rows to repeat at 'Bottom'

Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the info in a Footer perhaps

itrymybest wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.

2
Bob
5/4/2010 6:50:07 PM
Could you not put the information in the footer?

"itrymybest" wrote:

> Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.

Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.

If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>
> itrymybest wrote:
>
> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
> >
> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>
> .

You have a unanimous opinion, including mine, that utilizing the page footer is the way to go.

Your only alternative, that I know of, is the commercial add-in "Special Print" that I make available on a 3 week free
trial basis.
It consists of 3 utilities including one called "Rows to Repeat at Bottom".
It makes a copy of the worksheet, adds the repeating rows, and you print from the copy.
It can take a while to build, a minute or so, on spreadsheets with several thousand rows.
Just email and ask for it, if you want to give it a try.
No obligation, no registration.
I do ask that you use your real name and indicate your geographic location.
james.coneXXX@comcast.netXXX  (remove xxx)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

"itrymybest" <itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:66558AC3-1C3F-4D4C-A5F6-727577B7D2D1@microsoft.com...
Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=66558ac3-1c3f-4d4c-a5f6-727577b7d2d1&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

4
Jim
5/4/2010 10:18:09 PM
Take a picture of the cells using the Camera Tool.

Copy that picture and paste into MS Paint.

Save as a *.jpg

Add that graphic to your footer.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 May 2010 13:37:01 -0700, itrymybest
<itrymybest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried placing the information in the footer; there is a lot of information
>and the footer has limitations on formatting capabilities.
>
>Should the person repeating information across the top rows just use the
>header instead?  Ultimately, the same reason one would put information in the
>top rows to repeat across multiple pages is the same reason I would like the
>option to place this information at the bottom of the page.  It is
>essentially a titleblock, and takes up the lower 1.5" of the sheet.
>
>If the option to repeat rows across the bottom is unacceptable, the ability
>to place a group of cells inside the footer would be nice as well.
>
>"Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Put the info in a Footer perhaps
>>
>> itrymybest wrote:
>>
>> > Currently, MS Excel has the option to repeat certain rows at the top of the
>> > document.  It would be lovely, very lovely actually, if the option to choose
>> > rows to repeat at the bottom were an option.  To date, 90% of our documents
>> > need this 'title' information to be at the bottom of the page.
>> >
>> > Any help with this would be much appreciated.
>>
>> .

5
Gord

Linq to sql
Hi. There must be something I missed... If I do a simple linq query like this: var sections = from s in ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Person_Sections where s.Person_Id == "10" select s; The result is shown in a grid and a new itemrow is visible last in the grid. I can also change values in the grid. But if I change the "select s" with specific return values: select new { s.Person_Id, s.Section_Code, s.ER_Section.SectionName }; The new row is not visible and I can't change any values. The dataset seems...

Hidden Rows
Hi there, Thank you in advance for any help. I have a worksheet with the top 9 rows hidden. I can't seem to get them to unhide. I've checked the help file and tried the suggestion there Edit > Go To > A1 then Format > Row > Unhide but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't see those top 9 rows. Any other suggestions I can try? Thanks, KD Hi KD! Try Data > Filter Remove check from AutoFilter -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au No check by Autofilter, but I tried checking it then unchecking it just...

format the whole row
I know in older versions, the file size would be huge if you formated a whole row rather then just the cells required. Does this still apply? E.g. A workbook I am using seems to run rather slow. The creator formatted many tables over about 25 sheets with borders but he did so by selecting the rows rather then the cells. I was wondering if I should take a couple minutes and clear the formatting from those columns? Thank you Deborah I don't think changing formatting will make any difference. You can easily check this out by making a copy of the workbook fo testing -- Message posted...

Sum cells using criteria from a row and a column
I am trying to sum cells in a sheet based on matching criteria in a row and matching criteria in a column. The data that I am working with is represented as: Resource: Resource1 JAN JAN JAN JAN FEB Project Project Description 12/19 12/26 1/2 1/9 1/16 Admin Administration 10 10 10 10 10 Holiday Holiday 8 8 Other Other time Off Training Training 20 Vacation Vacation 22 30 10 30 22 I ...

