saving Excel custom workbook as template

I use Office XP with Excel 2002. For the year I have customized
workbook and sheets to keep my books. I want to be able to use the sam
setup with next year's books. How do I save the workbook with only th
format and formulas that I have created without saving the data; as
blank template to use again?  I have 4 workbooks that I have linked t
be used together.
Last year I just copied them and "manually deleted" the data to star
over, but that was a pain.... surely there is a better way.
thanks in advance for any help.
donna:confused

Hi
to delete all the manual entered values try:
- hit F5
- click 'Special'
- choose 'Constants'
- hit the DEL key

Now save your workbook as template (*.xlt file)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"meiypeke >" <<meiypeke.19pmcu@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:meiypeke.19pmcu@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I use Office XP with Excel 2002. For the year I have customized a
> workbook and sheets to keep my books. I want to be able to use the
same
> setup with next year's books. How do I save the workbook with only
the
> format and formulas that I have created without saving the data; as a
> blank template to use again?  I have 4 workbooks that I have linked
> be used together.
> Last year I just copied them and "manually deleted" the data to start
> over, but that was a pain.... surely there is a better way.
> thanks in advance for any help.
> donna:confused:
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Filtering Rows in Excel?
Hi I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. As I understand it the filter functions on Excel are specific to columns. Any suggestions appreciated. Peter You could Transpose to Columns. If you have fewer than 256 rows to filter in this manner, you could: Copy the range to filter. Go to a new sheet. Edit | Paste Special | Transpose Then, you will have Columns instead of rows, and you can use the AutoFilter. tj "Peter W" wrote: > Hi > I have a colleague who wishes to filter across a row and not a column. > > As I understand it the fil...

sort option is greyed out in excel
Sort option is greyed out in excel 2000 premium edition. I am using windows 2000 pro and I have just formated my hard drive after my pc crashed. So I installed everything from scratch. Did I left something out? Do I have to install something else? I just can't get the sort option to work. I will really appreciate any help Thank you Gabriela Hi Gabriela check that the worksheet is not protected - tools / protection, and unprotect sheet (if it is an option). let us know if this solves the problem Cheers JulieD "donleyga" <donleyga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

IF/AND formulas within excel
Hi there, Could anybody please help me with a formula i am trying to enter into my excel spreadsheet. i have two sets of variables "a" and "b" which are related to each other. Using a seperate formula I obtain "c" What i would like to do is apply 1 of 4 equations to "c" depending on the value of "a" and "b". if "a">0 and "b">0 then "c" stays as it is "a"<0 and "b">0 then minus"c" from 360 "a">0 and "b"<0 then minus"c&q...

Can I have more than 255 characters in Chart "Values" of Excel 2k?
Basically put, when I'm trying to graph specific values from a very large and complex spreadsheet, I can't use all the cells I need to use because the X Values: and Y Values: are truncated at 255 characters. Is there any sort of fix for this? Excel has a specification limit of 255 data series in a chart Not sure I could read with much more than 10! -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lloyd Benson" <Lloyd Benson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E197374-9397-4B23-9F3C-9D79F75E04FB@microsoft.com... > Basicall...

Compile Error in Hidden Module
What are some common causes for the following error message: Compile Error in Hidden Module - This Workbook Thanks, Tony Hi have you installed an addin?. Try disabling your addins and check which one creates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tony Bender" <tony_bender@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7caab052.0409240819.5ea5c846@posting.google.com... > What are some common causes for the following error message: > > Compile Error in Hidden Module - This Workbook > > Thanks, > > Tony ...

WORD 2007 Template with VBA
Hi Folks, I have a template that I use to capture input from users who are requesting a scan. That template worked fine under 2003 and I was able to get it to run in 2007. However, when I tried to recreate the functionality starting from scratch in WORD 2007 I had problems. I have some VBA code that I use to interrogate an ancillary file which contains a number. I increment that number by one and place it into the Word document. Then I used content controls to prompt the user for information. When I "Open" the .dotm file all of the content controls and legacy c...

