Saving in Excel #3

I have a problem that just started last week. When I modify a cell with new
text I cannot save the file until I click off the cell. I used to be able to
click save without clicking off the box. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

The save icon is still enabled for me when I'm editting a cell.  (I use xl2003.)

You could try resetting the standard toolbar:

tools|customize|toolbars tab
select the Standard toolbar
click reset

be aware that any customized changes you've made to that toolbar will have to be
recreated.

======
If that doesn't help, how about a test:

Close excel
windows start button|run
type:
excel /safe
and hit enter

Start typing and see if the Save icon is enabled.

Maybe there's something else happening.

--

Dave Peterson
0

SQL 2005 Saving Stored Procedures and Saving / Implementation
I am not totally familiar with the proper terminology and I really appreciate help with the following problem: My two databases, originally from a third party, have over 250 stored procedures each. I have changed about 150 of them in one database. Due to the testing and implementation requirements of the application, I need to save these stored procedures from the one database, restore the two databases according to what I received from the third party, and then implement my stored procedure changes onto the two restored databases. Any suggestions as to easiest and most foolpro...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Formula Question #3
I have a spreadsheet that I'm working on that tracks employee attendance. A sample is included below: A B C D 1 Name 06/07/04 Final Warning Attendance 2 Name 08/21/03 Warning Tardy 3 Name 12/04/02 Warning Attendance 4 Name 09/16/02 Counsel Tardy 5 Name 08/05/02 Counsel Attendance Is there a formula that will tell me how many instances an employee was on an Attendance or Tardy disciplinary step of Final Warning, Warning ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

Save As #6
After opening excel, try to do a "save as" and it always want to go back and save in XLSTART directory, rather than where all the excel work is saved. Please tell me what I have to tell Excel to only pull from XLSTART at the beginning but save as where it says in the options section. Maybe I'm not following but when you do a Save As Excel always defaults to the path the workbook was opened from. The Default File Location sets the current path when Excel starts but the current path follows each Open or Save As. -- Jim "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.co...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

windows xp service pack 3
error-model Flash 10c ocx nersion v 1534 win 5.1 2600 2 (service pack 3) IE 8.0o6001.18702 Base 76F0000,001B falsh0c This keeps poppen up and shuts me down. What is it and how can I fix it. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general -- ~Robear Dyer ...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Excel Crash

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...

please help #3
In Money 2003, when I receive payment on an invoice, it automatically records it to my register. Is there any way around this? The reason is that I like to make one large deposit, and I want this large deposit to show in my register, not the individual ones. Thanks!! .. ...

What kind of savings instrument is this?
Forgive me: this is not really an Excel question. But I know there are a lot of savvy financial people lurking in these newsgroups. I hope one of you will be kind enough to respond. Someone described the following savings alternative offered by a bank. I cannot find any information on their web site. Can someone tell me what kind of a savings instrument this is ...? You contribute a fixed amount each month over a finite period (e.g, 5 years) for a fixed APR. You pay a penalty for early withdrawal. I am not sure about any other details about the plan. In fact, that is what I am looking...

SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0
What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet article on this? We will be applying SQL 2005 Service Pack 1. Thanks, Eric Sabo There really aren't any. If you read the Implementation Guide, there are a few extra config steps related to SRS for 2005, but that is it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%237cImzytGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet a...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

Urgent! How to prevent Saving with VBA Visio?
Hi there, I am working on a small application in VBA Visio and i want to know i there's any way to prevent saving the document, as it exists in VB Word? As for example: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub Or something like that? with visio, the routine "BeforeDocumentSave" does not have the argumen "Cancel". Is there any one who can help me? Thanks a lot in advance! : -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.i...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

Tracking an email when sent directly from Excel
I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. However I can never find any record of this in Outlook, or anywhere else. Is there a way so this gets recorded in Outlook, or can you tell me where I can find some record of the email and its contents. Thank you, On May 18, 7:23=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) > when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. =A0However I can never find any > record of this in Outloo...