Run out of columns

I have a spreadsheet where I have run out of columns.  Is there a way to increase the number of columns in a worksheet?
0
anonymous (74722)

Andy,

Unfortunately there is no way to increase the number of columns past 256.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Andy Schmidt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet where I have run out of columns.  Is there a way to
increase the number of columns in a worksheet?

0
chip1 (1821)

Vlookup with variable column reference
Help! I am trying to link two workbooks with a vlookup that searches for the last populated columns' entry in a range (see example below). 27/03 28/03 29/03 30/03 31/03 Data 6 4 Is there a way of doing this in a function? In a macro I would use the Range().End(xltoleft) code but I cannot figure out how to do something similar in a worksheet function. I basically want the lookup column to start at day 31 and make its way backwards until it finds a value. Another issue is that the seemingly blank cells contain formula - ie. not empty. Any ideas? Thanks!! Jen 1 ...

variable column names in a report
i have an application where the user can enter self selected column names which then in turn are added to a table... application works fine. however, when it comes to reporting, how do i go about adding those self entered columns in a report? any help would be appreciated Do you actually need this in a report or can the results be pushed to Excel for printing? -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP Help me support UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "k2sarah" <k2sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56B6FD1-2F5B-45D5-8760-A61E3CA41495@microsoft.c...

Hide Cell Content if no data in previous columns
I've made this work many years ago but now can't remember how. I have a job invoice to where the rate is 40.00/hour. This 40.00 is used in calculation to determine the total amount of pay owed. (20 hours worked * 40.00/hour). The boss requires that the hourly rate be shown for each job on the invoice, so that means it is in a column to where the amount is repeated all the way down. All I want is for the contents of that particular column NOT to show (show as blank), if no job has been entered. In other words, if there is no data entered on that particular row, hide the cont...

Copy one Column Across One Row
Hey guys, I would like to take one column of data and copy it across one row., so, I want the data to go left to right across the spreadsheet instead of top to bottom. If you have a suggestion to solve this, macro or whatever, could you please email it to me at: krea@dslextreme.com thanks, kevin rea Kevin If the column contains no more than 255 rows of data(256 if you are pasting below row 256) you can copy it and select B1 and Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:23:46 -0700, <krea@dslextreme.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > &g...

How to fix Run/time error 438
Hello In this forum Mr. Albert D. Kallal gently helped me with this piece of code to paste .pdf files on DeskTop Private SubtxtPath_Click() Dim strDeskTop As String 'get path location to desktop strDeskTop = CreateObject("Shell.Application").Namespace(&H10&).self.Path FileCopy "C:\Belly\DataBase\Docs\" & Me.txtPath, strDeskTop & "\" & Me.txtPath However, after clicking the button this messaged is displayed: Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method When I open the vba it shows in ye...

Run-Time error '13': Type mismatch
Hi guys, I've got a spreadsheet that contains macros that remove columns and re-format the contents of a report. The idea is that the users copy the report (in xls format) and paste it in this workbook and run the macros by clicking on a button. My macros assume the first row contains the first record My users are not computer savvy and pasting the report in my spreadsheet by selecting any cell other than A1 will mean that my macros will pretty much butcher the report and the results will be useless. My solution was to unlock only cell A1 and protect the whole spreadsheet...

Running total to new in different field
I have a database that I want to keep track of a number list for meters that is unique. Meters have to have a unique number assigned to them. We order these in batches. What I am trying to do is carry over my Ending Meter Number field to the new record field of Begin Meter Number. I have a formula to correctly come up with the Ending Meter Number. I have tried several different approaches, but nothing seems to work. I have tried this : Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Me.[Begin Meter Number] = Me.[End Meter Number] End Sub TIA, Gerald -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Totals in Stacked Column?
I can't display the totals in a stacked column chart. I'm trying to show the total amounts for each column but the data labels only apply to each series. Never mind - Andy Pope's website had the answer. "EllenM" wrote: > I can't display the totals in a stacked column chart. I'm trying to show the > total amounts for each column but the data labels only apply to each series. ...

Creating Labels, Missing Column
I'm trying to create address labels. In my file I have the columns for "Street Address", "City", "State", "Zip Code" and "Country". The street address does not show up in the window to select what info I want on the label. Anyone know how to fix this??? Hi In your table you "may" have IDfield, 1stName, 2ndName, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code and Country. Create a query based on the table. Bring all the fields in the query and create a calculted culumn with something like Capital: Left([1stName],1) Create a new re...

Clustered column graph with mixed data in 2nd column
I'm trying to create a clustered column graph with mixed data in the 2nd column and I cannot find a way to do it. Any suggestions? What's "mixed data"? Do you mean you want to build a stacked column for the second column in the cluster? If so, look here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "drhatt" <drhatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:648BC5CE-4DE9-433C-A824-325B6995D...

How to update a portion of rows and columns between two files
I have a Master file with 20 columns of data for each of approximately 700 rows. Each month, I receive an update file that I need to use to update 10 columns of data for 3/4 of the rows in my Master file. There is a unique identifier in each file. Not all rows in the update file will be copied into the Master file and not all rows in the Master file will have updates. What is the best way to do this? I am familiar with VLookup. Shall I write aVLookup for each of the 10 columns in each row that need to be replaced so that I can grab the cell from the new file? Or, is there an easier way? ...

Columns on wrong side
When I open a book in excel, why is column A in Excel on the right side of the sheets, meaning it looks like this: P-O-N-M-L-K-J-I-H-G-F-E-D-C-B-A How do I change it to look the normal way from left to right when I open a new book in excel? Hi Seems you have set Excel to read from Right to Left - as is done in Arabic language. To set it right Go to menu Tools->Options Choose the International Tab In Right-to-Left Default direction choose Left-to-Right The order of column will be A-B ... Regards Sukhjeet "Drew" wrote: > When I open a book in excel, why is column A in Exce...

