Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?

Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer
using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office
97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work
i geta  message stating that the file was created on xp
and some latest features may be missing. How i can save
so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually
do it?

Thanks in advance
0
etracing (1)

I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to
use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be
of no consequence.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Mena <etracing@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer
> using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office
> 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work
> i geta  message stating that the file was created on xp
> and some latest features may be missing. How i can save
> so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually
> do it?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
twogilvy (1078)
10/12/2003 4:03:18 PM
I was curious so I just tested this by creating a file in xp2002 and then
opening, on the same computer, that file in xl97sr2. I did NOT get the
message cited. Maybe its due to the setting in tools>general>transition>save
as being set to microsoft excel workbook.??

"Mena" <etracing@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer
> using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office
> 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work
> i geta  message stating that the file was created on xp
> and some latest features may be missing. How i can save
> so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually
> do it?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Don

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel 97 #9

Excel button problem

Linking files 2 ways

File size #11

find action on log file

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Maximum file sizes

using the journal on outlook

C-RunTime or Win32
This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library functions or Win32 Functions? e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for read or open as append for write, what is its path, directory, extension, file attributes, etc. Now, all these taks, we need in our every projects, and hence I hace this question, that CRTL or Win32. Thanks for your vital views. Tom Alter wrote: > This is a big question I always get in my mind, that Should I use C-Run Time Library > functions or Win32 Functions? > e.g. A simple task, open a file, if exist, open for r...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

outlook 97 and express email problems

learning Excel #3