Scope of name

I have been unable to change the scope of some names from global (workbook)
to local (worksheet) in the Loan Amortization template in Excel 2007. There
are 29 names in the workbook. I was able to change 25 of them but I could not
delete and then recreate the Int_Rate, Loan_Amount, Loan_Start, and
Loan_Years as worksheet scope names. Does anyone know why?

Change report name
Hi, Is there a way to change report name to be like OrderID_FirstName_LastName I need it to be like that already in report preview because my pdfprinter is naming the pdf file according the reports name which is showing in preview window. We are sending alot of orders to the factory soit would really speed up things. We save the pdffile under customers folder, but know I have to manually rename the pdf file. Thanks! You can generally set the Caption property of the report in the On Open event. My experience is that this value is used as the default file name. -- D...

VERIFY REPORT Question
Hi, Ive a question about reports. I appreciate that to enable you to filter on custom fields from standard crm reports you need to verify the database. Now, does this mean that every time i add in a new column to crm i have to go through and verify each of my reports?? Thanks ! that is correct. until you do this each report will not know about the new field -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Jo Hughes" <email.johughes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120558923.595980.19740@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Ive a question ...

Excel 2007
I am receiving a message in newly installed Excel 2007 when opening a spreadsheet in Excel 97 format that I never received when using Excel 2003. The error message is: "One or more invalid names were detected in this workbook. Those invalid names have been changed to #REF" However, I can't find any cells or worksheet names that show #REF. There are no external links in this document. How can I find where the error is coming from? thank you, Bob M.. I'd use a couple of utilities to help find the problem: Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and M...

Use sheet names in column in COUNTIF formula?
I have the names of my worksheets in Col A. I want to do a COUNTIF for all these sheets in the same range on every sheet. Is there some way I can incorporate the cell with the sheet name into the formula? Something like: Col A Col B Sheet1 =COUNTIF('(ValueofThisSheet!A2)'!B2:B20,"*") Sheet2 Sheet3 And then of course copy it down the column to pick up all the sheet names? Ed Hi Ed, you use the INDIRECT function to do this, like so: =3DCOUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!B2:B20"),"item") Then copy down. Hope this ...

Sheet name change needed
Hi, I am new to programming but I would like to rename sheets based on drop down lists. For example: on sheet1 I have a drop down that contains 2 choices, 1A or 2A that you can select...based on which one you choose, I would like the name of sheet2 to be updated to match your selection from sheet1. So, if I pick 1A from the dropdown on sheet1, sheet2 will be renamed 1A. Is this feasible? Thanks for any help, One way: Put this in your worksheet 1 code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Cons...

Getting past the Worksheet Name character limit?
Excel 2 Is there any way to get around (or remove) the limit on characters that can be used to name a worksheet? We are trying to get our licenses in a spreadsheet and want to name each sheet with the name of the software. It seems there's a 31 character limit which is not enough for what I need Is there any wya to remove this limit or increase it or anything like that Thanks. Hi AFAIK there is no way beyond this Excel limit -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mr B wrote: > Excel 2k > > Is there any way to get around (or remove) the limit on characters > that can ...

Split Names
How can we split the last names to another cell ? Als if we have Mr & mrs john doe mike how can we split the title ? hi you might try using text to columns. on the menu bar.... Data>text to columns...>follow the wizzard. If your have a lot of names of varing lengths, with and without titles, you may have problems. you may need to group name of similar length and title so that you can parce the data in blocks or groups. otherwise you may have to do i one name at a time. also when parcing data, make sure you have enough blank cells to the right of the data you are parcing becau...

