Saving a custom format?

Greetings,

I created a custom number format for use on a particular workbook.  Now that
custom format is available for use anywhere on that workbook.  However, the
custom format is not available in a new workbook or any other existing
workbook.  Is there a way to save the custom format so that it is available
in any workbook?

Thanks!

Jim Orson...

0
jorson (10)

Hi
Try putting the format in a blank workbook called Book1 and save this
in
your XLSTART folder

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jim Orson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I created a custom number format for use on a particular workbook.
> Now that custom format is available for use anywhere on that
> workbook.  However, the custom format is not available in a new
> workbook or any other existing workbook.  Is there a way to save the
> custom format so that it is available in any workbook?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim Orson...

0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/16/2004 3:55:30 PM
I actually did a bit more checking around and wound up saving BOOK.XLT to
the XLSTART folder.  That seems to do the trick, at least for new workbooks.
Thanks for the help, Frank.

Jim Orson...

> Hi
> Try putting the format in a blank workbook called Book1 and save this
> in
> your XLSTART folder
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Jim Orson wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I created a custom number format for use on a particular workbook.
> > Now that custom format is available for use anywhere on that
> > workbook.  However, the custom format is not available in a new
> > workbook or any other existing workbook.  Is there a way to save the
> > custom format so that it is available in any workbook?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jim Orson...

0
jorson (10)

Customize Report When Uploaded into Web
Hi, I just notice. In my system, i created the customize report for product. In this report i intend to see which of the product generate the most revenue. Using .Net 2003, in the preview report, the result was the same as when i queried into DB itself. Then i uploaded the .rdl into MSCRM. Some records were missing when running the report. What's wrong?? Need help ASAP. Carrie ------=_NextPart_0001_74DC141D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just notice. In my system, i created the customize report fo...

formating of text file
i have problem while formating a text file into excel containing the below matter i want the "Bank reference", "Amount", "Information", "Customer details " and "bank clearing ID" in first row and the corresponding information below the corresponding headings. i have tried the use the custom in the filters and take the details into a next tab. everything is working, however only one line from the "information" and "customer details" is picking. Second line and the line after one blank line is also not pickin...

Assign previous purchases to newly created customer
How do I assign previous purchases to a newly created customer? For example a customer my have made a few purchases last year and declined to give information at that time. Now they are willing to be entered into RMS, however the previous purchases are not associated with them in RMS. Thx *********************************************************** MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE BEFORE DOING ANY UPDATE QUERIES IF YOU ARE UNCOMPFORTABLE WITH MAKING THESE TYPES OF CHANGES CONSULT YOUR LOCAL RMS PARTNER FOR HELP *********************************************************** First you need t...

conditional format on first & last digit on 3 digit cell data
How to create conditional formatting and color shade cells which contains the first and last digit which I'm looking at regardless of any order on three digit cell data? Use a formula of =AND(LEFT(A2,1)="5",RIGHT(A2,1)="7") as an example -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "caprey" <caprey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68C65158-A525-4C3C-A493-2AA38398CA7E@microsoft.com... > How to create conditional formatting and color shade cells which contains > the > first and last digit which I'm looking at regar...

Help With Custom Paging in DataGridView
How do I add custom paging to the following code? Public Class Form2 Private PageCount As Integer Private maxRec As Integer Private pageSize As Integer Private currentPage As Integer Private recNo As Integer Private ds As New DataSet Private dt As New DataTable Private da As OracleDataAdapter Private dv As DataView Private dtTemp As DataTable Private myBindingSource As BindingSource Private myDataSet As DataSet Private Sub Form2_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load ...

beginning zeros won't hold in field when saving as .CSV
When saving an Excel spreadsheet as a .CSV (comma delimited) file, beginning zeros dissapear. The only way I know to keep the zeros is to format the field as 'text.' However, .CSV files wipe out all formatting. Is there a way to KEEP the zero in the number '08' instead of '8' when saving as .CSV!? Please send suggestions. It would be appreciated. Thank you. Hi Heather, After you save your file as a csv, go into Windows Explorer and change the extension to .txt. Then when you open the file in Excel, use the comma delimited format feature, then select the co...

custom color
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'd like to create a custom color using cmyk. Please tell me how! In article <ee99c96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Nora@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > I'd like to create a custom color using cmyk. Please tell me how! You don't say what application, or which property, but the technique's similar. For example, in Word's Font color dropdown in the Formatting Palette, choose "More colors". In the C...

