SELECT large amount of data in a worksheet

I have my mathematical model results in excel format every times I run my
model.

Huge amount of data --10,000 rows, with 10 columns.

Now I like to copy certain portion of data into a new workbook for further
analysis.

And the data I wish to select is from F10:F10010 to P10:P10010.

I can always select F10, scroll down and select P10010. This is a bit
cumbersome and takes time.

I cannot assign NAME to these data because every time I run my model, my
range of data that I am interested in could differ -- meaning sometimes it
could be ranging from H5:Q5 to H5000:Q5000.

Is that a way for me to SELECT the data quick .. click F10, the first data
and by another CLICK or so it automatically select CELLS which are BELOW and
to the RIGHT for all cells that with numerical values.

So that i do not need to scroll down the whole workbook every time.

Thank you.

0
OTS (4)

Click cell F10 and then hold down CTRL+SHIFT and hit END, or CTRL+SHIFT and
hit the right arrow and then the down arrow.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

"OTS" <OTS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my mathematical model results in excel format every times I run my
> model.
>
> Huge amount of data --10,000 rows, with 10 columns.
>
> Now I like to copy certain portion of data into a new workbook for further
> analysis.
>
> And the data I wish to select is from F10:F10010 to P10:P10010.
>
> I can always select F10, scroll down and select P10010. This is a bit
> cumbersome and takes time.
>
> I cannot assign NAME to these data because every time I run my model, my
> range of data that I am interested in could differ -- meaning sometimes it
> could be ranging from H5:Q5 to H5000:Q5000.
>
> Is that a way for me to SELECT the data quick .. click F10, the first data
> and by another CLICK or so it automatically select CELLS which are BELOW
> and
> to the RIGHT for all cells that with numerical values.
>
> So that i do not need to scroll down the whole workbook every time.
>
> Thank you.

0
ken.wright (2489)
8/13/2005 2:48:47 PM
Ken- big thanks!
0
OTS (4)
8/13/2005 3:00:02 PM
You're welcome

Regards
                Ken..............

> Ken- big thanks!

0
ken.wright (2489)

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Select multiple files error.
I want to select multi files using CFileDialog: CFileDialog FileDlg (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT ); TCHAR strBuffer[4096]; FileDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = strBuffer; FileDlg.m_ofn.nMaxFile =sizeof(strBuffer); if (FileDlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { CString csFname; CStringArray m_strArray; m_strArray.SetSize(0); POSITION pos = FileDlg.GetStartPosition(); while (pos != NULL) { csFname = FileDlg.GetNextPathName(pos); TRACE("%s\n", csFname); m_strArray.Add(csFname); m_CListBox_ListBox.AddString(csFname.GetBuffer()); } } The error is that FileDlg.DoModal()...

Counting frequency in unsorted data
hi...I'm looking for a function that will count frequency using multiple variables in an unsorted data set using two variables. I can get the information that I need by sorting the data and then using Data->Autofilter and using the countif function ti isolate the variables individual. However, this is problematic if the data gets re-sorted. Data example A B C XA GM 125 XC BA 34 XA GM 23 XC NY 19 XA GM (blank) I'm looking to count the number of occurrences of XA where the value of GM i...

Pasting chart worksheet as link 2007
A chart created in 2007 and sitting in it's own sheet (not included on the data worksheet) will not display entirely if pasted as link (neither into Word nor PPT) Some of the chart seems to be "cut off" in the linked object. This seems to be connected to how much of the "canvas" is visible in Excel. Viewing the chart in Excel on a zoom so that it fills the whole screen seems to remedy this. Is there some setting in Excel that would allow us to set the worksheet chart to automatically size to window? Or else: does anyone know a way of pasting a worksheet chart as ...

Copy from worksheet to another x times
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will copy Worksheet A Cell B5 to Worksheet B Cell B5 and Worksheet A Cell B6 to Worksheet B Cell C5 'X' Times but, Worksheet A Cell B5 will be increasing by 1 until it reaches the 'X' times. When this is done I then want my worksheet to generate 'X' (this is inputed by the user) how many times the Worksheet will generate after Worksheet B Cell B5 and C5. For example: Worksheet A Cell B5 = 123 Cell B6 = 6 Number of times input by user: B7 = 10 Worksheet B Cell B5 = 123 Cell B6 = 6 Cell B5 = 124 Cell B6 = 7 ......

Hyperlinks and sorting data
I have two sheets in my Excel 2003 workbook. On both sheets column A contains a hyperlink in each cell that will jump to the next sheet of that same cell. For example, if the user clicks on A3 of sheet 1 the hyperlink will take them to sheet 2 cell A3. Sheet 2 is set up the same way with hyperlinks. The problem I ran into is if I sort the data - columns A thru D, on sheet 1 - the hyperlinks won't work on sheet 2 because the cell reference changes on sheet 1 when I sort the data. Is it possible to create a hyperlink or something in Excel that matches text and will jump back and ...

