select and delete all blank rows

I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows
from a document,  and also separate things.  An example of separating things
would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat.  I could separate all
the fruits from the list easily.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0494f0c3-884c-430c-9f25-2eb29512bc65&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bill

If you look and search in the postings in this and other newsgroups it will give you a lot of information

But you can do it all with EasyFilter
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Bill from UniqueAuction.com" <Bill from UniqueAuction.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows
> from a document,  and also separate things.  An example of separating things
> would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat.  I could separate all
> the fruits from the list easily.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0494f0c3-884c-430c-9f25-2eb29512bc65&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

0
rondebruin (3790)

delete empy rows
Hi, I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C i.e. row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn C. I want to delete this row row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn C. I want to keep this row. can this be done Khalil Try this on a *spare* copy .. Select col C Press F5 > Special > Blanks > OK Right-click on the selection > Delete > Entire row > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>y...

Single corrupted mail item, how to delete it?
Hi, Running EX2k3 on a 2k server. Everytime I do my backup I am getting an "The item \\servername\microsoft exchange mailbox\username top of information store inbox (a whole bunch of asian characters then normal email heading ) is corrupt, file skipped" I 've gone to the users inbox and there is not an email with a whole bunch of asian characters nor with the english after the asian characters. Is there a way to scan a single users mailbox for corrupted items and fix it? Maybe export to a PST and do something like that? Thanks R not possible to scan for one mailbox co...

Macro do delete values in cells
If I tipe a value (text) in N I want the values in the same row in O P & A to be deleted. Please help ...

can I disable the delete command for a file
Can I disable the delete command for a file? There's no functionality in Excel that could stop someone opening Windows explorer and deleting a file if that's what you mean -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Dr. Darrell" wrote: > Can I disable the delete command for a file? > > See "permissions" in Windows help. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:45:01 -0800, Dr. Darrell <Dr...

interpolating blank cells
I want to graph the data from a table, but I want the charts to interpolate the lines inbetween the "blank" cells. All of the cells have formulas in them because they are pulling the data from another worksheet, but some of them appear blank because there is no data for that time slot. I have tried the Tools:Options:Charts: Interpolate blank cells, but I can't get it to work. Please help. Thanks. You see a cell with a formula is not blank Replace you formula by =IF(your-formula="",NA(), your_formula) Such as =IF(Sheet1A1="",NA(),Sheet!A1) best wishes ...

select and delete all blank rows
I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows from a document, and also separate things. An example of separating things would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat. I could separate all the fruits from the list easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Unhiding rows
In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the worksheet. I can't unhide them. The sheet is NOT protected. I tried various things including Edit/Go to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works. Any clues? .......Baffled in Ontario row height? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b4001c35c24$077545d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the > worksheet. I can't unhide them. The sheet is NOT > protected. I t...

Delete overnight emails
Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange to delete all emails whenever it passed midnight? I've tried to setup Policy, but it can only delete 1 day old email. NAT hi no sure if possible but you can schedule the smtp service to run from whatever hour to whatever hour. no smtp, no email probably simpler schedule a net stop smtpsvc and a net start smtpsvc that should work Pedro ------------------- "iamnats" <iamnats@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:A7EA83EB-02A2-4BE6-A92A-01ED12F1FA54@microsoft.com... > Can anybody tell me how to setup exchange t...

selecting rows using a variable
I am using excel 2003 and I need to select rows using a variable. Here is what I have now: Dim name As String name = Range("e800") ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats").Range("a1:a1540").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Dim Start As Integer Dim finish As Integer Start = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("t800:t881")) finish = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("u800:u881")) ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats&q...

Calendar showing deleted birthdays
Many months ago I changed the first names of two of my contacts...like Jack to John. Recently noticed that clendar is showing birthdays for both Jack and John even though Jack no longer exisits. Have tried several things. Deleted John and waited several days. John's birthday disappeared but not Jack's. Tried adding Jack back then his birthday shows twice...Once for the real Jack and one for the one that was changed to John months ago then deleted. It seems the calendar is reaching back to a very old sync and refusing to delete the info. Any ideas? Did you try del...

65536 Rows for how long????
Hi there! I was wondering: is Microsoft planning on expanding the 65536 row limit? They most deffinitely should! Best regards, Albert "Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I was wondering: is Microsoft planning on expanding the 65536 row limit? > They most deffinitely should! Why "certainly"? -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com Well, not "certainly", but its certainly my opinion. I think 65536 is not enough. I believe that, among other things, Excel was made for managing large amounts of information efficiently. I think that in this d...

File Delete!
Foolish Foolish Me. I was doing some house cleaning with my computer files recently and while I was dumping some spyware I had acumulated over the past 5 years, I accidently deleted the MAPI Spooler for Outlook, could anybody possibly help me? Microsoft isn't much help when you need to get a hold of them, and since all the upgrades I've done to my computer have nullified my warantee I am now finding myself between a rock and a hard place. I can't access my e-mail without going to through my ISP's website. thanks again for any help!! -Brian do a detect and r...

