Save single worksheet from workbook using the sheet name?

Gday,
I have had a search through some of the previous questions and I cant quite
find what I am looking for,
I have a master sheet which I split into seperate sheets using one of Debra
Dalgleishs macros all works fine.
However my next step is to save each of these sheets into seperate folders
using the individual sheet name.
As ever I hope this isnt too muddled a question!
Any help would be greatly appreciated
TIA
Ajay
0
Ajay (74)

Ajay,

You need to copy it to its own workbook and save that

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "myfile.xls"

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gday,
> I have had a search through some of the previous questions and I cant
quite
> find what I am looking for,
> I have a master sheet which I split into seperate sheets using one of
Debra
> Dalgleishs macros all works fine.
> However my next step is to save each of these sheets into seperate folders
> using the individual sheet name.
> As ever I hope this isnt too muddled a question!
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
> TIA
> Ajay

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/11/2004 12:00:45 PM
Something like this :-

Code
-------------------

  Sheets("Sheet1").Copy
  ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:="Book1.xls"

-------------------

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Replace a comma with a period in a cell containing a lastname, first name, middle i
Hello - I am trying to clean some data and need to change all of my names from McLaughlin, Victor, (i.e, comma) W to McLaughlin, Victor.(i.e., period) W Is there an extract and replace formula or method of som sort (in excel or access) that will allow me to pull the first comma from the right and replace it with a period. Thanks for any suggestions! Select the cells you want to change and run this tiny macro: Sub comma_tose() For Each r In Selection v = StrReverse(r.Value) r.Value = StrReverse(Replace(v, ",", ".", 1, 1)) Next End Sub For example: a,b,c,d wi...

using if function..please help
i am trying to use the if function in the following manner. A B apple red apple red grapes purple grapes yellow star n/a if(B1:B5="n/a",0,countif(A1:A5, "star") I want to use this formula not only for 'star' but also for 'apple' and grapes' and many more such fruits which might have n/a later. But, everytime I use this formula it returns a 1..should it not return a 0 for when the value in B is n/a? Please help.. Thank you Are you trying to say that if any c...

How do you find info in a workbook?
How do I find something (text, numbers, etc.) in a workbook with multiple worksheets? I am using Excel 2000. Hi Rick, Question is ambiguous to me, as to presentation, and what etc. is. You could use Conditional Formatting in each sheet http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm to identify text with a color and number constants with a color condition1: =ISTEXT(A1) condition2: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),cf_NotFormula(A1)) with Conditional Formulas the Function MUST be in the same workbook Function cf_NotFormula(cell) 'based on http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/...

SMTP domain name
Hello. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a windows 2000 machine and a windows 2000 native domain. Problem I am having is complaints from people regarding the smtp domain name. Our Public domain name and our AD domain name are different. Helo response from the server returns the AD domain name and not the public domain name. This is causing messages to be rejected by some SPAM filters. Has anybody had this problem? Thanks Yes I have battled long and hard with this problem. First thing to check is Exchange System Manager, "Default SMTP Virtual Server" look in advanced propertie...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

Where to use static constructor and static class
dear friends Can you tell me in which scenario we have to use static class and static constructor? Thanks in advance Ashok kumar wrote: > dear friends > Can you tell me in which scenario we have to use static class and > static constructor? Use a static class when you want to implement functionality that does not require per-instance state (i.e. all consumers of the class can share the state). Use a static constructor when you need to initialize state in a class that is shared by all consumers of the class. Pete ...

Could You Use $10,000 in the Next 30 Days.....Risk Free?
Could you use $10,000 in 30 days Risk-Free? Introducing a revolutionary new downline building system!! Free to join! Build your downline and be in MASSIVE PROFIT BEFORE you spend one single penny! You could be making over $10,000 just 30 days from now! And it's totally Risk-Free!! If you're tired of wasting money trying to make money then you will LOVE this system!! It eliminates every problem in building a downline as it's totally automated and duplicatable by everyone! This is as easy as breathing! So don't waste a second!... You could be just 30 days from Financial Freed...

How do I un-"Group" my workbook; cannot see entire pane or move/re

Email a single Excel worksheet instead of the whole workbook.
I have an Excel workbook with several worksheets. I want to email just one of these worksheets to a friend. It would be great to be able to right-click the worksheet tab and find the option to send worksheet as an attachment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Outlook 2000 password saving probem
I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my pop3. Also it always asked me for a password when I send an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save password box. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Plkease help. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the >passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me >for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my >pop3. Also it always asked me ...

