scroll bar color

I have a business manager who wants to change the scroll
bar color to a darker gray or darker color. I can't find
how to do this. Anyone know? Thanks! (2002 version)
0
anonymous (74722)

The scrollbar color is controlled by Windows Display Properties.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
1/29/2004 6:37:26 PM
I tried the themes and appearance on Windows, but neither
affected the scroll bars. Can you tell me more, please?

0
anonymous (74722)
1/29/2004 7:41:29 PM
I'm only saying that your question is a Windows question not an Excel
question.  To the extent that Windows allows you to change the scrollbar's
color it would affect Excel scrollbars as well.  Having said that, I don't
see that Windows lets you change the scrollbar color.  It looks as if all
you can change is the scrollbar size, but then maybe you should ask about
this in a Windows dedicated newsgroup.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
1/29/2004 7:52:00 PM
OK, thanks! I'll go there.

0
anonymous (74722)

put back the bar code for envelopes
The United State post office would appreciate it if you gave MS Word users the ability to print zip code bar codes on the bottom of our envelopes again, so would I! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en...

Chart Colors
This one's got me stumped. I just officiated a test, and would like to make a chart showing 3 different pieces of information: 1. The person's name shown horizontally <---> 2. The person's score shown vertically | 3. The person's exposure time to the subject, shown by the color of their bar (ex: green = brand new / black = very experienced, with shades in between) I know there is a conditional formatting function that does this for cells, but is there any function that is able to do this for charts, or do I simply have to go through and hand-pick the colo...

Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?
Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003. =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error")) I would like the text color to change red if: IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red. IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red. If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not familiar enough with excel to do this. Thanks for the assistance! Craig Hi a formula can't change a format. But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' fo...

CToolBar in a Scrolling CFrameWnd
I have a CFrameWnd in which I can easily display my CToolBar. However, it appears the CToolBar is showing up in the client area of the CFrameWnd. When I scroll using scrollbars to scroll the client area, the toolbar scrolls off the screen. This seems to be a strange operation. I have started to add a bunch of logic to repaint the toolbar but I have a feeling this should be easier. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Bob Usually client area of the frame window is occupied by a window that serves fills client area of the frame and is immediate descendant of the frame. It appears...

Scroll Lock mode locked + SCRL blinking
When opening Excel XP, it is in Scroll Lock mode and 'SCRL' is blinking rapidly at the bottom right of the screen. I have not been able to turn off the Scroll Lock mode. This is a notebook Compaq EVO N800c. I have tried Fn+F12 with no success. Rebooting does not change the situation. Richard Nault ...

Outlook shortcut bar #4
I add items to the shortcut bar and delete others. The next time I open Outlook, those I added are gone and those I deleted are back. ...

Corrupt color scheme registry key
Publisher 2000 ~ When I create a new publication using the wizard, I always get a "color scheme registry key is either missing or corrupt..." error, and am instructed to rerun Setup to reinstall the color scheme registry. Running setup and reinstalling the entire program or allowing the program to detect/repair does not solve the problem. Moving forward with the wizard, I am given the Bluebird scheme or Custom (monochrome) as my only choices. How can I resolve this problem and get the Publisher-provided color schemes back? Have you tried a registry cleaner? You may also fi...

Default font color
How can I set the default font color to anything but black? You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify over on the right, change the color. You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out how to make it permanent. "ajb" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ugpNPqvdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I set the default font color to anything but black? > > You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Choose Format>Style 3. Fr...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Column A to change font color if column B is not empty
Hi, I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, the Cell A3 will change from red to black when B3 is entered and B3 is a date. Can it be done? Thanks & Regards, Val Hi try: - select cells A3:A10 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the formula =$B3<>"" - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dolphinv4 wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically > turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, > the Cell ...

EXCEL cells colors
I know the différents ways to change cells colors but I can't see selected colors of cells on the LCD screen with my new excel 2003 (bought in november). Does this help:- MS Article found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;Q320531 OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Excel 2000 Microsoft Excel 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Microsoft Publisher 2002 Microsoft Word 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Microsoft Publisher 2000 Microsoft Word 2000 This article was previously published u...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

Change fill color of cell
Hello, Excel 2k on Vista 64 bit. I have a range of cells (b2:bn2) in a row that are answers to a quiz. In the same cells below are the answers with a different quiz participant in each row. I would like to change the background of the cells that do not match the answers in b2:bn2. I have used conditional formatting and accomplished this task, however, I would also like to total the wrong answers in column "bo" for every row. I have found a bit of programming on line but it doesn't work with conditional formatting. It does work when I format the cells by hand. Any ...

