rows to repeat at 'Bottom'

Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the info in a Footer perhaps

itrymybest wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.

2
Bob
5/4/2010 6:50:07 PM
Could you not put the information in the footer?

"itrymybest" wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.

Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.

If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>
> itrymybest wrote:
>
> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> .

You have a unanimous opinion, including mine, that utilizing the page footer is the way to go.

Your only alternative, that I know of, is the commercial add-in "Special Print" that I make available on a 3 week free
trial basis.
It consists of 3 utilities including one called "Rows to Repeat at Bottom".
It makes a copy of the worksheet, adds the repeating rows, and you print from the copy.
It can take a while to build, a minute or so, on spreadsheets with several thousand rows.
Just email and ask for it, if you want to give it a try.
No obligation, no registration.
I do ask that you use your real name and indicate your geographic location.
james.coneXXX@comcast.netXXX  (remove xxx)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

"itrymybest" <itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:66558AC3-1C3F-4D4C-A5F6-727577B7D2D1@microsoft.com...
Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

4
Jim
5/4/2010 10:18:09 PM
Take a picture of the cells using the Camera Tool.

Copy that picture and paste into MS Paint.

Save as a *.jpg

Add that graphic to your footer.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 May 2010 13:37:01 -0700, itrymybest
<itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
>and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.
>
>Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
>header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
>top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
>option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
>essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.
>
>If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
>to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.
>
>"Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>>
>> itrymybest wrote:
>>
>> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
>> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
>> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
>> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>> >
>> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>>
>> .

5
Gord

Sort does not recognize the header row
I encounter this problem in only one of my worksheets. Others are fine. When I select the upper left data cell (a formatted date cell) the sort does not recognize the header row 1, even though the sort window is set to recognize a header row. The 3 options for the sort order hierachy show the contents of the header row cells, not the column letters. It is as if Excel is selecting the column headers as the header row, rather that the first row of data. I can get around it by inserting a blank row 2 beneath the header row, but I would prefer not to have to do this. The header row is 5...

lookup not in row but in matrix #3
Hello Beban a nice job! That's what I wanted. How do I a. include your functions in an existing excel file? b. add my own functions best, Frens : -- fren ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26682 frens wrote: > Hello Beban > > a nice job! That's what I wanted. > > How do I > a. include your functions in an existing excel file? > b. add my own functions > > b...

repeat text in same exact cells in multi worksheets
I have a workbook and have 20 worksheets in the book. example of what I would like to do. on the worksheet in the same exact numbered cells I want to put the text in once and then put a forumla to make it copy the info to 2-19 pages of the workbook. like 1 of 20 pages, 2 of 20 pages - I only want to put the "of 20 pages" once then have it when it's changed it would automatically change the other work books if I had 21 pages one time then it would change the others. I hope this makes sense. Thank you! One way This needs to be done once only, select the 2nd to the 20th she...

Formatting a Row Question
Is it possible to conditionally format an entire row based on input into one cell in that row, or am I "rowing" upstream? All help on this appreciated, Bryan Yes, perhaps a simple example to illustrate .. Select row1 (click on the row header) Click Format >Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings: Formula Is | =$B1=1 Click Format button > Patterns tab > gray > OK Click OK at the main dialog Now key in a "1" into B1, press Enter Row1 will be coloured gray Clear B1, the colour disappears (Note that the $ sign in the formula is import...

How to amalgamate 1000s of rows of data into a usable chart
I have the following data in colums A - D with the headings below. (There are 1000s of rows of data, but only the 4 columns) PhoneNumber_____Status____________________BillableTime_____Transfers 9588_____________Delivered to Answ Mach_____15_____________ 0060_____________Delivered to Answ Mach_____23_____________ 2024_____________No Answer________________0______________ 2024_____________No Answer________________0______________ 2024_____________No Answer________________0______________ 3868_____________Delivered to Answ Mach_____35_____________ 2342_____________Delivered to Voice__________1204__...

one cell in a row contains a number
I have a fixed row of 7 cells, any one of which might contain a number. the cell with the number is the relevant one and it will determine my formula; i will want to multiply the cell value by a number in another cel which is chosen according to the number of the cell in the original row. eg A1:A7- A3 contains 21 formula in A50 will wish to determine 21 x value of cell in column 3 of a range of columns because the number 21 is in cell 3 in the row. I was planning to use V or HLookup I think but cant fathom how to get the cell number form the original row. TIA Chris =SU...