Checkbox column #2
Hi, How do I create a checkbox column to contain boolean values ? Regards Bo "Bo Rasmussen" <krogenlund@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OtsOMgl6DHA.3648 @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > How do I create a checkbox column to contain boolean values ? > Excel doesn't support this directly. To get a checkbox you need to use VBA Forms or OLE controls, create a bunch of checkboxes, then link them to the cells. Check out View/Toolbars/Forms and View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox. Could you describe in more detail what you're looking for? -- My email address has an extra @ (s...

Wrapping text in column
In Excell 2007, how do you set a column to wrap text? I tried it and even though it seems to allow me to do it when I select column and check wrap text from Format Cells, it doesn't work. It only works when I select one cell and select wrap text. This is a bit irritating as I have many cells in a column to do this to. Thanks, Tom I find that this happens when I paste from Word. If I have the fields set as Vertical/Top and Wrap Text - then I paste any data from Word, it goes to Vertical/Bottom and NOT wrap text. If I paste data from my Textpad program that spans multiple line...

No Internet on SBS 2003 R2 after running CEICW
I ran CEICW because I've been having problems getting a stable internet connection on the SBS 2003 R2 server. We had an error with the Metabase.xml file that I repaired w/ an older version of the file, which fixed the error but maybe caused a config issue? not sure. Regarding running CEICW - I did this and it now has eliminated all web browser access ie. http. We do have client access to the server for file sharing still... so the intranet LAN part seems fine. We have a 2 NIC setup and here is a partial output of "ipconfig /all": LAN Adapter: DHCP Enabled: n...

How do I make multi column stacked graphs in Excel
-- Ed Hi, See the links on Jon's page for Cluster Stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Ed B wrote: ...

Subtotaling on column with IF statement results
I created a spreadsheet with one column having an IF statement - it calculates how much we should re-order per store based on what was sold. I asked it to subtotal for each store - the formula appears in the cell, but it does not calculate the subtotal. I tried saving the column as the values, but it still does not subtotal. When I typed in the numbers, it DID subtotal. What do I need to do so it will subtotal? Thanks for your help. -- STK By any chance are you importing the data from another application? Check out your numbers: does the cell contain an apostrophe and then the numb...

Windows Update website - KB953297 does not install
Hello, This update continually fails to install. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Here's the error it throws from the system event viewer: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297). For more information, see...

how do I run windows 2008 R2 forestprep or domainprep on 32bit OS?
Hi all, We are going to introduce the new windows 2008 R2 DC to our windows 2003 32bit DCs with windows 2003 functional level. I need to run forestprep and domainprep in the windows 2003 schema master. Can I run the R2 64bit forestprep and domainprep on the windows 2003 32bit domain controllers? Thank you! From a Windows 2008 R2 CD. In the Support\AdPrep folder there are 2 version of the adprep.. Adprep.exe -- the 64x version Adprep32.exe -- the 32x version. Use the adprep32.exe on your 2003 32x domain controllers. Allan On 4/12/10 5:14 PM, in article 107D855E...

Lines Between Columns
Publisher 2003 I have a newsletter page that is formatted to be double column. I want to place a 0.5 point line between the columns. Right clicking within the double columns then clicking on format text box>colors and lines then clicking the box in preview that is for the center line only nothing happens to the menu on the left. The "dashed", "style" and "weight " boxes are grayed out. Out of the six boxes shown there, the only two that activate the above quoted boxes are the two on the right of the bottom row (frame and frame with line down the middle). I ...

stop returning column headings from DB query
I put together a query to go against Oracle that returns a block of data to the spreadsheet. Is there an option somewhere to have the "Return Data to Excel" do so without also returning the column headings? I want the data only. thanks - Russ There are 2 places that you can change that setting..... 1)When you return data from MS Query the dialog where you select the location for the data has a Properties button. Click that button UNcheck: Include Field Names.......click [OK] Continue selecting the query destination OR 2)After the data has been pulled from Oracle Right-click...

Incrementing/decrementing column characters using only worksheet functions?
How can I increment and decrement column characters/letters using worksheet functions? I have a list of 5 characters corresponding to columns. The first character might be A, for column 1. How can I get the second character in the list to automatically configure itself to be B, the third C, the fourth D and the fifth E? That is, I want to set this up so that the second character is linked to the first, the third to the second and so on. That way if I change the first character from A to D then the second character in the list will automatically become E, the third will change to F, the f...

Schedule a macro running
Is there anyway to schedule a spreadsheet to open and a macro containe within that spreadsheet to run, daily without user interaction. Hoping someone has a solution Okane -- okane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- okanem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=930 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38427 How about using the OS scheduler to run that file. -- HTH Bob Phillips "okanem" <okanem.1rn6ia_1120475101.094@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:oka...

Locking rows (not columns)?
Hi I download and store my bank statements in an Excel spreadsheet. This is maintained in conventional 'bank statement' format; ie columns for date, payee, amount, account balance, with one statement entry per row in chronological order. I find it very useful to be able manipulate the spreadsheet eg by sorting alphabetically by payee, so I can easily see all payments made to a particular company grouped together. However, it's very easy to use the 'sort' function incorrectly, so that the date/payee/amount columns become completely dissociated from each other, and if some...

Unhide Columns A and B.
I've somehow hidden columns A and B. I followed the directions in the help section but it did not work. How can I unhide them? try putting cursor on cells (on top of the row numbers)>format>column>unhide -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5D8ADAD-977F-43D0-AB82-B0BA7D6F0FC7@microsoft.com... > I've somehow hidden columns A and B. I followed the directions in the help > section but it did not work. How can I unhide them? Thanks for the quick reply, but its still not worki...