save as problem

I cant save my excel file
The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening?

"From a prior post by Ron DeBruin,

You can reset your menubar to default.

Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet
menubar. Click Reset button.

Using VBA Application :
CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset

Or the whole menubar
Application.CommandBars(1).Reset
You lost the things you add to the menubar!!"

And one link that offers some suggestions.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&th=cb9332b6747b0d39&rnum=13

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 02:54:08 -0700, "kari" <kari.corneliussen@kas.as>
wrote:

>I cant save my excel file
>The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening?

0
pfsardella (72)

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...

saving/moving outlook files
I need to re-format my hard drive and re-install my OS after being infected with a trojan. How do I download my Outlook files to a disk and then move them back to my hard drive? ...

Save as JPEG: no margins
Hi. Using Visio 2003, I saved a drawing as JPEG. However, I would like to have margins around the shapes. How can I achieve this? TIA Draw a rectangle around everything. Give it no fill. Set the line transparency to 100%. Now export to .jpg. You should get your margins! -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Nananana" <dnoam@il.ibm.com> wrote in message news:1109939419.419015.242110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > Using Visio 2003, I saved a drawing as JPEG. > However, I would like to have margins around the shapes. > How can I achieve this? ...

save a resualts calculation in one column
Dear members, I have one problem for save and record for resualts of calculation on formula in cells of one column.any time i repeat calculation, th resualt save in first cell(link cell) and not move to below cell ,i the other word ,i want for any calculation by formula resualts save i next cell(without change of last try ). Thanks ras_mi -- ras-mi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ras-mir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 Hi r...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...

Publisher 2007 printing problem
I have a publisher file 6x4 template. When I try to print on a 4x6 photo paper instead of 1 page landscape it prints 2 in portrait. No mater what I do seems to change this. First, File Print setup Size: 4x6 Portrait OK Then, File Page Setup Special Size Width: 6" Height: 4" Landscape OK Build your project Save File Print -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tomincolorado" <tomincolorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CC2310B-E932-459A-94A2-45E96D530FC7@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher file 6x4 ...

problem with Corrupt pst file
I have a problem with a corrupt? pst file. cannot download mail, cannot delete mail in the folders Tried to run the scanpst.exe, gave an error first, did do some repair, still the same problem, tried again, said the file is fine. Did repair office (2003) no difference, restoring a backup pst, works fine (only the backup is one month old) I imported the corrupted pst file as a second "personal folders" for viewing but cannot move the e-mails from the corrupt to the backup = now main pst file Are there any other tools/utilities to check/restore the pst file? Thanks for your help...

CAsyncSocket::Reveive() problem
I am receiving some data in my application through the Receive() function TCHAR data[100]; int read=serv1.Receive(data,100); so here the data received in the data buffer is always half the data sent from the other side like if i send "AAAAAAAA" then i receive only "AAAA" which is half of the sent. what is the problem? "nexolite" <nexolite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47AD1B40-9CBD-4BC1-B196-B2A26EA1C908@microsoft.com... >I am receiving some data in my application through the Receive() function > > TCHAR data[100]; > ...

After crash problem
Hello, We've just recovered our crashed exchange 2003 server. All is working fine except for one user that keeps on getting prompted to enter his domain user name and password. Even when the information is entered, the user still does not get access to her inbox folder which resides in the server. The user has no problem accessing her email using OWA. Any ideas> Thank you in advance. Check the following things: Outlook repeatedly prompting for credentials - First possibility was primary DNS suffix on either the client or the server being wrong - make sure it matches the DNS ...

problem while printing to hp 1220c
I am getting an error msg. mspub.exe has encountered a problem and I have the option to ignore or close. If I close I get an illegal operation error. If I click ignore at least 12 times my document will print. This happens when printing to an hp deskjet 1220c connected to the lpt1 port. I'm using win98 with a celeron 600 and 192mb ram. I've reinstalled publisher and have current printer drivers. Any help would be great. Thanks Norm can you please type out what the error message contents of the illegal error. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they ar...

Sorting problem #7
Is there anyway to sort a series of rows and not disturb the cell formatting. My rows are alternate colours and during sorting this formatting moves with the values thereby messing up the appearance of the worksheet. Klaus Iden Check out the page for a Conditional Formatting example that should help: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm tj "Klaus" wrote: > Is there anyway to sort a series of rows and not disturb the cell formatting. > My rows are alternate colours and during sorting this formatting moves with > the values thereby messing up the appearance of the...

how can i disable save i need save as only
i have a report that others use. the main bady of the report is protected against change. but i need to disable the save so they only use save as. is this possably David, Save the workbook as a template, and the user will be prompted for a name when they use save or save as, unless they specifically save the file as a template as well. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "David128" <David128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5708134D-2619-4A82-9970-7ED160028F45@microsoft.com... >i have a report that others use. the main bady of the report is protected > again...