Saving Formatting in Pivot Tables

When I changed formatting in a pivot table, it returns to
the default format when I make a change or close the
file.  Generally, in formats like font size, column
width, etc.  Is there a way to save/retain format changes
in pivot tables?

Thank you.

right click in the table and go to the bottom to
select "table options".  It's there.

How to retrieve earlier saved copies of a document 11-22-09
I starting typing over most of an old document. When I went to save the new document, I hit "Save" rather that "Save as." Now I've lost my old document. Is there any way to get it back? In a document that you haven't closed, you can use Undo repeatedly until you get back the original version. If you have saved and closed the document, however, then there is nothing you can do. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C422C7A8-C9F8-480F-A5BD-627AB8BB609F@microsoft.com....

can't save
Write using Word - 2007 - Windows 7 When I try to shut word file down with the red "close" button - Word/Windows will not close. Even after saving the files - the "word document" simply stays open Hope you have some help....I've been frustrated for weeks. Even tried a Word Uninstallment (didn't work) - and tried a COMPLETE Office 2007 Series Uninstall - No luck.... Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Pete firpro1@comcast.net Add the CLOSE command button to your Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &qu...

Save As error 918
I am getting error 918 when trying to save a Visio (2000) organisational flow chart as an Adobe illustrator file type (*.ai). The messgae reads 'An error (918) occurred during action Save As. The filter is unable to recognize the file.' Does any one have any ideas how tio overcome this? ...

where can i get a excel league table template?
for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70B7EB1-F42D-4B54-9E9C-76F4394B34FC@microsoft.com... > for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games ...

Help formating
I have cells which can accpet percentages and currency values my questions is when i enter a value <1 i want the cell to format as % if the value is >1 then i want it to be currency. can some one help me out i cant do this using condityional formating. any one have ideas ??? Regards, Alexandre Use a custom format instead: Format/Cell/Number/Custom [<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00 You don't say what should happen if the value is =1. I assumed currency format. In article <1122487381.944331.179000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutio...

Contact Email address format
Hi! I'm trying to programmatically access the my contacts from outlook, which I did using the following code: var outlookApplication = new ApplicationClass(); NameSpace mapiNamespace = outlookApplication.GetNamespace("MAPI"); MAPIFolder searchFolder = mapiNamespace.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts); The problem is that any email address (Email1Address) retrieved which is connected to the same local Microsoft exchange server is retrieved in the following format: /o=First Organization/ou=Exchange A...

Custom Format : Gb/Mb/kb/bytes : Need help debugging command
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to format a few series of bytes as something that is a little more legible, and truncating the number of decimal points. While the link 'Local Tips on Custom Formatting eg.' (http://www.exceltip.com/st/Formatting_numbers_according_to_criteria_in_Microsoft_Excel/71.html) has been a great aid in getting the general drift of how to write the custom format strings, it doesn't aid debugging something that errors. I have the following line: > [<1099511627776]((#,##0.000)/1099511627776)" > TB";[<1073741824]((#,##0.000)/1073741824)"...

Why does -1, -1, and 2 equal 4 in a pivot table
Trying to do a pivot table to calculate processing time using Beginning Inventory + Received - Ending Inventory. Used formulas to 'Reverse' Ending inventory thinking I could do a Pivot table on the results however the Pivots appear to be using the absolute values. Confirmed this using Drill down to review the data and the values are no longer showing the negative signs. ...

show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer
show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:21:02 -0700, pat <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer details plze: outlook 3002 ? 5001 ? express ? backup add-in ? Youve checked properties of your pst or a folder? By Default its the same location as your default pst "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8959EA3C-A4FF-4D43-8168-47E448A4F96A@microsoft.com... > show me the path of auto archive save at in the computer ...

Formatting Percentages Redux
Ages ago I asked a question about formatting percentages (specifically in TextBox controls on a UserForm) to display a plus or minus sign as appropriate - something that the 'FormatPercent' function doesn't support. I received a most helpful answer from either Jay or Doug - I've slept a few times since then and can't remember exactly who it was - describing a method for using the basic 'Format' function to meet my needs, and things have been working a treat ever since. Until now... Here's the situation. I need a method whereby percentage values...

Saving as PDF with multiple pages per sheet?
When I go to "Page Setup" then "Advanced" there is an option for "Multiple pages per sheet". I'm trying to get 9 business cards on one page. I'm able to do that with the advanced setting in "Page Setup". However, "Page Setup" appears to only be for when printing. How can I take (or recreate) the page setup I created so that my actual document looks the same, so that I can then save it as a PDF with 9 business cards showing on one page? What size are your cards? If you manually arrange the cards then they should be ...

Macro to auto save file using the format YYMM
Hi, I recorded a macro that automatically saves a file then change the formula in cell A1 to today's date, ie =today(), then save the file. I have a problem with the last part...is there any way I can set the macro such that the file will be saved as "c:\YYMM ABC" where 'YYMM' is the format of the date (probably can be taken from cell A1) and 'ABC' is my own file name? Thanks! You can get the date right in the code: dim myFileName as string myfilename = "C:\" & format(date,"yymm") & " ABC.xls" activeworkbook.saveas fi...

Retrieve tables from web with variable URL
Hello, This URL http://www.bibf.be/ipc/tamenu.asp has a field "postcode", asking for a 4-digit entry and leading to the links of all members of that postal code when all other inputs are omitted. The visible URL in the URL bar , however , remains unchanged. I have a list in Excel with several postal codes e.g. 2200 2500 2222 3000 for which I want to retrieve the members tot list them up on a worksheet. I know enough VBA to do that if I only knew the key to build that postal code into the URL. Is there a way to do that? Thank you very much for any help. Herman ...

