Saving multiple worksheets as independent files

I have a multiple worksheet workbook that on a regular basis would like to
save as independent workbooks. Is there an easy way to do this vs. cutting &
pasting into another workbook?
0
Hewlett (1)

Right-click the tab name, select Move or Copy, pick new book from the To
Book dropdown, and either leave the Create a Copy checkbox unticked (move)
or tick it (Copy).

--

HTH

RP

"Hewlett" <Hewlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a multiple worksheet workbook that on a regular basis would like to
> save as independent workbooks. Is there an easy way to do this vs. cutting
&
> pasting into another workbook?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/20/2004 12:04:41 PM
Hewlett

Can you live with a macro?

Sub Make_New_Books()
Dim w As Worksheet
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
        w.Copy
        ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & w.Name
        ActiveWorkbook.Close
    Next w
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:37:01 -0700, "Hewlett"
<Hewlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a multiple worksheet workbook that on a regular basis would like to
>save as independent workbooks. Is there an easy way to do this vs. cutting &
>pasting into another workbook?

0
Gord

deleted files
Can a file be recovered that you worked on and forgot to save changes to? All the changes are lost??? Hi no chaqnce, sorry -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pam" <pwitt@latech.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1195f01c441d9$b24b3b40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can a file be recovered that you worked on and forgot to > save changes to? All the changes are lost??? There is a chace that a temporary file has been created. Try the download from www.recovermyfiles.com and do a "Complete Search" of your C:\ drive for deleted files, but also add the C:\ drive ...

Unable to delete files
I am running WMP on Windows 7. I have been trying to delete music files/folders but they still keep appearing when I open WMP. Can you play the files? Did you delete them from within WMP? Need more info. Otherwise the number of possible answers could fill a book. "cschak" wrote: > I am running WMP on Windows 7. I have been trying to delete music > files/folders but they still keep appearing when I open WMP. ...

Finding data files
I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't show any of my data. I saved everthing on my hard drive before I installed XP, but I did not back up my Money data. Isn't there a file that contains my current information? What is the name of the file Money saves its information to? Thank You!! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=109. "Dale" <dalevan@iserv.net> wrote in message news:2a57301c466e7$63e929c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't > show any of my data. I saved everthing on my hard d...

saving Word files OSX.3 -hidden entry points
Specifically, the instruction "save as" presents a screen where the document name slot is hidden behind the toolbars at the top of the screen. Also a general difficulty in keeping the scroll bars visible on screen, amongst other teething problems such as an uninvited split Word document ). Officev.X:mac and Mac OS X.3 Help? ...

Multiple Productlists
suggestion for CRM Why cant you have multiple product lists when you can have multiple business units. We have a client with many business units and each have seperate products and they are not allowed to see products from the other Business Units. (and the list would be very long) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based N...

How can we refer to "Date last saved" field's values(windows7)
There is "Date last saved" field in windows7 explorer. How can we refer to the value? Is it equal to LastAccessTime? or LastWriteTime? or ChangeTime? Why not try it yourself? Write a program or find a utility that can set all three to different values and see which one pops up as "Dave last saved". The second sounds most likely. "Benjamin" <crazytazo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2c1790a9-298c-499d-9727-356923338574@m27g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > There is "Date last saved" field in windows7 explorer. > > Ho...

Writing to text file
Hi all! Using VB 2008. I need to write to a text file. Create and write if it does not exist or append if it does. I have this code: If System.IO.File.Exists("G:\work\temp\TestTxtFiles\Box\testfile.txt") Then 'Open file for append. Using oFile As System.IO.StreamWriter = System.IO.File.AppendText("G:\work\temp\TestTxtFiles\Box\testfile.txt") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 4") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 5") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 6") oFile.Close() End Usin...

Insert file name in header without showing extension
I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension? 1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and check the option "Hide extensions for known files". OR: 2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names - make use of a Macro: ------------------------------------------------------- Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension() On Error Resume Next LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, "...

Cant open files
Recently Excel quit opening files I double click in file manager/Windows Explorer. It also won't open files I get sent to me via e-mail. Excel launches and then says ready but never opens the file. If I use the File--Open feature it works but that is a royal pain. I have Windows XP and Office 2000 running on a HP 5200 Laptop. It worked for some time, then quit. Uninstalling Office and re-installing doesn't fix the problem. Ideas? Thanks ...

Backup cannot copy .pst files
When I exit Outlook and click on Save Backup. I get the error "Cannot copy Outlook: The process cannot access the file beause another process has locked a portion of the file" Please advise with how to fix this problem. ...

File sharing advice needed!
Hi, I am setting up Money 2004 on 2 systems, my wife's desktop and my laptop. I'd like to know if anyone has any advice on file sharing?? Specifically, do we both have to have the same Money User Account (and MSN Passport) setup on both systems and map both to a "shared" .mny file on 1 system? Or is it possible that we each have our own seperate account on Money and a seperate account on .net MSN, and still be able to synchronize the .mny file? Ideally we would like to split up chores (I do our brokerage stuff, and she does the bill pay and other monthly activities), and t...

