Search Multiple Worksheets #2

Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value?
Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before.  If
anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform
that can search multiple worksheets.

Thank You
0
jtinne (33)

There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of
the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the
menu.  Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of
that value.  Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for
reference or ???, then there are several functions in Excel that will allow
for this.  Such as but not limited to VLookup, HLookup, Index, Match, etc.

doco

"jtinne" <jtinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value?
> Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before.
> If
> anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to
> perform
> that can search multiple worksheets.
>
> Thank You

0
perdedor (32)
2/3/2005 6:47:45 PM
I'm needing to be able to perform this using a formula.  Vlookup,hlookup, etc
do not allow you to search through multiple worksheets.

"doco" wrote:

> There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of
> the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the
> menu.  Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of
> that value.  Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for
> reference or ???, then there are several functions in Excel that will allow
> for this.  Such as but not limited to VLookup, HLookup, Index, Match, etc.
>
> doco
>
> "jtinne" <jtinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value?
> > Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before.
> > If
> > anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to
> > perform
> > that can search multiple worksheets.
> >
> > Thank You

0
jtinne (33)
2/3/2005 7:05:01 PM
jtinne wrote:
> I'm needing to be able to perform this using a formula.  Vlookup,hlookup, etc
> do not allow you to search through multiple worksheets.
>
> "doco" wrote:
>

>>There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of
>>the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the
>>menu.  Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of
>>that value.  Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for
>>reference or ???, then there are several functions in Excel that will allow
>>for this.  Such as but not limited to VLookup, HLookup, Index, Match, etc.
>>
>>doco
>>
>>"jtinne" <jtinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value?
>>>Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before.
>>>If
>>>anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to
>>>perform
>>>that can search multiple worksheets.
>>>
>>>Thank You

You could POSSIBLY use something like
"IF(VLOOKUP(Sheet1)=x,VLOOKUP(sheet2)) but you can only have an either
or in an IF statement and to nest many of those would get VERY complicated.

Can you not copy all the data onto one sheet?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

"Gordon" wrote:

> jtinne wrote:
> > I'm needing to be able to perform this using a formula.  Vlookup,hlookup, etc
> > do not allow you to search through multiple worksheets.
> >
> > "doco" wrote:
> >

> >>There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of
> >>the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the
> >>menu.  Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of
> >>that value.  Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for
> >>reference or ???, then there are several functions in Excel that will allow
> >>for this.  Such as but not limited to VLookup, HLookup, Index, Match, etc.
> >>
> >>doco
> >>
> >>"jtinne" <jtinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> You could POSSIBLY use something like
> "IF(VLOOKUP(Sheet1)=x,VLOOKUP(sheet2)) but you can only have an either
> or in an IF statement and to nest many of those would get VERY complicated.
>
> Can you not copy all the data onto one sheet?
>
> --
> Registered Linux User no 240308
> Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
> counting!)
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> to email me remove the obvious!

0
jtinne (33)

Sharing a Workbook #2
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I designed a finance matri for the company I work for so that the phone reps are able to decid whether or not an applicant qualifies for a credit card. The spreadsheet has a bunch of macros, drop down lists, and such. I is important that I track every 'set' of information that is keyed in. Right now, I have a button called "Submit" and it takes the info tha was keyed in, and stores it in another 'hidden' sheet in the workbook. I have 20 copies of the workbook, one for each employee. The proble arises when I need to make...

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

Trendline values #2
I used the function "LOGEST" to get an exponential fit of a series of numbers, which gives me a value of 1.0610. I also used "RSQ" function to get the R-square, which is 0.9442. Then I made a chart based on the same series of numbers and add trendline to the curve. I selected "Exponential" under "Type" and checked "Display equation on chart" and "Display R-Squared value on chart". The value shown on the chart is "y=3928.8e^0.0592x" and "R^2=0.9104". I expected to see "y=3928.8e^0.0610x" and "R^...

Outlook 2003 email #2
i am new to the outlook software; currently beginning to use outlook 2003. i am receiving duplicate emails in my in-box; including all the emails i imported from my web based email, yahoo. how do i fix this problem? many thanks for any and every ones helpful guidance. happy new year, technot -- "the world will not solve it''s current problems with like-minded thinking." -Albert Einstein Not a techie here but I have had the same problem. I think that your Outlook profile is corrupt. You can create a new one and import the messages again from your backup. To create a ...

MS Money 2003 #2
I am trying to load MS Money on my PC running Win 2000. All I get is a menu bar that is minimized in the bottom of my screen. Nothing else. I have close virus check and zonealarm, but I can't get the software to install. ...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

2 year Lifespan?---
I understand that MSMoney has some sort of built in lifespan of 2 years. What stops working after this date? Do I just buy the next version or is there a way round this? It is mainly the stuff related to online working which stops working, ie quote downloads and bank imports. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email r...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

XML TreeNode.Parent property when using 2.0 TreeView?
How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView control? When the data source is an XML file there may be redundant names in the tree. For example, when a child node with the value of 'name' is selected I don't have a clue how to get the name of its parent which may be 'person' or 'school.' <%= Clinton Gallagher "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote in message news:%23erL6WOXFHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView > control? &...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

SQL Server Timeout Error when searching for KB-Articles
Hello Community, i got an "SQL Server Timeout expired" Error when searching for KB-Articles in either the Webclient or Outlook. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 SQL 2005 + SP2 CRM 3.0 inkl. Update Rollup 1 Hey Mark, just a thought, as I'm going through some things with NTEXT fields and having issues in cirtain cases. Is it possible that some of the knowlege base articles have "Copy/Pasted" text from another application into the KB article? I've noticed on a few occasions with the NTEXT fields of notes and history/activities that when people are copy...

