Saving as web page

When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to
set the page to fit within a full screen view.  I have
some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the
formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on
all of them, but that doesn't seem to help.

Can I set the format to do this?

Jeff
0
anonymous (74722)

How can I retain leading zeroes when saving as a CSV file?
I use a MS Query to pull address data from an ERP package. This data includes a numeric “location code”. These location codes are 4 digits, and some have leading zeroes. I then take the resulting .xls spreadsheet, do some subtle formatting, and then save as a .csv for uploading to a web server. I need to retain the leading zeroes so that when data comes back to the ERP from the web, the location code is four digits. I’ve tried formatting the location code as text, in hopes that the conversion to .csv will retain the zero. No luck. Is there anything else I should try? Change file...

Ctrl Page Down/Up
I'm moving back and forth in a spread sheet, using Ctrl Page Up or Ctrl Page Down.... On some of the sheets, when I do this, it does not move to the next or previous page, but instead just moves the current sheet down a bunch of rows, or over a bunch of columns. what am I doing incorrectly? For me, the control page up/down will tab me through worksheets. Which excel do you have? "carrera" wrote: > I'm moving back and forth in a spread sheet, using Ctrl Page Up or Ctrl Page > Down.... > > On some of the sheets, when I do this, it does not move to the ne...

cannot save the date
I am at a loss why i cant save the todays date.On my form i have a control called LastUpdated.It is set to day/time and to a short date.I want to save the present date by the following: Me!LastUpdated = Now RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name However the field lastUpdated stays blank and does not show the present date. What may be the reason ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:47:14 GMT, "peljo via AccessMonster.com" <u19312@uwe> wrote: >I am at a los...

can I automatically insert a page break after subtotals in Excel?
Trying to take a large sheet of data, subtotal and print separate sheet for each subtotaled group without manually inserting page break before printing. Using Excel 2002. thanks Hi Teri when you do your subtotals, check the box for inserting a page break between groups "Teri" wrote: > Trying to take a large sheet of data, subtotal and print separate sheet for > each subtotaled group without manually inserting page break before printing. > Using Excel 2002. thanks ...

Outlook XP
Whenever I receive files (even txt) the only option is to save them - I do I revert back so I have to the option of opening or saving? Thanks, J Have you edited the Level1Remove registry key or are you using a tool to edit it? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply addr...

Excel should undo/redo after saving a file--just like Word.
Excel does not allow to Undo/Redo previous actions after the file has been saved. In other words, if the user has made changes to the file, but wants to keep the previous version and forgets to rename the file and clicks the save button, the user cannot utilize the Undo/Redo options to go back and correct this. On the other hand, Word does allow this. Why doesn't Excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you d...

Update Page During Hyperlink
Is there a way to update a page while doing a hyperlink? I have a page that depending on what the value is on page one (with the hyperlink) page two either hides or shows certain rows. If I switch pages choosing sheet tabs it works perfect. When I use a hyperlink the page does not update. Thanks to anyone who can help. Dave --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Not exactly sure this is what you're after but this code will fire if you click on a hyperlink in Sheet1 (go to sheet2). rightclick on tab of sheet1 and goto view code - paste. jeff Private Sub Worksheet_...

How to Mail Merge from the Web Client
Can anyone please detail to me if and how you mail merge a doc from the web client ( using .Net code i guess) ? i know that mail merge is feasable only by the Outlook client; in the Web client, using GUI drop down menu there's only the Email merge. Anyway i would like to mail merge an excel file from the web client of the MS. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Gianluca You could write a .Net page that does Word automation to implement a web-based merge process. There are examples of doing this (not from CRM) on the web. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---...

Insert blank page following page-sized shape?
I created a cover using a page-sized rectangular shape, so I could fill a color. Now I can't figure out how to add any pages below the cover page. If I insert a new page, it appears before my cover. I tried page breaks, section breaks. Any suggestions? Did you try starting with two white pages, then add your rectangle to the first? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "adolpet" <adolpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA64EA71-7BFF-4373-9FD2-8570DF19ABB9@microsof...

