Save as Web Page with grid lines

I have just upgraded from Excel 97 to Excel 2003. Using Excel 97, when I
saved a sheet in htm format, the htm file had grid lines. However, when I
use Excel 2003 and "Save as Web Page, there are no grid lines in the htm
file. How can I save with the grid lines?

unable to view videos on web
Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are embedded in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for your help! Can anyone guess what browser and version Varda has? Or what edition of Windows she has, with what service pack? Or even the URL of a page where she can't see the video, and which video on the page she can't see? Or what happened to her computer "about a week ago" that might have caused the problem? Me neither. --- Leonard Gre...

CSV error when trying to save
I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm trying to save a workbook in the CSV file format. Everytime I save, it gives an error saying the file name.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma delimited). I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would be corrupted because of this? Many Thanks Brandon G. It is not an error, it is a warning, just letting you know that the csv will contain plain text, no formatting, no formulas, etc. "Brandon G" wrote: > I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm tryin...

Adding a new Journal Entry through the Activities Page in Contacts Folder
In Outlook 97, there used to be a check box on the Journal Page of Contacts that said "Track all Journal Entries for this Contact". There was also a button on the bottom of the page that let you add a new Journal Entry. I can't find out how to do this in Outlook XP. The help file says to go to the main "Tools/Options", and check the list of contacts you want to monitor, but this is a real pain every time you add a contact. Also, it doesn't solve the problem of adding a new journal entry for a contact. I thought I was getting close. If I go the the ac...

Page breaks shift after preview/setting print pref
I have a small database (16 pages; 659 rows/13 columns) where the page break consistantly shifts from its forced position (i.e. I have manually placed the breaks where needed). It is saved with new position intact, etc., but still shifts when either reopened or after previewing and/or setting printing preferences. Others opening the workbook from other PC have different page break settings than mine... What is the user interface error here? :-) Thanks for any feedback, no matter how embarressing... -- Always hoping to learn, Lara :-) If you have the bag filled to the brim, then j...

Summary page -advancing name of sheet
I have a workbook with 52 sheets, the names of which alternate in the following pattern: BioPP15, AAPP15, BioPP16, AAPP16, BioPP17, AAPP17, etc. I have a summary page which I'm using for certain key #'s from each sheet. Example of formula for sheet BioPP15 - =BioPP15!$21 Question - how do I need to edit this formula so that when I drag it down it will read =BioPP16!$21 =BioPP17!$21 =BioPP18!$21 etc. Thanks in advance -- Chi dara fine al gran dolore? L'ore. carrera To start with, =BioPP15!$21 is not a valid cell address. Perhaps you meant =BioPP15!A$21 To increment s...

LIne item in SOP
I would like to know of a why to reflect milestones on a sales line item. What I mean by this is the product needs to get various stages completed before it can be released to the ultimate customer. Such as quality control testing and approval for licensing of the product. Does anybody know of a ISV that would be able to handle something like this? Need to keep track of about 18 milestones for each line item in a sales order. Thanks If you consider customizing it, please, let me know. We can help you. inquire@flogility.com "Precipio" wrote: > I would like to know...

print 8 page 8 1/2 x 11 booklet 1/2 size?
I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough. I have played with this for hours to no avail. I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and 2 & 7 on the other etc. Help! Have you tried setting up two publications; your original and a new publication? Copy/paste each page and adjust. Using the AutoFit Options in the Format menu would help. -- Mary Sauer h...

why does the zip+4 get deleted when saving and excel file as a DBF
Each time I try to export, to dbf, an address list created in Excel it deletes the Zip+4 when in the xxxxx-xxxx format I need, Please help. In my simple test, the digits didn't get deleted, but the formatting was gone when I reopened the .dbf file in excel. If I typed in the zip+4 as text (preformat the cells as text or started with a leading apostrophe '12345-1234), then the text was kept in tact. KevinPlays wrote: > > Each time I try to export, to dbf, an address list created in Excel it > deletes the Zip+4 when in the xxxxx-xxxx format I need, Please help. -- Dave...

Web Excel and Excel Functions
I’m working with a worksheet using Web Excel or CPM (Everest). As such I’m combining functions from excel and web excel. Web Excel recognizes dates in the following formats: 2009.Nov, FY2010Total (This represents my fiscal year which ends on 6/30 each year), 2009.Nov.30, CY2010Total (normal calendar year), and of course the date formats in Excel. Because I’m working with the different formats, it’s necessary to use the concatenate function and if statements, to give the date formats I need. I have the following formula in a cell to give me the date in the format 2009.N...

Serious problem with NET client and Axis web service
This is a repost, with additional information. I have a Net 2.0 client (C# Winform) calling an Axis web service. The .NET client can authenticate, create requested objects, serialize the objects and send. These are received without issue on the Axis server. The .NET client can also receive responses from the Axis web service when the response is a single value type (long, string, etc), or an array of value types. However if an object is returned, it always appears empty. Looking at NetMon, the response values appear in the SOAP message, but it seems that ..Net has trouble deseri...

Converting a pub file to html for e-mailing or posting on the web
I have created a flier and want to e-mail it to others and download it to my web, but want it to go as a secured doc that others cannot make changes to. Suggestions please??? Thanks. Deb, Since many people do not want to receive HTML messages or attachments, the common wisdom here seems to be to generate a PDF, which can be both attached to an email message and hyperlinked from a webpage. If you do not already have an application to produce PDFS, there are a number of freeware programs which install as printer drivers, such PrimoPDF or pdf995. Bruce "Deb S" wrote: > I ...

