Scrolling Text Box Within Worksheet From Another

Hi!

I'm creating a spreadsheet which is designed to enter
updated comments against a customer account for the use by
sales people - basically a poor mans CRM system! What I'd
like to do is insert some sort of scrollable text screen
within a worksheet that links to a raw data worksheet in
the same spreadsheet. A little bit like this message box
that we type in while posting a message, but pulling back
information based on a specific condition like show me all
the comments on customer x that have been entered
previously. I'd GREATLY appreciate any advise!

Nathan,

I'm not sure I have the gist of your question.  It will probably require a
UserForm or text box control and some vba code to gather the information
(comments), display it, and tuck it away when done.

Another option is a nice wide column, with text wrap (Format - Cells -
Alignment), into which you add/edit comments.  You can hide that column
(perhaps via a macro under control of a button) when you don't want it
taking up space.  It may have to turn off the Wrap Text property too, when
hidden.

Not knowing how your data is organized, I don't know if I'm on Mars with
these ideas or not.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

EarlK

"Nathan" <nathan.horrigan@ncr.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I'm creating a spreadsheet which is designed to enter
> updated comments against a customer account for the use by
> sales people - basically a poor mans CRM system! What I'd
> like to do is insert some sort of scrollable text screen
> within a worksheet that links to a raw data worksheet in
> the same spreadsheet. A little bit like this message box
> that we type in while posting a message, but pulling back
> information based on a specific condition like show me all
> the comments on customer x that have been entered
> previously. I'd GREATLY appreciate any advise!

0
EarlK

Superscripts in referenced text objects
Dear, Several days ago a question appeared in this NG on the superscripts in referenced text objects. The answers correctly recommended looking for sub-/superscript font sets. What does it mean? Optimally such a font set should contain at least all the 34 alphanumeric characters within the second 128 ANSI locations as both kinds of those scripts. Has anybody ever come across such a product? I succeeded several months ago, after the recommendation of Bernard Liengme, in adopting Chemistry fonts (“Chemistry SansSherif” and “Chemistry Sherif”). They offer unfortunately only numerals in wa...

Search file and within the file
Hi, I have several files in a folder most of them are CVs in word format, I want to create a query or access program to get the subject with some criteria - any ideas? If I search for a particular Text, that should check and matching file name and also inside the word file. I tried google desktop search, coppernic search and even the MS Search - but nothing helped in a way I want. I appreciate your valuable time. Rgds Anver, To develop a bespoke Access application will take much effort and involve using Windows APIs. I suggest you don't want to do this. Instead consider upgrad...

SENDOBJECT
I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is working great. I recently got a request from management to send email on behalf of another user, say sales@anycompany.com I know how to do this from within Outlook using the Delegate option in Exchange, The question is: How do I send email using the FROM option that outlook uses in the SendObject ? I would appreciate any information or workaround. thank you. LA lalexander wrote: > I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is > working great. > > I ...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Report generated from text box fields
hello. i have a 3 column report. The 3 products compared on the report are assigned when the report opens and asks the user for the ID.. is there are way to create 3 unbound text fields and have the report compare the IDs of the products listed in the text box.. i have done something similar that searches based on what was entered in a text box, but wasnt sure how to have the report pick up three different text boxes.... this is an example of what i have in another application that opens up a query Like "*" & [forms]![SEARCHMENU]![text37] & "*" -- Message po...

Counting specific test in a column in another worksheet that fall between entered dates
Hi, I'm trying to count the amount of times a txt string appears associated with a date on a different worksheet between two separately entered dates on the sheet were the calculation is being performed. Im using this formula but it only returns the 'value if false' even-though the logical test result is true i.e Derbyshire has been entered into the sheet on the 09/09/09 : =IF(('Tests 1'!$D:$D="Derbyshire"),(COUNTIF('Tests 1'!A:A,">="&$N$22)-COUNTIF('Tests 1'!A:A,">"&$O$22)),"") Thanks for any in...

