searching data

Is there a way in Excel to search multiple worksheets to
collect "hits" of a particular entry?  I have a 5-sheet
workbook with about 2000 customer names, and I want to see
if I have duplicates or repeats over all 5 sheets.
0
anonymous (74722)

This feature is available in Excel XP & 2003 -- in the
Find dialog, change "within" from Sheets to Workbook and
click Find All.
0
anonymous (74722)
5/17/2004 5:59:30 PM
Jessi

With Excel 2000 and newer just right-click on a sheet tab and
"Select All".

Do your find on these grouped sheets.

DO NOT FORGET to right-click and "ungroup" when done.  What you do to the
active sheet is done to all sheets in the group.

If using Excel 97 the find across sheets does not work too reliably, if at
all.

For this version, download J.K. Pieterse's FLEXFIND add-in from

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:29:29 -0700, "Jessi Gile"

>Is there a way in Excel to search multiple worksheets to
>collect "hits" of a particular entry?  I have a 5-sheet
>workbook with about 2000 customer names, and I want to see
>if I have duplicates or repeats over all 5 sheets.

0
Gord
5/17/2004 6:59:50 PM
I can do the multiple sheet find--but is there a way to
rearrange the data to line up the duplicates, like some
kind of sort?  I have a feeling this is more an Access
issue but would like to do it in my spreadsheet if
possible.

0
anonymous (74722)

merging rows of data ?
I have Windows XP, Excel Vsn 2002. I have created an Excel file of 37 rows, one cell (cell A) on each row. Would it be possible to merge the rows together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text? I would like to put all of the data into a single Msft Word paragraph, if possible. All replies welcomed! Aaron It's lame, but if you hear of nothing tighter, Copy the column paste special / transpose to A2 or somewhere copy that paste to Notepad copy again (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) paste to word That's at least 9 keystrokes with 1 or more clicks - weak but effective. On...

Problem receiving data back from a web service
I am having a problem where no data is being returned from an Axis web service. I can invoke the service just fine and it does not give any errors, but the data objects do not hold any data. If I perform a TCP Trace I can see the data in the trace window but the value of the object is set to "Nothing". I don't know if it is related, but in addition, I have noticed that when I view the wsdl file in the .Net environment, it tells me that the element is not declared. Other simpler methods work ok, but this one is returning multiple objects and each object is an array of o...

Sorting "Data" in pivot table
Is this possible? Sorts seem to be for the titles rather than the data. Right click on the field you want sorted, Field Settings -> Advanced -> change the AutoSort options using whatever field you want to sort by. exceltwister212 wrote: > Is this possible? Sorts seem to be for the titles rather than the data. You can also highlight any of the fields in your table and then select top ten from the Pivot Table menu bar. Then sort accordingly. Vancitys sugestion will work but will change back to the original sort once you refresh the data. Smonczka Hmm, I don't seem to have ...

data analysis-multiple linear regression with Excel 2007
Hi! I try to find the menu, but are confused about the new layout... Please help... Thanks Bjorn Hi Bjorn, Are you talking about Excel 2007? If so: Click the Data tab (probably top line of the Ribbon, next to Formulas). Now select the Analysis box, probably the most right-hand box. Also, you can also still use the Excel 2003 shortcuts: alt, A, Y2 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "B D Jensen" <bjorn.d.jensen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d832c146-92eb-4070-ac8d-38c1ff62c372@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com... | Hi! | I try to find the menu, but are co...

VBA for report detail data record source
I have a report where several of the fields, because of multiple contingency fields and "in-fill" text", content is best (?) determined by putting them into code (I had tried SQL, but that was beyond cumbersome) the content would be based on the value of other fields in the same or other tables the code I have entered for the report detail field txtDescription might be something like this ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer) Dim dbs As Database Dim rst As DAO.Recor...

Is it possible to transpose 2 columns of data into 1 row?
I have the following spreadsheet: 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d I would like to have this format: 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I would use a macro something like the following. I assumed that your data was in Columns A & B starting in A1 and that you wanted everything in Row 1. Don't forget that you have only 256 columns on the sheet. I didn't write in any error trap for running out of columns. HTH Otto Sub ShuffleData() Dim RngA As Range Dim i As Range Set RngA = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)) F...

