Search and Replace, or Add New Row

I am using Excel 2003.

Worksheet1 contains columns
	(A) Invoice
	(B) Name
	(C) Address
	(D) P.O.# ... and others.

I need to perform a search of column A using an invoice number and if it IS
FOUND, then replace the entire row with new data.

If the invoice number IS NOT FOUND, then I need to add a new row.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Check your other post..

"GEdwards" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2003.
>
> Worksheet1 contains columns
> 	(A) Invoice
> 	(B) Name
> 	(C) Address
> 	(D) P.O.# ... and others.
>
> I need to perform a search of column A using an invoice number and if it IS
> FOUND, then replace the entire row with new data.
>
> If the invoice number IS NOT FOUND, then I need to add a new row.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this?

How do you add text after a formula?
I'm working on creating a report. At the top of each section is a mont that I type in. At the bottom I want a cell to display that month an also add the word "Total". So for example I have May listed in Cell B3 I now want "May Total" to be listed in cell B36. I know if I want it t display just "May" I'd enter =B3 but how do I make it add the Tota part? Thanks in advance for any help -- Wease ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2720 Vie...

Error when add new user #4
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Click and Add new order year to all customers?
I have a main form with customer info. A subform below has a yearly record of the progression of the order. I would like to click a button and instantly add a new year record for each customer. I currently have it set up that the user has to look up each customer individually and go down to the subform click the combo and select order year. How can I do this with one click instead? Thanks Dustin Execute an append query statement to add the records. This example adds a record to tblOrderInfo for each customer in your tblCustomer table, using the year of today's date: Dim strSql ...

Custom Functions in an Add-in
I work in an office using Excel 2007 and we have created a few custom functions and saved them as an add in within Excel (i.e. with extension .xla). The custom functions work fine, but we would like to have them available to all users on our local network. We currently do this by having local copies of the .xla file on each machine, however the .xla file is often updated and it is a pain making sure everyone is running the most up to date version. I have tried pointing each users' Excel at a single version of the .xla file on our server, but this slows Excel down significantly on loadin...

Pls recommend a replacement for Microsoft Query
Hello: could anyone recommend a third-party solution to query sql server database from Excel, a replacement for the stinking Microsoft Query? thanks, Vadim Rapp Vadim I don't have a suggestion, but is there anything specific you can't do with the sql/msquery combo? I've not used sql, but regularly use Client access with AS400 and Access. Mostly flawlessly. I tend however to write the query in the server tool, rather than try and query in MSQuery -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vadim Rapp"...

How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells
How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... =A1&".gif" "Wanda_pb" <Wanda_pb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D20A2D9-3BFF-4BA2-A85D-7F5FD229A62A@microsoft.com... > How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to > repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned there were "/" also in the text. When I did your sugge...

Add ins Tabs
Hi.Can anyone teach me how to put menu commands in the add-ins tabs and how to lock design view.Hope you can teach me.Thank you. ...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! ...

notification when new mail arrive if outlook is not active
Is there possibility to have notification when new mail arrive, even outlook is not open >-----Original Message----- >Is there possibility to have notification when new mail >arrive, even outlook is not open >. > To set up a notification, go to Tools --> Options --> Email Options and check the box 'Display a notification message when new email arrives'. This can only work if Outlook is open. I now that but I need notification if Outlook is not started!!! >-----Original Message----- > >>-----Original Message----- >>Is there possibility...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

New 75GB Database limit not recognized
I installed Exchange 2003 sp2 a few months ago. I upped the limit to 75GB. Our database was at 20GB and life was fine. A few days ago, Symantec Mail Security broke. I had to uninstall and re-install. Now, the 1216 message in the event log says my limit is 18GB and it dismounts my store every 48 hours or so. The registry changes haven't changed. What gives? Have you tried to reapply Exchange Service Pack 2? Chris <google@dwightrjohnson.com> wrote in message news:1158764967.787848.326410@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I installed Exchange 2003 sp2 a few months ago. > I u...

Showing Duplicate Rows
Hi All, I have seen the question with that same title however that is not exactly "showing" duplicates. It is more showing unique (not duplicate) I would like to truly show the duplicates. For instance there are several duplicate product numbers that are in my sheet and I want to display all the duplicates so that I can make corrections. IE: Item number 31323 31324 31325 31326 31326 31327 31328 31328 31329 31330 31331 How can I filter so that excel will only show those rows that have duplicate Item numbers? Thanks Eagle Use data>filter>autofilter>filter by column...

