Send Email With Cell Conent as Part of the Subject

Hyperlink is able to send email with cell content in the Subject line.

My Case

=HYPERLINK("mailto:Collections_Admin?subject=Overdue Balance " & "_"&
'Sheet1'!G15,"Email To Collection Agency")

Sheet1G15 has the data I want to show in the subject line.

Is it possible to do this with Macros? I am using Lotus Notes for email.

Thanks

Igbert

For lotus code see

Sending mail from Lotus Notes (XL-Dennis)
http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=1X5M7A

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"igbert" <igbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3768D3BF-2D01-4011-8739-60D55435D3D4@microsoft.com...

> Hyperlink is able to send email with cell content in the Subject line.
>
> My Case
>
> =HYPERLINK("mailto:Collections_Admin?subject=Overdue Balance " & "_"&
> 'Sheet1'!G15,"Email To Collection Agency")
>
> Sheet1G15 has the data I want to show in the subject line.
>
> Is it possible to do this with Macros? I am using Lotus Notes for email.
>
> Thanks
>
> Igbert

0
Ron

cannot send or forward in windows 7
using windows live mail with hotmail on one computer (vista) works fine send & recieve on my laptop (windows 7) on wireless network cannot send or forward recieves fine i am logged in to both locations -- tommy On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:40:58 -0700, tommy1943 <tommy1943@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >using windows live mail with hotmail >on one computer (vista) works fine send & recieve >on my laptop (windows 7) on wireless network cannot send or forward >recieves fine > >i am logged in to both locations Can you be a tad more vague?...

Junk Email Filter in OWA
Hello I am looking for a switch or option in OWA 2003 to disable or turn off the Junk Email filter for a users within my exchange site. I know how to shut it down individually but have been asked to disable it for our entire site. Any one know if such a switch exists or a way to acomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Mike Breen Hi Mike, What are you trying to achieve here? Remove the junk email folder or stop SPAM messages from being delivered there?. Do you also realize this folder is created also created when you have IMF on your Exchange server and clients co...

populating a cell with parameters
I need to populate cells with another cell ex. if a2 thru a6 = 872 I need b2 thru b6 = text message Any suggestions on how to do it??? Enter this in B2 and copy down to B6 =IF(SUM($A$2:$A$6)=872,"is 872","not 872") OR if you mean each of A2 thru A6 = 872 then In B2 enter =IF(A2=872,"is 872","not 872") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 17:23:02 -0700, Shannon Bisram <Shannon Bisram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to populate cells with another cell > >ex. if a2 thru a6 = 872 > >I need b2 thru b6 = t...

Lookup external data by cell or range
I have a column in excel consisting of part numbers that I would like to extract information from a foxpro table. For each part number in the range I want to extract available quantity, cost, and other information from the outside table and bring it into the excel spreadsheet. I did this a long time ago with lotus 123 by printing the range of cells to a file and then use a foxpro DOS prog to extract the information from the fox table and then saved it to a text file to be imported later into lotus. I could probably do the same with excel, but I would like to automate the process furt...

Can't Edit Send/Receive Group
Unable to edit the "all account" group. Additionally, an "operation failed" message is received when an attempt is made to edit the group. The symptoms equally apply when a new group is created...Appreciate any advice ...

How to total cells in a range with data input
Greetings to all members I am running Excel 97. An office colleague presented me with an issue that might be of interest to any Excel whiz and seasoned programmers. I would certainly appreciate any pointers in solving it. So here goes. The set of values includes 33 cells ranging from B4:D14. The data type is numeric. Data is only input in a few cells. QUESTION What would be the function to enter in, say, cell A15 to indicate the total number of cells in range B4:D14 that have received data input? Or does it involve some behind the scene VBA programming? EXAMPLE B6 = 9 C9 = 4 D11 ...

How to set cell validation in excel using name range?
I have 2 worksheets in my workbook. First worksheet has name range (for example a1:b5 name = valName). In another worksheet I want to create cell validation as combobox by using value from range name "valName" in first worksheet as it source. How can I do that in C#? ...