CRM Web client times out on laptop users only
We have a small office of 16. 8 of the CRM clients are laptop/notebook users. On 2 of these, the CRM web clients will time out or shut down for no apparent reason. Both of the two notebooks run Win XP, one of them has service pack 2 and the reccommended patches for CRM installed. No other users experience this. Is there a way to find out what is causing this? If it were the global timeout value for CRM web (300 seconds - 5 minutes), would't all machines have the same problem. The user usually only has Outlook and CRM open and nothing else. How best can I debug this problem? ...

Getting rid of random white lines in Excel
There are bold white horizontal lines appearing randomly in some of my worksheets: where I have filled a group of cells in colour, they show up. They look like cell borders but they aren't, nor are they drawing objects, nor rows that have been reduced in height. Deleting the rows above/below one of the lines does not get rid of it. Deleting the columns that it spans does seem to make it disappear - however that will cause problems for the contents of the worksheet. Has anyone experienced this problem and how do I get rid of it? Sounds like they could be page brakes. Did you print o...

remove "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" po
I find it rather annoying almost any time I want to close an accounts window this popup dialg appears with the text "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" and so on. It pops up even if i've made no edits to the account, most of the time. Is there anyway to disable this warning/dialg box? Try putting the following in the OnLoad event of the form: crmForm.detachCloseAlert(); It's not a documented method, so it's unsupported -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Canadaka" wrote: > I find it...

Web ads missing in IE 8
I've place some ads for my business on several established web sites. When I visit the page where they should be, none of the site's ads show up but the the rest of the site content is fine. This is only happening on my 2 computers running XP with IE8. Each has a different antivirus program. I've tried looking at popup blocker issues, compatability view settings, reloading Flash, etc. The sites (with the ads) are fine on Firefox. Any ideas would be appreciated. Bookworks wrote: > I've place some ads for my business on several established web > sites. When ...

Open and Save Files in Directory
I'd like to be able to select a directory and for each .xls file found in the directory 1) open the .xls file 2) write the name and date saved in another workbook (in this case "workbook report.xls") and 3) save and close the workbook. I have the shell of the loop but I'm missing the pieces where I've written comments. A solution for this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Sub OpenAndSaveFiles() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim StrWkbk As String ' open a form that allows the user to select a directory i.e. C:\temp Workbooks("Workbook Report.xls&qu...

uploading forms on web pages
I have created my first form using publisher 2000. When I go to submit the form, I get the following message: http://fontainebleauhigh.stpsb.org/--WEBBOT-SELF--. I am lost. What do I do now? The form is located under the alumni section--reunion contact information. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. If you're trying to use FrontPage's process to handle the form, that web = does not have FP extensions installed on it. You'll have to find out = from the host what process you can use. "Jeanie" <Jeanie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

cannot save email password
in setting up outlook i can enter the password and save it. however every time i exit outlook and logon again i have to re-enter the password. Any idea ? I'm not sure which version you are running, so I can't give you specifics, but here is the general idea. For instance, in outlook 2003, select tools, email accounts, view or change. Then select your mail account from the pop up and select change. There is an option in your mail account setup to enter your password. Be sure to click the "remember my password" button. It's similar in outlook 98 and outlook ...

Health Savings Account troubles
We have a Health Savings Account as part of our medical insurance plan. Employer contributes to the savings account and Employee has the option of participating in a tax deferred additional contribution. We set this up wrong. Employer contributions should be going to Code W on the W-2, but we have it set up so that Employee contributions (a deduction) are going to Code W. Does anyone else have this situation and how did you set up your HSA? These are fairly new and the way we set up was based on advice from a CPA. My W-2's are wrong - I also need to figure out how to correct the ...

How to create stacked line chart with some empty value?
Hello all: I have a following data set for excel. ==A1 A2 A3 A4 B1 N 2 5 3 B2 8 N 2 7 B3 4 2 N 6 B4 7 6 4 N I need to draw a stacked line with series in columns. But whenever, i use excel to create chart from this dataset, excel always canot generate the chart style i expect. For the cells, A1-B1, A2-B2, A3-B3 and A4-B4, no value is available, so i want excel just ignore those values and continue to draw the following segments. so the each line out of four should be divided by the empty value without ...

saving a form as a page
Hi there I am trying to save a form as a page. I opened the form, click on save as and a box pops up that has the option to save as a form or a page. I selected page than I get an error code that states: "There was an error loading the XML data file'C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\content.MSO\3B68C570.temp. Please make sure that the file is a properly formatted XML file. A semi colon character was expected" Does anyone know the steps to rectify this? -- Thank-you! Ruth On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 05:23:01 -0800, Ruth <Ruth@discussions.mi...

Percentage line chart
I need to create a percentage line chart based on the following an Arrival and a Departure spreadsheet. The x axis is the dates and the y axis would need to be the number of employees with 0 being in the middle of the graph, not the bottom. After the line for the arrivals and the line for the departures is on the graph, I then need to have a line showing the percentage between the other two lines. I have tried various ways of doing this, but with no success. Can anyone help? Zero in the middle is achieved by scaling the axis min and max appropriately, then entering zero for Category...

Picture occasionally saving as an attachment
Hi, I have pictures saved with all my contacts, the majority all seem fine, except now when I add a new contact and picture and view by the Phone List there is an icon in the Sort By: Attachment column for these new contacts. Can someone explain why this is happening and how to remove. Thanks Jason ...

.net Web Service on WSS 03?
We want to create a web service to write files to our NAS box. Can a .net Web Service run on Windows Storage Server 2003? ...

Moving between pages of tabs in a form
Hi there I have created a form which has 5 tab pages. I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on. I'm not sure how to do this. Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been filled correctly. Thank you in advance. Hi, I am confused. How does what you want to do differ from just clicking on each of the tabs in succession? Clifford Bass forest8 wrote: >Hi there > >I have created a form which has 5 tab pages. &...