'07 Large Operation Error (Delete / Insert Rows and/or Columns)
Help! I was so excited to have '07 until... I have a very simple worksheet in a work book - This very simple worksheet takes up 78 rows and 16 columns. Minimals formats / formulas etc. I would like to insert additional rows but I get the error message which says "Large Operation. The operation you are about to perform affects a large # of cells and may take a significant amount of time to complete. Are you sure you want to continue? Note: This operation will be performed in 60 seconds if no response is received". I have tried to select "OK" as well a...

Search results
Search in this forum keeps saying no results. Do i need to do something. Thank -- proje ----------------------------------------------------------------------- projem's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=7 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-131404 Yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, projem asked: | Search in this forum keeps saying no results....

increase total rows
Hi, can someone show me how to increase the maximum number of rows, more than 65,536? thanks Stan I presume you have Excel 2007? Open your .xls file in Excel 2007, save the file as an Excel 2007 file type (.xlsw, .xlsx, etc) using File Save As. Close the file and reopen it you should now have 2007's 1M+ rows available. "Stan" wrote: > Hi, > can someone show me how to increase the maximum number of rows, more than > 65,536? > thanks > Stan Thanks!!! "JLatham" wrote: > I presume you have Excel 2007? > > Open ...

"No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook"
I have an annoying problem that apparently has to do with the number of charts in my workbook. I am using Excel 2002 SP-1. I have a workbook that consists of 7 worksheets and is only 589 KB but I have a large number of charts. As I developed this workbook and the number of charts started to increase I started to get the error message, "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook" even though I was not adding any new fonts. This usually happened when I tried to change the chart title. I would just click through several of these messages and everything would be OK. Now I cannot...

How do I insert a row of blank cells?
I need to know how to insert a row of blank cells every other row in the columns from F to I ONLY!!! I currently have just a straight set of data in those columns like data-data-data-data-data-data. I need to have it alternate data-blankrow-data-blankrow-data-blankrow- as I go down from row to row. I need to do this for about 1000 rows so I need a quick way to do it if there is one. HELP!!! Looks like this: Data Data Data Data I want this: Data Data Data Data Thanks. Chris -open the VB editor -double click the sheet of interest -View from the menu--> Code -Paste the belo...

email by rows
hello All: I'm looking for a macro that will go down a sheet and look for th email address and mail every thing in that row to *ONLY* that person n matter if it has 10 columns or 20 columns I have a sheet set up lik this Employee Name LAB Degree Section E-Mail Address paper1 paper2 paper3 I will be adding more columns as the year goes on that is why it nee to be able to send different size rows. Any help would be appreciated Dal -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi DaleL Which mail program do you use -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "D...

Search ALL Mail folders
(Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). When I type a word in the "Look for:" box, click "All Mail folders" in the "Search in" drop-down list and click "Find Now", the results appear in a list labelled "Inbox". (This leads me believe that only the "Inbox" folder is being searched). How do I see the results from ALL folders? Searching the Inbox folder includes all subfolders if you have specified they are included. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ve...

Money won't update w/ bank's new sign in screens
I have accounts at two banks and was trying to set them up in Money 2006 to download automatically because they are both setup in the system. Accounts at one bank works just fine as expected. This bank has a normal signin process where I just log on with my username and passwords and that's it. The other bank, on their own website, has a 2 page login procedure with the picture verification thing so I know I'm on the right site. Money can't log in to this bank to get my account information. Does Money not support this type of new login procedures or something? Do I need ...

IE8
I just updated to IE8 (as IE7 was giving me some trouble) but when I right-click a link there is no option avaliable to "open link in new tab". Help ? I have tried reregistering one of the registry files that some forums say is behind the reason for this problem, but to no avail. However, I think it might be a compatability issue somewhere, as when I turn off add-ons the option reappears. Any suggestions as to what to do ? As manually trying each add-on is going to take forever ! This is really annoying me, as I use the new tabs option all the time whilst work...

Unable to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox
I am trying to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox. I am logged into a Windows2000 Server as Administrator using Exchange Server 5.5 If I try to add an alternate recipient, I get the message: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS HELP PLEASE!!! ...

New Ethnicity Classifications
Hello: As of 01/01/07, the federal government will be issuing new ethnic classifications. Basically, there will be more ethnic classicfications than what is currently seen in Great Plains Human Resources in the Employee Additional Information Maintenance window for the Ethnic Origin field. Does anyone know if Microsoft will be coming out with an update that lists these additional classifications? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

New Mailbox Can't Receive External Mail
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The new user can send and receive internal mail OK and can send external mails also using Outlook 2003. The issue is that he is not receiving mails from external sources although we can tell that they are being sent as we can pick them up from our ISP. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance Pls cancel outlook...