Sending without macro

I am writing a macro that will automatically send an
excel file as an attachment. However, I would like to
send the file WITHOUT the macro due to resulting file
size. I'm assuming there is not a way to get my macro to
delete itself before sending the email, but maybe I could
create a copy of the file without the macro and then send
THAT file. However, I haven't found a way to do that. Any
ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
see:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I am writing a macro that will automatically send an
> excel file as an attachment. However, I would like to
> send the file WITHOUT the macro due to resulting file
> size. I'm assuming there is not a way to get my macro to
> delete itself before sending the email, but maybe I could
> create a copy of the file without the macro and then send
> THAT file. However, I haven't found a way to do that. Any
> ideas?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/1/2004 3:30:49 PM
Thank you for your response. However, I do not see
anything on this page that answers my question. I am
looking to send a file without its macro.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/1/2004 3:59:32 PM
Hi
install Ron's addin. It has the option to send a file / sheet without
macros

--

> Thank you for your response. However, I do not see
> anything on this page that answers my question. I am
> looking to send a file without its macro.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

trying to send out emails

Create Excel macro for barcode output
I am looking for suggestions or samples of an Excel macro that will output barcodes that can be printed and then attached onto loan documents. Example: input loan # 555 and print off 20 barcoded labels - each label contains loan number + the document type. hi, you don't need a macro for that. we just got throught barcodeing our part numbers in the ware house and used excel and no macro. bar codes are just another font. excel uses 3 0f 9 barcode font. you can download others off the net. you can format a cell with this font and it will show as barcode on the sheet and numbers in th...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

Send notification email when timesheet is rejected
Hi, Is there any way to send email notification to a resource when a time sheet is rejected by the resource manager or project manager. We're using WSS 3.0 and Project server 2007. I can find alerts for task and other items but i don't find any sort of help regarding this issue Thanks in Advance. There is no way to do this without some sort of customization. You might want to post this question in the microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup. Jonathan "rajeshts" <rajeshts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4A692A8-C41C...

modify linked cells without breaking link
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets (2003.) The 2nd and 3rd worksheets have cells that are linked to the 1st worksheet. This workbook will be used to schedule production. The 1st worksheet has a list of products that we produce. The 1st worksheet has a column for the min # of cases we need to keep in stock at all times and the max # of cases we must keep in stock at all times. The 1st worksheet also contains a column where the production scheduler would enter the actual # of cases in stock. The 2nd worksheet in the workbook takes the actual cs in stock and compares ...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

SetKeyboardState to send Ctrl key combinations
Can anyone help me understand how to use the SetKeyboardState function. I have tried several examples I found online but none of them (nor any of my own attempts) work for sending keyboard combinations such as Ctrl+A. Here is the code I currently have that does not work Private Declare Function SetKeyboardState Lib "user32" (lppbKeyState As Byte) As Long Private Declare Function PostMessage Lib "user32" Alias "PostMessageA" ( _ ByVal hwnd As Long, _ ByVal wMsg As Long, _ ByVal wParam As Long, _ ByVal lParam As Long) As Long Privat...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

Send Url via workflow
Hello, the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to open a URL (http://www.google.com) On Aug 6, 6:58=A0pm, Ali BARADA <a.bar...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a > workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? > > example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to > open a URL (http://www.google.com) Given workf...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

Cannot send delivery receipts
I have an Exchange server 2003. While I am able to send non-delivery reports (NDR) and read receipts, I am unable to send delivery receipts. That is not exactly correct. I can send delivery receipts to email addresses from within my domain, if the email orginates from within my domain. When the email originates from outside of my domain, there is no delivery report sent, or at least received. In the Exchange System Manager, under Global Settings, the default properties under the advanced tab for the Internet Message Formats is set to allow delivery reports. In the Internet Mail SMTP Conn...

Macro's with Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift?
When you record a new macro it asks you what Ctrl key you want to access it with. If you Edit the Properties of a Macro it asks you what Ctrl-Shift key you want to use to access a macro. How can you have more control over this to assign the proper key to a macro? Thanks. Al, I don't know what you mean by "edit the properties of a macro." You can assign a Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift combination (excluding number keys) to macros either when about to record a macro, or later with Tools - Macro - Macros - Options. If by "have more control," you mean keys other than C...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Relaying denied / Can't send to aol.com & cisco.com domains
We have 1 internal Exchange 2000 server for our only domain, dortfcu.org. When we try to send an email to anyone at the aol.com or cisco.com domain, their email server says 550 5.7.1 <email address>... Relaying denied. I think the issue is a dns issue and is due to the fact that I upgraded one of our 2 dns servers from windows 2000 server to windows 2003 server last weekend. NSLOOKUP of dortfcu.org with type=mx says that mail exchanger = smtp.dortfcu.org. The servers real name is dort2.dortfcu.org. So I guess this means my mx record is wrong? I don't have access to my ...

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Outlook 2003 wont send email-very weird
Greetings. Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003 Teacher/Student edition) The other day I found out that email I have been sending have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this many times. All the email in my sent box never actually goes anywhere. I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my ISP just fine. I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail I have installed all updates to no avail I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no ava...

Event ID 1016 logged for sending an email
I recently emailed a co-worker (at 11:42am). I was then later shown a security log that showed Event ID 1016 was logged at 11:42am saying that I accessed her mailbox. I did no such thing! I've researched the knowledgebase and found some info on this topic, but can anyone tell me how I can definitively clear my name? Has this happened to anyone else - simply sending an email caused 1016 to log? I realize that checking the other person's calendar could also do this, but I don't think I did that either. My job could be on the line. Thanks for any help you can provide. (...