rows to repeat at 'Bottom'

Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the info in a Footer perhaps

itrymybest wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.

3
Bob
5/4/2010 6:50:07 PM
Could you not put the information in the footer?

"itrymybest" wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.

Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.

If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>
> itrymybest wrote:
>
> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> .

You have a unanimous opinion, including mine, that utilizing the page footer is the way to go.

Your only alternative, that I know of, is the commercial add-in "Special Print" that I make available on a 3 week free
trial basis.
It consists of 3 utilities including one called "Rows to Repeat at Bottom".
It makes a copy of the worksheet, adds the repeating rows, and you print from the copy.
It can take a while to build, a minute or so, on spreadsheets with several thousand rows.
Just email and ask for it, if you want to give it a try.
No obligation, no registration.
I do ask that you use your real name and indicate your geographic location.
james.coneXXX@comcast.netXXX  (remove xxx)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

"itrymybest" <itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:66558AC3-1C3F-4D4C-A5F6-727577B7D2D1@microsoft.com...
Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

4
Jim
5/4/2010 10:18:09 PM
Take a picture of the cells using the Camera Tool.

Copy that picture and paste into MS Paint.

Save as a *.jpg

Add that graphic to your footer.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 May 2010 13:37:01 -0700, itrymybest
<itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
>and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.
>
>Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
>header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
>top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
>option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
>essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.
>
>If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
>to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.
>
>"Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>>
>> itrymybest wrote:
>>
>> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
>> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
>> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
>> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>> >
>> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>>
>> .

5
Gord

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Increasing # of rows in excel sheet
Hi all.. I usually import data from other programs such as SAP into excel and face the problem of excel running out of Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution possible to my problem. Thanks Rehan Hi no. 65536 rows is the maximum "Rehan" wrote: > Hi all.. > > I usually import data from other programs such as SAP > into excel and face the problem of excel running out of > Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total > number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution > possibl...

Getting row indexes on Range
(I refer to C# code, but answers in VB are welcome) I have a Range in Excel, which includes several cells (the cells the user selected in the Excel sheet). The range might include the following cells A2, B7, G4. This means that the cells might not be connected. If I look at myRange.Cells.Count, it will return 3. If I look at myRange.Row, it will return 2 (if A2 was the first selected row by the user). Now, I need to get the row numbers of all selected rows, so in the above range, I need an int[] of {2, 7, 4}. But I can't see any solution to go through the Cells and get t...

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

Help with auto height of rows
Hello, I've got Excel 2002. Spreadsheet has over 3400 rows and 6 columns. No merged cells. All fonts are Arial size 10. The first 1809 rows are set to a height of '15.00 (20 pixels)' and the remaining rows are set to '12.75 (17 pixels)'. I've tried selecting all rows and then double clicking on a divider bar to get them all to adjust to auto height, but they stay at the heights listed. I want them all to be at the 12.75 (17 pixels) height when you do the auto height adjustment. Why won't this work on this spreadsheet? Thanks. Mark Nevermind - I fig...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

Highlightin a row
Is there any way to automatically highlight a row with color in a large spreadsheet when you are entering data to know which row and cell you are in. *I need this hightlighting to move with the tab and enter key when I move to a different row/cell. Thanks -- Kim Hi try: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Note: This kind of event procedure will disbable the UNDO functionality -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6DDFCD53-4341-4097-BCA1-F9E7831AF848@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to au...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them
Hi, i have a list that looks like this 22 43 22 41 ... I need the list to be together 22 43 22 41 ... However i can't use a macro or something to delete the entire ro because other worksheets are related to the cells, so when i delte th row, the #ref thing apears, somebody know a formula or something tha can help me? Thanks a lo -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 You could fi...

Enter key will no longer return to begining of next row
From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only activate the cell directly below the current cell. What Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing. Help! Sandy look in Tools | Options | and on the Edit tab check what's in "Move selection after Enter" Regards Trevor "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212b01c3e06b$ac7afe50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > From one worksheet to the next, the ent...

delete rows when any cells in column A is filled in RED color
Hi people, I need your help for a VB code that can delete the rows with any cells in column A being filled in RED color ? Alternatively, it will be fine for me if you have the code that can move the rows to the top when there are cells being filled in RED color in column A . Thanks in advance for help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements If the colors are ...

Deleting a row when adding a new row -
I have a spreadsheet that contains 100 rows. I want to limit the number of rows to 100. I.e. if the user adds a row (i.e. row 101) then all data from row 1 is deleted. I do not have to worry about the deleted data as it is updated in the new row! Can anybody help. I think you're saying you want the first row to be automatically deleted when a row is added at the end of the table. The row will have to be deleted, it won't happen automatically. The macro language is there for such specific requirements. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com -------------...

Row highlight based on the 1-31 day of the month
I've got a table with dates displayed in the first column (ascending order). I would like to highlight each row based on the day of the month with one of 5 chosen colours (red, yellow, green, blue and orange). rows with the 1st of the month: red rows with the 2nd of the month: yellow ....... rows with the 6th of the month: red ....... Julian. You would use conditional formatting to display different colors based upon the day value. Your conditional formatting formula would look at the day value of the date. You will have multiple conditions for each row. Condition 1 Formula is: ...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

print multiple, separate rows on each page
How do I get Excel to print different rows on each page? I have table column heading I want to print on each page and a notes section as well, which is too large for a footer. In File, Page Setup, Sheet tab there are "Rows to repeat at top" and "columns to repeat at left". You should be able to select the rows you want, and they should appear on each page printed. (This is present in Excel 2003, anyways. I'm not sure about older versions). Kevin "DPixie" wrote: > How do I get Excel to print different rows on each page? I have table column > hea...