Protect Formatting #2
Dear Andy, firstly thanks for your response.. But i think yo misunderstood my question.. What i wanted to protect was the PAGE SETU - means the margin settings, fitting to 1 page etc.. The cells and dat protection i know can be protected as you said.. I just want the PAGE SETUP to be protected.. Means irrespective of wha they update in sheet, if the sheet is set to fit 1 page wide x 1 pag tall it should not allow the other users to change this setting.. Possible..?? cheers manaadiar :confused -- manaadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- manaadiar&...

How do I retain formating while resizing page?
I have a booklet I redo periodically. This year we'd like to resize the booklet from a 5"x7" to a pamphlet size (to fit inside a #10 envelope). Currently it's publishing in booklet form with 24 pages. The number of pages changes from year to year and it is done with a card stock cover so simply changing to a pamphlet form will not work. Unless you are going to maintain the same proportions, it's not going to be easy. It'll have to be done manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" ...

View Account Information from a Custom Form
I want to view account info from a custom form as reference data. This would be a little like an IFrame I guess. I only need a read-only view of the account data, but I still would like it available from a tab. Any suggestions? -- Mark Add an IFrame with a link to: http://server/_forms/readonly/readonly.aspx?obTypeCode=1&id={guid here} hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Mark" wrote: > I want to view account info from a custom form as reference data. This would > be a little like an IFrame I guess. I only ...

Saving form takes a long time
Hi all, In Access2003 I have a frontend of about 2MB (backend is about 1,5 MB and has about 8 tables). The frontend consists of 4 forms, 6 reports, 2 modules, and some queries. The biggest and main form in the frontend seems like a normal form to me. It has a subform in it and in my eyes not too much code. However, when I make a simple change to the form, for instance making a field bigger or add a button with 3 lines of code, and I want to save the form it takes 1 to 2 minutes to save. Although there are no signs of a corrupt database I tried compact and repair. This action is done pr...

Error on saving a form, when few extra controls are added dynamica
Hi, I am dynamically adding a readonly textarea on a CRM form, which is populated with some data, based on few conditions at runtime. Using JavaScript, I am able to add textarea at dynamically. But when user clicks on "Close" button, I get runtime error and data is not saved. Code to add fields at runtime: objAddress = oCurrentTab.appendChild(document.createElement('textarea')); objAddress.id = 'objAddress'; objAddress.readOnly=true; objAddress.innerText = "Some Text which is to be displayed"; Can anyone point me to what I am doing wrong? Also i...

Custom POS button for blind closeout
Hi Is anyone aware of an internal command which can be used for a custom POS button to perform a blind closeout? Many thanks, Nick -- The Bottle Bank 2 Tidemill House, Discovery Quay Falmouth, TR11 3XP Tel: 01326 218 319 www.bottlebankwine.co.uk I don't know the internal command, but we did it a different way. I think that "F5" brings up the blind close window. On our machines we just made a macro to do this and assigned a button to it. You still have to select it, but it helps our cashiers. Hopefully this helps. "NickH" wrote: &g...

formatting date
Hey, is there any way to format this date 2005 so that it only shows the year number 5 thanks If you select the cells you want in date format, then right click on them and select Format Cells and select the "number" tab, then select Category, Date, you'll see all the date formats that come with XL. I used to know how to create custom date formats, but it's been so long, I don't remember how any more. ...

Getting custom commandbar to show on Add-ins tab
I've created a custom toolbar for Access 2007 with the following code: Sub CreateToolbar() On Error Resume Next Application.CommandBars("PracticeCommandBar").Delete On Error GoTo 0 Dim cbar As Office.CommandBar 'I have the needed reference to Office library Dim cntrl As Office.CommandBarControl Set cbar = Application.CommandBars.Add("PracticeCommandBar", msoBarTop, _ Temporary:=True) Set cntrl = Application.CommandBars("PracticeCommandBar").Controls.Add( _ msoControlButton, Temporary...

can't save xlsb

Conditional Formatting with Time
In one row I have 24 cells, each cell representing 1 hour. I would like a cell to change color, say from white to yellow, during the hour it represents on the clock. I have tried conditional formatting with =HOUR, Now() and =TIME without success. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in solving this problem. Colin It's always useful if you tell us what's in your cells, what CF condition you are trying to use, what result you're getting, and what result you expected. If you have times at 1 hour intervals, what's wrong with, CF/ Formula Is: =HOUR(A...

