Saving

I work on  file that has several  sheets in it and I
only access one of those sheets and add  data to it
after I am done adding the data I click on the save bottom
and I get amessage saying that your file has been saved
as "527E5100" and it's no longer has the extention
of ".xls" and the file is no longer saved as an excel
version.

I access the file 5 days a week and on Monday,tuesday and
Friday it saves fine but On Wed and Thursday I have
the problem mentioned above. this has been going on for
the last 4 weeks. I have already reloaded my office
products
but still have the problem.

Any ideas....
Thanks

When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no
extension).  Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and
rename this funny named file to the original's name.

You see the results when something interferes with this process.

A couple of things that get pointed at are antivirus software and network
problems (hardware or permissions).

If the same person is always doing the work, then I would think you could
eliminate permissions.  I would think it would be easiest to disable the
antivirus software (temporarily) to see if that helped.

If the problem goes away, then visit your local AV site and see if they have
updates.  If it doesn't, I'd think I'd try to get my IT department more
involved.  (well, unless you're already the IT department!)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

saving email addresses from incoming Outlook mail
I have recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook (XP). I am trying to figure out how to set up Outlook so that it automatically saves incoming email addresses for me so that I don't have to manually add new contacts to my contact list. I used to have this capability with Outlook Express and really miss it. Right click on the address and select "add to contacts." -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratc...

Automatically Save Attachments ?
Hello... Is it possible to set up Exchange to automatically save (and then remove) attachments? We have a support email account that customers will use to send files and we'd like to be able to automatically (as the emails are received on the server, not waiting for a user to open Outlook) save the attachment to a network folder. Is this possible? thanks for any help - will Not natively. You would need to look at a 3rd party archiving/compliance product to do this for you. There are LOTs of choices out there. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "dw" <dw@disc...

Embedded images can only be saved as BMP in Outlook XP (BUT NO PROBLEMS IN IE)
Hello, I have NO trouble saving GIF/JPG images in their proper format off web pages in IE. I ONLY have trouble with embedded images in Outlook XP emails. I have cleared my cache as well as all unknown/damaged object files, have increased my cache size to 3 GB, rebooted, but the problem persists. When I attempt to save embedded animated GIF images, only the BMP file type can be selected, and typing a different extention in the filename field does not override the file type that is saved (ie image is still saved as BMP). It is not a question of a particular e-mail being corrupt, as I have th...

CRM 4.0 General Error in the Scheduling Engine when saving Appoint
Hi, I'm receiving General Error in the Scheduling Engine when I try to save an appointment. I noticed that the problem appear when Regarding to a Shared Account. If I unshare the account everything is OK. But I need sharing. I also noticed that if I regard to another account and save the appointment than I can regard to the shared account and it is saved without errors. I look at the trace log and I found: "Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UQ_PrincipalObjectAccess'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.PrincipalObjectAccess' ". I also read the foll...

Sending & Saving Email Distribution List
I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Home and would like to be able to email a distribution list to someone and have them save it in Contacts as their own distribution list. I used the Forward feature and was able to email it as an attachment to the other person. when they opened the email and double clicked on the attachment, they could see the distribution list, but could not save it to Contacts. It would save as an rtf file, but not in their Contacts. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Howard hrensin@nainv.com Instead, use a new email message form and use Inser...

I don't want to run visual basic editer code after saving...
Hi All, Iam writing some code to disable some controls in excel visual basi editor under Workbook_Open() function for one particular exce template. It is working fine.all controls are disabled when i open the excel. now i used "save as" option and saved in some folder. Now the problem is coming. I want to open the saved file i don't wan to run the Workbook_Open() code because i don't want to disable th controls for saved excel file. Regards, Amar.. -- aredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

The modified permissions could not be saved
I am trying to grant permissions on a public folder. When I try to add a group as reviewer of the folder I get the message, "The modified permissions could not be saved." I am in a mixed mode environment, 5.5 and 2003. Any ideas? Thanks -- James On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:01:02 -0700, James <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to grant permissions on a public folder. When I try to add a >group as reviewer of the folder I get the message, "The modified permissions >could not be saved." I am in a mixed mode environment, 5.5 and 2003. A...

Saving Password in Outlook 03
Where in Outlook 2003 can I type in my password so I won't be prompted for it everytime I log onto our exchange server? We have it setup to read our email from the exchange server in our sister office in GA. Thanks (running XP Pro) Hi, - go under Tools -> E-mail Accounts... - select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and click next - select your exchange server account and click Change - click "more settings" - click the security tab - uncheck "Always Prompt for user name and password" - ok, next, finish Hope that helps Steve It's a...

Save bmp to file
I want to grab a bmp off the windows clipboard and then save it to a file on disk. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! Paul Take a look at CImage, it has the capability to Load and Save BMP, JPG, PNG, and GIF files. AliR. "NewbProgrammer" <paul_kiefer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1111600220.894678.162340@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I want to grab a bmp off the windows clipboard and then save it to a > file on disk. How do I go about doing this? > Thanks! > Paul > You can use GDI+ to save the file after transferring data from clipboard. Foll...

how do I save outlook calendar and archives to use on my new PC
Hi, I am looking to get a new computer. I use the calendar/diary on Microsoft Outlook and use it for business. Can anyone recommend the best way to safely back it up. I don't want to lose the information current and archived. Can anyone tell me the best way to transfer it over? Thanks http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp daveg wrote: > Hi, I am looking to get a new computer. > I use the calendar/diary on Microsoft Outlook and use it for business. Can > anyone recommend the best way to safely back it up. > I don't want to lose the information ...

