save as,

hi, is there any way that i can save a copy of my document, in vba cod
under a new name, and not change my open document to the new name

/jock

Hi Jocke

Have a look at the SaveCopyAs-method.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"jocke >" <<jocke.155t56@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> hi, is there any way that i can save a copy of my document, in vba code
> under a new name, and not change my open document to the new name
>
> /jocke
>

> ---

Save window image
Hi, I need to save a window image to a CBitmap object. How do I do it ? Yoav. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:eCxWgfAMHHA.4244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I need to save a window image to a CBitmap object. > How do I do it ? > Use keybd_event() / SendInput() to send Alt+PrintSc when the window has the focus. That will put an image of it in the clipboard. Then open the clipboard and get the image from there. -- David This article might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/gdi/barry_s_screen_capture.asp Tom "Yoavo" &...

Thrift Savings Plan #2
Does anyone know an accurate way of tracking the military retirement plan, TSP? I have just added an account called TSP and modeled it like a 401(k). Then for each of the funds you have, just add a new investment. You won't have a stock symbol or anything. Some days, I manually update the fund prices, and others I don't. It will calculate your returns whenever you make new transactions. I basically just make those investment transactions whenever I get my quarterly statement. I don't know of a better way of tracking the TSP. "Anthony" wrote: > Does anyone ...

Automatically Saving an Excel Document as a Web Page
Hello all--Judging by the subject headings I see in this forum, I can tell that my problem is a relatively simple one. Well, hopefully, anyway. I suppose I ought to simply say what I'd like to have Excel do and perhaps some of you could tell me how that might be accomplished. Currently, I've successfully created a network of spreadsheets, where the value of one cell is pulled and copied into another cell in another spreadsheet (that value is then used to create a graph). The goal is to export that spreadsheet (the one containing the pulled value and resulting graph) as an html doc...

New Tables & Queries Force me to Save As
I just took over a DB from the former developer. I go to "Create query in Design View" or "Create table in Design View". Do anything or nothing. I try to close. It prompts me for a Save As, and won't let me close until I give it a name and finish the Save As. PITA. I can't build a temp query without having to save it. Then I have to go and delete it. And if the query has a syntax error, the Save As fails. I have to make the temp query valid, do the Save, then delete. PITA. Does anybody know what setting she changed that is forcing a Save As? Thanks, Chris Ar...

How to view all saved word docs in 2007 regardless of version
In Word 2007, Windows 7, when I view folders holding many documents created in Windows XP, Word 2002 and other programs, nothing is displayed. How do I make all documents visible, regardless of version? In the Open dialog, to the right of the file name box is a dropdown for the type of files to display. Make sure that's set to All Files (*.*) or All Word Documents, or maybe to Word 97-2003 Documents (*.doc). If it's set to Word Documents (*.docx) then it will show *only* those files. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email can...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Exchange 5.5 Daylight savings time
According to Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx near the bottom of the article details about a Daylight Savings Time Patch that is available for companies with Customer Support Agreements (CSA) for Exchange 5.5. Well, we have Exchange 5.5, but it is our understanding that Exchange 5.5 uses the local server time to DST settings (which we can edit). So the big question is, what exactly does this Exchange 5.5 D.S.T. patch do???? Microsoft will not tell me any details unless I purchase a Premier contract at 10's of thousands of dollars. We will ...

How do i save all my contacts as vCards in Outlook?
I know I can save each contact individually as a vCard, but how do I save them all at once as individual vCards in Outlook 2002? Thanks Only individually unfortunately. You can export in other formats that might be useful. "Tom" <faai_dee_mail@fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:ukGVesiwEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I know I can save each contact individually as a vCard, but how do I save >them all at once as individual vCards in Outlook 2002? > > Thanks > There are a couple of tools that can do bulk export of contact and calendar data as vCard a...

Auto-Save attachments in Outlook 2003 ???
Hi, Having spent hours searching for an answer to this and finding lots of replies quoting VBA scripts etc, I am only marginally wiser ! I can't believe that an app as complex as Outlook 2003 doesn't have a built-in facility to automatically save attachments !! This seems such a glaringly obvious omission, I am inclined to think it has been done deliberately for some strange reason. Please can someone help here - all I want to do is create a rule that will check for a message from a certain sender and automatically save any attachments to a specified folder. That's all. I don&...

VBA Save As problem with file that already exist
Hi! I have the following macro: Sub save() FN = Sheet1.Range("H30").Text ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & FN ActiveWorkbook.close End Sub that works correct except if I already have the file with the same name. In that case I got Excel message: A file named " ......... " already exists in this location. If I click 'No' or 'Cancel' the SaveAs gives me an error: Run-time error '1004' I don't want to use the Application.DisplayAlerts = False, because I want the user to be aware that there is a file a...