Change language in Excel 97
Hi, I'm trying to run spell-check for Norweigan in Excel 97, but do not have the option to change the language (it is set to English as default). Is there any add-ins that I need to have installed? How can I change the spellcheck language (or the default language)? Thanks for all help.... Brgds Lena ...

How to set cell validation in excel using name range?
I have 2 worksheets in my workbook. First worksheet has name range (for example a1:b5 name = valName). In another worksheet I want to create cell validation as combobox by using value from range name "valName" in first worksheet as it source. How can I do that in C#? ...

Excel Pivot Table Refresh Question
Hi, I hope there is someone that can help me with another question regarding refreshing Pivot tables I have a spreadsheet with: -Some worksheets storing lookup information and a data input sheet -A worksheet containing pivot tables showing results from the input and lookup sheets -A report worksheet with a summary of the data using Vlookup on the Pivot tables worksheet, and performing additional calculations on this pivot table derived data. Whenever someone uses the report worksheet the data should be refreshed from the Pivot tables as this is going to be a shared workbook with possibly onl...

Printing Excel Objects in Publisher 2002
I have copied objects from an excel work sheet into my Publisher file, but when I go to print the file the object prints the grid lines which were disabled in the original excel file am I doing something wrong. It is a flip/flop bug, with no fix. Some people have this issue, others don't - why? - nobody knows. Fortunately I don't. -- ...

Excel Document of 2.5mb takes up to 20min to open up
Finally I have found the cure, basically it was caused by a corrupted EMF file which used up to 100% of a CPU and the Spooler is in a never ending loop. Fix: 1) Do a search for *.emf files (they will be found in the Temp directory) 2) If there are any then this is probably the cause - delete them all 3) Boot to an alternate install of NT and delete the *.shd and *.spl file from the Spool folder. 4) If you have a multi-processor, you can pause the printer and delete the files. After deleting all the *.emf files, which took me almost 15min (20000 files) I tested the Excel doc and it opened up...

How do I make a custom formula for Excel?
I use excel for my checkbook register and I have a budget that "runs" beside it to keep a monthly track of everything in the same worksheet. I want to write a formula that would take, for instance, my gasoline purchases from the checkbook, then place and continue to add up the monthly gasoline purchases in the budget column. I know very little about formulas. Right now, I manually add up all the rows that say Gas for the month and place them into the budget line. I appreciate your assistance. There are a variety of ways to create cums for budgets, depending on how you hav...

create printable form that has data from excell document insertet
I have information on pay for my employees on an excell spreadsheet. I need to create a form that looks like a check stub that i can print with this information in it each week to give to the employee. (the excell information needs to be merged into the pay form)? Creating forms in Excel can be rather tedious, as you've probably realized. Also, to create something that would spit out numerous duplicate looking pages would require that the 'form' be replicated in Excel once for each employee. A better way would be to create the form in Microsoft Word as a Mail Merge docume...

How do you link drop down lists in excel?
I have a drop down list that that I want to link each item to a another drop downlist. The items in the list are items that each have 3 different prices and I want to have those appear as a dropdown list when u select it. Check out this link to Debra Dalgleish's web page on the subject of dependent lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Angel aAlegria" <Angel aAlegria@discussions.micr...

Email template not available for email entity?
When an email drops into a queue, we would like to use an HTML reply. The workflow email doesn't seem to support this when we try to paste HTML , and the template pull-down from the Actions -> Send Email does not display any templates, when an entity type of "Email" is selected in the Workflow Manager. What am I missing here? It would seem you would want to send an email in HTML format if for nothing other than to appear you came from this century. -- Bob Fletcher Hi All, As it turns out, this is s limitation of 3.0 according to MS Support. -- Bob Fletcher "B...