Cash Drawer locked by another application
Hi everyone, I have a MMF cash drawer connected to an Epson TM-T88IV running on RMS 2.0. I've configured the OPOS for both the cash drawer and the receipt printer. Receipt printer works fine, but I can't open the cash drawer. I'm getting error 913: application is locked by another application. Could someone shed some light on how to resolve this issue? Thank you. We've had similar experience ... try powering off everything (PC included) and powering back on. This should kill the application that has locked the drawer. "MB" wrote: > Hi everyone, > ...

Black box when printing embedded chart to XPS
On a machine with Excel 2007 installed, open WordPad. Insert -> Object. Choose "Microsoft Office Excel Chart". A generic looking chart gets inserted into the document. Print it to a printer, and it prints fine (at least for me). Print it to the XPS printer (or PDF printer) and you get a black box where the chart is supposed to be. This is causing havok on a program I maintain that uses embedded excel charts. I thought it was a problem in my program, but now I've replicated it only using WordPad, Excel 2007, and the Microsoft XPS printer. ...

ComboBox.Text gets reset between event calls
I am trying to make a ComboBox that will AutoResize to the text being displayed. The steps I take are: OnTextChanged(EventArgs e) { base.OnTextChanged(e); ResizeTextBox(); } private void ResizeTextBox() { Graphics CurrentGraphics; int StringWidth; int MinWidth; int MaxWidth; int MyWidth; string thisText; Font thisFont; SizeF thisSizeF; Size thisSize; CurrentGraphics = this.CreateGraphics(); thisText = this.Text; this...

How do I enter a time formula into a worksheet that determines if.
How do I, set about entering a formula within a worksheet that determines if the Time is greater or less that the time in a certian cell; eg =if(now()>K17,"then display this","") K17 holding the Value 08:30 AM formated to time =IF(MOD(NOW(),1)>K17,"then display this","") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How do I, set about entering a formula within a worksheet that determines if >the Time is greater or less that the time in a certian cell; >eg =if(now()>K17,"then display this","") ...

Another Edit Question
I have a form where, at first glance, only 1 field in automatically editable.. What I want is a button that releases all fields to editable mode. If anyone can help I sure appreciate it. Thanks in Advance! What I typically do is to use the controls' TAG property to be able to identify in code those fields I want to lock. I use something like LOCK in that tag and put that in the tag of each control I want to be able to lock and unlock. Then I use this to lock them (usually on the form's On Current event so it starts off locked): Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Contro...

Hyperlink to hidden worksheet
I have a spreadsheet with many tabs, and am trying to keep things simple for the end users. Is there a way to hyperlink to or create a button w/macro that goes to a hidden worksheet? A hyperlink will not work on a hidden sheet. This code attached to a button shows the sheet "Salaries"... '-- Sub LetsSeeIt() Worksheets("Salaries").Visible = True End Sub '-- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "JoeleneW" <JoeleneW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message... I have a spreadsheet with many tabs, an...

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

using data from another cell
I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another cell locate in the same row where. Can some one help me? Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows: Name is typed in: A1 List of names and values in: C1:D10 =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE) "leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiO5fCTWDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different > column) if the same name is there, and if it is t...

convert text to predefined number in single column
Hi all, Greeting to all of you out there! I am a newbie to this forum and now I have a question here. I have a worksheet which contains thousands of records. Within a particular column (column "N") there are single character in the cells throughout the records (eg. "M", "S"). My question is how can I convert from "M" to "1" and "S" to "2" using formula? Kindly advise. Thanks and best regards. Eric --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a help column, =LOOKUP(N1,{"M","S"},{1,2}...

Shifting my Office SB 2007 MLK OEM Software on another computer
Hello, I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM Software License. I want to format that PC because I have some OS issue. How can I De-Active that license? can I use that License key after format that PC? Thanks & Regards, Hitesh Prajapati "Hitehs Prajapati" <Hitehs Prajapati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0133EC1A-50F6-43CD-986A-71AD8E0320FB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM > Software License. > > I want...