Replace Cells with Column names in functions?
I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug because there are also a lot of rows. Is there anyway to change display so it replaces the column name e.g. If(BT1204="X". BA="Y" to If(CustomerName="X", CustomerCode="Y") ? CustomerName is a defined name range for BT1204 Find & Replace Find what: BT1204 Replace with: CustomerName "msnyc07" wrote: > I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug > because there are also a lot of rows. > > Is t...

Creating a summary sheet
I have a spreadsheet that is about 200 rows down and 60 columns accross. I want to create a second summary tab that will pull over only certain columns from the "detail" sheet. As I update the detail sheet I want to also update the summary sheet - so far no problem, but if I add a new row in the detai sheet - how can I also add the same row in the summary sheet and only bring over columns I want on the summary sheet (the columns are not next to each other) Paste link does not insert the row in the summary sheet unless I drag the formulas - which I do not want to do. Is th...

Display names in Contacts
When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is there a setting that I can change to eliminate the email address in the display name ? I would like to have the display name showing like this : LastName FirstName . Antoine Veilleux Change the 'Display as' setting when creating new contacts. "Shidewa" wrote: > When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, > then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is > there a settin...

address being appended to contact's name
If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to it. When I create or forward email, the email address is appended to the name of the contacts in the "To:" line. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks, Jim B. Vista's Windows Mail? microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail "Jim Birke@yahoo.com>" <jimbir<nottthis> wrote in message news:#RKwAWMuKHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to > it. > > When I create or forward email, the email...

Excel worksheet total up to show in another worksheet
I have two worksheets. The first is the nice printable page. On the second page I just total up my receipts. How do I get those totals to show on Worksheet 1 in a cell called Total? -- SF Hi Just say your totals to be added are in A2:A120 in Sheet 1 then =SUM(Sheet1!A2:A120) hope this help -- nik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31615 ...

Discount using two different items?
Hello, I have two different items one sellf for $11.99 and the other for $3.99 is there any way to set it up so that if a customer buys the item for $11.99 that they can get the $3.99 item for $2.99 -- Thank You,; Vince Did you try to setup Mix and Match discount? Jamil. "Vince" wrote: > Hello, I have two different items one sellf for $11.99 and the other for > $3.99 is there any way to set it up so that if a customer buys the item for > $11.99 that they can get the $3.99 item for $2.99 > -- > Thank You,; > Vince ...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

SHARING WORKBOOKS #2
I HAVE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET THAT NEEDS TO BE AVAILABLE ON TWO COMPUTERS AND SHOW THE SAME INFORMATION INCLUDING CHANGES. HOW DO I DO THIS? Hi check out 'Tools - Share workbooks' Note: shared workbooks have many restrictions (several functions are not available for them). IMHO Excel is not well suited for beeing shared. You may condiser using a different type of application for this (e.g. a database) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ALSHORTMAN" <ALSHORTMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0807914-A81F-4719-A37C-3F22160C2EB3@microsoft...

Single option button
Is it possible to add a single option button for a customized field? In the settings section I can only find a Boolean type for this. Thanks in advance! Hi, No, the check box is not available in this version ans I did'nt heard in next too. Sylvie "Jytte Diederiks" wrote: > Is it possible to add a single option button for a > customized field? In the settings section I can only find > a Boolean type for this. > > Thanks in advance! > ...

Using Hyperlinks within Userforms
Hi all, I have a Userform with various command buttons in place. What I'm trying to do is allow users to be able to open various Word documents when they click on these command buttons via the use of hyperlinks embedded within the click event of each command button. So if they click on one of the command buttons it opens one Word document, and if they click another, it opens the second Word document etc. etc. It would be ideal to have the Userform to always remain displayed, so the documents open in the background, and the Userform always has the focus... then once the desired documents...

Excel worksheet programming for time restrictions.
I have several cells (properties) that will be visible or not depending on the time of day. I am using VBA to set the value of the properties and need a way to use not just the TIME function to establish the system time but, a way to test for a period of time, for example the DAY SHIFT, SWING SHIFT AND GRAVEYARD SHIFT. Using If Then Else conditional statements to test the system time to a span of time to indicate the shifts aforesaid. What I am not clear on is the syntax in VBA to use when identifying the shifts and testing for conditions met. HElP? Is this any help? Dim tim0800 Dim ...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...

Doing a VLOOKUP (probably using the INDEX and MATCH function), with both vertical and horizontal values in play.
I am trying to create a function that will pull in data from a 2nd spreadsheet. Typically, I use the index and match function to do so. However, in this case, I am trying to do a lookup based on a value above (i.e., horizontal) and a value to the right (i.e., vertical) of the cell in which the formula will be placed. Additionally, the sheet from which I am pulling is similarly laid out. To Provide an example. Lookup Table Months (horizontal) Jan Feb Mar Apr Etc Names(vertical) Jeff Eric 5 Steve ...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...