saving linked spreadsheet data

I have a spreadsheet called 2003 that has data linked from monthly sheets during 2003. I am looking for a way of saving the spreadsheet with all the monthly data so that all the data will not be lost if any of the month sheets were deleted. In essence I do not want it to have links to other sheets any more but still show the data as if it did.
Phew hope this is understood
0
anonymous (74722)

> I have a spreadsheet called 2003 that has data linked from monthly sheets
during 2003. I am looking for a way of saving the spreadsheet with all the
monthly data so that all the data will not be lost if any of the month
sheets were deleted. In essence I do not want it to have links to other
sheets any more but still show the data as if it did.

Try this--
1. select the range of cells with the links
2. choose edit > copy
3. choose edit > paste special
4. select the values radio button
5. press OK

--
Mark Henri
Excel Support Technician

select all data with shorcut key
Hi, do u know a shorcut key to select all data, but not to create a table. usually when i have thousands of rows and columns, if i want to select all rows i must go to the end of the document and select with mouse and shift. but isnt a fast and easy way to select all data? thanks luis reis If the data is contiguous and nothing else is touching it, you can use: F5|Special|Current region Or ctrl-shift-8 (ctrl-*) Lu�s Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM wrote: > > Hi, > > do u know a shorcut key to select all data, but not to create a table. > > usually when i have thousa...

Corrupt money data file
I've posted this on the Money UK site but with no reaction ; I wonder if I can reach a larger audience on here - I'm desperate to sort this out, thanks. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On running Money, I received a message "Money has encountered a problem and needs to close" - no indication of what the problem was. I couldn't get past the splach screen I found article 836197 in the knowledge base which seems to covers this ; did what it advised, even to the extent of doing an uninstall and re-install, but ...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Analysing data from several excel workbooks
Hi, I'm totally new to excel and i need to analyse the changes in a funding position across several years in a seperate excel sheet. As in, submissions are made year on year showing the amount of revenue spent on several different services. I need to be able to compare how those have moved over the last 5 years in a single spreadsheet. I appreciate any help. Thanks To give a clear answer we would need a bit more detail of the data layout Give us a simplified version of what the data looks like Your 'subject' talks about different workBOOKS but the text of the ...

recovering data
Money 2000: Is there a way to recover data that was not backed up. I accidently deleted all deposits. When I used the restore file procedure all saved deposits were restored, but all deposits and withdrawals that hadn't been backed up were deleted. How can I get that work back? Thanks! Retype it all? I mean, seriously, if you type three pages to a document in Word that you last backed up a month ago, delete the three pages and then quit Word where are you? "ETHORN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e40d01c3f101$8989da00$a101280a@phx.gbl...

Managing Data Table
Hi, I need help to wrap the tex in Data Table. If any one knows how to do it, please let me know. Thanks for your help in advance. Yogesh Hi Yogesh What version of PowerPoint are you using? What kind of table is it and how did it get there (e.g. insert -> table, or a table connected with a graph)? If it's a graph, is it an Excel graph or an MSGraph graph? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Yogesh" <Yogesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68FDA89-6289-4341-8886-54C580...

Save DB connection and query within spreadsheet
Hi. I created a web form that dumps the data into a SQL server database. This form is for three, not so technical co-workers to use and need to make retrieving new data as simple as possible. The users would like to use Excel to retreive the data. Is there any way to imbed SQL server access from within Excel so that all the user has to do is open the spreadsheet and click refresh data? I've been playing around with it with DSN's and dbq files and can easily make it work myself, but I need to simplify the process. If I exit out of the spreadsheet, and go back in, I need to reestablis...

wrting spreadsheet to csv file
In spreadsheet I have Monitor 15" in A1. I wrtie this spreadsheet as txt file where values are seperated with tabular sign and after that when I edit this file I have "Monitor 15""". Why Excell adds this 3 """" ? Is there anything I can do to force excel not to add unexpected " ? It is the inch symbol (") that is doing it. Why not use: Monitor 15 in best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "tomek" <adres_w_tresci> wrote in message news:47651625$0$19148$f...

Adding links to the manager taskpad
Hi, Trying to find out if it is possible to add custom links to either the store or HQ manager taskpad, and if so how. The HTML pages can quite easily be edited to add a href but then how to actually fire off an add-on? For example the 'Items' screen in the Store manager taskpad has the HTML line <a href="createnewitem">New Item</a> how is "createnewitem" used to fire off the Create New Item screen? thanks dave I would also love to know how the taskpad works in this respect. I was thinking of running the RMS Manager as a ...

Importing data #5
Hello, I have a workbook in Excel 2003 that I need some advice on please. The data used in the spreadsheet is collected online into a CSV file, this CSV file is imported into Excel onto a "Raw Data" worksheet. From this raw data several other worksheets need to access this raw data to prepare the reports required. I have the first report sheet designed and it picks up the data from the Raw Data sheet. The problem I need help with is updating the raw data; when I download a new file from our web site and refresh the data import the report worksheet does not update correctly. Fo...