Unable to save doc's created in OSX on Windows

Trying to add a new customer error: "This record has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes will not be saved."
Knowledgebase search turned up numerous hits on the error but nothing that fixed it. Any ideas? Sorry, could not read the entire error message. Please repost. Also, how are you trying to add the customer, via Cards->sales->customers or through sales transaction entry? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP http://www.AccoladePublications.com Documentation for Software Users "Thomas R. Moore" wrote: > Knowledgebase search turned up numerous hits on the error but nothing that > fixed it. Any ideas? > > > Trying to add a new customer erro...

Saving a file with a minimum of 300 dpi using Publisher 2003
I have created an ad using MS Publisher 2003. How do I save the document as a pdf file at 300dpi? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Brent <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have created an ad using MS Publisher 2003. How do I save the > document as a pdf file at 300dpi? No version of Publisher can create PDF files on its own. I would suggest that you: Either a) Save the file as a 300DPI PNG or TIFF file or b) Get Acrobat or another PDF making program, and create your PDF with that. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher htt...

change where sent messages are saved
Is it possible to change the folder where sent messages are saved in outlook 2002? I want to make this change for all sent messages and not just set on a message by message basis using options. I know this can be done for drafts and inbox, but I can't figure it our for sent items. Thanks, -Ben ...

saving semicolon-delimited files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is Excel able to save files as semicolon-delimited? In article <59bae6aa.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, sjguglielmo@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Is Excel able to save files as semicolon-delimited? Whatever app it is that wants semicolon-delim files: delete it and get something which conforms to universal standards. -- Team EM to the rescue! http://www.team-em.com sjguglielmo@officeformac.com wr...

MSP 98 vs 2003, how I open documents saved on older version with n
I originally had MSP 98, now I have 2003, however all documents saved before 2008 I can not open, it tells me "Publisher cannot oepn this file. This file was saved from a previous version of Publisher. Publisher no longer supports files that were saved in this version." What can I do? I have a LOT of files like that, some are very hard to recreate. Thanks for all the help Ii can get!!! Take a look at this article, it may help. If it does help, please post back. Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "P...

Default Save As directory
In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults to a different directory on another drive? Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist "C:/My Documents" is not a default win folder, did you create it, or redirect the default My Documents folder? The answere to your Q may depend on the individual Programs, which in their settings may allow you to specify a default location. ...

Saving
I work on file that has several sheets in it and I only access one of those sheets and add data to it after I am done adding the data I click on the save bottom and I get amessage saying that your file has been saved as "527E5100" and it's no longer has the extention of ".xls" and the file is no longer saved as an excel version. I access the file 5 days a week and on Monday,tuesday and Friday it saves fine but On Wed and Thursday I have the problem mentioned above. this has been going on for the last 4 weeks. I have already reloaded my office products but...

Generated file--charts squish when saved in .xls format, ok in .xl
I've got a c# program that's used to dynamically create spreadsheets. At the end, I save the workbook both as an .xlsx file as well as a .xls file. My problem is that the charts in the .xls file, although the box remains the same size, the contents (bars, height of the vertical axis) get "squished"--that is, there is more space in the bottom half then there should be causing the rest to resize to fit (happens most noticably vertically, but also slightly horizontally). I've narrowed it down to finding out that the presence of textboxes in the chart "c...

Saving email address???
Is there any way to save an email address to a specific group rather than just putting them in the main address book? I just took over as sec-treas of an organization that sends email to the entire group. I wanted to make up my own mailing list by harvesting the addresses from a news letter. However when I right click an address, the only option is to save it to the main address book. There are about 100 names and I didn't want to have to dig them out of my already bloated address book. Asking the previous secretary to export his address book is not an option. He tried...

save date compiled not date modified
when i save my document it save in date modified and not date compiled. Do you mean date fields? The reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/s...

please suggest approach t save my stuff
I use Windows XP pro. My PC has two WD SE16 WD2500KS SATA 250G hdds. When I start the PC in the morning I am hearing a whirring noise coming out of the PC and I think it is the C drive. Where can I read up on how to add a drive, and mirror everything on the current C drive onto the new drive? What is a smart choice in an enterprise grade HDD? I am thinking the warranty has expired on the drives. Thanks timOleary wrote: > I use Windows XP pro. My PC has two WD SE16 WD2500KS SATA 250G hdds. > When I start the PC in the morning I am hearing a whirring noise > coming out of th...

Saving documents to MS CRM from eg Word?
Hi, Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then from MS CRM make a note and attach. To long way ! Regards, SH Hi Siggi, have a look at "RelatedDocuments" at www.mscrm-addons.com "Siggi" <sh@nyherji.is> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64f91fda.0501190239.1156de03@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg > Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then > from MS CRM make a note and attach. ...

saved a file from opened attachment...
hi opened a file from an e-mail attachment into microsoft word 2007, i made chages and clicked the save button and exited the program... went to resend the edited file and it wasn't anywhere to be found checked the file location the mail program saves the e-mails and reopened it that way it was origional... where did it save too? i see other similar posts but found nothign like this exactly if answer somewhere else leave a link? nagy_kyle wrote: > hi > opened a file from an e-mail attachment into microsoft word 2007, i > made chages and clicked the save button a...

Search Preferences Don't Save When Changed
I've been experiencing some annoying behavior in Excel. Everytime I open the search/replace dialog, the Options panel is hidden and "Match entire cell contents" is selected. I know it's not a default, but everytime I uncheck it, Excel doesn't save that change for the next time I run Excel. What can I do so that whatever I change is set to default the next time I run the app? Maybe you could have a dummy workbook that you put in your XLStart folder that does a Find with the settings you like: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1").Ce...