Run-time error'1004 using PasteSpecial #2

Dave,
Thank you very much. Yes you guessed correctly on what m
"ActivateNextBlankDown" did. As you can see by my sloppy coding, I'
still trying to learn. Most of my coding is just recording macros an
then trying to parse out the parts I don't need. I use Ron de Bruin'
Google search alot and copy and paste pieces together to make the
work.
Your solution works great and many thanks for your pithy lessons, suc
as not needing to select a range to sort it.
I really like this VBA stuff and I spend as much time as I can tryin
to learn, but I'm an old construction estimator / project manager an
the workbooks I develop with help from people like you, help m
standardize my company's recordkeeping and automate alot of our work
but sometimes I just get stuck and having the forum as a resource mean
alot. Thanks again Dave

--
Case

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27257

I think that this is the same way lots of learned--either by lurking or by
asking.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Splitting Y-Axis into 2 for a line chart
Hi, I have a bunch of data series that I want to chart using a line graph with $ on the y-axis and time on the x-axis. The trouble is that about half of them have relatively low y-values (between 0 and $100) whilst the rest have high values ($600-$1000). My question is: Does anyone know of any way to manipulate the y axis so that it ues a scale of, say, $20 for the 0-$100 section, and then "jump" to $600 (with zig-zag or something on the y-axis to tell the user that the graph is non-continuous) and continue the chart there? Otherwise the scale just becomes too large or too s...

excel viewer #2
Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time and simply: it's not good. I think not everybody buys Excel and Office so there should be always fresh viewers (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc) best regards, on "on" <on@vnet.hu> wrote in message news:O1DNPQveEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? > Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time > and simply: it's not good. > I think not everybody buys ...

DST client update causing huge lag time in outlook2k3
I am the CRM Admin with 36 active clients who work remotely. We use CRM 3 SP1 Ver. 3.0.5300 w/ hot fix KB931270 and KB925874(DST) installed on both the client and Server. I run the offline version w/ sql 2005 express ver on my desktop. After the DST update was installed on my local desktop client My outlook would hang for from 30 seconds to 2 minutes trying to synch up with exchange. I recieve an error report from outlook saying that there are communication problems with exchange. The rest of the guys on the IT team check the Exc2k3 server and it is working flawlessly. I also have one ...

FW: Use this security pack from MS Corporation
--gsydeaoodkdrzxm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lohgixbpannvck"; type="multipart/alternative" --lohgixbpannvck Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zgzowyecznv" --zgzowyecznv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from...

Using wildcards w/ sumproduct
I'm not familiar with wildcards in formulas, and I can't seem to figure out exactly what to do here. If the first 3 letters in cells of column A contain FPC, then sum corresponding rows in column P, then by the total number of cells in column AT where the first 3 letters are FPC. =SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$A$3:$A$20003="FPC"))),(closed!$P$3:$P$20003)/SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$AT$3:$AT$20003="FPC"))))) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanx, ~Julz Hi if I understood you correctly try =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(closed!$A$3:$A$20003)=&qu...

Outlook using RPC over HTTP and Passwords
We have implemented mandatory password changes every 60 days and the remote users with Outlook over http and not given an opportunity to change the password when it expires. After the 60 days they can't get in and I need to change their password on the server. Is there something I need to do? or fix? VPN users are being prompted to change their passwords and can change them themselves. -- Regards Chris Can they change them from OWA? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/...

How can I find out which apps are using .NET and which not?
I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their associated special packs. How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'cut-one-out' method, I do not want to uninstall and see what has stopped working.) I am aware that the different .NETS are individually and separately usable by different apps - my questions is what app uses which? Thanks for any pointers occam wrote: > I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their > associated special packs. > > How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'c...

add values using vlookup over multi sheets
I have a workbook which contains about 20 worksheets. In sheet1 I have a list of numbers which could be also on the other 19 sheets. What I need to do is look at each of the other 19 sheets to see if they have the number which is on sheet1 and if so I need to get the numerical data in the 5th column to be returned and added together. ie sheet1 a1 = 2001 sheet4 a5 = 2001 e5 = 2 sheet6 a21 = 2001 e21 = 5 therefore sheet1 b1 = e5 + e21 = 7 Hopefully someone could help me. Thanks Noemi Try... =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("2:20"))&&q...

Accessing shared mailbox from outlook 2003 using IMAP
Hi All, I am facing a problem in accessing a shared mailbox on an exchange server using outlook 2003 and IMAP. I have authorized to access the mailbox, but I dont know the exact steps for accessing the shared mailbox. I have googled a lot, but unable to find the procedure. Please help me in resolving this. Thanks in advance, am Goto Tools--> Email Accounts --> Click on "Change" button for your exchange server account and then click to select "More Settings". Now navigate to the Advanced tab and you should be able to add the additional mailbox for which you hav...

I Need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100
Merry Christmas, I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do this? put 100 in a cell, copy it, select row 2 and 3, do edit>paste special and check divide Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 by 100. Anybody know a way to do > this? Put "=1/3" in a cell and then select it, copy, then select rows 2 and 3 and click edit | paste special | multiply. "Brent E" wrote: > Merry Christmas, > > I need to divide all cells in rows 2 and 3 b...

1 Mailbox
Here is the situation: Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003) Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003) I have several users that travel between country A and country B. We have an exchange server in both offices. The complaint is that when the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs slowly. We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are. When travel a...

Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application
I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular entries to my Goggle calendar? OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle >calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular >entries to my Goggle calendar? It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and figuring out how to execu...

Sub report won't show lines using PrintLinesClass
Hi, I'm using PrintLinesClass in a sub report, which works well. Opening the Parent report shows also the lines in the sub report correctly, in preview view, but not when printing the report. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any hint! Joerg Try increasing the resolution(quality) setting of your printer driver. Change the color of the lines from Black to a blue or dark grey color. Increase the thickness of the lines via the DrawWidth property. -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups s...

Error: "ran out of resources" running 5,000 row array
I'm using an array formula to calculate the Gini coefficient of columns of data. I'm getting the 'Excel ran out of resources' message on any array more than 5,000 or so rows, which seems very low to me. I'm using Excel 2007 and have 3 GB of RAM, so it's not clear where the problem is. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Either a way to free more resources, or to calculate Gini coefficients without using an array formula? Thanks! Only 2 of the GB are available for the User, the rest is for the system. So you may have to reduce your data set. agbiggs@hotmail.com wrot...

FWD: Use pack
--nozugocqswhapz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ocmbostjnqamcd"; type="multipart/alternative" --ocmbostjnqamcd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wtcazseafbqr" --wtcazseafbqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

prevent blank cell #2
How do I prevent users of my workbook from making a cell blank? I want them to be able to edit it so have left it unprotected but I donot want them to be able to leave it blank. It looks as if the Data Validation command should do it, but I can't get it to work. Your repeat post appears as a reply to the thread in my browser. As a result, I almost didn't read your post on the assumption that your question had already been answered. I suspect many others did ignore your post for the same reason. Assuming that you know how to set up the validation condition (uncheck "I...

Using a form instead of a parameter query.
We are using Access 2007. There are several parameters that my db users have to input to "filter" the data that will complete reports for the agency. I have no trouble using date fields on a form that allows the user to define the date range. However, the users need to specify foreign key fields (long int.) and I wish them to enter more than one value in the field at one time. Using the In () operator works fine on the query itself, but how can I have the users type several integers in a text box on a form that will form the parameter for the query? Any ideas? And than...

CRM 1.2 exam for customers
Is certification available for customers or is this only available for partners. I've read many of these postings in regards to the exam and many people mentioned getting the study material straight from Microsft rather than take the courses...how would a customer go about getting the study material? Thanks Yes, starting July 1, 2004, customers will be able to take a Microsoft Business Solutions exam at Pearson VUE or Prometric testing centers. "Jen Selmeyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb2901c4390d$f3ef7090$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Cash Flow Doesn't Display #2
Folks - Any ideas on how to get Cash Flow to start displaying? (Money 2007 Deluxe) I've followed the KB Q312814 article doing one run of manual deleting each Bill -- didn't work and then the mass Bills delete under repair -- didn't work either. Even though the Bill summary is empty, Cash Flow screen doesn't come up. I have run through the Standard Repair. (Don't have/use Budget or Debt Reduction) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Dale. ...

Is there a Print Preview without using the Preview app?
Is there a way to see what a document will look like on a printed page while working within Office? I know I can do Print>Preview, but that views the document in Preview, not in Office. "Office" is a suite of applications programs - knowing which of those programs you're referring to would make it a bit easier to answer your question:) In general, however, Office never has done the printing & the current Apple guidelines for printing allow for the apps to no longer have to provide a preview service which was [and is] generated by the OS & printer driver in the first ...

how create project with mfc #2
thank you for reply, i'm on way learn , i have book on visual c++, but it is too diff j# an c++ in win api ... and mfc thank you very much, i take your recommend... Regards, Vis_line - ViS_Line ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

XML Serialization problem ( ver.2)
Hi folks! I have some XML Serialization problem. I searched Internet and found some good info but still can't resolve the problem. I have next situation: I have solution contains 2 projects: Proj1 and Proj2. Each project compiled to dll. In Proj1 contains Class1 And Proj2 contains Class2. Now, Class2 has reference to Class1. I want to XML serialize Class2. In order to do that I added attr: [XmlInclude(typeof(Class1))] before Class2 definition. It's compiled but when it's running it throws exception something like that: "File or assembly name Proj1, or one of its dependenc...

2 WITH statements
Doing this in SQL 2005. How do you connect 2 WITH statements. I'm trying to use (;) or (,) and neither is working. What am I doig wrong. I'm just tyring to get the second WITH table to show up. Thanks from a newbie ******************************************************************* WITH MtdCount(TraderID, MTD) AS (SELECT Commission.TraderID, COUNT(Trades.Broker) AS MTD FROM Trades RIGHT OUTER JOIN Commission ON Trades.Broker = Commission.TraderID WHERE (Trades.TradeDate >= DATEADD(mm, DATEDIFF(mm, 0, @TradeDate), 0)) AND (Trades.TradeDate <= @TradeDa...

Recipient Policy not working #2
I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the information stores from backups. Everything seems to be working fine, but now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address for them. The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it did before. Any ideas? Hi Andrew Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

CRM usage reports #2
What would be the best way to generate CRM usage reports, like - which users/business units make heavier use of the CRM - what are the crm's "most visited" areas - what are the peek hours or seasonality patterns in usage, etc. These reports could be used to help make decisions about hardware upgrades in advance and things like that Should these reports be based on IIS logs, SQL Server ones, or something entirely different? I think the CRM IIS log would be the best for your analysis needs. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 2, 5:34=A0pm, v...