Show Pages of Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 had an option called Show Pages for Pivot Tables which created a copy of the pivot table for each item in the Page category. Ths option is no longer available (or not appearantly available). Is anyone aware of how to replicate this option in excel 2003? On the PivotTable toolbar, select PivotTable> Show Pages Denis wrote: > Excel 2000 had an option called Show Pages for Pivot Tables which created a > copy of the pivot table for each item in the Page category. Ths option is no > longer available (or not appearantly available). Is anyone aware of how to > r...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #2
HI I HAVE A PROBLEM OF OPENING EXCEL FILE FROM NT SAVER (LAN), THE FOLOWING ERROR MASSAGE APEARS, THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFOMED AN ILLIGAL OPERATION AND THE WINDOW WILL SHUT DOWN. BUT OTHER EXCEL FILES FROM THE SAME SAVER ARE OPENING WITHOUT A PROBLE THIS IS THE PROBLEM DETAI EXCEL caused an invalid page fault i module EXCEL.EXE at 017f:302b8dbf Registers EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=302b8dbf EFLGS=0001024 EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=0062cc08 EBP=0062cc7 ECX=0068dc28 DS=0187 ESI=00000011 FS=4cc EDX=00000001 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=000 Bytes at CS:EIP 8b 40 30 3b c7 0f 85 e8 4d e5 ff 57 e8 52 0d d9 St...

Displaying and Saving image to an automated filename
I'm using EzVidCap activex which saves a webcam stream as a still image (.dib) using this code: Private Sub Command1_Click() ezVidCap1.SaveDIB "C:\Pic.dib" Image1.Picture = "C:\Pic.dib" End Sub What I would like to do is change/separate this into two command buttons: 1) cmdDisplayImage: Displays/transfers a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control in an image or OLE box (not sure which one is best) - preferably without having to save it to a file first. 2) cmdSaveImage: Saves the displayed image in a filename like: GuestID_FirstName_LastName_DateofPhoto.dib (or j...

Saving Outlook Express Folders
I need to save my Outlook Express folders to my hard drive (Inbox, Sent Items, etc). I've done this before, but I can't remember how. Can somebody help? I use OE 6. I need to download a new version of OE because mine seems to be corrupted and I don't want to lose the folders I've made. Thanks! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.out...

Saving Bond Wizard. Old Versions I Could Copy the data
I have program from the US Goverment Called Saving Bond Wizard. Old Versions I Could Copy the data to Excel or Word, I cannot with office 2003. I have installed the convert pack. Help! You can export the data in csv format. (File>Export) Then, in Excel, choose File>Open For 'files of type' select Text files Select your Saving bond wizard export file, click Open sbwizard wrote: > I have program from the US Goverment Called Saving Bond Wizard. Old Versions > I Could Copy the data to Excel or Word, > I cannot with office 2003. I have installed the convert pack. Help...

Web query and special characters
Hello, I have a simple HTML data dump which has special characters: ������ In the HTML source I placed <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> When I download this table, all the accents are translated into unprintable characters. I know there are macros which remove these unprintable characters, but then the word in uncomplete c�digo gets downloaded as cädigo and cleaned up it turns into cdigo. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks This was fixed by changing the meta tag to <meta HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTE...

How do I change "PAGE 1" characteristics in page break?
The page break generates the "PAGE 1, PAGE 2", ect., as big, grey letters in the middle of the page. How can I change the look and placement of them. I find it hard to read what I've typed when the "PAGE 1" letters and numbers appear over the text. Hi d- What you are referring to only appears when you are in Page Break Preview. Go to View>Normal for working with your content. HTH |:>) "dmtaurus" wrote: > The page break generates the "PAGE 1, PAGE 2", ect., as big, grey letters in > the middle of the page. How can I change the...