Restart numbering ater a set number of rows
I have an excel spreadsheet with 4 columns. the first two columns contains numbers which will never change the third column starts off with 0 (zero) and is repeated for 255 rows then on the 256 row it needs to change to 1 (so basically increment by 1 every 255 rows) the fourth column starts at 0 (zero) and counts up to 255 but then needs to reset it self back to 0 on the 256 row. Help Please!!!!!:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: I...

get rid of extra rows
I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the bottom, and I can't get rid of them by "deleting", backspace, editing and deleting the formatting in those rows. Suggestions? You can't change the number of rows in an XL sheet (65536 pre-XL07, over a million in XL07). You could hide them instead (Format/Row/Hide). In article <761C1720-3B35-4FBC-8C58-A48AE057C8D4@microsoft.com>, kendallzemp <kendallzemp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the > bot...

Vlookup
Dear all, For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks & regards, Automne Look at the MATCH function in Help. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:41:39 +0800, "automne" <hersbt_no_spam@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: >Dear all, > >For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it >possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? > >Your help is highly appreciated. > >Thanks & regards,...

How attach data in a row so it can be sorted by the date column?
I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do? Hi! Select the entire range that you want to sort. Goto Data>Sort. Sort by the column that contain the dates. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into >one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. W...

Way to put multiple rows into the same column.
I have data that is in the format of 3 columns wide by about 3000 rows. I want to rearrange each row to become a single column. Eg. Cells A1,B1,C1,A2,B2,C2 to become in cells A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6 respectively. I have transposed the data but this only puts each row in it's own column. I still need to put all the new columns into one column. Thankyou for any help given. Hi, Try my EastyText_Rev1.xls at http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway It might work, er, maybe, hmmm... - Mark >-----Original Message----- >I have data that is in the format of 3 columns wide by about 3000 r...

Displaying Excel row headers in embedded spreadhseet
I have an excel spreadsheet inserted into a Word document. I want to have the row and column headers displayed in the Word document but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Does anyone have any ideas TIA Bill which version of excel/office do you have? i tried this on excel 2002. when i take the mouse pointer to the left of the table (beyond th boundary of the table), the pointer slants to right (usually it slant left). at that point in time, i right clicked and inserted rows on to of the topmost row. here i could provide headers for the columns. is this what you are looking for ...

print a certain row as the header on each page
I would like to print the same row on each page as the top row. It is not the top row on the first page. Michelle, Go to File/Page Setup Under Page Setup go the the Sheet tab For the selection - Rows to repeat at top, go the cell reference and select whatever row you want to repeat. hope that helps. Max -- MAX258 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MAX258's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476017 ...

VBA code to "skip" empty rows
This code will take text from column A in an Excel Work sheet and insert it into column B inside a text box. I would like to “tweek” this to skip over the code that creates the text boxes on each row that contains empty text. The result I seek is to have a text box created with text copied from column A and no text box created when column A is empty. My attempt to do this myself is not working out. I am just starting to learn something about VBA. Any comments for a better approach to solve this would be appreciated. I have commented out my attempt to skip past the textbox...

Re: Extracting Top 5 & Bottom 5 Variance for Revenu/Expendenture & Net Position #2
Hi All, if i had coloumns that had the title Revenue, Expenditure & Ne Position & under neath these Headings a row for each Revenue Expendenture & Net Position called Actuals then Budget then Variance My Question is what i would like is to be able to only have the Top 5 Bottom 5 Variances in all 3 Headings Revenue, Expendenture & Ne Position. How can i achieve this please. Would appreciate all th help. Thank you. Also each time i try to insert an attachment in this lette being excel it comes up as failure, why is thi -- william444 ------------------------------------------...

Bottom margin problem
H I'm using MS Excel 2000 and I'm trying to fit my printing exatly on one paper with no margins. There's a problem when I try to set up the bottom margin in page setup. The "page setup" shows correctly, that I have set the margin to 0 cm, but in print preview window and in the actual print there's still a bottom margin with 1,2 cm. And you can't decrease it from the print preview neither Thanks JJ ...

INSERTING ROWS and LOSING FORMAT
I own a spreadsheet that has daily data inputted for, say 7, years; to add rows to increase my size, I "Insert" rows at the top of the spreadsheet, say 10 rows every day! And, for years, only until recently, every new cell was properly formatted. Now, each time I "Insert" a rows, my column formatted (as todays time) as follows: 12:43am becomes 12:43, or 1:27pm becomes 1:27 and, this occurs EVERY DAY for 3 rows only of my newly "INSERTED" 12 to 14 rows! I have never had this happen before, and I...

