Save as date on exit

im currently working on a "cashout" sheet in which different ppl enter
their data and do the cashout accordingly.  right now - the sheets are
all being saved as hard copies and the information entered in the
spread sheet is not saved and the next person carries on as described.

what the owner of the company would like is an auto back-up of this
proceedure, where as the data entered into the spread sheet is saved
after the current session is closed.  im not too sure how to correctly
describe what i need - but i think that's it...  instead of not saving
the data - the data will be stored as a new file as the date in each
person's own folder... and when the spread sheet is opened again - it
will be as they didnt save changes and nobody notices the changes...

MEH... :P  i hope this is descript - i've been trying to search for
ways to do this for a couple days now...

thanks in advance

--
tte

tte
tte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2102
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=161414

0
tte.w2ozv (1)

I think you want to share the workbook.  Tools - Share Workbook - Editing -
Allow changes.....

--
Earl Kiosterud

"tte" <tte.w2ozv@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> im currently working on a "cashout" sheet in which different ppl enter
> their data and do the cashout accordingly.  right now - the sheets are
> all being saved as hard copies and the information entered in the
> spread sheet is not saved and the next person carries on as described.
>

> what the owner of the company would like is an auto back-up of this
> proceedure, where as the data entered into the spread sheet is saved
> after the current session is closed.  im not too sure how to correctly
> describe what i need - but i think that's it...  instead of not saving
> the data - the data will be stored as a new file as the date in each
> person's own folder... and when the spread sheet is opened again - it
> will be as they didnt save changes and nobody notices the changes...
>
> MEH... :P  i hope this is descript - i've been trying to search for
> ways to do this for a couple days now...
>
> thanks in advance
>

> --
> tte
>
> tte
> tte's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2102
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=161414

0
nowhere8060 (363)

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

count between a date range
Hi, I want to be able to count between a date range and return the value yes. I will show you the formula I currently have: =IF(M2>=DateCell-365,"Yes","No") This gives a yes if the date is greater than the date in M2 minus 365. This however cincludes all the dates beyond M2 which isnt what I want. I want the dates upto M2. If that makes sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Try.. =IF(M2>=datecell-DATE(1,0,0),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Dave" wrote: > Hi, I want to be able to count be...

Help with Dates
Hi all, I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". I want to create a form with ComboBox that will show the "ConnectionDate" as month and year only. The value the user will choose will be a criteria for a query. Please help. TIA, Tom ?Format(Date,"mmyyyy") would return 112007 so, SELECT Format(ConnectionDate,"mmyyyy") AS ConnectDate FROM SomeTable -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". > I want to create a form with ComboBox tha...

Saving an Attachment
I am trying to make up a rule in Outlook 2002 to take every message with Subject "ACT! Sync" and save the attachment to a particular folder, then delete the message... I'm sure I have to write a script or perform a custom action, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. can somebody help? There are some utilities that will do that here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm ExLife is one notable. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questio...

Converting Dates from YYMMDD to MMDDYYYY
Hi All; I'm looking for a format function that will convert a date in the text format of YYMMDD to text format of MMDDYYYY. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! You can't do it using a Format function, but try: Function SwitchDateFormat(YYMMDD As String) As String Dim strDay As String Dim strMonth As String Dim strYear As String If Len(YYMMDD) = 6 Then strYear = Left$(YYMMDD, 2) strMonth = Mid$(YYMMDD, 3, 2) strDay = Right$(YYMMDD, 2) If strYear < "30" Then strYear = "19" & strYear Else strYear =...

Save a Copy/Overwrite changes dialog box
All of a sudden, this dialog box pops up every time I want to save something in Excel 2002. The box says, "The file '<file name>' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? __ Save a Copy __ Overwrite changes even though I'm the only user that's changed anything in the past 3 years. The shared workbook command has not been changed at all, so that can't be the problem. The settings are the same as the ones I have at home for personal spreadsheets that don't have this dialog box. Help! Than...

Getting back a deleted test frame after saving the changes
My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't allow you to undo? On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:04:01 +0100, Denise wrote (in article <09056FDE-03FC-4988-8AB0-D1EA0896BFC7@microsoft.com>): > My son just deleted a text frame with all his work and started a new text > frame and then when asked if he wanted to save his work he clicked yes. Is > there any way to retrieve that missing text frame when it won't a...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

Date Range
When I use the following macro, what reference range is being employed that makes certain decisions for the conversion? For example, when I have a date of 1/12/46, this converts to January 12, 1946, not January 12, 2046; when I have a date of 1/14/20, this converts to January 14, 2020, not January 14, 1920; when I have a date of 2/3//10 this converts to February 3, 2010 not February 3, 1910??? Seems like this was only project so far into the future. I haven't tried all numbers but once you reach that boundary it assigns the 20th century to any number there and above. Su...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Saving emails to harddrive
I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by topic on my harddrive. Usually I have to copy the text to notepad and then to .docx. on Word 2007. Surely there is a better way to save emails to the harddrive. I just drag them from Outlook Express into the folder window where I want to keep them. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 15, 2:06 pm, bretsharon <bretsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get several emails regarding various topics and I'd like to save them by > topic on my harddrive. Usually I have to copy the text to notepad a...

Open an offertwindow after you have saved an appointment?
If you are in an appointment a customer would like to have a rollinglist with different status in it. If you choose a special status and you save the appointment as completed the customer would like the offertwindow to open automatically. Does anyone know if this is possible? You would have to do this in javascript on the onsave event. "Martin" wrote: > If you are in an appointment a customer would like to have a rollinglist with > different status in it. If you choose a special status and you save the > appointment as completed the customer would like the offertwin...

Need to convert Julian Day to Gregorian date
I have a table that has a year field and day field. I only need to convert the day field which is a Julian date to Gregorian. If possible in a query. If not then in a module, but, I'm real rusty with access so please give explicit instructions. I have found some codes but have not been able to make them work with the table, I'm sure its me. Thanks for any help you can provide me with. There are loads of examples out there. The simplist one I could find that works is SELECT DatePart("y",[TableName]![FieldName])+(Year(Now())-1900)*1000 AS NewDate FROM TableName; -- ...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

Excel formula with date constraints
Could use some help with the following: I created a spreadsheet to track payments made to contractors. In this spreadsheet I have a simple formula that tells when the payment has to be made based on the date it was rec'd from the contractor and adding on the payment terms. Now what I have to do is add in some date constraints. Our paying office only processes payments between certain windows during the month. Lets say that for this month the payment window closes Jan 27th to Feb 2nd. What I need to do is if after someone enters the date the payment is rec'd and the 14 days is ...

Mail Merge Date Format Problem
Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing the format in Excel first which doesn't work and my PC is set up with UK date as standard. Any ideas how I can change it? Cheers Nick Hi Nick (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when || the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english || format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing || the format in E...

saving out look address book
i want to upgrade to outlook 2007 and understand i have to save my emails in ..pst folder but how do i save my outlook address book? There is no address book in Outlook. The PST file contains all your Outlook data. Why did you think otherwise? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rickgeo" <rickbrown@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:96EC536B-4B56-4013-AB85-6A45ECED268B@microsoft.com... >i want to upgrade to outlook 2007 and understand i have to save my emails >in .pst folder but how do i save my outlook address book? your email, contacts etc are allready saved i...

sum of dates
I have a list of sales with dates, like 23-Mar-00. I would like to add up how many sales were made in the year 2001. I know this is probably very easy but I am new at this. Thanks for your help. Brent ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(date_range)=2003)*1,sales_range) Jerry debtless wrote: > I have a list of sales with dates, like 23-Mar-00. I would like to add > up how many sales were made in the year 2001. I know this is proba...

summing a column gives me a date
I have a worksheet with each month listed on the columns. I have each row totaled out, and wish to total expenditures for the month. But when I do, I get a date, and not a numerical value - which is what I want. What am I doing wrong. Without seeing the formula, it is impossible to give a meaningful reply. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:13:01 -0800, jimfitegcs <jimfitegcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet with each month listed on...

Search records with dates, then Group by month
I'm writing a macro that searches a spreadsheet for dates. I want to find records that are associated with a certain month. The dates in the spreadsheet are in the mmddyyyy format. How can I write code that would recognize any date within a given month and return true. For example, 7/12/2007 or 7/2/2007 would both return "true" for the month of July. 5/5/2007 or 5/27/2007 would return "true" for May, etc. thanks You could use the Autofilter to give you a LessthanGreaterthan range. Otherwise, keying just on Months, you would get May06, May07, etc if your datab...

Auto detect the range depending up on the input date.
Hi All, I have an excel as below. If I give the date as input, suppose 6/1/2009, excel should do a count if function with the range starting from the 1st cell below the input date till the next date in the dates column. I am confused, please help. 6/1/2009 N New 291420 Roger N New 291425 Fred N New 291427 Lisa N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/2/2009 N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/3/2009 Thanks, S Where do you give the date as input? In the same sheet? ...