Scroll Lock mode locked + SCRL blinking

When opening Excel XP, it is in Scroll Lock mode and 'SCRL'
is blinking rapidly at the bottom right of the screen.
I have not been able to turn off the Scroll Lock mode.
This is a notebook Compaq EVO N800c.
I have tried Fn+F12 with no success.
Rebooting does not change the situation.

Richard Nault
0
rnfc (1)

Slow Corporate Mode Outlook Outbox, OWA and IMAP is OK
Hey guys, I've been puzzling over this one for a few days now, hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. I have an Exchange 2000 server running on a Standard Windows 2000 Server. Last week, all of a sudden, messages being sent using Outlook in Corporate mode would delay messages from being delivered from the Outbox. The average delay, from what I have witnessed, is between 2-3 minutes (external and internal). ** Messages sent using OWA work as usual, and messages sent using Outlook Express set to IMAP work as usual ** From the SMTP logs, I can see that the communication wi...

Opening and Reading the locked files #2
Hi I need to backup some of the exclusive locked files. I have tried many ways to call CreateFile but it fails either by giving sharing violation or Access Denied. I have backup and restore privilege. What flags shall I CreateFile to open the locked File for backup In the below code I can atleast open the file but any changes to it are denied. HANDLE hfile = CreateFile(strFilename, READ_CONTROL, 0, 0,OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS, 0 ); Now this open's the file but ReadFile and BackupRead Fails. ReadFIles fails with exception CreateFile Failed : Access Denied. But I have a v...

remote desktop connect
One desktop in an office of 10 locks up when you attempt to connect to it using the remote connect from another desktop or connect via terminal services from the server. As soon as you attempt to connect, this desktop locks up. You have to do a hard reset with the power button. The Terminal services client is running. The user is set up to connect remotely. (sys admin has the same result) Firewall is set up for terminal services, If you turn off the firewall, same thing. Computer does return a ping OK . Got any ideas. I'm at the customers site tonight. Can't work on ...

How do I lock all cells in Excel except 2 which I need unlocked?
Alex, By default all cells in excel are protected or locked, select the cells you want to unlock and go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, the go to tools, protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if you want, now only the cells that you unlocked can be edited. Be aware that this protection is very easy to break, the code to do so can be found very easy, but it will work for most people . If you only need a few locked I would select them all first, Ctrl A, then go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then select the cells you want to lock and go ...

Lock first column and title row in Excel sheet by code
Hi all, my VB6 program creates every morning an Excel workbook with 1 sheet. The actual product and weight for 57 storage tanks is written into this sheet. During the day, if the product changes, a new line is added to the sheet. The next morning the final amount for each tank is written into a column, the workbook closed and a new workbook created for this day. That works great, but now the customer wants the title row and first column fixed (non-scrollable) by my program when it creates the sheet. I know he could easily do this manually, but... I searched but couldn't find ...

Listbox scrolling with the mouse
I'm using a clistctrl with in-place editing. The examples I have found on internet is using a CComboBox when a combo is needed for in-place editing. I have however found another combobox that looks a lot better and is really easy to configure so it behaves the way you want at http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/propertylistctrl.asp. It's called InPlaceComboBoxImp. The CInPlaceComboBoxImp class is derived from CWnd and in its ::OnCreate() function it creates an editbox, a button and a listbox. The problems starts when there is many items in the listbox so you have to scroll. Sc...

Lock batch while processing
Is there a way (GP 7.5 / SQL 2000) to lock a batch while processing the orders to invoices ? Also - to keep the batch locked until the invoices post ? We have several sales people that will log in to orders, and the transfer process will stop. Is there a way to prevent this ? ...

How to Blink a cell in Excel if negative or red colour
Is it possible to make cells that become negative on calculation or red in colour to Blink. I have a summary sheet that totals calculates from several others. The cells turn negative and red when calculating a deficit. I would also like them to blink Please advise in not to tech terms how I may achieve this. Many thanks garyB Gary, search for Blinking cells there are lots of posts on this topic -- greg746 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=903 View this threa...

The tilt-wheel on my Intellimouse horizontally scroll worksheets.
In previous versions of Excel, I could use the side-to-side tilt-wheel on my Intellimouse to horizontally scroll through Excel worksheets. However, upon installing Excel 2007, this functionality is no longer present. I miss my side-scrolling. Is there any way to get it back? Hi Tim, Maybe Start>Settings>Control Panel>Mouse>Scrolling Tab and check Enable horizontal scrolling with tilt wheel. Depending on your setup it might be slightly different but the basics should be similar. Those instructions are for a Microsoft wireless laser mouse on an XP Home OS HTH Martin "T...

VBA for setting max value in scroll bars on charts?
I have 20 dynamic charts with scroll bars and I want to avoid manually adjusting the maximum value each month on the 20 scroll bars. Is there some VBA I could use to do this? Thank you! Don't know if it will work in this case, but a good place to start is with the macro recorder. Turn it on (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), do whatever it is you want to do to one scrollbar by hand, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. Did XL generate the necessary code? If you are using the controls from the Forms toolbar, it did. If from the Control Toolbox, it probably didn&...

scroll lock
Hi Need a hand here Once in a while (to darn often) my SCROLL LOCK litght start blinking on the keyboard. It cause Excel to behave in queer ways Dowas anyone know how to cure this. AA reboot does cure it but that is not the preferred soluvtion Thanks Ian MM -- Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clean...believe it Hi just hit the SCROLL LOCK key again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "PCOR" <ianmacfa@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:b7OdnThZ1Nvhfy3cRVn-2g@rogers.com... > > Hi Need a hand here > Once in a while (to darn often) my SCRO...

scroll bars in excell
How do I get my vertical and horizontal scroll bars to return to what I would think is a simple excell spreadsheet. Am running windows xp. Cannot appear to find a drop down tool to assist. Have to arrow up/dn and sideways to move around sheet. "Tools", "Options", "View Tab - Window Options", "Display Hz Scrollbar/Vert Scrollbar" Mark. "pierre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bc3a01c3b964$ef9edd60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get my vertical and horizontal scroll bars to > return to what I would th...

Difficulty Setting Up Excel Chart With Scroll Capabilities
I am trying to set up an excel graph that will let me scroll through a large amount of values. I want to be able to set my range as something like A1:H501 and actually have data all the way to Row 65000. What I want to do is then have a scroll bar be manually moved and the chart update according to the new area I want charted. The Code Below is what I have tried and I keep getting errors. Any help would be appreciated. I am grabbing data from an Programmable Logic Controller and the data is spread over a 2 hour period, so I want to be able to scroll through the data. Dim LowerBound...

Is there an add-in that will lock the cells like later versions of Excel?
I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I could do that. Marc Hi Marc, Can you be more specific about what you want and don't want. "Marc" <mcnr(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:QThPf.1161$sL2.501@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't > lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I > could do that. > > Marc > > ...

How to make Word Art Blink

locks in spell check
My outlook 2k IMO is suddenly locking in spell check. Any fixes Thanks CR ...

Internet update locks up Money 2004
Haven't been having any problems with money outside of the usual problems that are already well known in this forum, but today I click "Internet Update" and nothing. The call progress indicator opens, shows no indication of the step in progress (such as "Downloading quotes") but the progress indicator shows it is scanning however my status indicator in the task bar shows little if any activity of data being sent and received. After about 8 seconds Microsoft Money 2004 is locked up. I have to shutdown the application via Windows Task Manger. Wasn'...

locking the first column of a Clistctrl
Does anyone know how i can lock the first column of a clistctrl so that it will be visible even if i scroll horizontally. Ive looked into having 2 clistctrl's where the first one shows just the first column. My preference though is to have 1 ClistCtrl. I do not want to use a different type of control as i have a lot of additional features in my CListCtrl and do not want to have to reincorporate them into a new control. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Andy ...

Is it possible to do spellcheck in partially-locked excel documen.
I have created a form in excel where part of it is locked to be altered. The cells that people can input their information into I want them to be able to use spellcheck. Is this possible and if so how? I am using Office XP. Could you provide a macro that would unprotect the sheet, run spell check, then reprotect the sheet? kchambers wrote: > > I have created a form in excel where part of it is locked to be altered. The > cells that people can input their information into I want them to be able to > use spellcheck. Is this possible and if so how? > > I am using Of...

Can a text box on a chart be locked to an X-Y coordinate location on the chart?
I would like a text box to remain at a particlar location on a chart in terms of the scale of the chart. So, if new data causes the X-axis or Y-axis to rescale, the text box remains at the same X-Y coordinate. This does not seem to be the default behavior, and i cannot find a way to accomplish it. Please let me know if there is a way. Much thanks! You could always try recalculating what the new position should be from the max and min values of the axes and then setting top and left parameters of your text box accordingly. -- mrice Research Scientist with many years of spreadsh...

How to disable the Scroll Wheel advance to next record feature?
I recalling seeing somewhere there was a way to prevent the scroll wheel from advancing to the next record when used. Can anyone tell me where that information is? I have a couple of forms that use multiple records and I want to be able to go to the next record by pressing the navigation buttons, or searching. However, it is too easy to overwrite the wrong record when the scroll wheel changes records. It is fine for scrolling within a memo field or a table view, but when it comes to changing records in form view one can change to a different record and not even know it, then make ch...

Stuck in Select Mode
I have Office 2000 installed with Windows 2000. Opening an Excel file, I occassionally run into a situation where the "cell select" function gets "stuck" as if I were holding the left mouse button down. As I run the mouse along the pad in any direction, the result is to select additional cells on the spread sheet. No other entries are possible. "Escape" doesn't work, and clicking the mouse buttons has no effect. The only way out is to reboot the computer. I've tried replacing the mouse with no effect. What could be going wrong? My tech suppo...

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

lock out
I have a shared Excel sheet and I keep on getting a message when I open it, Unexpected lock out do you want to override, then I get a message that your file was saved to a temporary file. ...

Word 2007 application error--doc locked
Hi, I can no longer work in Word 2007. I get an error msg that reads something like 'modification is not allowed..." I have read all the comments, and have determined that I probably have not yet activated the software. I did buy a MS Ofc Suite when I purchased a (supposedly) new laptop, and therefore do have a product key #. However, I cannot activate the software because the buttons in it are all locked. I attempted to open other programs, such as Excel, but it's locked also. I should add that my computer crashed (the ostensibly brand new one) last Dec and I...