Scatter with text on X - axis

I am trying to construct one scatterplot for 2 groups of data A & B.
would like to have A and B as two points on the X-axis and the  (Y
data values which pertain to A and B plotted as dots above them in
vertical line.
I have tried many different things and HELP to try to do this an
no-one at work knows either. I am obviously missing out on somethin
simple but important. Expert experience would be greatly appreciated!
Donal

What you are looking for is similar to a boxplot. Unfortunately, that i
not a type of plot Excel can do without help (but I sure wish Microso
world add it!). You can buy plug-ins that will draw a box plot.

But the poor man's why to do it is to convert your labels to number
(A=1 and B=2) and draw a scatter diagram using that as your x-axis an
your data along the y-axis. You can then hide the x-axis on the plo
and re-label the stacks of data using the text tool