I Need Help Saving Print Settings
I print alot of different saved documents everyday. Each document has to have its own print settings. For example, some files i need to print RGB Standard, others I need to print CMYK Enhanced, etc. It would really be helpful if these print settings would save to each file, and print the same way every time i open it, without having to change the print settings every time. I have tried to save the settings, but it seems that no matter what every time I open these files, Publisher and my print settings, will keep the same settings as the previous document. I am printing to a Xerox 7750. ...

Can't save attachments
Attachments- OE removed access to the following unsafe attchments in your mail: "Attachment's name" the attchment is there, but unable to view it in-line or save it to disk was working fine until just updated both windows 2000 and xp prof. through windows update. i assume the update did something to outlook express. outlook express ver: 6.00.2800.1123 can receive e-mails with attachments on xp and 2000, but the paper clip is dulled (not highlighted) so the listed attachment cannot be saved to disk on both xp and 2000. can send attachments to myself from windows xp o...

Error saving to a network drive
The problem is that I cannot save as or save to a Novell network drive. The user has full rights to the folders and it still will not save files. He can save to the local disk but not any network drives. This only happens in Excel not Word. Word works fine. Any suggestions on this??? I also tried logging in as another user on his station and it still won't save a worksheet. Please help!!! Probably need a bit more info from you like which version of Excel, which windows os, and version of Novell. Also very important is what antivirus program is on the server and on the ...

Page Footer
I built a report that has a page footer. In the page footer I have a long horizontal line and 2 short vertical lines, looks like this |__________________| - basically when it prints, it looks like the data is in a box. In the report section, the page footer has "Not with Rpt Ftr". I have a problem if I have less than 39 records, this vertical line is pushed down an inch past the last records. Looks like this: | ZAR 0 0 N | |________________________________________________| It works fine if I...

Please help
Am installing CRM Client on a different machine from CRM server (which is the recommended configuration). On trying to instal CRM client the installer asks: "Type the URL of the Microsoft CRM Server you want to use: e.g. http://crm" When I put in a path for the server software on the other machine - says setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM server components. What do I need to put in the url address for it to locate the server components? Is the server supposed to sit on the internet and be accessible. I have my CRM server in the other machine with SB...

What should I check/uncheck to save usernames and or passswords??
-- Thanks Very Much, Mike "Mike Lomax" <MikeLomax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEFA54E9-E985-407C-B725-94885947A38A@microsoft.com... > > -- > Thanks Very Much, > Mike Where? In what program(s)? -- SC Tom -There's no such thing as TMI when asking for tech support. In news:FEFA54E9-E985-407C-B725-94885947A38A@microsoft.com, Mike Lomax <MikeLomax@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: You're welcome; did you have a question? Mike Lomax wrote: <yep, a blank post> blank body = blank post The ...

How do I automatically save incoming contact details?
I'm using Office 2003 and in particular OUTLOOK. In my time with Outlook Express there was a facility which automatically saved a senders email address in the Address Book but I can't find a similar function in Outlook.How do I address this problem? Surely you jest. I can't imagine anyone would want to save senders addresses automatically. Mercifully, no such feature exists. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bigredpilot" <Bigredpilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:341B2ED9-4B00-48ED-8E48-C8B9E536F092@microsoft.com... > I'm using Office ...

How do I stop warnings of other users when saving workbooks
When I close a workbook the warning pops up this workbook may have been changed by another user since you last saved it Tools>Share Workbook Clear the Allow Changes by more than one user at a time checkbox. "wondering" wrote: > When I close a workbook the warning pops up this workbook may have been > changed by another user since you last saved it ...

How can I save changes to an appointment already in Outlook?
I need to update an appointment made some time ago, but Outlook won't let me do that. It also won't let me delete the appointment and start over. I keep getting the message: You can't save to a read-only file. Can anyone figure this one out? Azaira ...