selecting multiple choices from a drop down list

I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to selec
multiple entries from that list.

Does anyone know how I go this

If this is a data validation list, you could use code to compile a list
of selected items. For example, if the data validation is in column C,
the following code will store the selected items in the same row in
column D:
'=============================
Dim rngDV As Range
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub

On Error Resume Next
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
On Error GoTo 0
If rngDV Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
    'do nothing
Else
    If Target.Column = 3 Then
      If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
      If Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = "" Then
        Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Target.Value
      Else
        Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = _
          Target.Offset(0, 1).Value _
          & Chr(10) & Target.Value
      End If
    End If
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
'=========================

robparkes < wrote:
> I have a drop down list in a cell and I want to be able to select
> multiple entries from that list.
>
> Does anyone know how I go this?
>

> ---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/1/2004 4:19:42 PM
Hi,

If you're not using data validation, that is, something
like a combobox, you could use code like this to store
two selections (expand on this if you need to) in A1 & A2;

Dim home As Integer

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
If home = 1 Then
    home = 2
    Range("A2").Value = ComboBox1.Value
Else
    home = 1
    Range("A1").Value = ComboBox1.Value
End If
End Sub

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)

Problem with Messages to Contact Objects in Distribuition Lists
Recently our sister company started complaining that they were not receiving some messages from our company. On our exchange 2003 server we have their mail address entered on our server as Contact Objects. When we select those Contact object names from the address book they get delivered fine. If we select a distribuition list that has Contact objects for the sister comapny as members they do not receive them, yet any local accounts in that same list do get delivered. I added my BellSouth as a Contact and added to the same list and sent a test and my BellSouth account got the message ...

Excel XP: Showing Trace Precedents Arrows for Multiple Cells...
....Is there a quick way to display more than one set of Trace Precedents arrows in a single worksheet? I can show the precedents one at a time and turn them off with one command, but I'd like to display selected sets (without having to repeat the action multiple times) before I email the file to another user. Is creating a macro the only way? Thanks in advance Amanda This is in Excel 2003 Help, but I've never been able to figure out exaaaaactly what it is trying to describe: <<To see all the relationships on a worksheet, in an empty cell type = (equal sign), and then c...

Multiple line, one bracket [ ]
how do i write multiple lines in these bracket... [ in here ] i can write one line at a time but i want the brackets to be on either side of the page with the text in the middle. If you want very tall brackets, you could create a Field, but then you'd have to specify the line breaks and formatting in a complicated way within the field. Perhaps creating them as graphics would be simplest? Or 3 columns, with a very large font size for the first and last columns holding just the bracket characters? Or a 3-column table set to Auto-Fit (but then again you'd have to manually ente...

Multiple columns
I am trying to make a database for my movie collection. I would really like to be able to have multiple columns of images (DVD box art) to help me make my choices. So far, the closest I've come to having multiple columns is in the print preview mode of a report. I have created a form, but was unable to find a way to make it have multiple columns and scrolling through 1 title per line gets kind of old. Any help creating a multiple column form would be greatly appreciated. We aren't there, and we may not have the same definition of "multiple columns of images" that you have. ...

problems with offline list
When I press F9 in Outlook 2003 i have this error. ( 0X8004010F). Who can i fix it? ...

How do I create a simple drop down box/List
I need to create a simple drop down box in excel to choose from a list of vendors. I can't remember how to do it. For a tutorial, see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to create a simple drop down box in excel to choose from a list of >vendors. I can't remember how to do it. >. > ...

Transfering a hyperlink from an autofilter drop down to a different worksheet
I have got a front sheet with several selections to make. This is transfered onto a hidden sheet where it uses an autofitler to narrow the search down to one row. On this row there are several numbers which I transfer onto the front page. I also need to transfer a hyperlink onto the front sheet. I can transfer the text of the hyperlink, using this: {=INDEX(K11:K304,MATCH(1,SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(K11:K304,ROW(K11:K304)-MIN(ROW (K11:K304)),,1)),0))} I cannot transfer the hyperlink itself, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Gav -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

List Item Positioning
Hi, In a List view control having the style LVS_REPORT, i need to insert the required spacing between the list items. How to do this? In MSDN, different methods have been given for List view control having the style LVS_ICON and LVS_SMALLICON, but not for LVS_REPORT. Please suggest any method u know. -dgs What required spacing? The last time I used a list control in report mode, there was no spacing issue at all to address. You get a set of lines with columns. I've never done any form of spacing managment here. What do you mean by "required spacing"? joe On Wed, 16...

