Running Sum of cell in many spreadsheets

I have a workbook that is comprised of daily bank deposits.  Each worksheet
has a cell H3 that has the total money collected.  I would like to create a
worksheet that will add the value in every H3 cell in the workbook.  The
formula must capture all worksheets in the workbook as they are added.  In
other words, I'd like a total of deposits for the year on an ongoing basis.

Can you also create a graph of the totals by month?  The tab on each
worksheet reflects the date of the deposit (Mar 8 2010)  or (Mar 5-6 2010).

Insert two new sheets, and name one of them "start" and the other one
"end". Position these sheets so that they form a "sandwich" around the
sheets that you want to add from, with your Summary sheet outside the
sandwich. Then in your Summary sheet you can use this formula:

=3DSUM('start:end'!H3)

If you add new sheets then make sure that they are positioned inside
the sandwich.

For your second query, you will need to produce a contiguous range of
those data values in your Summary sheet, and then use this as the
source data for your graph. To do this you will need to list the names
of each sheet. Suppose this is in column A, then if your sheet names
are purely dates you can put the earliest date in A1, and in A2 you
can just have a formula like:

=3DA1+1

and copy this down. However, if you have names like "Mar 5-6 2010"
this will not work.

Then in B1 you can have this formula:

=3DINDIRECT("'"&TEXT(A1,"mmm d yyyy")&"'!H3")

and copy this down.

Then starting in D1, for example, you can list the months that you
want to graph in column D, like "Jan", "Feb", "Mar" etc, and put this
formula in E1:

=3DSUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A$1:A$50,"mmm")=3DD1),B$1:B$50)

and copy this down. Then use D1:E12 as the source data for your graph.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 9, 2:13=A0am, AndreaV <Andr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a workbook that is comprised of daily bank deposits. =A0Each works=
heet
> has a cell H3 that has the total money collected. =A0I would like to crea=
te a
> worksheet that will add the value in every H3 cell in the workbook. =A0Th=
> formula must capture all worksheets in the workbook as they are added. =
=A0In
> other words, I'd like a total of deposits for the year on an ongoing basi=
s.

> Can you also create a graph of the totals by month? =A0The tab on each
> worksheet reflects the date of the deposit (Mar 8 2010) =A0or (Mar 5-6 20=
10). =A0

0
Pete_UK

Format Cells to Capital Letters
Can you format a cell so that regardless of how you type the letters into the cell it will format it to capitals? John Cannot do this via formatting. You can enforce CAPS by using Data Validation, but this would just make the user have to re-key. Either make sure Caps Lock is on or use event code in the worksheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Not Target.Cells = Range("A1") Then Exit Sub 'for a column use this next line ' If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False ...

how can I tell which version a user is running
I would like to lock out folks from a shared 2000 db who are running 20902 or 2003 on their machines...is there a way to test for their version? SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessVer) should return 9.0 for users running Access 2000, 10.0 for users running Access 2002 and 11.0 for users running Access 2003. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "whtsthpnt" <whtsthpnt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ef501c470e6$80ad5a50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to lock out folks from a shared 2000 db who > are running 20902 or 2003 on the...

Default Cell format of existing Worksheets got changed automatical
I am using MS Excel 2007. Most of my excel files saved with default cell format as General while creation; currently for the last two days when i open those files the cell content format is showing as currency format. Pls let me how to fix the same If you reference a cell that has a format (other then General), the reference cell will adopt the same format. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "NGBalaji" <NGBalaji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297839C7-D769-4623-94F1-2A77FD179E34@microsoft.com... >I am using MS Excel 2007. Most o...

How to prevent popup the authencation login window when running re
We use CRM 3.0 + SQL Server 2005's reporting service. The reporting service is on the other site.The site had been configured windows integration authencation. The client PC access CRM site via IE and the client PC hasn't logged in sepcified windows domain. When I access CRM site from client, it prompts an system login window. I input the domain user and password,then enter the CRM system. When I click the report on CRM, the system login window appears again. Can anyone give me a solution to realize log in only once? Hi Joseph, I don't think it's possible. > The repo...

