Seam-Excel error when exporting file

When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file
name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table
without saving and re-naming the file.  How can I get my file to not export
with that file name?  Is it a security setting?

Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone.

I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are
exporting.

Can you post a URL?

I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, falloutgirl
<falloutgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file
>name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table
>without saving and re-naming the file.  How can I get my file to not export
>with that file name?  Is it a security setting?

0
Gord

VBA
Hi! I have a template where I have allowed users to insert rows. I use the following code: Range("a52").Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert Rows("53:53").Copy Rows("52:52").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False Range("a2").Select However, when the user closes the file - there is a huge amt of data on the clip board and I do not want the user to get the message - is there a way for me to clear the information on the clip board? Also what does "Applica...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Excel not Access