Adding data from multiple cell and linking to a new worksheet
I have data in a sheet with names and amounts due. Like A 500 B 300 A 600 B 300 C 400 C 200 There is a second sheet named summary. I want the totals of each person to appear in the summary sheet. These should be linked cells and any change in data in sheet 1 should be updtaed automatically Create a PivotTable http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Rashmi" <Rashmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DC0F3A-8D60-4FE2-B778-3A07790EFE8A@microsoft.com... >I have data in a sheet wi...

Concatenated text and Leban's Rich Text Control
Greetings All, I was wondering if anyone has run across the problem I'm having with concatenating rtf control contents and line returns. I am using Steven Leban's rich text tool in Access 2007 (as Microsoft's integrated rich text control is pretty much useless if you need to manipulate its contents) (Steven's tool is excellent). I am trying to insert new text into the middle of a rich text field, after formating it as needed, however, I've noticed that the rich text box inserts a line return at the end of my inserted text. I have searched around and have read that rich t...

Can not copy a worksheet to another workbook
Hi, I am currently using Excel 2003, I have a 3.11mb file with about 20 worksheets, this file has been around much longer than I have. Every month I would copy 4 worksheets to another workbook. This month I am no longer able to do this, I right click the tab, and choose move or copy, and choose the workbook, and check create a copy, nothing will happen, it does not matter if I right click on the worksheet tab or use the Edit menu. It will let me move the worksheet, but it will not allow me to copy it. I got an error message on named ranges (saying they already exist) when I moved it...

faded text web address
I'm using Publisher and many reports contain web addresses. Since they are in the body of the text I don't wish for them to be faded. I can't make the font stay black. Any ideas? Yes, you need to go in and remove the hyperlink. Try putting the cursor in the address, right click, Hyperlink. Click on remove hyperlink. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Roberta" <Roberta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76FA25AC-7CF1-4F62-ACD6-C2617F413882@microsoft.com... > I'm using Publisher and many reports contain web addresses. Since t...

Comparing two worksheets
I need to compare two worksheets to derive the accurals of purchas orders and invoices. I can find the lines and copy them if they are actually in just one of the worksheest. My problem is that I am searching for invoice numbers whiere the same number can appear more than once on both worksheets and in some instances the invoice will only be partly paid so there is a difference in the values in the purchase order side caompared with the same invoice numbers in the Invoice side. I need to be able to capture the difference and put that difference into the accurals worksheet. I tire...

Count the number of worksheets in a workbook
Hello: Is there any function or other method to count the number of worksheets in a workbook? I have a workbook which includes dozens of worksheets (each for one client) and I would like to know the total number of clients. Thanks in advance! with VBA Function WSNum() WSNum = Activeworkbook.Worksheets.Count End Function -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Vincdc" <Vincdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA1A3F0D-947F-44B7-B5A0-B28671216EC9@microsoft.com... > Hello: > Is there any function or other method to co...

how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign?
how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? It;s beyond me why anyone would want this (if I received a workbook I would turn it off immediately) http://snipurl.com/cpo7 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mbives2" wrote: > how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? You might try an OnTime event procedure. The procedure would run periodically and ,on alternate executions, set the text font color to either a visible color or the same color as the cell background. This would make the text appear to flash. -- Gary's Student "Peo Sjoblom&qu...

Using text to colums, but need to keep decimals
I have a column of prices that I need to split into two columns, but need to keep the decimal and leading zeros if applicable , fo example: 102.46558 99.054 when split needs to be 102 .46558 99 .054 there will only be two or three digits in front of the decimal, bu those ater it will vary. This will save me two days of work if I can get this done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohagany, Assuming your prices are in A1 down, in B1 enter =Trunc(A1) and in C1 enter = A1 - B1 Drag the cells B1 and C1 down as far as you need. --- Regards,...