Wrap Text for Merged Cells
Hi, Can somebody post some good VBA macro for wrapping text in case of merged cells (merged rows as well as merged colums or both merged rows and columns). Lot has been posted in this regard till now but i could'nt find any perfect solution to this. Please help. Mvrk If you've seen lots of code that has been posted, yet you don't say what makes that code "not perfect", how do you expect anyone to respond to your post? Should responders just guess what "perfect" means to you? Try posting back with more information - what you've tried, why it didn...

Run Time Error 2501 "The report action was cancel"
hi I have a access database with some reports. All reports are working fine except one. When I click Priview or Print window I get the error "Report Action was canceled" and the error number is 2501. I try to ignore the error but report does not open. Any help in this regard. Here is my code. Private Sub Command15_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command15_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Cash Voucher" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview ComeHere: Err_Command15_Click: If Err.Number = 2501 Then Resume ComeHere End If Any help in this regard ?? Thnx i...

Matching data in two spreadsheets
I have 2 spreadsheets. In spreadsheet A I have a column of e-mail addresses 500 names long. In spreadsheet B, I have these same e-mail addresses plus 800 more all randomly listed in a column. I want to sort the long B list such that the e-mails that match the short A list are noted or the non-matches are deleted or whatever is appropriate. I'm using Excel for the Mac v X One way .. Assume the data is in col A, A1 down in both sheets A and B And Sheet A is the "master" reference, so as to speak In sheet: B ------------ Put in B1: =IF(A1="","",IF(MA...

Excel version 2002
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C7D868.40B0B770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please, I need help. I am using a mainframe connectivity application (called Vista TN3270) to = pull data (realtime) from mainframe screens and paste that data into = Excel using copy function of TN3270 and the paste function from Excel. I copy the info from mainframe into the clipboard and then I created an = AutoOpen macro in Excel that opens, pastes the data from the clipboard, = saves the data, the...

How do you sum on top of a group by
How do you do a sum on top of a group by or how do you combine an if statement with a group by? My code looks like this: SELECT t_Starts_AppFlow.[Organization Level 1 : R], t_Starts_AppFlow.[Location Level 3 : R], t_Starts_AppFlow.[EEO/AAP], Count(t_Starts_AppFlow.[Step Name : CSW]) AS Hire, Sum(t_Starts_AppFlow!Female) AS [Hire Female], Sum(t_Starts_AppFlow!POC) AS [Hire POC], Sum(t_Starts_AppFlow!Manager) AS [Hire Manager], Sum(t_Starts_AppFlow![Non-Manager]) AS [Hire Non-Manager], Sum(t_Starts_AppFlow!Engineer) AS [Hire Engineer], Sum(t_Starts_AppFlow![Non-Engineer]) AS ...

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

How Can I hide unused Rows in Spreadsheets
I have a financial forecasting system built in Excel which runs to 30 pages. It is designed for businesses and includes budget, cash flow and forecast balance sheets and is able to be updated monthly with actual results which then drive the projections for the rest of the year. So that it can be used by a wide range of businesses, it has a large number of rows on each sheet � for instance it has 16 rows for different sales types and has sufficient rows for over 110 overhead expenses. This is because the expenses are broken down into groups � eg Selling Expenses, Financial, Admin etc. The re...

Same message received many times
Outlook 2002 downloads the same message hundreds of times. Outlook is set to leave a copy of message on server, and delete mail after 4 days, and delete when deleted from deleted items. Any idea what can cause this? Thanks. What sort of mail account(s) do you have? Is it only one particular message that gets downloaded repeatedly, or do you get all messages over and over? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "jerry" <jmascari@instantlink.com> wrote in message news:01f901c35d02$baa1...

Cell Number Format includeing other Cell Value
Hello, I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... My goal: Cell A1 content is "m2" as I Enter in cell A2: "10" -> the output to cell A2 should be "10 m2". Cell A1: "Dollars" -> A2: 200 -> shown "200 Dollars"... and so on.... Is that possible in Excel? (don't know VBA - yet :DD) Any help is appreciated! BR, Daniel How about just use a third cell: =a2 & " " & a1 daniel_of_vienna wrote: > > Hello, > > I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... > M...

combine cells #3
Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those in C1 with a space between the names? Mindy, here is one way, =A1& " " & B1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366327F8-7573-42A3-BF1A-9AEBE0275839@microsoft.com... > Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those > i...