How to get notified when inserting cells, rows, or columns in Exce
I'm making a client to Excel that needs to know if the user inserts cells, rows, or columns in a worksheet. The SheetChange event isn't informative enough. How do I find a proper notification? ...

pasting non-contiguous range of cells to new row, same cell locati
I need a paste macro that will paste a non-contiguous range of cells (ie "A1:B1,G1") to the current row in the same column locations (ie "A5:B5,G5"), assuming current row is 5th row. Does anyone have code for this need that you can share? Try this Sub test() Range("A1:B1").Copy Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "A") Range("G1").Copy Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "G") End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Not excelling at macros" <Not excelling at macros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:349879...

Create rows from a lookup
Hi all, I have 2 worksheets containing data that I need to combine, by creating rows WS1 has product data in the range of: Product_ID Name price Options_Ref 1 Product 1 10.00 18 2 Product 2 15.00 25 3 Product 3 5.00 18 4 Product 4 20.00 7 WS2 has the option list data such as: Options_Ref Option_Description 7 Red 7 Blue 18 12" 18 14" 18 16" 25 ...

Inserting & deleting a row
Can someone help me write a macro that would insert a row of cells above the selected ones on the worksheet? Also one that would delete a selected row of cells. Thanks, Chance Try this Change For the activecell Sub test() ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert End Sub Sub test2() ActiveCell.EntireRow.Delete End Sub For the selcetion Sub test() Selection.EntireRow.Insert End Sub Sub test2() Selection.EntireRow.Delete End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Chance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:114760...

How can I put a formula into every other row tia sal2
Greetings all I'm trying to get excel to calculate a formula for every other row is this possible. Example: Column A1-A9 has 1 thru 9 in it. Column C1 has the formula A1+3 and I would like that formula to be in every other row of C. So C1 would be A1+3 ,C2 would be blank, C3 would be A2+3, C4 would be blank, C5 would be A3+3 and so on. Is this possible? tia sal2 Hi Try =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,A1+3,"") -- Regards Roger Govier "temp@temp.com" <not@not.com> wrote in message news:Xns9890481A7165tenotempcom@127.0.0.1... > Greetings all > > I'm try...

Excel 2007: UDF can't reference row below 65536
In Excel 2007 (I'm on SP2), if I enter this formula: =SUM(A65537) It works fine. But if I enter this formula: =MYUDF(A65537) Excel turns it into this: =MYUDF(#REF!) That isn't the UDF's fault' Excel is doing that before the UDF has the opportunity to do anything at all. Is there a workaround or fix? Thanks, Greg It sounds like you are working in Compatibility Mode. How many rows does your workbook have on a sheet? I created a simple MyUDF function, and it accepts any range up to 1048576 unless the workbook calling it was saved in an earlier ...

How can i stop data being repeated within a column?
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. If anyone has a step by step suggestion that would be very helpful. And...

Hide Rows #2
Hi, I've been working on this for a few hours and am finding this one to b a difficult one. How can I write a formula or some code that will hide rows based o values? Example: If in Row 1, cells F1 and J1 contained zero, then hide the whole row (This would need to be done for multiple rows i.e all rows where F an J columns contained zeros) Please help. Thank You -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't do it with formulas, you need VBA code. This example will do it as the worksheet changes, not a macro to run to hide all rows at once: right-click the sheet...

Alternating Row Formats When Cell Value Changes
I have a list of schools with the school names in column B and the school's district number in column C. I'd like to alternate the row shading each time the district number changes. Is there a formula that can be used for conditional formatting, VB code or some other method to do this? Thanks for any help or advice, Andrew My Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows" does that. It shades groups of like valued rows or will shade by every nth row. Choice of shade colors and an option to skip hidden rows. Comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file. It is free upon direct req...

Showing rows & columns
I am trying to use Excell as a itemized list for a contract how do you get the printer to print with the rows & columns like it apears on the screen? Also is there a book or program that teaches this program? Patrick File | Page Setup | Sheet tab | Row and column headings Regards Trevor "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d04401c3ee8f$c30dc760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to use Excell as a itemized list for a > contract how do you get the printer to print with the > rows & columns like it apears on the screen? ...

Number of rows and columns
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that has only 85 rows and columns to AH. After that the spreadsheet is gray. I checked, but there are no hidden rows and the VBA code does not have anything apparent to hide or limit the rows/columns. Could somebody explain how that is done? Thanks in advance. BR, A. Crawford You are in page break preview, click on the view drop down and select normal to see the whole speardsheet Sandy AC wrote: > Hi, > I have a spreadsheet that has only 85 rows and columns to AH. After > that the spreadsheet is gray. I checked, but there are no hidden rows > and the...

