Selecting data from a specific column

I have data in columns with month headers. I want to input a specific month
and return data for each row. For example, in A1, I have selected "Feb" and
want to return the data from column D. This will be 12 months so a nested IF
statement does not work.

1	A	B	C	D	E
2	Feb	 Type 	 Jan 	 Feb 	 Mar
3		 LR 	 87.55 	 126.77 	 111.63
4		 PC 	 3.91
5		 RE 	 98.23 	 29.75
6		 SP 		 92.93

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Charp

In A2:
=INDEX(C2:N2,1,MATCH(A$1,C$1:N$1,0))

Copy down as needed.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Charp" wrote:

> I have data in columns with month headers. I want to input a specific month
> and return data for each row. For example, in A1, I have selected "Feb" and
> want to return the data from column D. This will be 12 months so a nested IF
> statement does not work.
>
> 1	A	B	C	D	E
> 2	Feb	 Type 	 Jan 	 Feb 	 Mar
> 3		 LR 	 87.55 	 126.77 	 111.63
> 4		 PC 	 3.91
> 5		 RE 	 98.23 	 29.75
> 6		 SP 		 92.93
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Charp

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

Moving and Selecting Multiple Objects in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am new to Word 2008 and can't seem to be able to nudge objects or select multiple objects in a document. I am trying to make small movements to a selected object by holding the option key and then using the directional arrows----doesn't work. Also cannot select multiple objects by holding shift key. Do these functions need to be &quot;turned on&quot; somewhere? Maybe my old PC mind is giving me the wrong commands. Can anyone help? In article <59bb6613.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, ...

Search for data in a column bring all related items in other colum
I have data in the excel sheet with .A column for OrderNo and B Column for items for that Order. A B ORD001 ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ORD002 ITEM4 ITEM1 ITEM5 There are more than thousand orders.I want search for an Order so that it brings all items with it. I cannot use filter in A column as it doesn't recognise blank cell.So Option to repeat order nos in A for every item involves a lot of data entry. Any Solution ? I'd fill those empty cells in column a with the previous value. And us...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

how do I find an average number of specific words in a column
I am attempting to calculate a number of specific word occurrences. In example, I have a column with yes in certain cells, and no in the others. How can I display the total number of yes and no occurrences? I am fairly new to Excel and know very little about coding in it. Hi you can use the countif function to return the numbers of "yes" and "no" e.g. =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes") will count the number of "yes" answers in the range A1 to A100 likewise, =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"no") will count the number of "no" answers in the same range H...

Area, perimeter, and color in shape data
Hi everyone, I have Visio Professional 2007. First, I don't have great skill yet in making shape data. But also, I would like to have the following data show in the shape data for various geometrical shapes (like squares, rectangle, or circles, for example): - the area of the shape - the perimeter of the shape - the color of the shape Now, I understand that I can go to Tools > Add-Ons > Visio Extras > Shape Area and Perimeter to get the first two items. I also know that this information will change dynamically as I alter the shape. So far, so good. ...

Getting data point from an accel chart
I have an excel chart that I want to get the data points(x,y) from. The source data refers to cells in the same sheet, but I don't see any cell in that work sheet. Only the chart. I can run the cursor over the line and get the x,y coordinates for each point. I would like to copy the x,y values, to reproduce the curve in another program ...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

How do I lock N left hand columns
How do I lock N left hand columns in excel so that when I want to see some right hand columns and slide the columns on the right to the left the locked columns do not move and remain visible? Don J ------------------------------------------------------------------------ With A,B,C visible select D1 and hit Window / Freeze panes. This will freeze A,B,C in view If you hit D2 and do it you will also lock the headers in view (ie Row 1) Whatever cell you select it will freeze to the left and above that cell. -- Regards Ken.........................

MS Query Column Headings and Calculated Fields
I'm using MS Query to pull data from an ODBC data source. Everything works fine and I can extract data just great. I'm wondering, however, calculating some fields with the query. I can't seem to add a column heading without enclosing the heading in quotes. That would normally be fine, but everytime I go to edit the query and extra set of quotes is added to the column heading. Is there any way to get around this? I also would like to know if there is a way to use calculated fields in other calculations. If so, is there any documentation out there on how to do this? Thanks, -...

CRM Integration: data doesn't go from CRM to GP
I'm setting up CRM integration for GP. Setup went ok, data migration from GP to CRM ok. When I add data to GP, it copies to CRM ok. I can't seem to get any CRM data to copy to GP. No messages in event viewer. Services are all started (according to documentation) successfully. I'm pretty sure I've configured properly in Settings and Admin tool. My IntegrationUser account is a member of all the required groups. I've turned on 'create customers always' to test, so I should create customers in GP whenever I create an account in CRM, but that's not happe...

Data was deleted and saved by mistake..need to go back
I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can anyone help Richard don't get your hopes up. Unless you have a copy or a backup ... it's gone. Regards Trevor "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1084801c3bea6$222d5270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can > anyone help ...