Keyboard shortcut for worksheet tabs
My workbook in Excel 2007 contains 50 worksheets. How do I go about shifting from one worksheet to another using the keyboards buttons, What is the keyboard shortcut for that? Thank you. Zainuddin Try: ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn Salza wrote: > > My workbook in Excel 2007 contains 50 worksheets. How do I go about > shifting from one worksheet to another using the keyboards buttons, > What is the keyboard shortcut for that? > > Thank you. > > Zainuddin -- Dave Peterson Hi Salza Try Ctrl>Page Up and Page down HTH John "Salza&quo...

COUNTIF query #2
Hey all Hopefully a nice easy one.... We have a logging system, and the spreadsheet basically has the person name doing a call, what the call is and how long it took. This is use all day so loads of calls get logged by various people. Say column A is Persons name and Column B is time spent. I need calulation that checks how much time 'person 1', 'person 2', 'person 3 etc has spent on calls during the day and add's it all up. Please can someone show me how to do this, i have tried a COUNTIF bu cant quite get it to work. Many thanks in advance. Darren (digital_life...

Link Error #2
I was able to use CL.exe to compile and link .cpp or .c file in a command line. But all in a sudden, I can not do this any more, as I always got such an error message: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' I didn't do complicated compiling. e.g. I even tested with the "hello word" thing. cl hello.c where hello.c is just this: #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello world!\n"); } But again, this LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents' happens too! It seems something wrong with the path that CL....

Restoring and backup of Business Portal 2.5 feature pack
how can i backup and restore my business portal site(2.5 feature pack). The objective is to move it to a different location. I have tried using stsadm.exe tool but it is not successfull. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Delegate multiple calendars for Manager
Question Hi - I need to delegate the calendars for 12 department members to my manager. Is there any way to do this, other than on a user-by-user basis? Thank you Hi, You can set calendar permissions using pfdavadmin (can be found on MS web). Leif "TheITDude" <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D276128F-1639-4AA9-9B05-5ABB1663433A@microsoft.com... > Question > Hi - I need to delegate the calendars for 12 department members to my > manager. Is there any way to do this, other than on a user-by-user basis? > > Thank you ...

Installing Money 2007 #2
I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use Money 2007. Everytime I try to install, I get a message telling me that I need the latest version or the Service Pack. Can someone tell me what I need to get this Deluxe installed. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, JMacon wrote: >I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do >I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use >Money 2007. Everytime I try to inst...

Calendar Appointments #2
I enter a new appointment and nothing shows up on the screen. Anything I add to try to schedule anything doesnt show up.. just a blank calendar. This is Outlook 2003. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Prefill Multiple Macro Buttons
I created a template and created multiple macro buttons where the user can click and type the appropriate information. There are several macro buttons that are the same and the user would have to key the information in several times. For example: [Click and type company name]. Is there a way to have the user type the company name once in that macro buttun and it prefills all the macro buttons that have [Click and type company name]? Thanks! Jlo See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><...

Lost File #2
I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another person but they are not. Can anyone help >-----Original Message----- >I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am >aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access >any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another >person but they are not. > >Can anyon...

Restore Issue #2
Hello All: Having a problem restoring a database backed up with NT backup. The error I keep getting is: Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is a12b3cfb-292f-41b7-aa41-7391f464400d. Database specified on backup media is Mailbox Store3 (EXCH-1), error is 0xc7fe1f42. The backup media is obviously seeing the name incorrectly. How can i correct this. Thanks What should the db name be? Have you tested backups before because the backup may be corrupt. Nue "JS" <no@none.com> wrote in...

Exchange 2007 and multiple domains
Need some help with Exchange 2007 and multiple domains... If you run Exchange 2007 and host multiple domains and having problems with OOF (http://www.pro-exchange.eu/modules.php?$1&name=News&file=article&sid=686) Is implementing a UC (SAN) Certificate in Exchange the only sollution? (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997633.aspx) ...

Excel Conditional Formula Problem #2
undefined::undefined::undefined My e-mail address is retrofit03@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help -- wilson3141 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wilson31416's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27686 ...

lookup with 2 criteria #2
=INDEX(Gaps!$C$9:$C$2103,MATCH(1,(Gaps!$A$9:$A$2103=A2)*(Gaps!$D$9:$D$2103=F2),0)) works great for getting me the correct acct #. Thank you again Frank! But now I need to take it a step further... The data that I'm working with will eventually be imported into another database program where we already have some of this data. We do not want duplicate data so I need to delete out what has already been input to the database. On my main sheet, cell P2 contains the month # for that invoice. On Gaps page my columns look like this: A B C D E F G H I Site Fuel Acct Meter Feb'04 ...

Capturing Keyboard Input #2
I need to capture keyboard input when the focus is set to a CCombobox control. What's the best approach to doing this? Are there any online examples of doing this? Thanks! ...