How do I check for repeated values in three distinct columns?
If anyone can help me! I have three distinct ranges that are not connected. A2:A20 C2:C20 E2:E20 I want to be able to choose a number from 1 to 300 and place it in any of these cells but not allowing it to repeat, giving an error message if it does. I know how to use this formula in the data validation to not allow a repeat in one column: =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$20,A2) = 1 But, when I tried different ways to include the other columns, Excel wouldn't allow me to do it. I have Excel 2000. Please Help me! Claudio ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http:...

Format spreadsheet so that it only has a few rows and columns
I have seen an EXCEL 2007 spreadsheet that only has rows 2 - 6 and columns A - F. If you use the arrows it doesn't go anywhere at all except within those boundaries. The other parts of the screen past these boundaries are in the default MS window colour of blue and there are no gridlines. How can I duplicate this effect? Hide the rows and columns you don't want to use. To select columns select the one to right of your desired used range. CTRL + SHIFT + RightArrow selects all. Right-click and "Hide" Same for rows below your desired range. CTRL + S...

need to know how to delete duplicate rows
This is what I'm looking at: A B C 5 8143 UNIT BRAKE TEMP MONITORING UNIT 351H51002 124832 5273 VOLT METER 124832 124834 6771 AMMETER METER 124834 124835 5272 FREQUENCY METER 124835 124838 34 CSD TEMP INDICATOR 124838 124838 44 IND, CSD OIL TEMP 124838 124838 217 IND, CSD OIL TEMP 124838 124838 4306 CSD TEMP IND 124838 1652 3918 VALVE PRESS RELIEF 1652 I need the description in column C. BUT I only need 1 description per part number(column A). So if i delete the duplicate part numbers in column A, then I would be left with only 1 description in column C, lining up...

Mail Merge
I would like to create a Form Letter, importing data from an Excel Spread Sheet. On the first few rows of the Excel Spread Sheet is some data not to be moved, and several rows below the first row is the header row. Of course, when I go to merge into the document, the fields are not there because it is reading from Row 1. Is there a way to specify that the header row is Row "x", thus ignoring the rows above? Thank you Hi AFAIK not possible. Any chance you can use a separate sheet with the copied data? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MATT" <MATT@discu...

Rearranging rows & Cloumn( Please help me)
I have a data in this format Date Day Time Confirmed Home Page UV's Search Page UV's Ratio of H.S & H.P conversion this hour UV's 1-Feb Fri 9:30 AM 424 8456 4047 0.481 0.1088 1-Feb Fri 10:30 AM 615 13689 6749 0.5163 0.0707 1-Feb Fri 11:30 AM 926 19872 10104 0.5426 0.0927 1-Feb Fri 12:30 PM 1247 27366 13842 0.4988 0.0859 1-Feb Fri 1:30 PM 1584 34334 17307 0.4973 0.0973 1-Feb Fri 2:30 PM 1895 41185 20761 0.5042 0.09 & I want to re arrange this data like below Day Date Time Activity Value Data Type Monday 13-Aug 10:30AM Confirmed 256 Daily Monday 13-Aug 10:30AM Home Page N...

how do I put rows in excel to seperate, one addresse from another.
I have a list of addresses that I would like to seperate by rows, example:Golden Bay Federal Credit Union PO Box 127 Bldg 556 Moffet Field, CA Golden Valley Federal Credit Union Manteca, CA 95336 I would like to seperate each address with a blank row, and where there are one or two lines of address, with 2-3 blank line to make the format of four line in the address including the blank. Thanks in advance Hi, Betty. Mail merge with Word! **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Betty F"...

delete rows
i would like to run a macro that does the following. start at row 2 if L2 and m2 and n2 are all zeros then delete row if not then go to next row and do the same check. the macro should end once the "L" field is blank. let me know if more info is need thanks -- One way: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iRow As Long Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim wks As Worksheet Dim DelRng As Range Set wks = ActiveSheet With wks FirstRow = 2 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "L").End(xlUp).Row For iR...

Too many rows highlighted
When I click on a row, multiple rows are automatically selected. This happens to all of my sheets in my workbook. Do I have a bug? How do I fix this? Hi, You could try tapping F8. if that doesn't work and you have E2007 then there is a reported bug that causes this and if you alter the zoom level up and down again it should clear the problem -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "RLD" wrote: > When I click on a row, ...