Running an Access 2003 query with parameters

I have a access query that prompts for a date range when
run.  I need to call the query from Excel.  When I run the
query from Excel I'm not prompted for the date range and
the query fails.  Is there a way to call the query and be
prompted for the date range?

Thanks in advance for you help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Replacing our Server running W2K AS/Exchange 5.5 with our 2 new servers running W2K3S.
Our current network has one of the server running Windows 2000 Advance Server with Active Directory and Exchange Server 5.5 installed on it. We are about to replaced them with two servers, one running Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory and acting as the Domain Controller and the other one also is running W2kS3 with Exchange Server 2003 installed on it. These 2 new servers are running on a private network and our plan is to unplug the current server (W2K AS with Exchange Server 5.5) and replace them with the new 2 servers. We have tested the 2 servers and are working fine, but our conce...

group/ungroup feature excel 2003
Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so that it is permanently inoperative. It is a pain in the ass. Paul Hi you could protect your worksheet and uncheck this option in the protection dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Manson wrote: > Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so > that it is permanently inoperative. > > It is a pain in the ass. > > Paul I just now looked in the "protection" dialog box. There is no option for "group/ungroup" Paul On some fine ...

Exch 2003 connect to 5.5 org
Dear All, We have exchange 5.5 organization with few site running. we would like to connect exchange 2003 to be connect to exchange 5.5 organisation to connect. 1. Will it support to connect 2003 connect 5.5 org. 2. what are the steps 3. Connectvity overWAN link 4. i guess X.400 is the best. some one pls help regds John The Exchange 2003 deployment tools will assist you with installing the Exchange 2003 server into your current 5.5 org. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no war...

Having problems running powerpoint slide show!!!
Hi all, Could someone please assist me in regards to a problem i am having trouble running a power point slide presentation. The file is a large file approx 390mb i am running a fully up to date system XP intel pentium D 820 - 2GB memory - 512mb graphics - asus mother board. My PC is SP3. I running Microsoft Office 2003 but the file i am trying to run was done with 2007 so i installed the MS compatability pack. I know the file works and with sound as i viewed it on school computer with lower specs than mine. When i try run it takes from disc or HDD it takes approx 10 minutes...

Subform-Query Problems
I have read thru many other threads to try and find a solution to my problem but to no avail. My issue: I have two tables that I am trying to link so that my 2d table data can be used as a subform on the main form for which all the data on the 1st table is stored. What I am trying to do with the subform is to have a datasheet that shows the date of visit..type of 8823 issued..etc but to correspond to the PROJECT for which the visit is for in the Main Form. I get the message below.. I have tried to change my query and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have Project Name as my Primar...

'Access Denied' error during storage group restore on Exchange 2000 server
Does anyone know why this might be occuring? I have built a copy of our W2k Exchange 2000 server in a lab partly to perform a disaster recovery test and partly to restore a mailbox from tape from storage group 1 (we do not backup individual mailboxes, and to restore one we need to restore the storage group and pluck out the mailbox using Power Controls). It is a rough copy (running different hardware and has different disk sizes and letters). I brought it on to the domain by using DCPromo off a PDC copy in the lab (built from a hard disk off a domain PDC). After that I ran setup / forestprep a...

Access 2003 runtime conflicts with Access 2007
I have uninstalled access 2003 runtime but every time I start Access 2007 I get a message stating that it is installing MS Access 2007 which is followed by Microsoft office is configuring access 2007. It does this every time I open Access 2007 Hello, This message is shown for the when you are using the application for the 1st time after installation. Kindly let the system complete the installation once. "Do not click on cancel". Once the installation is completed this message window will not appear again. It may ask you for the MS-Office CD in between if it does not...