Select buttons pasted into Excel
I pasted a table from my investment account into Excel. The tabl included option buttons. I can get rid of the alpha/numeric part of th paste but the buttons remain. I've tried to format & copy empty cells but the button remains. I ca turn on the button -- nothing happens that I am aware of. How do I get rid of it?? Delete or clear doesn't work. joe -- jzemane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jzemanek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

ADDITIONAL INFO RE: Data execution prevention
Since my last post, I have some additional info that might help someone get an insight as to what the problem may actually be. First, I went to start/run and put in "sfc /scannow", and let it run fully. Everything copacetic there. The I checked Admin. tools for the read-out. Under the "Error" heading was this info: Faulting Application rundll32.exe version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address0x00000000 Clicking on the "Online Help" link brought up a blank page - no help. Hoping some terrifically insightful MV...

Roundin specific input time
Please, I need me. I built a time management database and would like to round specific times up or down. For example whenever someone in time is between 7:16am to 7:33am, I would like it rounded to 7:30am, in times between 8:16am to 8:33am to 8:30am and all other in times around thoses ranges not to be rounded. I have some individuals reporting at 7:30am and some at 8:30am, would prefer the code to also round 8:16am to 8:33am as 8:30am as well. Out time ranges between 4:00pm and 4:10pm round to 4:00pm and ranges 5:00pm to 5:10pm rounded to 5:00pm and all other in times around thoses ran...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

Shortcut key
One of the most irksome things in using Visio is having to go up to select an icon to switch between select mode and text entry mode. Is there any shortcuts keys or any trick to make the switch? Thank you, dbuchanan "dbuchanan" <dbuchanan52@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127084047.892156.41270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > One of the most irksome things in using Visio is having to go up to > select an icon to switch between select mode and text entry mode. Is > there any shortcuts keys or any trick to make the switch? > > Thank you, > dbuchanan S...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...

Transfer data from Excel col. A to columns B-E in the same sheet
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with only one column of player data: column A. The first three data items in column A are the same for every player: Name, Address and Phone. Every player also has at least one comment but could have any number of comments. Each player’s data is separated from the next by a blank cell in column A. Sometimes, a player’s last few comments are blank resulting in multiple blank cells in column A before the data for the next player starts. I need help writing an Excel 2003 VBA macro to: 1. Copy just the player’s name, but not the Name: label, to c...

Need to Select Individual Records Based on Birthdays in Current Mo
That sort of says it. I need to create a list, probably on the same sheet, with the names & birthdays of everybody whose birthday, e.g., falls in October. Trying to do it by hand is embarrassingly inaccurate. Any suggestions would certainly be welcome. Don. Assuming birthdates are in column C In a helper column enter =MONTH(C1) Copy down. Autofilter on Month number..........9 is October. F5>Special>Visible Cells>OK Copy and paste the visible cells to somewhere. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:53:02 -0700, PlarfySoober <PlarfySoober@discussions...

Specific file path in ODBC connection string
Does anybody know if it is possible to specify a specific file path for a .DBF database file in an ODBC connection string used in the CDatabase or CRecordset classes? I mean something that would override the default path for the ODBC Data Source like CString MyRecordset::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T ("ODBC;DSN=MyDataBase;Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]"); } - or - CRecordset rec; rec.open (CRecordset::snapshot, "Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]", CRecordset::readOnly); ....? You can if you use the Jet engine. Use CDaoRecordset instead of CRecordset Ali R. "Doug Dean&...

Compare data
Hi I would like to be able to compare data between two tables. Each table contains around 60 brands; however,the exact number of brands varies month to month, but the top brands are always there. This is the data I have each month: Column 1 = rank Column 2 = brand Column 3 = points (relates to performance) But I would like to compare the month with the previous month and for this I need to include two more columns: Column 4 = percentage change Column 5 = rank last month I have been calculating the figure for columns 4 & 5 with formulas one at a time. Can anyone suggest how I might aut...

Delete records when certain records have duplicate column data
Hi, I'm new to excel. I want to delete (sort of) duplicate records. My spreadsheet has many columns. My spreadsheet has many records I want to delete records where the data in just a few columns is the same in multiple records. (e.g. if the values in columns "A" "B" "D" "F" in any record is duplicated in multiple rows ..delete all matching records/rows. A= house number B= street name D=apt number F=city Bonus points: Can a macro/button be created that will allow me to load a spreadsheet and then somehow run the above filter/function on the ...

Data validation lookup
Is there a way to have a drop down list using data validation in file "jobs.xls" sheet "Sheet 1" Cell C4 to select a contact from a list that is in the file "parts.xls" sheet "contact" and fill in the corresponding cells in "Jobs.xls". The list of contacts starts on row 3 and goes to row 48 now but there will be more in the future. If there is another way to do this other than data validation I am open to other ideas. In "Job.xls" Sheet name is "Sheet 1" C4 C5 C6 D6 E6 C7 D7 C8 C9 ...