Is there any way to split contents of a cell into more cells.
in a cell i am having date like 123, 435, 546, 546. I want now the 123 in one cell, 435 in another cell, 546 in another cell and so on. It there any way to split the contents of a cell into more cells. Hi, Have a look at Data|Text to columns and use comma as a delimiter. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "saravanan" wrote: > in a cell i am having date like 123, 435, 546, 546. I want now the 123 in one > cell, 435 in anot...

Mandatory entry for a group of cells?
How do I designate a group of cells as requiring an entry, without using a macro? I'd use a nice visible cell and format it in big bold red letters. Say your range you want to check is 3 cells (a1:A3). Then in B1: =if(counta(a1:a3)=3,"","You must enter all three cells") Actually, I like to use an adjacent cell for each cell that must be filled in. =if(a1="","","<-- This cell cannot be left blank!") JB wrote: > > How do I designate a group of cells as requiring an entry, without using a > macro? -- Dave Peterson Hi ...

Updating Consecutive Cells in a Range
How can I update the next consecutive empty cell in a range each time a value is entered in the same cell? For eample, I enter bank account balances in cell c4. Each time the next consecutive empty cell in range c6:c20 updates with the value entered. Thanks for your help. Do you mean =$C$4 in the Range C6:C20? -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Stilltrader47" <Stilltrader47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E0FFB22-F089-47AF-B64B-87DA60B19C7D@microsoft.com... > How can I update the next consecutive empty cell in a range each...

How to dinamic cell that searches for "value1 & value2" in table.
Hi I have an excell sheet with columns city and comercename i would like to make a dinamic cell that searches for city=Lisbon & comercename=cars and it would search the entire database and crate an output with all entries witch respected city=lisbon and comercename=cars. How to? Hi Have a look at Data/Filter/Autofilter. -- Andy. "armindo" <armindo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A59A9F3-6C05-4897-8495-5A2457EC5639@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have an excell sheet with columns city and comercename i would like to > make a dinamic cel...

hide row 5 if a zero in cell D5
To All The code below is copied from a reply (by Frank Kabel) to a previous post. It hides all rows with a zero in column D Sub hide_rows( Dim RowNdx As Lon Dim LastRow As Lon LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Ro For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step - If Cells(RowNdx, "D").Value = 0 The Rows(RowNdx).Hidden = Tru End I Next RowNd End Su Does anyone know how to re-write the code to hide row 5 if a zero is in cell D5 Thanks, btk Hi! Try Sub hide_row5() If range("D5").Value = 0 Then Rows(5).Hidden = True End Sub Al -- Message...

utlook 2003- Firefox/ IE stealing Window focus when clicking hyperlinks in emails
I am trying to figure out how to prevent Firefox and IE from stealing focus when I click a link in an Outlook 2003 email. I have seen various posts on how to use and NOT use the same Browser window when clicking links as well as the posts in the below link. I have seen People post about my issue but with no responses. Any ideas? thank you http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/search?group=microsoft.public.outlook&q=steal+focus&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group ...

Email Archiving Best Practices
Can anyone recommend an Email Archiving Best Practices quide. We need to implement policy to control our every growing information stores. We want to creat policy for quotas, migrating email, retention etc. I am looking for a good resource document to jump start our effort. Thanks, Mike I'm not aware of any best practice because practices vary so greatly, with none being "best" because it depends on your own business requirements. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wr...

cannot send emails 04-26-10
I am using COX and Windows Mail and have followed all directions for changing the outgoing mail Server Port Number (SMTP) settings from 25 to 465, checking This server requires a secure connection (SSL)on the ADVANCED TAB and also checking "My server requires authentication" for the Outgoing Mail Server (and setting it up with "log in" supplying my user name and password on the SERVERS tab. Even so, I still get this error message when trying to send outgoing mail: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'testing 2', Account: 'Cox', ...

Email template not available for email entity?
When an email drops into a queue, we would like to use an HTML reply. The workflow email doesn't seem to support this when we try to paste HTML , and the template pull-down from the Actions -> Send Email does not display any templates, when an entity type of "Email" is selected in the Workflow Manager. What am I missing here? It would seem you would want to send an email in HTML format if for nothing other than to appear you came from this century. -- Bob Fletcher Hi All, As it turns out, this is s limitation of 3.0 according to MS Support. -- Bob Fletcher "B...