Multiple Profiles Using Terminal Server
Does anyone know if anything has changed around using multiple profiles with Terminal Server? Last time I checked you can only use CRM Outlook using the user that installed the Outlook Client. Is this still true? With CRM 4.0 this has changed. In fact, there were ways to configure it with 3.0 as well. But, 4.0 has a seperate "config" step for the client that makes this a lot easier. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Scottie" <Scottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C0282BD-76B4-41E1-BD9D-6C24C6984FEB@microsoft.com... Does anyone know if ...

Multiple table query displays only one record
I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another table that has the names and addresses of the schools related to the applications. When I do a querry it either shows only one record or all of the information form one or the other depending on whetner I click 2 or 3 in the properties window. How do I get it to show all of the records from all of the columns that I have chosen from both tables? Elaine_Moore wrote: >I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another >table that has the names and addresses of the schools related...

drop off to 0
I've reading reading posts, and I can't find a specific answer to my question. I have some data I want to plot in an area graph. X-axis values go from 2005 to 2015. For the first 5 categories I only have values for the 2005/2006 year. The next categories I have all data from 2005 to 2015. When I plot the area chart the first 5 series, with values in 2005 & 2006. The area graph shows a drop off to zero in 2007. My question is: Is there a way to not show the drop of from 2006-2007. I have no value for that cell, but it still shows a drop off. Is there a way to c...

drop down calendar
I have a date field on one of my worksheets. I'd like to have it so that when you click in the field the current month's calendar appears so that you can click on a date to insert it. There should also be a way to click through and see previous and future months. How can I do this? Thanks. Hi Glenn, Visit Ron de Bruin's site at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm --- Regards, Norman "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJPgE2AdFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I have a date field on one of my worksheets. I'd like to h...

Open form for record selected in subform
Hello, I have 3 forms. The starting form (#1) has an unbound combobox from which users can select a clinic, and a subform (#2) in datasheet format. The subform runs off a query that is tied to the clinic that the user selects on the parent form. Because the subform is based on a query that ties several normalized tables together, I cannot edit the fields in that subform. Therefore, when the data display, I want to be able to click on the ID field of any record and have another form (#3) popup to show detailed, editable information for that specific record. I have tried setting ...

Finding Multiple Queries
Can anyone tell me an easy way to figure out if queries are present within a particular worksheet. For example I have a very large excel sheet with multiple sets of data within the same sheet. I want to know if any of that data was created via a query and if so how many different queries exist within that sheet. I know that by trial and error if I clcik on a random cell, that happens to be within a query range, I will see the Data/Get External Data/Edit Query option able to be selected. But that is just trial and error. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Messag...

Multiple copies of emails with attachments
Just started getting multiple copies of some emails with attachments - and sometimes not receiving those emails at all. Hello, maybe check your Rules. It is one of the most failure, the rules. Please use only one Rule for each email and the last rule have to be like " and no more rules after this" >-----Original Message----- >Just started getting multiple copies of some emails with >attachments - and sometimes not receiving those emails at >all. >. > ...

Removing access to Task Lists in Great Plains
I have used Adv Security to remove all access for a user other than Purchase Order type access. I have removed all smart list except for PO. However, when the user logs in they still have access to the following: Setup > System > Business Alerts (even though not marked under dictionary > GP > System) Integrate > Run Integration Cards > Financial > Budgets (never should have access) Inventory Task Lists Purchasing Task Lists - should only have POP but show All Purchasing and All Payables Project Task LIsts How can I remove these from this user to "secure&quo...

change source data in multiple charts
Hi I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's taking ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is there an easy way of doing this, please? I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work Thanks We need a little more detail. 1. Are you modifying all the charts to use the same new range or does each chart use a different new range? Is the data compact, that is, if you choose the chart wizard and look at the Data Range tab does the Data Range box contain a simple reference like =Sheet1!$B$2:$E$7? Thanks, Shane "Tuxla&...