Selection color
Is there a way to change the color of the select when you click on a cell? I can make a global change from within the OS but I was hoping for a preference somewhere within Excel. -- dbassett ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dbassett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25851 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392363 You mean so that you can see the activecell better? If yes, you may want to look at Chip Pearson's RowLiner: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Be a...

Export Data from B-Trieve to EXCEL
I am upgrading Great Plains from 4.0 to version 9.0. The current data is in B-Trieve version. Is there any way that instead of Migrating data from B-Trieve to SQL, I export data from B-Trieve to Excel and then import it in SQL via integration manager. Any help in exporting the data from B-Trieve to Excel would be highly appreicated. Thanks It's possible to export from Btrieve to Excel. GP used to provide a DDF creator that would enable you to create the five DDF files that would give you access to your data via ODBC. But, are you planning on exporting each file to Excel and then...

Chart data from text file
I have my x- and y- values as tab-separated values in a text file. There are many different files, so it is too cubersome to open them all convert them all to Excel. Is there any way I can create a chart that reads its data from a text file? On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, hmm <hmm@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have my x- and y- values as tab-separated values in a text file. There are >many different files, so it is too cubersome to open them all convert them >all to Excel. > >Is there any way I can create a chart that reads its data fr...

New Bank Data Download to Money 2002
OK, I still have Money 2002. When MS Passport went away, so did my ability to pull data from within Money. However, I could go to my institutions, select download transactions to Money format, and they would import right into Money. My bank, Chevy Chase, just changed ownership to Capital One. Their new web site only downloads an Excel comma delimited spreadsheet, rather than going straight to Money. Is there any way I can pull a set of transactions over a date range directly? In microsoft.public.money, Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote: >OK, I still have Money 2002. When MS Pass...

Combining Duplicates in Select qry
Hi all, tia... As of now I do this via DAO Recordsets, but I assume there must be a way to handle it via query (also assuming that a query will always be faster than working via Recordset). If I had a list of ten records consisting of a PartNumber and Qty, and say three of those records are the same PartNumber with various Qtys, how can I write a query that will return only one instance of the PartNumber with a total Qty from all three records? Ex. PN | Qty 12345 | 2 12345 | 2 12345 | 2 12346 | 3 12347 | 10 12348 | 10 return: 12345 | 6 12346 | 3 12347 | 10 12...

Daily Importing of External Data using Web Query
Every month I create a spreadsheet from a template by creating one ta for each day of the month named after day of the month/year (010104). then maually enter a Web Query on each tab which downloads dail weather information for an insect life cycle model. This is a very time consuming and tedious task because the onl difference in the links is the expression "20040101" (for January 01 2004) to "20040102" (for January 02,2004) INCLUDED IN THE LINK. Is it possible to use a macro (VBA code) to enter the Web Query addres in cell A1 on each tab when the workbook is created an...

collect data from the same row in multiple spreadsheets
I have 140 employees with a separate workbook for each.The workbooks contains their by-weekly timesheets. Each workbook has 26 sheets (one for each pay period). I need to start a workbook that will contain the total line for each employee (line 37). For instance, The first sheet in each workbook in named "july 3". I need to collect line 37 from each July 3 sheet (total 140 lines) and have them show in the new workbook on the "july 3" sheet. I have to do this 26 times to complete the new workbook. Does anyone know of a shortcut? Hi Jeannine > of a shortcut? ...

how do I display the name of a worksheet automatically in a cell?
I use a rolling 12 months spreadsheet that has a sheet for each month of activity, and is a home sheet of rother workbooks to connect to and pick up relevant data. As I delete old sheets and add clone new ones I have to manually change the title cell name of the sheet to the proper month. I would like to be able to just change the name of the tab, (example: "Sep_05"), and have that name propagate to the title cell on that page. See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html In article <EF733ED6-CCE3-4C98-9057-C1877562975A@microsoft.com>, Archie N. &...

Multiple worksheet consolidation
Hi there, I have a workbook that is starting to drive me insane. There are 5 worksheets that pertain to one main worksheet. The 5 have physical ID's in Column A assigning information in Column B. These are referenced in the main sheet but have to be typed in physically. Is there no way to automate this? Also I have a datasheet that has all the information in it and needs to be displayed using these 5 worksheets in the main sheet. E.g. Worksheet 1 - Indicator ID(ColA) - Fire(ColB), Worksheet 2 - Division ID(Col A) Divisions(ColB), Worksheet 3 - Operations ID(ColA) Operations(Col...

