Save AS #3

In Excel I want to do a Save AS.  When I click on Save AS
nothing happens.  Is there a setting I need to set or do I
have a virus?

Thanks for your help,

Greg
0
gnewk (1)

There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360
OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save
         Files in Office Programs

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

OFFICE #3
I recently up graded my Mac operating system from 10.4.9 to system 10.5.<br> Now when I try to open excel the message says that it is being used by me. It could be an issue with naming the computer. Everything worked before I installed the new system upgrade. It could be a software issue. I have three Mac computers. I have used one ID number on each computer for a total of three. What is the exact text of the message? Only Excel, or any Office Application? Which CPU type? Have you applied Apple Combo Updater 10.5.2 (released today)? If it's any Office application, it's a bad...

Microsoft Office Outlook #3
A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". How do I stop this message from prompting me everytime I try to create an email? I am using Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange. I am the Net Admin and notice that my machine is like the only machine in the office (same setup) that prompts this message. Thanks in Advance What addins do you have installed? For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm --...

SUM #3
Can anyone please tell me why on earth sometimes these stupid green corners appear. when I do a sum with any of them I get a zero. If I ignore the green corner things , it won't count, but if I convert to number it works. So if I go to Format Cells and change to Number, why doesn't that do it!! and how can I avoid getting those stupid green things. Surely by default if you type in a number it means you want it as a number.? Ta J If the cell was pre-formatted as Text you can get a number that looks like a number but is not. That's why you get the "stupid" gree...

address book question #3
Using Outlook 2003... Whenever I open the Outlook Address Book, a dialog pops up telling me that the contact list associated with the address book can't be opened. Problem is, there are clearly contacts listed in Outlook. It gets really wierd when I check the properties for the address boon under "Tools --> Email Accounts --> View or Change existing directories or address books." There's nothing listed in there, yet there's a contacts folder listed in the "Show names from" dropdown in the address book dialog. So... How do I delete the current, e...

Freezing Panes #3
Hi All I have a question about freezing panes. I know that you can freeze panes at one point in your spreadsheet (Say the first 5 rows) whereby you can scroll down as much as you want and the top 5 rows stay constant on your spread sheet. What I am looking to do is to freeze to points on a spreadsheet so that you can scroll only through a defined area. For example: Rows 1 through 5 are frozen Rows 200 through 205 are frozen So you can only scroll in between rows 6 and 199. That was my column headers and my totals for the information that I am entering are always visible on the screen an...

Outlook has stopped working #3
I am not at all knowledgeable about this so I am hoping you will have patience with me as I learn. Thanks in advance. I tried to get into my mail yesterday and it would not open. Hesitated for a couple of minutes and then shut down and a box came up. I am going to type what was in the box in hopes someone can help me understand it: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:\Users\Teresa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, an...

Customising Outlook Today #3
Following system crash, finally decided to re-format hard drive, re-install windows 98 and the upgrade to Me, followed by re-installation of MS Office 2000. Having done so, I then downloaded updates to Me. I am now no longer able to customise Outlook Today home page; it always starts with my Inbox and I have to select Outlook Today page. I then press "customise" in the hope of achieving the "always start with this page" option, and nothing happens. Have since downloaded all Office 2000 updates, but this has not cured the problem. Any advice would be appreciat...

How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the document without typing in all the measurements? Save it as a template; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NowWow" <NowWow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D892886-B419-4784-...

AUTOMATION #3
Hello, I have been attempting to implement Visual Basic Editor and I cannot seem to get it right. I am wondering if anyone would be reluctant to provide me with some easy to follow instructions for automating Outlook. I am also wondering if anyone would be willing to send me some useful scripts to help get me started? You may email me at djr9239@fastmail.fm I really do appreciate the help and apologize for being such a novice, as compared to most of you. I just need some direction to get me going. Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to your responses. Respectfully...

Linking Question #3
I have several books that are all in the same folder (master templates) I'd like to link them with out recording the "full path", that way I can copy the files to "project" folders and use them. But I don't want them pointing back to the files in the master template folder. Can I declare some kind of variable %HERE% so that the linked files always searches the folder where the current file is located? Thanks for any suggestions. xjvs xjvs, Once way to do it that always works is to open the several files from the master folder, then save each file into the p...

Outlook 2000 Tasks #3
I have a handful of people who maintain a "shared" or "team" folder in outlook. The folder has its own address, task folder, etc. I need to have the ability for one user to create a task with a due date, and for the task reminder to appear also for the others who share that folder. Is this possible? I tried it once, and was able to create a task that was viewable to all, but no reminder popped up when the due date/time arrived. ...

File Dialog Explorer style + manipulate existing controls #3
First, thx for your replies on my first question. I ave another question: in my application I have an online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the languages German, English and French. Can i manipulate the buttons and labels of the modern file-open-dialog at runtime? I don't want to add new controls only manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this possible with the file dialog which uses explorer style? thx ...

VBA #3
I have a standard database which i need to upload it into my accounting software. In this database, one column is sale amount whereby sometime the value is NIL. Is anyone know how to write VBA to run down that particular column to delete those row with sale amount is NIL? Thank you so much in advance. Howard wrote: > I have a standard database which i need to upload it into my accounting > software. In this database, one column is sale amount whereby sometime the > value is NIL. > > Is anyone know how to write VBA to run down that particular column to delete > th...

OWA 2003 #3
The junk mail feature works beautifully on outlook 2003 client. On OWA 2003, it doesn't seem to be working. Is junk mail a feature of exchange 2003 or outlook 2003? If it is a feature of exchange 2003, how come spam gets through when I use OWA 2003? Thanks in advance, "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >The junk mail feature works beautifully on outlook 2003 client. On OWA >2003, it doesn't seem to be working. > >Is junk mail a feature of exchange 2003 or outlook 2003? Outlook 2003. >If it is a feature of exchange 2003, how come spam gets thro...

.tmp files #3
Excel 2000 is leaving the tmp file in the folder when any spreadsheet is opened and closed. This is confusing to the users and is wasting network drive space. I found that it should be renaming and/or deleting these files. Is this a feature or is there some setting I am missing. "Mike Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Excel 2000 is leaving the tmp file in the folder when any >spreadsheet is opened and closed. This is confusing to >the users and is wasting network drive space. >I found that it should be renaming and/or deleting these >fi...

outlook attachment problem #3
Dear all, Our company had upgraded to Win server 08 & exchange 07 last year. Some of the Outlook user have the attachment problem, many file is pdf & xls. Some of the pdf and xls file is OK and some have the problem. We try to open it directly in the email, the pdf file is damage & the xls file is blank sheet. We save the file on desktop first and then open, same problem and it show the file size is 0 kb. We also try to open in outlook web access, it can open directly and no problem. This problem also occur on outlook 03 pc and outlook 07, but some of the pc using outlook 03 ...

vlookup #3
Is there a way to use a vlookup to look across multiple tabs within an excel file? Example Tab 1 contains sales data from salesmen in State A Salesman Sales 1 100 2 200 3 500 Tab 2 contains sales data from salesmen in State B Salesman Sales 5 1000 6 600 7 800 From another tab, I would like to be able to type in a salesman's number and get their sales, regardless of which tab they're on, without having to first combine the data onto one sheet. * The data is in the exact same place on e...

Mark saved messages as sent
I have a rule that moves a copy of messages I send through my work account to a work sent folder. But the messages show up there as unread. I'd like to have the messages saved as read, but the only way I can figure to do it is to manually right-click the folder, then select mark all messages as read. Is there a better way? Thanks. Marti ...

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

Open/Save screen settings
Hi, When I try to SAVE or OPEN the file, the screen is always default in "LIST VIEW". How can I change the default in DETAIL VIEW? Thanks, Open 'My Computer' then set the view to Details. With it still open, choose Tools and Folder Options, click the [View] tab and then the button that says "Apply to All Folders". "Saz" wrote: > Hi, When I try to SAVE or OPEN the file, the screen is always default > in "LIST VIEW". How can I change the default in DETAIL VIEW? > Thanks, > > ...

Search Folders #3
Dear Sirs, I have created a search folder to search a public folder in a general public folder tree, unfortunately newly added items to the search folder are not searched even after this public folder is indexed till the search folder is deleted and recreated. What could I be doing wrong? Regards, Yahya ...

#name? error after saving excel spreadsheet as web page
I have written an excel spreadsheet that takes advantage of a fair number of excel functions. When I save as a web page with interactivity, I am getting #name? errors from a number of the functions in the spreadsheet (including if statements and lookups). I am using Excel 2002 on Windows XP with IE 6.0. Any suggestions on how to fix this? ...

losing animation in Outlook emails when saving
When I try to save animated pictures in emails (not placed as attachments) the only choice I get is a bmp file. Because of this, I then have to re-save to a gif from another photo program. The problem is I lose the animations. Is this maybe as simple as changing a setting in Outlook? I use Outlook 2003. When you get the save box. Even thought the only file extension it gives you in .bmp, ignore it. Leave that as it is and in the File Name box type filename.gif and it should (In theory) ignore the .bmp and save it as a GIF file. This should then keep the animation going Regards Ash. ...

How can I save embedded files as gifs
I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? Empty your Temporary Internet Files and try again. "Royalscotty" wrote: > I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save > files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? ...

how can I take 3 cells and move them to a different column into 1
need formula or process to move 3 consectuive cells from column B to one cell in column A without manually insertng 2 new cells and copy and paste. Need to do it for extensive data sheet and would take a long time to do it manually. Is there a quicker way? Almost certainly needs code, but a little more detail on the problem is perhaps needed -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "manz77" <manz77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1351F20-B54D-4F42-8557-C7A5F0D2BD3B@microsoft.com... > n...