Outlook Template #3
I am trying to create a template to use to automatically reply to senders who submit their resume to our company. When I try to save the template I get the following error message: "Internal MAPI error: An invalid parameter was passed to a MAPI function. Contract your administrator." Does anyone know why? Thanks! Hi Jennifer, please look here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272062 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Jennifer" <anonymous@discussions....

Charts created in Excel 2003 are not showing up in excel 2007
I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will display? "RLang07" wrote: > I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 > but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will > display? I had this exact problem when I upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 on my Vista (Home Premium) system. I couldn't work out what the problem was and had given up trying to solve it... However, I somehow managed to fix...

Excel 2002 Unhide Columns Shortcut??
In Office XP in Excel I can not select two columns it automaticall expands the selection to include the Merged Row above it which includes all th columns below - not just the two I selected. When I select just tw cells the right click does not include the option to "Unhide" or "Hide". have to go to the format menu, select column and select "Unhide" or "Hide". Is there a way to select columns without including the merged row within the spreadsheet? Is there a shortcut to "Hide" or "UnHide" with a righ click or keyboard shortcu...

Change default to Excel 2000 when 2007 installed
Hi, I ahve both Excel 200 and 2007 installed on my PC and whilst I'm learning 2007, I want Excel 2000 to be my default program when opening Excel .XLS files. Is there a way to do this please? Thanks, Rob Since 2007 has decided it wants to be the default, de-register 2007 and re-register 2000 Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /unregserver See the space between exe and /unregserver. Then register 2000 Start>Run "C:\yourpathto2000\excel.exe" /regserver This process should make...

custom receipt xml file
In my customization, I created new receipt template xml and need to store that to database during installation. Anyone know how to do that? I am using vb.net. I know in RMS, Receipt table contains this information, but the template field is a "ntext" type, what is really stored in those field? What is the code to do that? Any suggestions/helps are appreciated. Leanne ...

Can I set up a template for essay using the MLA format?
I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one or the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? I'd suggest Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cwshjf" <cwshjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D2A2DC-D994-4B7A-BF9D-0496BAE0CF91@microsoft.com... > I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one > or > the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? As JoAnn stated, Word is more suite...

How do I shuffle a group of cells randomly in Excel?
generally this is achieved via the use of a "helper"column - another column adjacent to what you want to sort where you type in a function to generate random numbers (e.g. =ROUND(RAND()*100,0) ) and then you change this column from a formula to values (copy it, select it again - edit / paste special - values) and then you sort of this column to get a "random" sort. The column can be deleted once you've sorted. Cheers JulieD "golfmoab" <golfmoab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF26C8FE-432C-40B2-9632-F74DCF1AD70B@microsoft.com...

Excel List of Email Addresses
Hi - I have a single-column list of about 200 email addresses for our club. I need to send a simple text email to all of them, using Outlook Express (1st choice) or Outlook. Is there an easy way to convert this list of addresses into a format that OE will recognize, without copying and pasting them individually? If not, any suggestions for a Plan B? Thanks very much for your help, Jenny. Hi Jenny, Ron de Bruin has sample code which you should be able to adapt to your needs: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm --- Regards, Norman "Jenny" <jwilliams644@hotmail...

Excel 2007 CF Multiple criteria
I've always thought CF was one of the more understandable tools used in Excel. Until now. Using Excel 2007. Trying to hilight a cell if it's contents are the same as another cell (Lets say A1 same as B1.). Also want to ignore the CF rule if either cell is blank. It's driving me bonkers. Ideas? TIA. Pierre Select A1:B1 Home tab/conditional formatting / highlight rules /duplicates works a treat best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Pierre" <cowguy@aol.com> wrote in message news:96eb3105-8017-4e7f-817...

customizing outlook today #3
When I click on Customize Outlook Today.. nothing happens. I have left clicked, right clicked and nothing. I am working with Office 2000 and it does the same thing on all 3 of my computers. I have all of the current updates. Any thoughts? ...