The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid.
This problem is also mentioned in several other posts, but none of those solutions worked for me. I just moved a bunch of mailboxes from one E2k3/Win2k3 (DC) server to another one (not DC), and now when setting up a new Outlook client, I get the above message. I deleted and rebuilt the GAL, re-did the RUS, checked and played with the perms on the GAL, etc. One interesting thing - my Default Domain Controllers GPO seemed to be prohibiting the OWA system from authenticating users after the move, so I had to add an "Authenticated Users" perm to the "Access this computer from the...

word cannot save due to naming or permission error
Users trying to save office documents via AFP to a win2k3 server. I've read some info on this from back around the first of the year but want to know if the bug has been fixed. Mac OSX hints says to do this: $ cd /path/to/volume/or/sharepoint $ sudo mkdir .TemporaryItems $ chgrp staff .TemporaryItems $ chmod 1770 .TemporaryItems but the .TemporaryItems directory already exists on the server share.Is there any other solution?Thanks, On 2006-07-25 17:10:04 -0500, "rockymtn" <sschaefer@forethought.net> said: > already exists on the server share.Is there any other...

charts; myChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name; lots of quotes
Playing with charts and saw this in a recording: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=""""""NBT""""""" I was changing the name of a series to a text string of NBT. What is the reason for all the quotes.? FYI. Using a range (I selected the cell with the name as a text string" gives this: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=Sheet1!R26C2" Thank you. What version of Excel? (I think I know...) Just use this: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "NBT" ...

Financial Institution Name Change
Georgia Telco Credit Union changed their name effective today to Georgia's Own Credit Union. There are minor changes in the appearance of the webpage but the fields for logon id and password are the same (or at least they appear to be the same), however, when an online update is attempted it will no update. Gets error code -3003 saying that the provider web site has changed (duh). This financial institution uses the Yodlee interface to Microsoft for the online updates. Here's the question(s): Who needs to fix this problem? Microsoft or Yodlee or both? Anyone else out the...

Email asking for "User Name and Password"
My mom's email won't download/send msg's - instead wants us to enter the user name and password. I've done this, double checking I had the correct info, which I did, and it won't take it. I've also been thru the email settings, and the username and password I set it up with is still checked to be 'remembered'. All info is correct. Email was fine one day, the next this happens for apparently no reason. I've had this happen on my laptop at times, but it always goes away without any problems. Her's will not go away. Any idea on what&#...

Reading field names from dao.recordset
In order to make an output script I need to read the field names from my recordset. The field names are known but I need it to write a flexible script. I've wrote the following: Dim rs As dao.Recordset Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Update_relations") Open "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\TEXTFILE.TXT" For Output As #1 What I'm now lookig for is something like rs.field(0).name (but this is not working) Anybody any ideas. Regards -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 What is it t...

Sql Server 2000 restore to different db name?
Hello how would I restore a db named example 'UserDB_restore' from it's main db name backup file 'UserDB.bak'? I'm trying to simply restore it side by side when pointing to that device file name and wondering do I need to adjust the 'Logical file name' & 'Move to physical file name' options? Thanks in advance. .. (nothing@nothing.com) writes: > Hello how would I restore a db named example 'UserDB_restore' from it's > main db name backup file 'UserDB.bak'? I'm trying to simply restore it > side by s...

naming colours
A learner is "colour-blind" having difficulty identifying colours. In MSWord, the font colours are named, how can I cause colours to be named in MSPublisher 2002? AGJT AGJT wrote: > A learner is "colour-blind" having difficulty identifying > colours. > > In MSWord, the font colours are named, how can I cause > colours to be named in MSPublisher 2002? > > AGJT Not quite sure what you mean - if you hold your mouse over a colour for a second or two a tooltip will appear with the colour name, just like Word. If that's not what you meant, post back...

Is it possible to automaticly name a new sheet 22/10/2003
Once every day a new worksheet will be added to my workbook and I wonder if it is possible to automate the process of naming the sheets. I would like the new sheets to be given the name of the day they were created e.g 22/10/2003. Is it at all possible. Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Marvin Hlavac Toronto, Canada Try naming the sheet with 22/10/2003. It will list the illegal characters that you can't use. That said, this will add a sheet and name it. Sub AddSheet() Dim wSht as WorkSheet Set wSht = WorkSheets.Add wSht.Name = Format(Date, "ddmmyyyy") End Sub ...