Rows to Columns
I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, etc. How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without reentering all the data? Thank you --Select B2:D2. Copy the range --Select A1. Right click>PasteSpecial>Transpose>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Walter Seaton" wrote: > I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, > etc. > How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without > reentering all the data? >...

How can I color every other row
Help please. I want to make it easier to use a large spreadsheet where two rows are used for each record. Filling in the background color of every second row prevents mistakes when entering data. I want to color only the used range, not the entire row. I recorded a macro and got the following: TheRange.Activate With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 36 .Pattern = xlSolid End With I really appreciate the help. On way: Dim iCtr As Long With ActiveSheet.UsedRange For iCtr = .Row To .Rows(.Rows.Count)....

Delete Business Unit
I suggest to Microsoft to provide a way to allow for the deletion of a Business Unit in CRM. This may be a strict administrative procedure, but there should be a way to delete any type of data entered, even if it wipes out associated records. Perhaps a stern warning, only allowing the Systems Administrator to perform this action would be useful. Why keep a database cluttered with invalid data? Better to allow some clean up method. Think of the scenario whereby a Business Unit gets created and there is a typo in the name. Currently, disabling it doesn't get rid of it. ------...

Signature Button / Selection Option
In my old windows Outlook program Windows 98 I was able to select or set up e-mail for a variety of signatures from the toolbar. It appears that XP either does not offer this option or I can't locate it. Mike <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In my old windows Outlook program Windows 98 I was able > to select or set up e-mail for a variety of signatures > from the toolbar. It appears that XP either does not > offer this option or I can't locate it. What version of Outlook are you using now? -- Brian Tillman ...

java srcipt not working, getting about blank page
i have windows xp recently i have been getting a blank page behind the page im trying to open, mainly pogo games or playsite games, i have all new updates from microsoft installed, but i cant change calender set up either, what di i need to do This newsgroup is for questions related to Microsoft Publisher. You would be better off posting your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "the big bud man 8" <the big bud man 8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED6D77A-DD80-48B8-A58A-1FC98613ED2A@microsoft.com... >i hav...

Split Form with need to Provide Selection List
We have an Access 2007 application that has a split form (built on Table-1). We now need to add some type of facility that will allow our users to view data from Table-2 (while working on the Split form based on Table-1). They will then select one row from Table-2 which will contain 6 fields which we need to plug into Table-1. We are still fairly new to Access and we are not sure of the best way to accomplish this task. Thank You, Brad ...

Selecting a named range, the name of the named range is in a cell
What i want to do is the following : I have a cell which i have named "ExtraRisk". This cell contains text : example "Electricity", which is also the name of a range. Now i want to select this named range "Electricity" & copy the range How do i do this. What i have so far is : Sub Risicos_toevoegen() ..... Sheets("MASTER").Select 'I'm stuck here.... Application.Goto Reference:="ExtraRisk" 'I do not want to copy the named range "ExtraRisk", but i want to copy the named range where the va...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

Filtering rows with tracked changes
Hi I am trying to work out how to filter the rows that have been updated over a period of a couple of days. I understand that you can highlight records with tracked changes in a certain time period � but I would like to be able to just have those rows that have highlighted cells to look at. Any ideas out there? You can list changes on a new sheet but it doesn't allow you to see the whole row. Cheers, Mike P.s � is it possible to highlight changes between dates � I can only see highlighting changes since � ...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

Photos not moving with rows when sorted!
Excel 2000. A worksheet with names of people, and various data about them. Each row is a record--the person's first name, last name, and various data, each column is a field. One column is labeled "Photo", and has a small photo of the person in it. I notice that when I sort the rows, by data in one of the columns, such as "first name", "last name", etc., the photos do not sort correctly with their rows. Why? Do photos just remember their place on the page, their cell position (E7 or whatever), and not the row they are in, are not considered part of the row...

Outlook Express Delete not working
Windows XP Home Outlook Express won't let me delete all my deleted emails at one time. I can only do won at a time. In the EDIT, the (delete all deleted messages) isn't highlighted. Is there a quick fix for this? Hi Jack, Open Outlook Express. Click Tooks at the top then click Options. Click Maintenance. Check the first option. Click Apply then click OK. Close Outlook Express. Open Outlook Express. Check the folder. -- thecreator "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message news:ehU1082ALHA.98...

Select data for plot
I want to create a simple line chart for each project; but need the ability for the user to not plot a particular project (Y 0r N) Proj1 Proj2 Proj3 Proj4 Y Y Y N 11.3% 8.5% 1.8% 0.9% 16.1% 12.4% 3.7% 1.5% 21.3% 16.6% 6.9% 3.9% Any ideas? Thanks Saintsman So far you have Proj1 through Proj4 Data. Add four more columns for Proj1 through Proj4 Chart. Assuming there is also a first column for some kind of categories or dates, Proj1 Data is column D, Proj1 Chart is column F, row 2 has the Y/N.... then put this formula in F3: =IF(B$2="Y",B3,NA()) fill this formula across to colu...