Report Timeout in Access 2000 MDB developed in Access 2002
I have developed an application in Access 2002 using Access 2000 format. The back-end has about a dozen tables, and the front-end is a few queries and reports. The reports use DSUM and DCOUNT, but seem to function well in Access 2002. When I load the front-end in Access 2000, all goes fine, including the simpler reports. But when I run the more complex report, it stalls, with the status line reading "Formatting page. Press ctrl-break to stop...". Even after 20 minutes, ctrl-break takes me back to report design view. I even tried deleting ALL of the controls from the report ...

Outlook 2003
I'm not very technical but can do the basics but I'm struggling to sort this one out! I kept my btconnect email account from a previous place of work which has an office exchange which somehow still worked once I left the job until recently. The System Administrator has closed my mailbox which is claimed to be now over 60,000KB having exceeded my 40,000 limit. In the past I have had warnings and have reduced the size of my inbox by deleting or transferring emails to my personal or archive folders and then emptied my deleted file to free up space which seemed to work OK. R...

How to decouple MS Money from requiring online access?
I just tried to open Money '07 because I wanted to enter some transactions and check to see if a specific transaction had been entered, all +locally+. Nothing that requires online access. Money is refusing to accept my login. The Windows Live ID server must be down or something. Money is refusing to let me access MY data AT ALL, even with the "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services" checked. How the frak do I access MY DATA on MY COMPUTER when the remote system isn't responding? -- Jeffrey Kaplan ...

How do I access my outlook account from a different PC?
I need to know how I access my outlook outside of my home PC In news:50E9D464-3404-40F2-B01D-C2829C889A28@microsoft.com, Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I need to know how I access my outlook outside of my home PC Hi - you don't. Outlook is a mail client, a piece of software you installed & run on your computer. What you may be able to do is check your e-mail via your ISP or mail host's webmail server, or, if they don't have one, www.mail2web.com Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to know how I access my outlook out...

Outlook 2003 Junk Email Rules
Hi Folks - Can the built-in Junk email filters be modified? Can they be updated with new filters? If I change the junk email settings, how do I know what filters are in place? Thanks. -- Michael L. Laferriere No; Yes, if MS releases an update; by the spam that gets filtered. See http://www.mapilab.com/articles/outlook_spam_filter.html for a run down on the filter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.go...

Exchange / Outlook Permssions: How do I limit access to mailboxes?
Exchange / Outlook Permssions: How do I limit access to mailboxes? UserA has a mailbox that the administrator can access in Outlook, via tools, e-mail accounts. I want to prohibit this access. One clue maybe that in Exchange Administrator, when I select the mailbox resource icon, the UserA mailbox indicates that the Windows NT Account for this mailbox is domain\administrator. This appearance occurs despite the fact that when I view the properties of UserA's mailbox, the primary Windows NT Account is domain\UserA. So, perhaps my real question is, how do I change the Windows NT A...

Form parameter query
I'm hoping someone can help me with this . I'm trying to get my query to use a form to get the query parameters. When I run the query, it displays the text "[Forms]![frmEE]![cboEE]" as a prompt rather than displaying the form where the user can make a selection. I'm using the build wizard to construct the following query: SELECT Employees.* FROM Employees WHERE (((Employees.LastName)=[Forms]![frmEE]![cboEE])); -- Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated ... Best Regards A couple possibilities... First, I'll assume that (Employees.LastName) is a t...

Excel 2003 multiple files open
Some users open 3-4 documents in Excel 2003, and then minimize them. When they bring them back up, the document appears blank and all the can do is file�open the document again to bring it back up. Th problem only seems to be happening with Thin Clients Excel 2003 running on Windows 2003 terminal server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

VB application accessing Outlook
I have a problem with a VB application accessing Outlook. When the application is started I get a message up saying: 'Congratulations! You have successfully entered all the information required to setup your account...' This would be fine if I was actually trying to set up an account but I'm not. To make matters worse I then get: 'Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extensions:?". The syntac or format of the registry entry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for the extension to other extensions in the registry.'...