Turning a row color to "yellow" if one date field is greater than another.
I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current date is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do this? Hi Select the rows necessary and then go to Format/Conditional Formatting. If your 'needed by' date is in column D use 'Formula Is' and then in the box type: =$D1=today() Hope this helps. Andy. "Ray Stevens" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:umTvfnURGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current >date is greater than a &q...

Reading Last Row of Data
Is this possible? I have an excel document with two worksheets in it. Worksheet #2 is just a bunch of data sorted by date. Worksheet #1 displays data from the last row of worksheet #2. Is it possible to have excel detect the last row of data on Worksheet #2 and display it on Worksheet #1? Right now I am manually changing the cell references on worksheet #1 as I add data in worksheet #2. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -- sslack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sslack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Format Rows
We have a shared spreadsheet. Someone changed all the row heights and other formatting options and I want to change them back. My question is (for Excel 2007) once you've done something on cell A1000000 does that increase the file size significantly? I can't just copy the populated cells in the worksheet to a new worksheet because I have many macro buttons set up and it would be too much trouble. Thanks for any help on this ...

Insert rows and paste without clearing constants
I need to Insert Rows and Paste the selected row a specified number of times per an input box value. I am using the following code as a start and have commented out the lines to clear the constants and that works fine except the autofill portion increments the constant values. Thanks in advance for any help. This is how I need the result to be: Room Part# 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 This is what I am getting: Room Part# 6 WN1B-24 7 WN1B-25 8 WN1B-26 9 WN1B-27 10 WN1B-28 11 WN1B-29 Sub CopyRows() ' Documented: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie...

How can I size merged cells to fit the needed rows of text?
I've got data that can contain a long text string for one field. I currently merge 6 cells across and set the rowheight to 6 times the normal row height, and enable text wrapping. Sometimes this is too much space, other times it's not enough. Fonts unfortunately don't space characters uniformly, so I can't do it based on text length. Is there a way to do this based on how many breaks Excel puts in when wrapping text, or another method? You can Autofit rows with merged cells only by using VBA. One of the many drawbacks to using merged cells. If you want to ...

How do I have a formula refer to the most recent entry in a row #2
I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company. Some of these results are a YTD status measurement that uses the results from the most recently completed month. Is there a way to have the YTD cell refer to the most recently entered cell in a row? Not exactly sure if this is what your asking, but lets say your YTD value is in col a, row 6, you can reference whatever value is in col c, row 6 by using the following formula: col a, row 6 + (or =) col c, row 6. -- tenaj "sm7301" wrote: > I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company...

making a single cell the header for multiple rows
i want to make one cell cover a number of rows ( ie cell a1 to be a header for rows a b c d ) and actually cover a1 b1 c1 i have done it in the past but have forgotten how any help would be appreciated Hi Type the title in the first of the cells. Seclect it along with the remainder of the cells and use Centre Across Selection. This is the little icon to the right of Right-justify and looks like a letter A on a brick wall. -- Andy. "thomas e donnelly" <thomasd206spam@cox.net> wrote in message news:sKJee.894$Fv.636@lakeread01... >i want to make one cell cover a nu...

Cond Formatting a subtotal row
How does one CF a Subtotal Row? Subtotal Cell? Thanks What do you mean? What is the condition in this case, and why is it different to conditionally formatting any other cell? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Cary" <carygee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23sdnV6kWGHA.1084@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How does one CF a Subtotal Row? Subtotal Cell? > > Thanks Simply restated, how do I get Excel to highlight those rows in a spreadsheet which contain the formula SUBTOTAL? I have tried Formula Is Subtotal to no avail ...

Hiding of rows and columns
I have a work sheet moderately big with multiple columns and rows. When I want to hide the rows and columns beyond data area for the purpose of easy scrolling I got a message " cannot shift objects beyond sheet". I dont know why? Any suggestions to hide rows and columns will help me a lot. Thanks a lot. You might want to take a look at this KB article http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns -- HTH Bob Phillips "srinivasan" <srinivasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD94...

Excel XP Bottom Double Border Problem #2
I had previously corresponded with Debra on this subject, and have followed the suggestions on creating a macro for the button. It works while excel is open; but when I close and re-open excel it does not work. I have to re-assign the macro to the button. What have I done wrong? Is there a solution to this? A couple of observations: 1) A few of the steps described in Dave Peterson's suggestion can be skipped: select tools > customize; right click on Bottom Double Border button (if it is already on toolbar - if not then go to format & drag the button to the toolbar); then ass...

A macro to bold first row in word tables
I have been having an issue with applying new styles to existing tables in Word 2007 stripping away the bolding of the first row which contains the headings for all the columns. Is there a way to loop through the tables and apply this formatting? Also the first table in the document does not need the bold, is there a way to exclude the loop from applying to the first table in the word document? Thanks for any help that can be provided. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Rounded corner content editor web part with custom colors http://www.eggheadcafe.com/...