--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA7FAD39-0802-4260-A26F-6AEC9448B275@microsoft.com...

0
rondebruin (3790)

Excel 2003-provide feedback with sound
Trying to set in the options of MS Excel 2003 "provide feedback with sound", a message appears, that I have to download the Microsoft Sounds Add-in from the MS download page. But there is a hint, that this Add-in is only up to Excel XP and so it is not possible to install this feature. Is there any other version for MS Excel 2003? I installed Microsoft Office Sounds and it works in all versions from Excel 97 to Excel 2003. I didn't have to do anything special beyond selecting it under Options. So it "should" work. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dirk" <Di...

Excel '97
Is it possible to purchas an original install copy of Excel '97 anymore? Hi try ebay -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:003401c4f287$24f9e480$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to purchas an original install copy of > Excel '97 anymore? I've tried Amazon and Ebay, and they both have UPGRADES available, but the original Office package wasn't part of the 97 OS was it? >-----Original Message----- >Hi >try ebay > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >F...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Save Window sizes in Config file?
Hey, I would like to save my child window sizes in some kind of config file. What is the accepted approach, using the registry somehow? I have seen this stuff before...... theApp.WriteProfileString("Optimizer", "Software", "password"); s = theApp.GetProfileString("Optimizer", "Software"); if(s != "password") errorexit("Illegal Software Security Code!"); Thanks, Wayne Hi, I think you are this way inviting people to start again with the always ongoing discussion of ini files versus registry en...

Excel to publisher import
How can I import an excel spreadsheet to publisher doc.? If you want to insert the actual spreadsheet, you can go to Insert > Object > Create from file and browse to the Excel file. If you want to merge the contents of the cells, you can use the Mail Merge feature in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F32E78-1710-40E9-8922-CE4EBD69F5C2@microsoft.com... > How can I imp...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Save or Export to CSV
Hello, I have a macro that i recorded that is intended to export (save) data from the active worksheet within a workbook to a CSV file. The problem i'm having is that the macro is saving the entire workbook to a CSV. My file name is even changing. Following is the code: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Sub SaveAsCSV() ' ' SaveAsCSV Macro ' Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveSheet.SaveAs Filename:= _ "Z:\Timesheet\Time Sheet 2009.csv" _ , FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False Applic...

Saving chart as an image file
I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then save it as an image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it on a website. How do I do this? Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data labels? I want to change them from the default (numbers) to my own description for each slice. Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for exporting a chart in gif format: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008 To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. It's a free add-in that yo...

Analysing data from several excel workbooks
Hi, I'm totally new to excel and i need to analyse the changes in a funding position across several years in a seperate excel sheet. As in, submissions are made year on year showing the amount of revenue spent on several different services. I need to be able to compare how those have moved over the last 5 years in a single spreadsheet. I appreciate any help. Thanks To give a clear answer we would need a bit more detail of the data layout Give us a simplified version of what the data looks like Your 'subject' talks about different workBOOKS but the text of the ...

Save n Refresh New Form
Hi All, I have use the 'Save' command button in the access2000. However, I need additional function when I click the 'Save' button. Click 'Save' - 'Yes' --> Save the data and then refresh into new form with the Log Number(Primary Key) increase to the next number No issue on the 'No' function. Pls help. Thank you. Private Sub SaveData_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SaveData_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Exit_SaveData_Click: Exit Sub Err_SaveData_Click: MsgBo...

Public Folders: "Document not saved"
Infrastructure Background: Exchange 2000 running on Windows Server 2000 Desktop: Windows Professional 2000 with Outlook 2000 client. Problem: People are receiving the following error message whilst trying to save Office documents into a Public Folder: "The disc is full. Free some space on this drive or save document on another disc. Try one of the following: Close any unneeded windows or save the document on another disc" Investigation reveals: 1) The is over 80GB of free disk space on the server the Public Folder data is stored on 2) The people concerned have suffient permiss...