Complete an email
Once an email has been read and dealt with, how do I complete the email to remove it from my Activities list or my Queues list. I don't want to delete them. Thanks, Jerry Jerry, you can remove items from your queue by hitting the 'X' icon in the queue list view. This icon looks like a delete icon, but it doesn't actually delete the queued item, it just removes it from your list. (It's a really bad icon and took me a while to figure out what to do too!) Regards, -- Neil Benson Increase Ltd, UK "Jerry Haynes" wrote: > Once an email has been read and...

Quicker way of chaning Cell ref in Define Name
Hi, I have excel files which using define names. There are a lot of define names, each referencing to colum A to W with different row number. Columns C1 - W1 represent the date (working date only exclude Saturday and Sunday) for the month of June For example, A1 = Category 1 Name B1 = Category 2 Name C1 = Jun 01, 2004 D1 = Jun 02, 2004 E1 = Jun 03, 2004 .... W1 = Jun 30,2004 I may call A1-W1= Bonus then A2-W2= Rebates etc. For July we have 1 extra days, being 31 days, so I have to add a column (Column X) for July 31, 2004. In order for the Name reference to be correct, I have to c...

Delay in email opening
Ever since i downloaded the update for windows XP, it takes a while for emails to open about 15 seconds, whereas before it would be immediate, i have disabled the instant mesenger in Tools but nothing has changed, can someone please give some advice on this? ...

Linking Email Profile to GP10
I am not able to send any screen report to PDF. The option is there but nothing happens. I read another post here that may target the problem where a outlook profile has to be linked to GP 10. I dont think mine is linked because in the home console it doesnt show my messages or calandar etc... its just blank. How do I link email profiles to GP 10? I am hoping if this works then the email sending thing will be fixed. Raf UPC Raf, As I know no linking is required between GP and outlook, GP tries to open outlook and outlook will open the default profile. However, make sure that the ou...

Outlook 2000 deleting email?
Environment - Exhange 5.5 SP4 on NT4.0 SP6a. Client - W2000 SP3 w/ Outlook 2000 SR-1 Problem - This morning I noticed transaction logs piling up rapidly. I quickly figured the problem to be that one user was deleting his mailbox. His mailbox was roughly 1.5GB in size. However, when I called he said he was doing nothing. He had logged on to another computer and opened the Outlook 2000 client (Now he was logged on to two computers). Roughly the time he said he logged onto that other computer was when, I noticed the transaction logs piling up. His Deleted Items and Sent Items fold...

Send email notification from workflow to other CRM 3.0 users
All CRM mail going out to contact's and accounts is working 100% now. Routing the emails back also works 100%. Can anybody tell if me, if one is creating an email with the workflow email and require to email a user's normal email account and obviously the CRM for notification and CRM workflow to other users My work > Assigned qeueu? Is this possible? Warren O ...

CRM email from Outlook not sending
Hi, Using Outlook CRM email (from toolbar) and sending email to email address (not in CRM) will not send the email at all and not saved in CRM. Is it not possible to send email to eg employee which is not CRM user or some contact that you don't want to save in CRM and save this email and attach to some opportunity or account? Is the only way to do this by promote email from Sent Items ? Regards, SH The problem is that when the email is being created it is looking for a CRM record that it can be associated with. Basically, an activity can not exist independently within CRM, it needs ...

Need Help regarding "send AS"
Hey all. I'm trying to give a user "send As" permission. But it does not work. I have done all the right thin. Gave the acount i want to access, send as permision. The only user that seems to be working, is the Administrator. If i want to send a massage as the Administrator, it works, but not with a user. Any ideas ? Regards Henrik ps. Sory for my bad english :D How are you doing it? How long are you waiting before panicking? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <henrikcj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:115938...

How do I shuffle a group of cells randomly in Excel?
generally this is achieved via the use of a "helper"column - another column adjacent to what you want to sort where you type in a function to generate random numbers (e.g. =ROUND(RAND()*100,0) ) and then you change this column from a formula to values (copy it, select it again - edit / paste special - values) and then you sort of this column to get a "random" sort. The column can be deleted once you've sorted. Cheers JulieD "golfmoab" <golfmoab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF26C8FE-432C-40B2-9632-F74DCF1AD70B@microsoft.com...