Disclaimer appears on inbound messages, and multiple times on repl
Our consultant added a disclaimer, at our request, to our Exchange 2000 server. He used a VB script called SMTPREG. This worked fine for a period of time, then the system started adding the disclaimer to all mail, rather than just outbound mail. If a message is replied to, the disclamer is added each time; i.e. reply internally seven times and you will see seven disclaimers. The disclaimer also appears on all inbound messages. This presents a problem with the integrity of the e-mail as a legal document since it was changed after being sent. So far he has not been able to determine...

extrace a data record from large worksheet.
I would appreciate it if someone could give a bit of direction. I have a large spreadsheet - 139 cols by 170 rows - and I need to extract data from certain columns in certain rows. I'm thinking that I need to 'lookup' each label: about seven of them, and return for each of those lookup data from all 139 columns. ie: blue, red, purple, orange as row labels; getting date from jan2, jan3, jan4, jan5 ... columns. this date would go into a data list, under the columns: blue, red etc. I can do lookups, have some experience with arrays, and have worked with simple loops. I'm ju...

Hyperlinks with hidden worksheets
Good afternoon all, I have a workbook containing several worksheets. I have included an Introduction Worksheet with Hyperlinks to each sheet. However, I would like to be able to have the worksheets hidden (or very hidden), except the Introduction sheet, until the Hyperlink is clicked, then that sheet is activated, and when exited (by command button), this sheet becomes hidden again, and returns the user to the Introduction sheet. I hope I have expalained this well enough. I have some knowledge of VBA,( I have already set up the Command Buttons on the worksheets). Any help on this matter wou...

Formatted text in multiple lines in CListCtrl #3
I would like to know how can I display formatted text (Different fonts and colors) in multiple lines in a single cell in CListCtrl large icon view. I have seen samples on codeproject/codeguru that deals with changing text color/font. But I would like to display formatted text (e.g: Some bold text and some different color in multiple lines in a single item) along with an icon in each cell. How can I achieve this using CListCtrl? If not, can you please suggest any alternative solutions? The following article on codeproject suggests on how to change the row height in an owner drawn list control...

How to add multiple members in DL for Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. Thanks! Directory import, available in Exchange administrator tool. Baris. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "San" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f4a001c43de9$9cabde00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 > distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. > > Thanks! ...

loop through all worksheets
My workbook has over 100 worksheets. I want to be able to execute the code below, have it cycle through all worksheets and when done leave the worksheet that was active when the code was started active. Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim n As Single For n = 1 To Sheets.Count With Sheets(n) .Activate .Range("A3").Activate End With Next n Application.ScreenUpdating = True Sub LoopAllWS() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim wsStart As Worksheet Set wsStart = ActiveSheet For Each ws In Worksheet With ws 'No nee...

Duplicating parts of a worksheet
I am working with an excel worksheet with five columns (account, date description, purchase order, and expense amount). I want to summariz from this worksheet all of the expenses by account. I know how to get the total expenses for each account from this list but I want to be able to create another worksheet for each account tha lists date, description, purchase order, and expense amount. Is ther a way to do this without requiring double entering of everything -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This sounds like a job for a Pivottable. You can create a nice summary repor...

Archive public folders to PST file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C755BA.60F140D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, We need to reduce the size of our Exchange Server (part of SBS 2000 = Server). We create a sub-folder under Public Folders for each projects = we have. There are about 100 of them. All we want to get is to have = one PST for each project to store emails which are older than a month. = Any utility or program do that? We need an automatic way which meant = automatic move old emails to PST file...

Files listed into Excel
Hi, Does anyone know how I can copy just the details from "My Music" files into excel? Titles, lengths, albums etc.? Thanks in advance for any ideas for me. Tree Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best. To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to this KB Article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q272623& Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from..... http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/ I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features. OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt ...

Error message when retriving a string from my xml file in C#.net a
I created the following code in my C# program but it's giving me error message at run time of : XML.XPATH.XPATHEXCEPTION : Namespace Manager or XSLTContext needed. This query has a prefix, variable or user defined function. Can someone see what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Alpha private XPathDocument unityMessages = new XPathDocument("UnityMessages.xml"); unityMsgNavigator = unityMessages.CreateNavigator(); string query = @"/trans-unit[@id=""m1""]/target[@xml:lang=""fr""]"; XPathExpression queryM1 = unityMsgNavigator.Co...

Properties on multiple users
I hope this is a basic question. I would like to set delivery restrictions on a large number of users. I can do them 1 at a time using Active Directory. Can I set this property on multiple users? More info: Ex2003 running on W2K servers. Domain controllers are W2K. Specifically I would like to stop students at a school sending messages to each other (Accept messages from Anyone except Student-Group). Any help appreciated. Take a look at ADModify from: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/PSS/Tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/ADModify/ -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com...

Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'
Hi, I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my Money 2003 Deluxe: "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'". I checked the folder mentioned and my WinXP user account has the privilges on that folder (as it is supposed to have). How I can solve it? Thank in advance. Di Fresco Marco > I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my > Money 2003 Deluxe: > "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and > Settings\[USER]\Local...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...