selecting cells #3

When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top
cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift
key down.  The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I
have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor
manually.  Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without
having to scroll down using the mouse?
0
Wazooli (46)

Nevermind - figured it out myself.  The easiest things are often so obvious
they are hard to see.

"Wazooli" wrote:

> When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top
> cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift
> key down.  The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I
> have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor
> manually.  Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without
> having to scroll down using the mouse?
0
Wazooli (46)
1/11/2005 7:07:01 PM
What was the obvious as that is a problem I have had also
and would like to know the answer.

thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/11/2005 7:58:35 PM
If you select a column as described, then select the topmost cell  in the
next column you want while holding the  control key, simply let go of the
control key and press and hold the shift key while selecting the bottomost
cell of the second row.  Try it - - it works!

"FGM" wrote:

> What was the obvious as that is a problem I have had also
> and would like to know the answer.
>
> thanks.

0
Wazooli (46)