Import External Data 01-08-10
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I'm importing external data from another MS Excel spreadsheet. I have a macro created to run off the query results etc... The odd thing is, when I run this on other computers the external data query doesn't import one of the columns from the other Excel file and for the life of me I can't figure out what is different between the 2 pc's. Has anyone seen behavior like this before? Also when I try to create the query from scratch on the other computer, I'm not able to bring in all the data that way either. I still am missing a column. ...

Does MS Office install preserve data in existing MUD folder?
1) I am running Office 2004 on a 500Mhz G4 PB with 10.4.10. I want to un-install Office and then re-install it to see if it resolves a problem. I use Entourage calendar and want to be sure I retain that and other data in the database file "Office 2004 Identities/Main Identity/Database" in the MUD folder. That data was retained when I upgraded from the previous office version, but uninstalling and re- installing is a bit different. 2) When I re-install, can I re-use the original product key or must I use one of the other two? Thanks Before responding to your questions--what is the...

Need Help Copying Excel 2000 data into WordPerfect 9 table
Hi. What I'm trying to do is copy data that I have in Excel 2000 and past it into tables that I have already made in WordPerfect 9 (They ar WordPerfect 9 formatted tables). I've tried paste and paste special but what it does it pastes all of the data that I selected in Exce into only one cell of the table I've created in WordPerfect. Is ther any way to paste it into WordPerfect so that each cell from Excel i correctly pasted into each corresponding cell in WordPerfect -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

outlook data storing
hi can i know where is outlook 2010 [Beta] data storing ? what i knew checked but that file isn't current updated file (outlook.pst) Just look at the properties of your root folder. It will tell you which data file your current profile is using. -- Russ Valentine "Tufail" <Tufail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C89DA74B-67C8-4B46-BFFC-96D3438139A2@microsoft.com... > hi > can i know where is outlook 2010 [Beta] data storing ? what i knew checked > but that file isn't current updated file (outlook.pst) Tufail wrote: > h...

Chart independent from its Data Source
When I make a Chart, it remains related to its Data Source. I am trying to keep the Chart but do not want it to be dependent anymore on its original Data Source. It is somewhat similar to replacing an equation by its result. Can anybody assist in finding a solution? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Amr, here is one way, you could copy a picture of the chart: Hold down Shift while selecting the Edit menu, and choose the Copy Picture command. I like th...

Search Results View
Hi, Is there any way to change the view for "search results" in accounts. The problem we have is that we could have several companies with the same name, so ideally we would like to put another column in the "search results" field e.g. city. I have changed the default views for all other accounts but can nto find a way to change the "search results", even looking in the savedquerybase to see if i can find the savedqueryid. Thanks in advance Simon Use this url where your server replaces crm http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-000...

sorting data 03-08-10
is there any way to sort my data in excel from IP address Username 10.10.10.1 A 10.10.10.1 B 10.10.10.1 C 10.10.9.2 D 10.10.9.3 E 10.10.9.3 F TO IP address Username 10.10.10.1 A,B,C 10.10.9.2 D 10.10.9.3 E,F initially,all the IP and username are in difference cells.Finally, if the usernames are matched in the ip, they will be...

How do I do a search and replace in a textbox in Excel?
How do I do a search and replace in a textbox in Excel? ...

Smartlist RTV Lines should allow for search criteria
The Smartlist RTV Lines default (*) will not work when search criteria is entered. No matter what search function is put in, the completed results are zero lines. We are Using Microsoft Dynamics 9.0 with service pack 1 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

numbers in data sheet of stacked bar chart
I'm trying to label segments in a stacked bar chart, example: 1-10, 11-20, etc. I'm not able to enter the number with the dash. In most cases it automatically changes to Jan-10. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thanks! Format the cell as text and see if that helps. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Data Label
I created a bar graph and I am trying to include two different labels on the graph. At the top: the score (Value) Across the middle of the graph: the Quarter (1st, 2nd, etc.) I've tried the XY Chart Labler, however, it allows me to do one or the other, but not both. Is there a way for me to do this without using a text box to write in the quarter. Additionally, the X-Axis is pulling in the letter grade associated with the score, so that is not an option either. Thanks for your assistance. Sincerely, T. R. Try plotting two identical data series, and on the chart options set t...