Customizations from test box to live server
I have a test CRM 3.0 install named microsoftcrmdev, and then I have a live production box running 1.2 named microsoftcrm. The 1.2 install will be upgraded in a few weeks to v3, and we'd like to do all customizations on the dev box export and then import to upgraded v3 install. Is this possible to do? If not can someone please provide best practices to get this done, so we will not have to do after the upgrade? Thanks in advance. Sean If you don't have any customizations on your 1.2 environment and then you do your upgrade, it is just like having a clean 3.0 environment. In this...

pivot chart changes not saved
I have a report that incorporates a pivot chart. It's been acting squirrelly lately in that modifications I make to the chart (form in pivot chart view) aren't saved. For example, I noticed a Title under the Title that I defined that reads "multi-chart." I've tried to delete this field to no avail--when I open the report, it still has a title "Multi-chart." I don't try to modify the chart with the report open, I've deleted the field using the del key as well as the delete "x," and I hit the save button before closing out. Any ideas why the...

Custom POS Buttons
I am looking for a reference for the Internal Commands. I need a button that gives a discount of 8%. I do not want to have the cashier go through the Shift-F3 Routine everytime. TIA Could you just use a macro? and tie it somewhere? "Frank West" <fwest-REMOVE-@pelco.com> wrote in message news:249c801c45f87$e4d05a20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking for a reference for the Internal Commands. I > need a button that gives a discount of 8%. I do not want > to have the cashier go through the Shift-F3 Routine > everytime. TIA Yeah I guess that would be alright. An...

saving a SS as a .txt
When I save my SS as a text file, and then open it in Notepad. Any cell that had a comma �,� in it will have a text qualifier of a double quote ( � ) example: in excel the cell has Smith, John and it become �Smith, John� in the text file. How can I save as a test file without it adding these unwanted characters? I�m on excel 2000 sr-1 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvnoquotes In article <tstickley.10sug8@excelforum-nospam.com>, tstickley <<tstickley.10sug8@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrot...

too many cell formats.. can't open the file at all...
Hi all, A user had a "too many cell formats" error and saved the file. Now the file will not open. Excel reports: Unable to open. too many cell formats. Any way to recover the file ? thanks, dcreber@camford(press).co(uk) remove the ( ) to reply direct.. please use the thread as well. Hi, Excel has built in restrictions in number of cell formats that a workbook can contain (appx 4000). To avoid this problem, try to reduce the cell formats by selecting a large no of cells and giving it a cell format. In this way, all the selected cells will have only one cell format. But...

Custom Menu 07-08-07
How do you make one and what should be on it? Thanks in advance D search Access Help for "custom menu" and follow the directions to create a toolbar (all custom menus are created as toolbars; you change the toolbar to a menu in the Properties dialog). as for what should be on it - that's your decision, based on where it's going to be used and what options are needed. hth "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:F3BF039A-0BF8-4430-A492-87C58B6A600D@microsoft.com... > How do you make one and what should be on it? > > > > Thanks...

Format calculation as currency
In the receipt template, I need to display Entry.Price without tax (GST Exclusive). If I calculate it using Entry.Price - Entry.Tax, the format is no longer in currency. Can I format a calculation in currency? Is there an existing variable for Entry.Price Exclusive? Oops. Solved it myself. Should look harder before posting. <SET name="EntryPriceExclusive" type="vbCurrency"> 0 </SET> .... <SET name="EntryPriceExclusive" type="vbCurrency"> Entry.ExtendedBasePrice / Entry.Quantity </SET> I'm still having issues with th...

How to access a network file path \\foo\bar.txt from an .aspx and from a custom IHttpHandler?
How to access a network file path \\foo\bar.txt from an .aspx and from a custom IHttpHandler? How to specify which account that aspx application should use when doing file IO from network paths? When I try to open the file from .aspx the file read throws: Logon failure: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. When I try to open the file from a custom IHttpHandler the file read throws: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. \\foo\bar.txt grants read access to the group "Everyone" and everyone but my aspx application are able to read \\foo\bar.txt How to specif...