rows to repeat at 'Bottom'

Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the info in a Footer perhaps

itrymybest wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.

3
Bob
5/4/2010 6:50:07 PM
Could you not put the information in the footer?

"itrymybest" wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.

Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.

If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>
> itrymybest wrote:
>
> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> .

You have a unanimous opinion, including mine, that utilizing the page footer is the way to go.

Your only alternative, that I know of, is the commercial add-in "Special Print" that I make available on a 3 week free
trial basis.
It consists of 3 utilities including one called "Rows to Repeat at Bottom".
It makes a copy of the worksheet, adds the repeating rows, and you print from the copy.
It can take a while to build, a minute or so, on spreadsheets with several thousand rows.
Just email and ask for it, if you want to give it a try.
No obligation, no registration.
I do ask that you use your real name and indicate your geographic location.
james.coneXXX@comcast.netXXX  (remove xxx)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

"itrymybest" <itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:66558AC3-1C3F-4D4C-A5F6-727577B7D2D1@microsoft.com...
Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

4
Jim
5/4/2010 10:18:09 PM
Take a picture of the cells using the Camera Tool.

Copy that picture and paste into MS Paint.

Save as a *.jpg

Add that graphic to your footer.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 May 2010 13:37:01 -0700, itrymybest
<itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
>and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.
>
>Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
>header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
>top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
>option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
>essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.
>
>If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
>to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.
>
>"Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>>
>> itrymybest wrote:
>>
>> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
>> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
>> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
>> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>> >
>> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>>
>> .

5
Gord

Repeating rows
I am trying to set up the print setup so that the 2 top rows are repeated at the top of each page printed....help please! Hi! Go to File > page setup Choose the sheet tab Rows to repeat at top Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26337 Click File > Page Setup > Sheet tab Under Print Titles, input* in box for: Rows to repeat at the top: $1:$2 (rows1 and 2, for example) Click OK...

Need excel copy a row and automatically insert new rows based on a cell contents
How do I make excel copy a row and then automatically insert new rows that are copies of that row based on a number in one of the cells in the original row. (ie; if the original row (Row 1),has purchase info about 10 ten pc's, (Quantity in Column B), I need to generate ten rows with the details from Row 1). -- paulmm ...

Setting row color to be based on content in cells in rows in XML
What would be the best software, and also what would be the best programming language based solution, to solve the following problem: I have an XML data set I reference with the usual HTML table. What I want to do, is to give rows in the data that contain, say the word X in column 2 a red background color, while I give rows in the data that contain, the word Y in column 2 a green background color. More ambitiously, I would like to set rows that contain X in column 2 to have the font style, text color, text size, etc and also the background color determined by one CSS id, while I set the row...

Repeating Project Tasks
I am relatively new to project and perhaps starting out with a complicated scenario. I am getting ready to start fixing up a 50 unit apartment complex with the residents still living there. Due to this, my scheduling has to go down to the hour of each of 2 or 3 days that we move the residents out. I want to know the best way of managing this relatively simple task and multiplying it by 50 (once for each unit) I started out by having each task as a sub task of the day of work and the 2 days of work as subtasks for the apartment unit that I am working on at that specific time. The ...

Retrieving Count of rows returned from MS Access Query
Hi Folks, probably a pretty routine question here ... I am trying to determine the number of rows that would be returned prior to executing an Access query . for example: If the user selects more than 65,536 possible rows, I want to warn them and then either proceed with a subset, or give them the option of cancelling their query and specifying more selective criteria. It is a dynamic query, which lets the users click on multiple list boxes to select the "Where" component of the excel query, and I want to enable them to select right up to the maximum number of rows. Ultimately,...

Rows to Repeat on Top of everypage EXCEPT for two pages
I am publishing a price book that has a cover page and seven pages where I want the rows to repeat at the top and a final page. I do not want the "repeat at top" to work on the cover page or the final page. Try this: 1) present the Sheet by Page Layout (in order to show the page numbers a water marks). 2) Select the to be printed range from page 2 until page n-1. 3) Go to file > page definition > declare the rows to be repeated + The renge to be printed (from page 2 to page n-1). 4) After Printing all pages with the repeated lines + go and print page 1 and p...

Modify Code to format entire row of data
I had the following VBA that I use to format my reports: Option Explicit Sub boldFillRangeIfCBoldOrBNull() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To 1000 If Cells(i, "c").Font.Bold = True Then Range(Cells(i, "a"), Cells(i, "O")).Font.Bold = True Range(Cells(i, "a"), Cells(i, "O")).Interior.ColorIndex = 15 End If If Cells(i, "B") = "" Then Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i, "O")).Interior.ColorIndex = 19 End If Next i Reporting need have ch...

