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

drop down symbol and a database attached to it
I type in customer name every week in to a new worksheet( some times customers are not same as previous week) into a column. I like to know if there is a way to add a drop down symbol to each cell and a database of cutomer names, so that i can select the name from th list, thank for the help Data>Validation>Settings>Allow>List where you enter an equal sign and and a named range containing customer names, such as =MyCustomers OR refer to the range that holds the custimer names =M2:M100 OR list the names, each sparated by a comma and no spaces such as: sanik,Jim, etc. -- Greeting...

Retrieve sent messages using "tasks" in the contact prop.
Hi to all, we have a mail system based on Microsoft Exchange 2003 (server side) and Outlook 2003 (client side) with a public contacts folder, plus a public mail folder. Users usually send emails to contacs they find in this public contacts folder. My problem is the following: I must be able to retrieve all the messages sent and received to public contacts (included those stored in the personal mailbox of the users that send the message). I've tryied to do this by using the "tasks" tab on the public contact, but it only shows the mail that are in a public mail folder. I've ...

stop autosaving attachments
Hi, Somehow Outlook 2003 with an exchange server account has decided that whenever I double click an attachment, Outlook should save two copies of the attachment in My Documents. It used to create temporary files that would be deleted after closing whatever program opened the attachment. But now it creates two permanent files; one is even flagged read only. Any ideas on how to stop this behavior? Thanks! ...

Saving File attachments
Ok. I give up. Why can't I highlight multiple file attachments then right click to save all of them? Does the right-click-save really only work on one file at a time? What version of Outlook are you using and where are the attachments showing? Can you use the File->Save Attachments option? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, -xiray- asked: | Ok. I give up. Why can't I...

Retrieve attachments from notes tab of an entity
Hi Guys, In crm 3.0 usually we will attach any files to an entity through notes tab ..Simply i want to retrieve and display those attachments in an aspx page created by using VS.NET 2005. Can anybody provide crmcode for retrieving attachements from notes tab of an entity to aspx page. Waiting for replies. Thanks in advance Prabhakar ...

Problem with compressed attachments
Some friends running Outlook 2007 on Vista reports that if they receive a compressed file (.zip) as an attachment and if they attempt to open it they get a message asking to open or save it. If they choose to open it nothing happens. Other attachments are opened without problems. If they save the attachment they can open it without problems. How can I help them solving this problem? Regards Mario Mario - Roma <mario@mydomain.local> wrote: > Some friends running Outlook 2007 on Vista reports that if they > receive a compressed file (.zip) as an attachment and if they attempt >...

How attach data in a row so it can be sorted by the date column?
I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do? Hi! Select the entire range that you want to sort. Goto Data>Sort. Sort by the column that contain the dates. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into >one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. W...

opening attachments in letter
I am trying to figure out how to view attachments such a photos and things inside the letter without having to open the attachment seperatly like outlook express has it set up but I don't find and option that lets me do that, does anyone know how to do that or if it is possible???? Thanks ...

Limit Attachment size
Hello We are using Outlook 2007 with POP3 mail accounts , No Exchange Server Is there a way when a user press Send to run a VBA code to check if any attachment in the mail is exceeding certain size limit we specify, say 5 Mega Max. , if so it displayes an error to user and refuse to send the mail Any help is very appreciated Thanks Bassam > We are using Outlook 2007 with POP3 mail accounts , No Exchange Server > > Is there a way when a user press Send to run a VBA code to check if > any attachment in the mail is exceeding certain size limit we specify, > say 5 Mega Max....

attachments on Outlook Express #2
The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? Here is a link to an article that explains how to disable the security feature that blocks attachments, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;329570. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: "HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!" <anonymous@discussio...

attachment's
when i click on an attachment it opens automatically the warning dialog box that usually opens either open/save to disc does not pop up someone removed the check mark "always ask before opening this type of file" how do i re-enable this prompt Open Windows Explorer and select Tools | Options. Go to File Types tab. Highlight the file type and then select Advanced button. Make sure the confirm after download checkbox is checked. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "ron"...

Change the save attachments location?
I have Outlook 2002, and I think I read that the default "My Documents" location for saving attachments is cast in stone, but does anyone here know of a way to change it? I don't mind editing the registry, if need be. Thanks for any help! You can change it in the registry but Outlook 2002 ignores the change. It's a known issue. Not sure if it's fixed in any of the SPs but I haven't seen anything that indicates that it is. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factp...

wpf attributes vs attached properties
This seems to be a normal problem with Microsoft. Not very consistant. I am not sure what the difference is between attributes vs attached properties, but in the case of orientation and panels - why not use the same style??? For example, for a stackpanel you use "Orientation" (Horizontal or Vertical). But with a Dock Panel you use "DockPanel.Dock" (Bottom, left...). Why not use "Dock" as an attribute??? Not a problem just that they could be more consistant in there styles. It just seems to be an issue with them. In Powerpoint, they use ...

opening attachment sent from excel spreadsheet file to outlook express
Help! How do I open an attachment that was sent to me from excel (spreadsheet) to outlook express email? I am running xp home edition. Thanks! Hi jg In Outlook Express Tools>Options>Security Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened" -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20bd01c3e112$cbf0c240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Help! How do I open an attachment that was sent to me > from excel (spreadsheet) to outlook express email? I am > runni...

Forward as attachment? Recover headers stripped by Exchange server?
Is it possible to forward email as an attachment in Outlook 2002? Also, our Exchange server removes the internet headers from messages. Is there any way to recover them? Thx! 1) Tools-> Options-> tab Preferences-> button E-mail Options... 2) Are these internal messages or received from the outside? Internal messages don't have an Internet header. Otherwise it depends on your Exchange organization. For this repost the question with more details in an Exchange newsgroup -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How ...