Assign incoming mails a color category
Is it possible to assign a color caterory to incoming mails from a single person or from a distribution list? thanks Yes, it is. I do it for mail items coming from my family and other individuals. It's possible in the Rules Wizard. Have you taken a look at the actions possible for incoming mail items? "Stefan" <stefan@tirol.com> wrote in message news:uVn#LOaDJHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to assign a color caterory to incoming mails from a single > person or from a distribution list? Thanks for the pointer. it works great. "Vin...

background color prints w/ dark edge
Hi everyone, I am trying to print out my new brochures and am running into a little glitch that HP seems to think is a problem with Microsoft Publisher. Perhpas you can help... I used a color background under the title and on the print preview it looks great. When I print the page out though, the left border of the text box prints out a darker shade. Things I have tried: Made sure I did not have a border selected Deleted the text box and created a new one (you never know!) Checked to see if I had all the latest updates from HP and Publisher I use Microsoft XP Small Business which ca...

How can I add a caption for each data point in a bar graph?
When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using excel...if its possible? See the Hover Chart Labels add-in on Tushar Mehta's web site: http://tushar-mehta.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lexy wrote: > When you place the mouse over a data point a pop up box appears with the > series name and value. How can I add additional information to that box using > exce...

Scrolling words for 3 conditional welcoming words.
Hello: Learning from this forum, I have made 3 conditional welcoming words with the flowwing VBA. My question is how can we make it works if we want the 3 conditional wecoming words scrolling, and we want this form automatically closed if we go to the next main switchboards Option Compare Database Private Sub Form_Activate() 'When the database is opened display welcome user message. 'When the timer interval is reached, this form closes and opens Switchboard If Time() < 0.5 Then [lblMorning].Visible = True [lblAfternoon].Visible = False [LblEvening].V...

Tool bar Icons should get brighter when clicked several times
It might be helful if the icons on the tool bar would get brighter after serveral uses making them easier to locate. This could be reset when the program is closed or retained depending on the users choice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't show bar chart
I just upgraded from Money 2000 to the Canadian version on Money 2006 Standard and the Net Worth Over Time Report doesn't work properly. It will only show as a report. Options to change to a bar chart are greyed out. The first half dozen times I tried the report it showed the months but there was no data on the report. After trying various combinations of Level of Detail and Display As it now shows the data in a report format. The Net Worth Over Time bar chart was about the only thing my wife ever looked at. If the bars kept getting higher towards the right all was good. If not, ...

Sorting by cell Color
I have a list of names in a spreadsheet and have color-coded certai ones. Is there a way to sort by the color of the cell or row? Thanks, Te -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39544 Ted, One way - see my post here... http://makeashorterlink.com/?F3C053B9B Jim Cone San Francisco, USA <t2true.1to3ib_1123877104.724@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:t2true.1to3ib_11238...

Suspend Scrolling in a split pane
I have a worksheet where I have split the window into 2 panes. In the top pane, I want to display rows 17-22, and I don't want people to be able to scroll from those rows in the pane. In the bottom pane, I want to be able to scroll up and down as usual (row 1 - n). Thanks in advance ...

how to remove shading on calendar in the short cut bar?
I click on the short cut button of the short cut bar of my calendar and then the month got shaded I will like to know how to take off the shading of the calendar in the short cut section You mean it is selected? Simply select another calendar. Which version of Outlook are we talking about here? Otherwise, publish a screenshot somewhere and post the link to it here. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real W...

How do I show the document title bar on a microsoft word document?
How do I show the document title bar when opening a word document? The Document title bar is the blue bar above the Word window and should always be displayed? Do you perhaps mean that you want to add the document path to the title bar? In which case you need to add the line ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName to an autoopen macro in the normal template http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www...

Slider bar continues to increment when mouse hovers over arrow
I am using a slider control from the forms toolbar. I also have a data table setup on my sheet and I view the results in a graph.. My problem concerns the behavior of the slider bar in Automatic calculation mode. If I click (and release) once on the slider arrow the slider increments by one, but then continues incrementing as long as the mouse pointer hovers over the slider arrow (even though I click and release no more than once). I just want it to increment one unit for one click and release, recalculate and let me see the results on a graph, then I may click again to increment one more and...

Data bar conditional formatting based on another cell
I'm using Excel 2007 and have my setup as below: =20 Column A contains list of names Column K contains percentage gains for the names in column A. The percentages vary between -100% and +100% =20 I want to apply conditional formatting as below: Have a 'data bar' in column A with GREEN color if=20 the corresponding value in K is positive. Have a 'data bar' in column A with RED color if=20 the corresponding value in K is negative. =20 There is another sheet where column K contains numbers=20 instead of percentages. I would like to format column A=20 in the same way here as we...