Changin a file name
Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? Take a look at : CFile::Rename SHFileOperation rename When you rename a file the original no longer exists, so there is nothing to delete. But if you really want to delete a file try DeleteFile. AliR. "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179372799.289579.230910@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically chan...

Any way to send messages on without all the recipients' names appeaing in it?
I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers etc. Is there any way to do this? Desperate Peter Peter Jason wrote: > I want to send off received messages to various customers, but there > should be no appearance of the other recipients names in the headers > etc. > > Is there any way to do this? > > Desperate > Peter Bcc the recipients. No recipient gets to see the list of Bcc recipients. On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:53:59 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote: >Peter...

Trouble with dynamic named range
In an Excel 2010 workbook I created a dynamic named range from the Formula tab using the Define Name utility. The formula I entered is: =OFFSET(Price Groups!$AP$2,0,0,COUNTA(Price Groups!$AP:$AP)-1,1) I want the range to include all non-empty cells in the AP column starting with the second row. When I check the named range using the Name Manager it shows the formula: =OFFSET(Price Groups!$AP$2,0,0,COUNTA(Price Groups!$AP$1:$AP$65536)-1,1) I'm not sure why Excel converts my formula, but I've tried several time to change it back to my formula and each time I get the...

Query Company Name to last Name
Can anyone help me write a query? I am trying to put the Company Name in as the last name. And maybe, if possible, move first and last name to notes in the customer database. I need to be able to look up transactions by the company name not last names so this is my best option....unless there is another idea out there. Thanks in advance. * BACKUP FIRST * I recommend using the custom text fields in the customer record for the first and last name in this case. Using administartor, run these SQL statements: UPDATE CUSTOMER SET CUSTOMTEXT1 = FIRSTNAME UPDATE CUSTOMER SET CUSTOMTEXT2 = L...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

Task names and notes mysteriously disapearing??
Hi, I'm a new user, and am finding that whole sections of task names are disappearing at random times for no reason (the rest of the task detail such as dates, dependencies etc will remain), and the same for notes. Absolutely no idea why this is coming about. I'm also finding that, while most times I am able to save my file, on some random occassions I am being told that the file is read only (which its not). I am using Project 2007. Do I have an infected file or something like that? Has anyone come across this before? -- cthackray ----------------------------...

Rename domain name
I have 2 servers, Server1: Windows server 2003 Active Directory (Domain Controller) DNS server Exchange server 2003 SQL Server 2000 SP3 settings for LCS 2005 SP1 Server2: Windows server 2003 member of server1 (joined) Exchange server 2003 LCS 2005 SP1 I want to rename the domain name from home.domain.com to 123.com... I'm usign Exchange server 2003, SQL Server 2000 SP3 and LCS 2005 SP1... Is it possible? how? I recall that in Windows 2003 there is a way to modify the domain name, however, I also recall that it's sort of like brain surgery, if you don't REALLY Have to, don&#...

Removing file names that are stored in open file box?
When you use open/file and then type in the file name it is stored in a drop-down list. How do you clear this list? hi, Gary ! > When you use open/file and then type in the file name it is stored in a drop-down list. > How do you clear this list? you need to look within the windows registry editor... HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Common\Open Fnd\Microsoft <Office> Excel\Settings\Open\File Name MRU regards, hector. ...

How to export names remembered in email "sent to" Contacts
When I type a name into the "sent to" in a "new" e-mail the field will suggest names previously used that are not always in My Contacts. How do I readily identify these and add to Contacts? You can't unless you're using the Outlook 2010 beta. Before then, you'd need to use third party software, such as: http://www.ingressor.com/helpdesk_exchange.htm http://www.nk2.info/ -- Russ Valentine "Ted Southam" <TedSoutham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F351017-3705-41D3-AFB2-C8BDA4429386@microsoft.com... > When...