Macro
Hi, Would appreciate any help on the following :- I have a macro which opens 4 seperate spreadsheets and formats them. The files are call ocean.xls, air.xls etc. I wanted the macro to also rename and save the files automatically adding the date at the end i.e. it would now be called ocean 01012004.xls etc Not knowing how to do this I searched the groups and used the following code:- Range("A2").Select Dim str As String str = Trim(VBA.Format(Now(), "DDMMYYYY")) Debug.Print str ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Y:\GSK Administration\Excel\GSK Bond Reports\GSK Bo...

diasable "save as"
I setup a vb that disables the save as on the file menu. the code works as expected. But only if I click on run in the VB editor. In general I have sub command saveas enable=false (not exact syntax ) end sub How do I get this to execute when I open the workbook? When I close the workbook I want to reverse the code so that the next workbookthat is opened does not have saveas greyed. I have the code, but where to put it, so that it executes, is my problem. >I setup a vb that disables the save as on the file menu. > the code works as expected. But only if I click on run in the VB edit...

Saving part of a publisher document
I need to save my existing publisher document in 4 or 5 smaller pieces . It is currently 1 x 1.44GB. Is it possble to save 2 or 3 pages at a time of an already existing document? We are networked and the IT staff are threatening to cut me off because I am using too much space up. I want to be able to put the document onto a couple(few) cd's and then I can edit in parts beorre I send it to a publisher. We use Windows 2000. Thanks You can save the original, delete pages, "save as" the result, open the original again, delete pages... and so on. You will not be able to edit s...

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Changing location where clip art from web is saved
I'm a help desk tech that has a user that can't see the extra clip art from the web in the "clip art task pane". The only artwork that shows up is clip art in the Office folder in the program files folder. I believe this is because the web clip art is saved in the temporary internet files folder, which the user doesn't have access to. I can't remove the restriction because of our policy. Is there a way to change where the clip art is saved, for instance a folder the user can access? Is there another option? You can create a folder, as long as the user saves the...

Annoying save message
I'm using excel 2002 and whenever I go to quick save my file I get this annoying dialog box asking if I want to save a copy or overwrite changes. I looked up help to see what I could find, but didn't come up with an answer. Does anybody know how to get rid of this message? Cheers, Bruce A "quick save" (Ctrl-s) should not ask about overwriting... -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Bruce" <b_lwalker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a41811c.0410211239.718a08d9@posting.google.com... | I'm using excel 2002 and whenever I go to quick save my file I get | this anno...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

Unexpected 'Save Changes in Book1' prompt
Running Office 2000 Whenever I exit a workbook I now get the following prompt: 'do you want to save the changes you made to Book 1' I've repaired my Office installation, but this had no effect. Any ideas? There are some worksheet functions that are volatile--that are recalculated when excel recalcs. AREAS() CELL() INDIRECT() ROWS() COLUMNS() NOW() TODAY() RAND() Any of these functions in formulas could make excel think your workbook has changed. Glynn Taylor wrote: > > Running Office 2000 > > Whenever I exit a w...

Saving an Excel file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot save an Excel file to my hard drive. I get a message that reads "...Cannot access the file "Macintosh HD" with various reasons. ...

Save query result in a variable
hi! hope you can help me AGAIN! i have a form that let's the user pick a name, job, between dates, tax(with or without) and percentage. this is for calculating the comision each employee has earned. i did this by a query that gets the info from the form adn then opens a report and in the report i make the calculations. but it turns out that several employees have 2 or more "jobs" and for each one diferent % of comission. the form and the reports handdle it fine, i'm looking for a way to add all of this reports for each person. i was thinking of saving the sum of each que...

Saving Window Sizes
I use multiple Windows in running Outlook 2000. I clicked on Exit and Log off and when I ran Outlook 2000 again, the multiple windows and size reappeared. In Windows XP, I set up the multiple windows, close, but only the one window appears. The extra windows do not appear nor are the sizes the same. Has this changes from 2000 to XP? thxs srm Outlook 2002 has changed slightly, use File > Exit (which didn't work on Outlook 2000) "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message news:%23eGP$A2WDHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I use multiple Windows in running Outlook ...

100% cpu utilization during save as
I'm wondering if anyone here can help me with this. When I'm typing a filename in the Save As dialog box in Excel 2003, excel.exe shoots up to 100% CPU utilization and it takes a second or two for the letters I've typed to show up. This only happens when I'm trying to save to a network location. The same issue comes up in Word 2003 and Powerpoint 2003, but not in any other windows applications. Any ideas? Thanks --Cam If this is only to a network location, it suggests a problem on the network side - or permissions. But are you using mapped drives for this? If so, try ...

saving slides as png/jpeg @ 1280x800
I have created a presentation with screen size 1280x800. When I save individual files as png or jpeg, they are saved as 960x600, which is a different size. Is there a way to export individual slides at 1280x800? On 30 Apr, 17:01, Alessandra <acima...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have created a presentation with screen size 1280x800. When I save > individual files as png or jpeg, they are saved as 960x600, which is a > different size. =A0Is there a way to export individual slides at > 1280x800? I forgot to say I am using PowerPoint 2007. I use an add-in to do this (ove...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...

Re: how do i save a publisher file as read only so no one can chan
Assuming they could read it (i.e a pdf or jpg) it is simple. save and exit Publisher: select the file (in Windows Exploder), right click= , properties. Then check the box that says read only. > If they don't have Publisher, the recipients can't even open the file. = ;-) > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > > ~~~~~ > How to ask a question > http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 > > > > > "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message > news:uKbLX3fRHHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &...