Running Totals for Pivot Tables

Hello

I have a pivot table with months across the top and
version as the row:-

              Data
Version       Jul  Aug  Sept  Oct
1              1    4    7     10
2              2    5    8     11
3              3    6    9     12

Just wondered if it is possible to add cumulative totals
to a pivot table? ie.

              Data
Version       Jul  Aug  Sept  Oct
1              1    4    7     10
2              2    5    8     11
3              3    6    9     12
Cumulative 1   1    5    12    22

Thanks

Lesley

0
anonymous (74722)

Make your pivot table and then use menu Insert/Calculated Field.
You can now add a calculated field with a formula like :-
= Jul + Au

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I understand your
reply as when I add an extra field it just inserts it on
to the end of the data. I need it to be underneath the
data and as the formula is always changing ie = july under
july then =aug+july under august is it possible to have
just one field?

Thanks

Lesley

0
anonymous (74722)

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

Pivot Table Source Data
I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has my brain turned to mush? thanks for the help in advance. Bryan P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but ...

Sales Distribution Entry table
Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales Distribution Entry window? Thanks. On Feb 27, 10:44=A0am, ALGP <gpjef...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales > Distribution Entry window? > > Thanks. SOP10102 ...

Run macro only if
Hi, i need a macro to run if A1 contains "John" and C1 contains "Mari", and if D1 is blank. If this criteria is not mached, then the macro to display a message. Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Is this what you mean Sub somemacro() Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit With sht If UCase(.Range("A1")) <> "JOHN" _ Or UCase(.Range("C1")) <> "MARI" _ Or .Range("D1") <> "" Then MsgBox "Criteria not met" Exit Sub End If End With 'Your code End Su...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

Data Tables
In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that. Steve Looks that way, at least in Excel97 (my ver) But we could always mirror the data tables (or parts thereof) elsewhere (eg: another sheet) via simple link formulas -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Steve D" <sdrenker_(you_know_what_here)_media.sj.nec.com> wrote in message news:ufhMsZfyFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Table name length in microsoft query
Hi! Is it true that the maximum length of a tablename is still 8 characters. I'm useing Excel 97 and trying to get data from a Paradox 9 table via odbc-link and Microsoft Query. I have heard a few years ago that long names are OK and supported all over the microsoftian regime. Is there any trick to avoid this without shortening all the names. Greetings from Helsinki HK ...

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

run ShellExecute but from a console application
I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like "system" is not appropriate). Can someone advise please? Thanks in advance Sam NULL handle is allowed. "Sam" <sam@rentai.com> wrote in message news:uFHRnQMeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that > it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like > "system" is not appropriate). > > Can someone adv...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

Run-time 3201 error
Upon coverting two versions of the same database (97 and 2000) over to 2002, we get a mysterious error message "Run-time error ' 3201': No current record." when trying to open certain forms from the Switchboard. The same forms work and open fine in either 97 or 2000 versions. Can someone shed a light on the problem? You may need to set references in the 2002 database. Open your database into the code editor window. Under Debug Compile your database. If you have any missing references your code will break and you will get an error message. Depending on the error returned wil...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...

pivot table 05-01-10
I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate them togeter.How can i use pivot table? -- meihua meihua;950632 Wrote: > I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate > them > togeter.How can i use pivot table? > > -- > meihua Option 1. Yes, you can use mutliple sheets connected to single pivot. choose, Multiple consolidation ranges option in Pivot table and Pivot Chart Wizard - step 1 of 3. Option 2. It is better to get the all data into single sheet and use pivot. thanks bala --...

Need to find the table
I do get some odd requests for great plains. My latest requires me to track down a table. The one i need is for one of the forms that shows in the smart list. I need the one under account transactions and is called Output VAT Nominal. I need to know what table/s supply this form. Even better would be if it was possible to access the hard coding of this form. I looked for it and found nothing. We run great plains version 8 should it help. well, thankyou all kindly in advance. Tools>Resource Descriptions is always a good place to start. "Saltious" wrote: > I do get som...

Deleting Import Error Tables
Is there a way to delete a series of import error tables programatically? I am pulling in unformatted data from Excel, which causes many import error tables... The data is good, just not formatted to directly load into a table. I would like to regularly programatically delete these import error tables, otherwise they just continue to accumulate. Thank you, I can't remember the naming convention for the import error tables. What do they look like? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Cathy" <Cat...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

VBA variable to population Table Question
I am using the following code to fill a line in one of my tables based off what someone enters into a text box. The problem is whenever the code runs a popup dialog box comes up asking the user to enter the variable values over again. How can I set it up so the values are just taken from the text box instead of being asked for in the dialog window? DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("INSERT INTO Keywords (ReferenceID, Keyword) VALUES (RefID, KeyPart)") DoCmd.SetWarnings True "Zachary" <zlehmann@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a40e9e56-e8b9-48e2-80e1-cb2...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

Pivot table and counting.

VC Problem refreshing pivot table
Hi, I have a worksheet that gets new data added once per month, using "Month" as a column. Before I added May data, my pivot table report displayed in the correct order- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Grand Total. I'm using Office XP. After adding May data and refreshing the pivot, my pivot table now is displayed as Jan, Feb, Mar, May, Apr, Grand Total. How do I get May to be displayed after Apr? The data is pasted into the source worksheet with May after April. This does not happen all the time, but is extremely frustrating when it does because I have to tell the recipient &qu...

Copy column headings AND formula totals to blank spreadsheet
Hi Everyone! I apologize that this was likely asked before but could someone show me how I can copy my 'column headings, column widths and totals formula' to a blank spreadsheet tab? I have set up budget spreadsheet where I input my receipts to keep track of monthly expenditures. Could someone explain how to copy the column headings, the column widths, AND the formulas of each column to a blank spreadsheet tab so each month will contain the 'same headings, same column widths and the same formula for each column'? Thanks so much for any help!!! katy Assuming you alr...