Charting xy scatter of uneven columns of data
I have two columns of data, each having a different number of cells. I want to plot them against each other to create an xy scatter chart. Is there a way to redistribute the data in the column with the least amount of cells to match the column with the most cells? The data I want on the x axis was collected during an experiment once per second and the data on the y axis was collected 4-5 per second. Both were started and stopped at the same point in the test. I just need to evenly distribute the data that was collected once per second over the total number of cells of data that wer...

HLP PLZ: New exchange server, what to do with old data.
Hi. Have been working on a complex project onsite here. We are stuck and looking for imaginative ideas to overcome the problems we have 2 xchange servers in 2 different NT domain and different email sites running 5.5 Install new windows 2003 domain, install 2 new exchange 2003 servers. All in a new domain name. Not really found any good options for moving data, basically we need people to be able to access their old data somehow. Ideas so far 1. Export all to a PST file, modify peoples profiles so they have an empty new mailbox on new exchange 2003 server with a secondary archive PST fi...

How can I search/replace weird command in text imported from Summation database?
I am exporting data from Summation (legal database program) to a delimited text file, and then importing it into Excel to create a report. In fields where there is text separated by internal hard returns, the returns appear in Excel as little boxes. I can't figure out how to search/replace those commands with hard returns (or even a character like a semicolon) within those fields. Thanks in advance! Try turning on Cell wrap Ctrl+A, Format, cells, alignment, wrap- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

charts look different if you put in data into the x axis
when i make a chart using data for the y axis it looks completely different if i leave the source data for the x axis blank. as soon as i select the source data for the x axis the whole chart become messed up. here are two pictures to show what i'm talking about. the one that looks weirder uses data in the x axis. essentially the x axis is dates. (i'm using excel 2002 btw) http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k137/kylefoley76/Picture3-3.png http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k137/kylefoley76/Picture4-1.png please, does anyone have any insight into this? "kyle&...

Using different data types in a query equation
I would like to more accuratley calculate Availability %. Currently I have it set up as follows: Availability: ([Idle Time]+[ACD True Talk Time]+[Total Hold Time])/([Total Shift Time]-[Total DND Time]) I need to subtract a few other metrics from [Total Shift Time], such as [Training]+[Meeting]+[Special Project] The problem is that those fields are number data types, where as the other fields are date/time data types. Unfortunately it's not the best way to gather and store the data, but I'm limited with the phone system, so I'm have to make do with what data I can get. So ...

How to get data from performance counters only for one particular process
Look at this: [30]: Get-Process svchost Handles NPM(K) PM(K) WS(K) VM(M) CPU(s) Id ProcessName ------- ------ ----- ----- ----- ------ -- ----------- 260 13 6088 10408 67 1,87 248 svchost 759 43 12540 15400 112 3,95 684 svchost 708 39 21840 17420 150 9,22 768 svchost .... 94 8 2680 4552 50 0,16 2324 svchost [31]: Get-Counter -list process -computer c | select -exp pathswithinstances | ? { $_ -match 'svchost' } \\c\Process(svchost)\...

Unrecognized data format
The Access 97 front-end is linked to Access 95 formated tables. We have a module we wrote in VB6 (.dll) that is called to do some calculations. We want to upgrade everything to 2002. If I use the Access db conversion I get a conversion error "missing or broken VBE reference "MSJETSQL.TBL". I cannot find this table to reset the reference. If I create a new table and import the data I get an error "c:\..... ;unrecognized data format. Are these errors related? What is the suggested fix? Any problems I should anticipate/ Thanks Dave Barrans "db" <dbarra...

Retrieving data from a corresponding row from a different column
Hello everyone. I have a dilemna and I need some help. I have values in rows 1-100, and columns A-J I need to put, into A2, the name of the person who has donated the most money to my charity fund. What I currently need to do is have a fluctuating chart that constantly changes as I change the data. What I am looking for, is somthing like this Find the MAX(G:G) From that value, determine the row which it is in. From that specific row, retrieve the value from column A in there I am trying to do something like... A3 Formula: Column A of ROW(MAX(G:G)) Of course we all know that doesnt work, w...