saving an imported file as xl template

I have an excel template and i imported data from another
application how do i save it to that template?  I do this
everyday.

Thanks
Dakota
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you looking for a macro suggestion?

If yes, then try recording a macro when you do it once.  Post back with some
more details if you get stuck.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Importing text more than 65536 having delimiter functions
Would like to import large text files over 65536 lines onto multiple worksheets with delimiting, pls help Hi Ian this KB article describes a macro which splits the textfile into several worksheets http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 Though written for Excel 95, changes for Excel 97+ are noted HTH Frank Ian wrote: > Would like to import large text files over 65536 lines onto multiple > worksheets with delimiting, pls help Hi Ian here's some code from Bernie Deitrick that I use sometimes (though I rather would split the CSV files in a text editor) ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #4
Removing the =NOW() did the trick. Thanks! Any insight on the other problem? > On a separate matter, some of these files contain "automatic link to > information in another workbook", which causes a popup asking if the > reader wants that information updated. Is there a way to disabl this > at the workbook level, so it defaults to no update (keeping the last > saved information)? I would even be open to a method that "locks the > file (doing away with the links), if that's the only way. Manually > replacing all of them with the data is not really an ...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

MSM2004 Sm Business Invoice Templates
It appears that one cannot adjust the columns in the invoice templates. For example, I need a wider descriptiojn field and a smaller Qty field. BTW, it would be nice if there was a "Date" field (not to be confused with the invoice date). Are there proprietary packages available that one can purchase that will read the invoice data from MSM2004 -- and are more flexible in design? Bill ...

e-mail template -can i add attatchment?
Hello, I would like to make an email template that includes an attatchment that goes with the email everytime. I can't seem to see a place to attatch. Am I really missing something? Thanks, Matt ...

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

Calendar Templates #2
2 Questions One; how do you get a calendar to display an academic year on one page? Two; how do you highlight or put a square or circle around or week on the monthly text boxes on a yearly calendar? What version Publisher? All the calendar options are on the template page if you are using 2007. There are date range, page orientation and applying all the months on one page are in these options. You cannot designate a date range when using all the months on one page. The workaround is to first create a full size calendar with your date range, okay out. Click change template, change the...

The specified image file did not contain a resource section
I've got 1812 (The specified image file did not contain a resource section) error using GetLastError(). My dialog won't show up. Why? How about a small hint as to what code you are using that is causing this error? "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote in message news:%23XFDXepXEHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I've got 1812 (The specified image file did not contain a resource > section) error using GetLastError(). My dialog won't show up. Why? > > > How about a small hint as to what code you are using that is causing this > ...

Import Print Shop files into MS Publisher
Is there any way to import files created in Print Shop into MS Publisher? I need to convert all of my old(er) Print Shop files and am not sure how to accomplish that. Thanks in advance for any info and help. Sigrid What kind of files are you talking about...images? If so, then probably yes, just export (or save) them as standard graphic files. Are you talking about Broderbund's Print Shop? You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, and what is/is-not happening when you try. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web ...

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

Repairinf file and Removing Bills
I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I try i get the following error: There has been an error reading or writing the file... Has anyone else had this issue? In microsoft.public.money, NealT wrote: >I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have >been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I >try i get the following error: > >There has been an error reading or writing the file... I suggest you make a repaire...

PST files
Hello, I have been backing up my laptop Outlook info to PST files each month and I have about 7 of these PST files and erasing some content like email right after each backup so as to keep my main Outlook datafile small for better performance. However, I just learned to understand how AutoArchive works and realize the inconvenience in having so many different files that overlap in data but do have distinct emails and contacts. So I would now like to combine all of them into one big file but I wonder if there is an automated and preferred way to do this and so that this combination/conversion...

Import/export custom attributes
I have something that is driving me nuts. I need to import a custom attribute for 600 plus users and then also modify these from time to time. Right now I just need to do the bulk import. I have the user names in a spreadsheet with this ID and it is unique to the user. I need to import that into the AD for everyone. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. I am USELESS at scripting with VB, and I tried running some csvde queries but not much luck. can someone help?? thanks!! ...

Check Verification data is not saved into the database
A Check tender type has been created with the "Open" Check Verification. It seems to work OK except: 1) Although Driver's License, State and Birth Date are diaplyed on the form in POS the data entered is not saved into the Database. 2) The account Number is masked with X's. Can this be switched off anywhere? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

getting the error when updating file xls file.
Hi. We are using exchange 2003 server and office XP but know we start to Upgrade our office to office 2003 Know we are face problem. When our user try to make changes to file in public folder there can not make the changes it say “file is read only” but that user can make the changes or edit that same file from the P.C were office XP is installed. Do I have to install some patch if yes can you please send that patch because in trying from last two day and I can not find it. Note: If possible can you reply on parag.lopes@madinatjumeirah.com Just a guess... Are you s...

Imported Visual Basic Module
I've imported a module into visual basic editor and have saved it, but can't seem to pull up the macros in excel. thanks. You mean they don't show up in a list of Macros? Maybe it is a Class Module or all macros within the module are Private Private Sub hello_macro() MsgBox "hello" End Sub Will not be listed in Tools>Macro>Macros You can access by typing the macroname and "Run" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:02:02 -0800, Pat Adams <PatAdams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've imported a modul...

macro embedded in an xml file
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if you can embedd a macro in an xml file? I have an xml file that I create with a .net web application and it opens with Excel, but would be nice to attatch a macro to it as well. Thanks. -- Paul G Software engineer. Paul wrote: > Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if you can embedd a macro in an > xml file? XML isn't a programming language, so it can't have macros in the sense that you mean them. See http://xml.silmaril.ie/authors/execute/ Some processors (including browsers) may react to special features like Processing Instructions to...

Unable to attach file using send to function
Hi, please look here, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q176/2/69.asp&NoWebContent=1 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

How do I stop Publisher from opening my Acrobat PDF files?
Right-click any PDF file, properties, opens with... change -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "highfield" <highfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C733A7E-24C9-4510-A30F-BE7736780BDC@microsoft.com... > Publisher can open pdf files? Which version of Pub does this? Mike highfield wrote: ...

data file to send and receive mail cannot be found
I accidentally deleted a Microsoft Exchange account from Outlook. Now I get "Cannot create an email message because the data file to send and receive messages could not be found. To add a data file such as a personal folder file, double-click on the Mail icon in Control Panel." What should I do? Thank you "matthewcrook" <matthewcrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4D4D31-9435-483C-B847-69B1015A11A9@microsoft.com... >I accidentally deleted a Microsoft Exchange account from Outlook. Now I get > "Cannot create an email m...

I'm getting files saved with names like 48A52100 with no .xls f.
I'm getting spreadsheets saved on our network with an 8-character string as the filename and no .xls file extension. Using the "Open with . . ." option they successfully open with Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? -- Iain N Black Kelton - These are temp files created when Excel saves a workbook. Normally they are deleted when the save is complete. This might fall under the funny behaviors that occur when working with files on a network. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...