Payroll Templates/Implementation Plan
Who has Payroll templates for migration and a sample implementation plan? I can't seem to find a toolkit for Great Plains in Partnersource. There is not a toolkit. Send a message to me and I'll send you a link to download some implementation plans. They are a bit out of date but are still pretty relevant. There will be a new toolkit released later this year. "Anna" wrote: > Who has Payroll templates for migration and a sample implementation plan? I > can't seem to find a toolkit for Great Plains in Partnersource. > > > Hi Charles. Do yo...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Too Many Excel Apps running
I recently installed Excel 2010. My operating system is XP Pro. Ever since I installed Excel 2010 I find that every time I open an Excel file it opens a new Excel. It is not unusual for me to have 5 different Excels open even after I close a file. My bottom ribbon is full of Excels! I previously used Excel 2003 and did not have this problem. I know these are different Excels operating because I am unable to open a split window to show two different files. Note - I usually open my files via Explorer. Is there a setting that I can use to require that my single open Excel can open any new Exce...

/// commenting disabled? Generated from a template?
Not getting heard quick enough in newsgroup for visualstudio must be too many VB weenies ;-) so since this is a C# issue... When typing the three slashes I thought VS2008 would then generate a default <summary> comment block but that is not happening (anymore). I've tried devenv /installvstemplates and devenv /setup to reinstall templates but this type of commenting is still apparently not functioning. Anybody lose and then restore the XML commenting? This is a per project setting. Go to project properties, on the Build page, select XML documentation file. This w...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

Excell 2007 messing up graphics
I have an invoice Excel sheet setup with my company logo on it. For some reason Excel 2007 messes it up during printing. It prints it about 10 times the size. I tried to re create the work sheet and it still will not print the graphic. It show it ok but will not print it. When I go to Print Preview the logo (JPG graphing) is not seen at all. Any Ideas what is going on? ...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

data import and word templates missing from CRM
Hi. I'm working with a new install of CRM and there are some icons missing in the setttings area such as the import function on the data management page and word templates under templates. Any ideas about why this is? Thanks. ...

how do i report a bug in excel
how do i report a bug in excel Hi Dave well if you'ld like to post here what you've found we can (probably) tell you if it is a known one already and maybe even suggest a solution or workaround. Cheers JulieD "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF36F937-24C7-4E2C-A4FF-D743A4E9AAC0@microsoft.com... > how do i report a bug in excel Or, as is often the case, not a bug at all but "just the way things work". -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JulieD&q...

Template Error
When ever I go into Email Templates or Contract Templates, I get an error that says, "An error has occurred (no kidding). For more information, contact your system administrator (always fun when you're the system admin)." The only options are Try Again (same error occurs) and Go Back. Funny thing is that the Knowledge Base Templates work just fine. Any ideas? A little more information. Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in th...

Excel & PDF
With Excel 2000 there was a PDF conversion function. Now I have Excel 2003 and there is no PDF converter. Is this right? I don't have a PDF conversion at work (xl2k). You sure your conversion software didn't come separate and installed itself as an option in excel (maybe with your Scanner/OCR???). Bob Purcell wrote: > > With Excel 2000 there was a PDF conversion function. Now > I have Excel 2003 and there is no PDF converter. Is this > right? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?
I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both. David, The concept described here should work: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/conditional_column_chart/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "david_hutton.NO_SPAM" wrote: > I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they > are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" wh...

open excel 2007 refresh query from batch file
Hello all, I have a simple script saved as "C:\refresh_excel.vbs" that opens an Excel file, and does a refresh for a query on Sheet 1. I created a scheduled task to run this every day. It worked fine for previous versions of Excel, but since I have upgraded to Excel 2007 it doesn't work. Any help it helping me figure this out would be appreciated. /*contents of refresh_excel.vbs*/ Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Visible = True Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\reports\UPS.xls") objWorkbook.Sheets("...