Matching data from one table and copy them to another
Hi, I have two Excel tables. Table 1 contains list of animals and their description in two columns. Table 2 contains list of animals and results of a test. Not all animals from Table 1 mach the animals in Table 2, but most of them do. I have to link those two tables in a way that test result from table 2 appears in Table 1 Column 3 but of course I must use animal ID column as a reference to match data. How can I do this? It's always a good idea to reveal ranges... That said... Table1 = A2:B100 Table2 = F2:G200 In D2 enter & copy down: =MATCH(A2,$F$2:$F$100,0) In C2 enter &am...

format differnet widths columns and rows for different pages
I would like to know how you can have different formatting for row and colunm widths on different pages; is this possible and if so how do you do it?? You could use VBA to change the column.width for a worksheet..... if you were talking about that? -- Dnereb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486499 By "pages" do you mean printed pages on one worksheet? On each Excel worksheet th...

Graph formatting
I would like to shade the area on a line graph between 10-80 different from below 10 and above 80. How can this be accomplished? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Mike Williams" <Mike Williams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22145446-3406-4186-BA7B-031BF3AA2EA3@microsoft.com... >I would like to shade the area on a line graph between 10-80 different from > below 10 and above 80. How ...

linking two tables in query
I'm trying to link two tables using an ODBC table in query. Not all records in the left table have an entry in the right table. I've tried all combinations of the link properties but I either get only those records that have entries in both tables or each record in the left table duplicated by the number of records in the right table. Any advice gratefully received --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi there You need to create the link in Query by dragging one field onto the other, then double-click on the link line. You'll either want option 2 or option ...

Default formatting of an inserted bookmark
Please assist. I have several titles in appendices that I refer to in a document (Appendix 2.1, Appendix 4.2, Appendix 4.7, etc.). The appendix headings have a different style associated with them than the body of the text. When I insert the bookmark reference to the appendix, the body of my text adopts the style of my appendix heading. This is not desirable. (The path I’m using is: Insert/Reference/Cross-Reference/Reference type: Bookmark/Insert reference to: Bookmark text with the Insert as hyperlink checked. While I can reapply formatting, I will be using this document a...

Font Formats
When I type a particular word (MERLIN) into a cell in uppercase, it reverts to lower case (Merlin). Why, and how do I stop it? On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:21:06 -0800, "Enti" <coline@palletline.co.uk> wrote: >When I type a particular word (MERLIN) into a cell in uppercase, it reverts to lower case (Merlin). Why, and how do I stop it? Take a look in Tools -> AutoCorrect. Chances are that there's an entry for the word MERLIN which converts it to proper case. Jsst delete that entry. --------------------------------------------------------- Hank Scorpio scorpionet who hate...

inserting line that runs between columns in a table

applyng a multiple header row across pages in default table style
Hello, I want to set up the default table format on an RTF document that will take the fist 2 rows in my table and repeat them as a header on all the pages the table extends to. so I need to know 2 things 1. how do i edit the default table style 2. is it possible to set the first 2 rows as the header. the data in my table is generated automatically and I don't know in advance how big it will be. thank you 1. Use the Modify Style dialog box to modify a table style in Word. The exact steps depend on your version of Word. 2. As far as I know, this is not possible in...

DateTime format in ConditionExpression
Hi, I'm trying to write a method to retrieve multiple leads by date. But when I add datetime condition expression, an error appers: "0x80040203 Invalid argument Platform". Am I doing something wrong? The code is ConditionExpression condition3 = new ConditionExpression(); condition3.AttributeName = "createdon"; condition3.Operator = ConditionOperator.LessEqual; condition3.Values = new object [] {(DateTime.Now.AddHours(-24)).ToString()}; -- Best regards, Alexander Baskakov Hi Alexander, Use the "s" ...

Opening a Word file which was previously saved but is now too large
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have been working on a WORD document for several weeks, including images as well as text. I saved the doc as usual, but now when trying to open I get the message that WORD cannot now open the file because it is bigger than 32 megabytes. How can I recover this work? Any help appreciated! ...

Currency Format not working
Control Source: =Format([Forms]![MedicalForm]![frmMSsubform].[Form]. [txtAcctTotal],"Currency") Format: $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)[Red] I have also tried the following Control Source: =Format([Forms]![MedicalForm]![frmMSsubform].[Form]. [txtAcctTotal],"$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)[Red]") In both cases, the Color is NOT Red when the value is negative. Can someone explain why? On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:50:05 -0800 (PST), iamnu <iamnubw@gmail.com> wrote: >Control Source: =Format([Forms]![MedicalForm]![frmMSsubform].[Form]. >[txtAcctTotal],"Currency") &...

How can I format a multi-sheet workbook from A4 to letter without.
I receive multi-sheet workbooks from our office overseas. They use A4 paper to print and I need to manually change each sheet to print it. Is there a quicker way? Like the old Global function in Lotus? Perhaps a macro? if you are changing entire sheets or the same amount/size of cells in every sheet, you can select those particualer cells, then hold down "ctrl" and click they sheets you want to format. if you are selecting, say, A1:F19 then you use my trick it will format those cells in all the selected sheets. "Catch101" wrote: > I receive multi-sheet workbooks...