Multiple Albums with same name
I added two Christmas albums that have the same name. All the tracks show up as if they were in a single album but the track numbers are the ones in the original album. How can I split these into two separate listings? It seems common for album names and even titles to be used over many times. -- Just another user The only way to split these up is to give all tracks of one of the albums a different album title or album artist. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk tsjustme wrote: > I added two Christmas albums that have the same name. All the tra...

Multiple errors when trying to install Windows Updates XP SP3
Kb951847, KB979906, kb982168 and KB890830. several screenshots available as soon as I can reply to an e-mail. Errors 0x52, 0x80070663. Thanks in advance Emile -- Emile Brussels Asus P4s800d-X P4 HT 3Ghz 2 Gb ram,1/ AGP GF 7800 GS with 2 monitors attached res 1152x854x32, 2/ PCI GF FX6200 1 monitor res 1152x854x32, Dual Boot XP Pro SP3 DX 9c , Vista Home sp1 0x80070663 ERROR_PATCH_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is...

Exchange 2007: how to accept inbound only selected email recipients of an authoritative domain?
I have a situation in which some users of our exchange 2007 server MUST use an internet domain like Gmail as primary (reply to) smtp address in their mailbox. I wont explain why and know this is risky, but I want to secure this construction as good as possible. - I have set Gmail as authoritative domain in order to accept inbound mail to gmail accounts - I have allowed acceptance of inbound mail from senders with email addresses of authoritative domains (like Gmail) - exchange won't relay gmail to other servers since it won't send gmail outside itself. As a result of this, sending ...

Modify data at the application level list view w/o opening indv re
This suggestion is for functionality to modify account or contact field information from the List View at the Application Level. In other words, users would like to modify fields on this screen, without actually opening any single record in another window. A similar functionality would be like modifying song information in iTunes, where you can change any field info by clicking on that field twice, or even something like the Advanced Find window where hovering the mouse over a field will allow the option to change the field value. Many of our users and clients think this would be an e...

Silently drop incoming messages if address doesn't match AD
Is this possible to do with W2K3/Exchange2003? Can implement Recipient Filtering, rejects message before DATA portion is transmitted but still sends ndr unless you disable NDRs completely from smtp vs. Can use it along with smtp tar pitting. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842851 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Timo" <Timo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F841BDFF-F6B8-4AF8-A5C8-F0744CE5A4D4@microsoft.com... > Is this possible to do with W2K3/Exchange2003? Thanks, let me give this a shot. "Bharat Suneja"...

filtering multiple columns with ranges
using xls2002 - i have 4 columns of data- the first column has an account # - there may be several records with the same account # - I need to compare the number of records with the same account # and compare the data in the other 3 columns - for only those records wiht the same account # - I would like to write a formula that asks the queston - give me all Acct#s that have less than 4 ( or x number) different records, with all LPDate = 00/00/0000 & all for those records Dlisted date > 01/10/2002 & all balances less than 150 - I just can't get my hands around the formula to ch...

Outlook 2003 created multiple Identical personal folders
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop. When I imported my old .pst file, two "new" personal folders were created. Both of the folders contain exactly the same information (inbox, contacts, etc) as the primary. Deleting from any one deletss from all three. I have tried the "removing duplicate personal folders" procedure at Microsoft.com. I can rename to top folder but not the next two. Outlook won't let me delete either of the second two because it says that nay of them is primary. Any help would be appreciated. Dear "frustrated" I hope...

How can I select an item in a drop down ?
I have a long list in my drop down sorted in alpha. How can I select a letter that will bring me to the list starting with that letter? From a posting by Howard Kittle............................ You can get close to that. Sort your validation lists and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now...