Xml data bound to Datagridview -> Add datarow via XmlElement
Greetings, I have a datagridview bound to a datatable created from an xmlfile on one form. Another form appends to the xml file using the code below. To refresh the datagridview on the other form I simply re-set the datasource to the newly saved xmldocument. However, is it possible to use the XmlQuoteEl.outerxml as it includes all the information which equates to a datarow to add it to the datatable (datagridview datasource)? XmlElement isn't an acceptble parameter in any read/write xml methods, but thought re-loading the whole file again is overkill. Hope this ma...

How to best approach deleting records with both duplicate a address and a duplicate name in a large flat file
Hello, I have a medium sized file (approx 30,000 records) that has many names and addresses that have been entered twice. I need to find an efficient way to delete all records that have both a duplicate name and a duplicate address. Records with a duplicate name but not a duplicate address should stay and vice versa. Is there a best way to approach this? Should this typically be handled with a query. Does the Find duplicates query handle this problem well? Thanks for any insight anyone can provide. I am sure this is a common problem, but i have not had to do it before and my first few attem...

Importing web data into Excel 2000
I want to be able to automatically import data from web sites into Excel 2000. An example web site would be ... <http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/eurofxref-graph- usd.en.html> or using the link to the XML data file <http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/usd.xml> I have tried using "get external data" but it looks like I would have to parse the data to make it usable. What is the best way to do this? One way to start is from the web site>place your cursor where you can right click to get an option to import to excel>do so and build...

Can't move from one cell and/or enter any data, or exit wksht...
My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has happened and how does one undo the problem and understand how it can be overcome? Right now I cant get out of excel or perform any functions in the worksheet...any help? Has your PC possibly locked up? If so hit Control - Alt - Delete, go to the task manager, and shut down the program. Then, go back into Excel to see if you have normal functions now. "Stuck in One cell" wrote: > My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has > happened and how does one undo the pr...

Issues with Selecting Items and changing layout
I'm using Access 2007. I could use some recommendations on 'selecting' and shortening or lengthening lines on a report. I seem to first have a hard time just selecting a line if it is close to text boxes, etc. without moving the text box out of the way ... Then when I do get it selected, it still seems hard to make 'controlled' changes. Is there a way of enlarging a portion of the screen? The arrow keys on the keyboard seem to help moving something like a text box; and holding down the shift key sometimes helps in selecting items .... are there other keys that may ...

Exch 2000 Block External Mail from / to selected recipient(s)
Hi - Question(s) from an Exchange 2000 Newbie 1. I want to prevent mail messages from & to a list of specific email addresses. Do I use Recipient Policies against a specific account? 2. I have some new staff joining & may wish to prevent external mail exchange - permitting email between internal Outlook users. Where do I find settings to prevent external email transmission or receipt? -- Kind Regards from Nick Ambay Software I can't understand what exactly you to do. But if what u want is to restrict the particular user on sending and receiving email on the particular sender y...

How to auto format Area Chart Data Label?
Hello, I have an area chart with several labels data point, where the row is the type 939, 949, 969, 999 and Extra, column are date 01/09, 02/09.... and the data value in number of hours. Date Type 01/09 02/09 03/09 939 12.5 60.5 52.0 949 25.5 12.5 12.0 969 979 56.5 60.5 52.0 999 Extra 5.0 2.3 1.1 Depend on the machine number selected, it might have all type 939,etc.. then sometime just return 939 and 999 only. How do I auto f...

Excel charts should let me select a range for data labels.
I use Excel 97. I want to graph the progression of my test GRADES. I can create a line chart that graphs my three test scores on three different days, 81 in January, 85 in February, and 89 in March. However, I would like the data labels to reflect my GRADE and not my SCORE. While I want the chart to graph my SCORES of 81, 85, and 89 - I want the labels to reflect "B-", "B", and "B+" and not the actual numerical SCORES. So, I would like the option to select a different column for my DATA LABELS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and ...

combining data from multiple worksheets into one
I have several worksheets in one workbook. Each worksheet is for a different store location (i.e. Store 1, Store 2, Store 3, etc). I have dates listed in Column A and profits listed in Column B. I would like to create a another worksheet that combines entries from all these stores into one master log but listed in sequential dates. I want this master log to update automatically every time I enter an entry into one of the individual stores. I don't want to just copy and paste old data into the master log. I also want column C to state which store this came from. Is ...

Can I transfer data from and excell spreadsheet to print labels u.
Please include your FULL question in the text body, even if it repeats what is in the subject. Subject is generally ignored when reading the actual question. Please use correct spelling and capitalization for Excel. Excel does not provide decent facilities for printing labels, while there are other solutions, the normal one is to use "Mail Merge" in Word to print using the first Excel worksheet as the database; http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvp...