Scroll Bars #2

How can I resize the vertical scroll bar to match the
active cells, having deleted all unwanted rows.

I foolishly wondered how many rows excel would create -
however I did stop at 33,000.

email me on johnrex@vodafone.net

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi

Have a look here:
to reset the used range.
If you go to Help and look for 'specifications' it'll tell you how many rows
you can have!! (65536)

--
Andy.

"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I resize the vertical scroll bar to match the
> active cells, having deleted all unwanted rows.
>
> I foolishly wondered how many rows excel would create -
> however I did stop at 33,000.
>
> email me on johnrex@vodafone.net

0
andyb1 (494)
5/10/2004 1:15:23 PM
Hi, John,

After deleting "extra" rows and columns, you must
then save the file for the shrinkage to take effect.
Your scrollbars will also then match.

BTW, Excel can hold about 65,000 (65,534?) rows and 256
columns.

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)

Is it possible to... #2
export 1 or more macros automaticlly tather manually? Thanks rpqc...@gmail.com wrote: > export 1 or more macros automaticlly rather then manually? Thanks ...

formatting #2
I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jackie wrote: > I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to > all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it > will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire > worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi Jackie If you have trouble using macros you can do this ...

Country Codes #2
I can't for the life of me find the GP menu item that maintains the codes. Can anyone point me to it? Open the Country Code Maintenance window. (Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Country Codes) The Country Code Maintenance window will be available only if you have marked to enable Intrastat tracking in the Company Setup Options window. See Help for more info -- Elisabeth "Ken Denman" wrote: > I can't for the life of me find the GP menu item that maintains the codes. > Can anyone point me to it? If you don't have Intrastat Tracking turned on ...

Can't open my money file #2
Good evening, From today i can't open my money file, i had formatted my pc and i reinstalled money as usual. Today when i open my money file after typing the correct password the program show a screen where it say "Money has detected that you did not close file xxx before exiting Money now needs to verify the information in your file. .... Do you want do this now?" I click yes and it say "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again" But i dont put nowhere any email address this is an old money file converted to new money 2008 un year ago i never ...

File Modified by Another User #2
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

Sliding navigation bar on right of word docs is missing?
How can I get the navigation bar to show on the right side of my word docs? It is hard to go from page to page by using the wheel when a document is 90 pages. Maybe the document window has been dragged so that it is wider than the screen and then positioned so that the scroll bar is off the screen. Click on the button to the left of the White X in the red background at the top right of the screen and see if that restores the scroll bar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug R...

RMS 2.0/Windows Permissions Error
Good Morning Everyone, I have a question for the group. I have a customer running RMS 2.0, pre SP2 on Windows XP. The customer is trying to lock down his cashiers from installing unauthorized software and other such abuses on the computers. Here is the problem. When locked down he is getting the error: "Server Failure 139: A server failure occurred while attempting to read the register." This error only happens as the POS and goes away when the user is added as a local administrator. I am fairly confident this is a problem with permissions regarding licensing or OPOS, bu...

two line bar graph
i have a two line bar graph. one of the graphs is just a straight line that shows .1 below the avg, so it changes as diff data is entered. i need the label to move with the line as the line moves up or down. the way i have it now is by just using the text box which doesnt move as the line moves. is there some way to tie the label in with the line movement? Remove the textbox, then add a data label to one of the endpoints of the line series. The data label will move with the point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/...

I need to auto insert names in outlook address bar
I have outlook. I would like to have the address inserted after I type a few letters. I know this features exists, but I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Please help. thanx for any assistance. think peace, max This feature only exists in Outlook 2002 and higher. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "max" <max@dis...

Macro to Protect workbook using a password #2
I know this would be a little unorthodox, but I currently have a macro that will unprotect a workbook including a password. The line is as follows: ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect (password) I also want a macro that will do just the opposite, including the password. Is this possible? I've tried the following with no luck. ActiveWorkbook.Protect (password), Structure:=True, Windows:=True You got two replies when to your identical post on Tuesday. If they weren't suitable, please explain why not. If you didn't see them, you can always see your posts and any replies using the Go...

Auto-scrolling string buffer
I need a control on my form that will automatically scroll as data is added to it. I have tried this with a CEdit control, but unfortunately any attempts to set the text sets the scroll position back to zero. I can then set the scroll position to the end, but this creates a terrible flickering effect since this control is updated several times per second. Is there any way around this with a CEdit control? Is there a better class / control for this? ---Michael Springer Use Setsel / Replace Sel on it via SendMessage or whatever interface (CEdit) you are using. Just select the last (l...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

payment terms #2
In SOP (GP 8.0 SQL 2000MSDE), sometimes an invoice will not show the payment terms and other times it will. The customer being invoiced does contain default payment terms. Has anyone else experience this and does anyone have any suggestions? -- Have a great day! W Sue W Sue, In my experience, I have never seen this functionality not work properly, even going back many versions. So I would suspect one of the following is happening: 1) Customer did not have the terms set up at the time the invoice was being created...changes to customer terms (on the customer card) will not update ...

Help with Calculation #2
Hi, I have the following XLS with 3 sheets: Credits, Inventory & Debits. Credits sheet (Stock sold) columns: 'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field) & 'Quantity' Inventory fields: 'Product' (Text field), 'Company', 'Supplier', 'Product Code', 'Quantity', 'Cost Price' & 'Retail Price'. Debits Sheet (Stock bought) columns: 'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field), 'Quantity' & 'Total cost'. New stock entered as 'Product Code', 'Product', 'Quantity&#...

Display order of Bar Chart
How do I get a bar chart to display my data in the order I created it rather then in a sort ascending or descending order. I created my vertical axis categories in the exact order I want the bar chart to display the data however, when the chart is created is rearranged into ascending order of the data not in the order of the categories as I developed it. That is not how Excel behaves; when the data is in rows, the first category of the first row is at the bottom of the bar chart and so on, regardless of the y-values best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.s...

Importing portfolio to Netscape 7.2
Having trouble viewing portfolio with IE6.0 Updates every minute regardless of update freq settings. Cannot do any work. Therefore...... Is there a way to import my stock portfolio from Microsoft Money online server into Netscape 7.2 "Money & Business" portfolio ? If I have to rebuild it from scratch in Netscape, it would take a month to re-enter all the historical buy and sell activity. If I do not, all Gains & Losses YTD and over-all will be false. Thanks for any help. Jim. ...

2 panel brochure printing in publisher
I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11 normal sheet. I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly. Please help! Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin limitations? A tutorial is here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dominikin" <Dominikin@d...

Passing 2-D array as function parameter.
If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: foo(int ar[][6]...); What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? Thanks. if you want to point to whole array you must call foo(ar) and in prototype or definition write foo (int ar[] [6]) and if you want to accsess only one row you must write foo(ar[4]) at calling the function "Frank E Rogers" <syang@pelco.com> wrote in message news:#u9vtA0UEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: > foo(int ar[][6]...); > What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? > Thanks. > &...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

subtotals #2
Hello, I have a list of dollar amounts corresponding with days in the months. I am trying to create a subtotal for each month and not each day of the month. When I do subtotal I get a subtotal for each day of the month. How do I get a total just for the month? Thanks, Chris try this for the month (if dates in col a) and data to sum in col b =sumproduct((month(a2:a200)=3)*b2:b22) to add another variable =sumproduct((month(a2:a200)=3)*(b2:b22="joe")*c2:c22) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "kanstrup" <kanstrup@discus...

delete permanently #2
Dear Sirs, I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I find any macro which can delete mail permanently? Best Regards Hi QT, please Press Shift + Del -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "QT" <web_tur@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#0mbykcaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear Sirs, > > I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I > find any macro which can delete mail permanently?...

Update Quotes #2
Is there any way to permanently disable the "Update Quotes" feature? I do not have a stock portfolio and the Update Quotes feature takes upwards of 5 minutes to complete. I know that I can turn it off for each session, but I would rather just permanently disable it. Which version of Money? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I d...

Copying Bitmap #2
I've a CWnd derived class e.g. CWMPPlayer4. How do I copy the current displayed data from the CMPPlayer4 object into a CBitmap object? Depends on how the data is created and whether or not all information is displayed on the screen. For example, see my essay on Screen Capture on my MVP Tips site. But this only works if the image contains everything you need to see, and is not obscured by other windows. If the actual image is is larger, then what you would have to do is create a memory DC, select a bitmap into it, and then call your OnDraw handler to write into the bitmap. The catch...

money install #2
Hi everyone, Just got my copy of Money Plus Home and Business (haven't installed yet). Anything I should know before installing? Someone said you should turn off UAC before installing and trun it back on afterwards (I have Vista Ulitmate) - that right? Anything else I should know? Thanks for your help. Jim If upgrading from a previous version the .mny file must live in a directory that you have full access to. Program Files is NOT a good place. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do n...

How to split a field into 2 fields?
I imported a spreadsheet from Excel and would like to split one field into two fields. Many of the records in Field1 have a note in parenthesis ( ). If a record has anything contained in parenthesis, I would like to move that data to Field2. What's the best way to accomplish this? To get the word inside the parenthesis try something like SecondWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Mid([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],"(")+1,Len([MyLeeter])-InStr([MyLeeter],"(")-1),"") FirstWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Left([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],&q...