Web query and special characters
Hello, I have a simple HTML data dump which has special characters: ������ In the HTML source I placed <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> When I download this table, all the accents are translated into unprintable characters. I know there are macros which remove these unprintable characters, but then the word in uncomplete c�digo gets downloaded as cädigo and cleaned up it turns into cdigo. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks This was fixed by changing the meta tag to <meta HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTE...

Inward SMPT connection on Exchange SBS 2003
Exchange server (SBS2003) accepts inward SMPT connection but drop it immediatly. any suggestion how to fix problem. Outward connection is fine and server is sending outward mails. Fiaz wrote: > Exchange server (SBS2003) accepts inward SMPT connection but drop it > immediatly. any suggestion how to fix problem. > > Outward connection is fine and server is sending outward mails. Did you change anything in your virtual SMTP server properties in Exchange System Manager? Make sure that anonymous connections are allowed. I did not change anything knowingly. Where is the option ...

VBA Run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or arguement
I have a macro that adds a menu button to excel, but it has bee erroring out now. Here is the code that is being effected: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim MenuName as CommandBarButton Dim ButtonName as CommandBarPopup If Not CheckMenu("MenuName") Then Set ButtonName = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Men Bar").Controls.Add(msoControlPopup, , , , True) ButtonName.Caption = "MenuN&ame" Else Set ButtonName = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Men Bar").Controls.Item("MenuName") End If Set MenuName = ButtonName.Controls.Add(msoControlButton...

Outlook 2003 outbox problem #3
I'm using OL2003 for POP mail to my ISP. If I have mail items sitting in my outbox waiting to be sent, and I click on Outbox in the folder list to view the items, then the font the Outlook uses to display the items' recipient and subject changes from italic to plain, the date shown changes to "None", and the items don't get sent when I do a send/receive. The only way to get them to be sent is to drag them to the Drafts folder, open each mail as if to edit it, click on the send button so that it goes to the Outbox, and then do a send/receive *without* looking at the Outbox...

File Size Limit in Access 2003 on WinXP Pro?
I've been told that there is a limit to the size of an .mdb file in Access 2003 on Win XP Pro. I get an error message "Invalid argument" when the file reaches 1.99GB. Is this is true, does the same limitation apply to Access 2007 ? If not, I can upgrade my Office to 2007... TIA! -Joe -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Hi Joe, Yes, there is a 2 gig file limit in A2003... If you have compact/repaired your data file and it is still 2 gig, you really should consider moving to SQL Server. Once your data file is this size I don't beli...

2nd Exchange 2003 Server install failed during setup. PLEASE HELP! #2
I received the following error message in the middle of the second Exchange2003 setup.during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration setup "Setup failed while Creating Active Directory objects for Microsoft Exchange Server-Level Objects (error 0x80072030: There is no such object on the server" . In event viewer i have: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSetup Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup Event ID: 1002 Date: 15/09/2005 Time: 12.04.11 User: N/A Computer: MAILTEST Description: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Serv...

Access and Outlook Express
Is there a way to export names and addresses from outlook express into an access data base? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

2003 Contact Form Mystery
A while ago I designed a contact form to include a new merged note field. It worked fine, except that now whenever I add a new contact the fields are filled in with another contacts information. So I have to delete each entry before putting in a new one. To make matters worse, I can't select a new blank form or get back the original default form. I tried erasing the frmcache.dat but it keeps coming back --- still filled in. Anybody? ...

Binned OUTLOOK 2003
My Psion became a paperweight so I uninstalled the Psion/Windows XP software applications (Add/remove programmes). Having become fed up with Outlook 2003 repeatedly complaining that it could not find the Psion add-in, I followed it's first suggestion: in Outlook, Help, Detect and Repair, ticked: 'Restore my shortcuts while repairing'. Problem not cured, so took second option in Outlook, Help, Detect and Repair, ticked: 'Discard my customized settings and restore default settings'. This option appears to have re-installed Outlook 2003 - all my folders (saved e...