Append Query
I have a table "Rates" with the following data: StartDate: 5/15/08 End Date: 6/23/08 Rate: $53 StartDate: 6/24/08 End Date: 7/15/08 Rate: $86 StartDate: 7/16/08 EndDate: 9/19/08 Rate: $99 I have another table "Transactions". I want to create an append query such that if I supply the StartDate and EndDate, the query will populate the "Transactons" table with date and rate data from the "Rates" table for each and every day within the date range. Example: If I supply the StartDate of 6/23/08 and the EndDate of 6/25/08, the query would pop...

Save n Refresh New Form
Hi All, I have use the 'Save' command button in the access2000. However, I need additional function when I click the 'Save' button. Click 'Save' - 'Yes' --> Save the data and then refresh into new form with the Log Number(Primary Key) increase to the next number No issue on the 'No' function. Pls help. Thank you. Private Sub SaveData_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SaveData_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Exit_SaveData_Click: Exit Sub Err_SaveData_Click: MsgBo...

Saving chart as an image file
I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then save it as an image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it on a website. How do I do this? Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data labels? I want to change them from the default (numbers) to my own description for each slice. Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for exporting a chart in gif format: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008 To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. It's a free add-in that yo...

How to combine/consolidate data
Hi, I am about to create an Excel file that should be used by custmers to place orders. On the first sheet, I would like to have a summary of the entire order, so the customer can see what he ordered. All data is organized in same sort of tables accross several sheets - each sheet representing different product group. So, lets say I have table organized like below: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Product Price Order Prod1 10 1 Prod2 20 Prod3 20 2 And I have several of such tables on different sheets corresponding to each prodcut category. Now, on the first sheet, I w...

Traspose Column data into Row
Hi, I want to transpose column data in to row. I have seen many posts (using INDEX or OFFSET functions) but all these solution assume a fixed block of data to be transposed, My problem is that the data i have not only has variable blocks to be transposed but also has some duplicate headings(headings are duplicate but the data in front of each heading has different value. Below is the example of data Col A Col B Col C PRODUCT COST COMPONENT COST$ A Raw Mat 10 A D L ...

Save or Export to CSV
Hello, I have a macro that i recorded that is intended to export (save) data from the active worksheet within a workbook to a CSV file. The problem i'm having is that the macro is saving the entire workbook to a CSV. My file name is even changing. Following is the code: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Sub SaveAsCSV() ' ' SaveAsCSV Macro ' Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveSheet.SaveAs Filename:= _ "Z:\Timesheet\Time Sheet 2009.csv" _ , FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False Applic...

Public Folders: "Document not saved"
Infrastructure Background: Exchange 2000 running on Windows Server 2000 Desktop: Windows Professional 2000 with Outlook 2000 client. Problem: People are receiving the following error message whilst trying to save Office documents into a Public Folder: "The disc is full. Free some space on this drive or save document on another disc. Try one of the following: Close any unneeded windows or save the document on another disc" Investigation reveals: 1) The is over 80GB of free disk space on the server the Public Folder data is stored on 2) The people concerned have suffient permiss...

how to create row with data
imagine i have two rows: name and color: mary blue ken brown will blue what i want is having, in another row, just the names that have blue eyes, like mary will thank you On Mon, 11 May 2009 17:26:04 -0700, rafael <rafael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >imagine i have two rows: name and color: >mary blue >ken brown >will blue > >what i want is having, in another row, just the names that have blue eyes, >like >mary >will Like: mary will or like: mary will ???? ty i have excel 2000 what i want is all names in a single row, wi...

data import and word templates missing from CRM
Hi. I'm working with a new install of CRM and there are some icons missing in the setttings area such as the import function on the data management page and word templates under templates. Any ideas about why this is? Thanks. ...

linked files
When I open a file it says it is linked to another file. When I check the links it is linked to a file I no longer have. How do I find where the link is coming from and get rid of it. Going to the Edit Links doesn't seem to get rid of the file. Charlie C Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility .. It's available at Stephen Bullen's page: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Def�ault.htm -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Charlie 5280" <Charlie 5280@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data
Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device. We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchan...

cant open a link from an email
i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click on a link in the email i get a error that says: "This opperation has been cancled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" i have look into the zone settings and cant get this fixed. any help to get this to work would be appriciated. jmilner@iconicnetworks.com <jmilner@iconicnetworks.com> wrote: > i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click > on a link in the email i get a error that says: > "This opperation has been...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Bytes in Data Page Row
I am reading a book titled "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Internals". In Chapter 6, which was authored by Kalen Delaney, Kimberly Tripp, and Paul Randall, the following table and Clustered Index is created: CREATE TABLE Employee( EmployeeID INT NOT NULL IDENTITY, LastName NCHAR(30) NOT NULL, FirstName NCHAR(29) NOT NULL, MiddleInitial NCHAR(1) NULL, SSN CHAR(11) NOT NULL, OtherColumns CHAR(258) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Junk') GO ALTER TABLE Employee ADD CONSTRAINT EmployeePK PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (EmployeeID) GO It states on page 321 of the aforementione...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...