Auto fill keeps adding 1 digit or 1 cell
When I try to drag a formula or value down or across the spreadsheet in Excel 2002 (Win XP Professional)it automatically adds 1 didgit to the value or references the cell next door to calculate the formula. How can I make the drag and autofill more accurate? Hi Try draggin with the right mouse button. When you get to the end of your range you get a list of fill options. -- Andy. "Ricardo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b0bc01c46826$09b920f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to drag a formula or value down or across the > spreadsheet...

make a spreadsheet
Hi leslieguy More information please (in the body amd not in the subject) See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "leslieguy" <leslieguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0299B4A9-C389-48C3-B284-0BD13C73C5AC@microsoft.com... > ...

sum the color cells
hi all. i have data with different color. i one column i have 3 color, blue, yellow and red. now i want to count & sum based on the colors. how to create formula for that? many thanks... reza hi, you have xl07 or higher, you are suppose to have this capability already. see help. i am having research trouble confirming that. if you have xl03 or earlier, see this site.... http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx regards FSt1 "reza" wrote: > hi all. > > i have data with different color. > i one column i have 3 color, blue, yellow and red. ...

Merged Cells #5
Is there some way to find which cells are merged without having to look at each cell? Sometimes I want to move or delete cells and it says" cannot move part of merged cell" or something like that, but it does not show me which cell is merged. Hi Terry, I am not aware of any inbuilt method for displaying merged cells. One possibility would be to use a macro like the following which will select (and therefore temporarily highlight) merged cells. As written, the macro will select all merged cells in the selected range. If the selection comprises a single cell, all merged cell...

Possible to 'copy' cell data into another cell?
If for example A1 contains: hello B1 contains: you Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you ???????? =a1 & " " & b1 If you decide you want money or dates, you can use something like: =a1&" "&b1&text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy") Dave wrote: > > If for example > > A1 contains: hello > B1 contains: you > > Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info > from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you > > ??????...

how to make gaps in plotted data when cell has formula
I have a simple data set with a value for each month except June. I want the chart to reflect a gap for June, not a zero value. Although I did tools, options, chart, make empty cells plot as gaps, it still plots the June value as a zero. In an attempt to get rid of div/o error, I have a formula in the data set as If (b5=0, "", c5/b5) . What I'm plotting is the quotient c/b. We have determined that the formula is what is causing the problem. Interestingly, if I open this same worksheet (as is) in quattro pro, the gap appears in the chart. Is there a different way to do th...

how to force running screen saver immediately?
hello: is it possible to force the screen saver immediately?? thanks M. "Maurice" <morisaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9WfHNhkKHA.1864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello: > > is it possible to force the screen saver immediately?? > > thanks > > M. > Instantly activate a screen saver: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/tips/screensaver.mspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Maurice" <morisaab@hotmail.com> wrote in news:e9WfHNhkKHA.1864@...

Re: how get rid of cells with unused formulas
Actually a much older solution is better for suppressing zero values selectively -- format with a custom format so that the third parameter is empty which is a zero value. This allows you to be selective. Format, cells, number #,###.00;-#,###.00;;@ the fomat of custom formatting is positive numbers; negative numbers; zero; text you can override positive, negative but those are the defaults. see the topic "Create a custom number format" in your Excel Help. related: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [s...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Excel Cell
Hi, Im trying to read an Excel file using OLE DB. I have around 500 characters in one cell. But the program is reading only 255 characters. How do i make my program to read all characters? Thanks in advance. dnk. hi, DNKMCA ! > Im trying to read an Excel file using OLE DB. > I have around 500 characters in one cell. But the program is reading only 255 characters. > How do i make my program to read all characters? see if this help: -> PRB: Transfer of Data from Jet 4.0LEDB Source Fails with Buffer Overflow Error http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q281...

Is there a limit, how many simultaneous logons in one mailbox can
one 'common use' mailbox in exchange 2003 is used by 6 different people and they complain that they can't all be logged on at the same time. Is this caused by a limit that can not be overriden? On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:08:01 -0700, "tp" <tp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >one 'common use' mailbox in exchange 2003 is used by 6 different people and >they complain that they can't all be logged on at the same time. Is this >caused by a limit that can not be overriden? Have you verified they all cant logon at the same time to it? hi, yes acc...