Hiding rows #4
I have rows that only display data if the dollar amount is greater than 0. I would like to automatically hide the rows that have no data. Is this possible and if so how? I find the easiest thing to do is to apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to that range. Then I can filter to show only the non-blanks. Caconz wrote: > > I have rows that only display data if the dollar amount is greater than 0. > > I would like to automatically hide the rows that have no data. > Is this possible and if so how? -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I automatically move down to the next row?
For example, I only need my spreadsheet to go to column H. Is there a way I can get it to jump down a row and to column A every time I hit tab after column H? I saw one question that had some really complicated macro thingamahoozer that I didn't understand at all. Is there a simpler way? Keep hitting <Tab> until you come to Column H. Then hit <Enter>. This will take you to the next row, and to whatever column you were in when you hit <Tab> the first time. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the ...

unhide rows when cell is clicked
Hi everyone, Is it possible to unhide a selection of rows when you click on a cell. For example, if I had a cell that said "Fruit", and I clicked it, could it unhide 5 rows below that contained specifc types of fruit (ie apple, pear, orange etc). I am in the very beginning stages of understanding excel so any help would be greatly appreciated (but could it also be as straightforward as possible!! thank you!!!) Thanks! lauren You would need to create an event macro to do what you're asking. In the interest of keeping things more simple, perhaps the AutoFilter option might ...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

Delete row macro
I need to delete a row in a spreadsheet if the value in the last cell of the row is 0. With a macro Hi try the following macro: Sub delete_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "Z").End(xlUp).Row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "Z").Value= 0 then Rows(row_index).delete End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Esrei wrote: > I need to delete a row in a spreadsheet if the value in &...

first row on all pages
My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2 The spread sheet goes through column AD When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not work. The data is only printed on page 1 Any suggestions Gladys Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description......... Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method instead. Can be found at Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal. Merged cells cause no end of proble...

Excel 2003 row height format
I created a spreadsheet in earlier version Excel XP (2002 SP3), when I bring that sheet to another computer with Excel 2003, the Row heights are change. So, when I sned to print the file the print out is smaller than 2002 version. Excel 2002 shows 15.25 and Excel 2003 shows 15.2 So, What I trying to do is to change the Row height format, but Excel 2003 does not allow me to do that, the minimum increment is 0.1 and I want 0.05 ...

Why can't I show or hide rows in an outline on a protected sheet?
I have created an outline on an Excel 2000 Spreadsheet. This is a shared workbook and I have locked certain cells that I don't want changed. However, when I protect the worksheet, Excel will not allow me to show or hide the rows in the outline. When I try, I get a message window that says " You cannot use this command on a protected sheet" then tells me how to unprotect the sheet. I need to be able to protect the locked cells from being changed, but allow showing and hiding of the outlined rows. Is this possible? Hi AFAIK not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

"tear-away" tabs at bottom for phone number
Anyone know how? Most all versions of Publisher have tear-away flyers. File, New, Publications for Print, Flyers, scroll down to Announcement Flyers. In 2007 you will have to sort through the flyers, but they are there. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CKW27" <CKW27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC52F227-BD97-4FD2-BCE9-645275CC5196@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how? ...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

CStatusBar at bottom of CListCtrl
I would like to place a CStatusBar at the bottom of a CListCtrl so that I can display information such as record count etc. Most of my CListCtrls are Owner Data, so the solution must work for those also. How do I tell the CListCtrl that the record area is now smaller? Gerard Make a custom control. Insert a CStatusBarCtrl at the bottom and a list control at the top. You will need to handle OnSize to change the size/position of the control. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

How to sort data in Xl by adding a row at top
Dear Sir, How to sort data in Excel by adding a row at top ie sorting by row and not by column as is normally done? A row has nine columns. eg due date, s. no., bank, holder, amount, when given for renewal, renewed due date, renewed amount etc Regards, A V Joshi EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ec832ac7-6e4c-4ea8-81ab-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx ...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Spacing between paragraphs at bottom of page
I consider myself an advanced user with Word, but this annoyance has fooled me. How do I stop the additional spacing between paragraphs at the end of pages? This happens when I have a longer paragraph, and the document decides to keep the text altogether rather than on two separate pages. Any idea on how this can be fixed? Thanks! It's not clear to me what you're describing, but perhaps there is something in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm that will apply to your problem. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, A...

"receive" email messages keep repeating themselves, even after deleting
i have office 2004 and outlook...can someone tell me why the darn email messages that i receive, keep repeating, even after i delete the a bazillion times. i have my receive set for automatic receie every 5 minutes and they just keep on repeating, and its making me crazy...how do i stop this????? someone, please help !!!!! prostreetcars@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have office 2004 and outlook... Impossible. There is no such product as Office 2004. > can someone tell me why > the darn email messages that i receive, keep repeating, > e...

Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data?
Hi all, Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell 2003? Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I want to rotate it into a row form... Thanks a lot! You'll need to explain the rules a little better.... You want to convert 992 vertical cells into one row .....but Excel 2003 only has 256 columns. *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "cfman" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell > 2003? > > Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I...