How to filter rows with commom N�'s in any column
Hello, How is it posible to filter the common N� that may appear in an coloumn Examlpe: A B C D E F 2 6 8 10 15 20 1 2 5 16 25 30 4 8 12 19 45 48 2 4 15 20 25 28 6 9 19 29 39 49 8 19 25 28 41 45 In this example I want to filter all the rows that have the commo N�8 The filtered Result Should be shown as below: A B C D E F 2 6 8 10 15 20 4 8 12 19 45 48 8 19 25 28 41 45 Thank You Moti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add a new column to the table, and...

Re: ROW Formula
Does anyone know how i can change this formula so that i can just dra it down. I have =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$569=$B$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569)),ROW(1:1)),ROW(15:15),1)), ",INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$569=$B$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569)),ROW(1:1)),ROW(15:15),1)) And when i drag down i want =IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$569=$B$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569)),ROW(2:2)),ROW(15:15),1)), ",INDEX(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$569=$B$1,ROW(Sheet2!$A$1:$X$569)),ROW(2:2)),ROW(15:15),1)) I want the ...

For Next issue with repeated procedure
I have the procedure below. Basically I don't want to have interminable lines of code when all I am doing is repeating the same procedure on a differnet range. How can I write the procedure that it loops through the procedure with the 6 different ranges rng1 = "A1:A9" rng2 = "A11:A20" Rng3 = "A30:A34" Rng4 = "A40:A48" Rng5 = "A50:A59" Rng6 = "A65:A69" n = 6 For i = 1 To n ActiveCell.Range(rng(i)).Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Applicati...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them #2
I wanted to find a way to make it automatically because i have to do i in many worksheets, but this works great, Thanks a lot for the hel -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 ...

How do I return which row the active cell is in?
Before I start, thanks to all the people who've already helped me on this board. Solely because of you, I've managed to complete 10% of a simple but large project (2 applications so far). I've hunted the boards now for a couple of hours and haven't found the answer to a very simple issue. What I want to do is this: I have a worksheet with data already on it. I want to cut and paste data from another worksheet. I need to identify the first empty row at the end of the data and return its row number. I tried the following. Sub test() Dim lRowNum As Long Range("A655...

Need to use a textfield with many rows for my database
Hi everyone, This is probably a universal problem since textfield is restricted to 255 bits. Now, I need to create a database (and form) that allows user to input a lot of text (a sort of "comment logg"). I'm sure there's a ready solution to this but I can't find it. Guess I need to use an external textfile... but how can I set it up so that the Form input ends up in the textfile, and the text itself can be loaded by queries? Kindly, Mikael Sweden Mikael A "memo" data type field can hold 65,000+ characters, where the text type is limited to 255. In my...

Delete Filtered Rows
I have done a complex filter, and now I want to delete the filtered list from the worksheet. Is there a way to do this? I know I can copy the list, but I want to either delete or hide the rows that met my criteria. Select them all, do Edit / Go To / Special / Visible cells only, then do Edit / Delete / Entire Row -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------...

Finding last row in a column
Column A contains entries of any formats including blanks. My objective is to find the last blank row# in Column A, and post it in cell D1. Can you help me with a formula to do that? Thanks I expect you haven't described your question correctly. The last blank row in column A is most likely the last row on the worksheet, row 65536. Do you mean the last *embedded* blank row? On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:33:41 GMT, "daniel chen" <danchen@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Column A contains entries of any formats including blanks. >My objective is to find the last blank row# in C...

Re: delete row based on conditions
Hello, Trigger is Pos NO. The basic Position NOs are like e.g 2500 25000 100 200 2000 etc. in addition to this we have position number like 2591 25091 191 291 2091 etc If in an assembly Pos nos like e.g 2500 & 2591 exists delete row containing Pos.2500 25000 & 25091 exists delete row containing Pos. 25000 100 & 191 exists delete row containing Pos. 100 Hope i have explained properly Regards, Jimmy Joseph ...

how do i merge cells but not rows
would like to merge a title, first, last name, within a row but avoid merging all the rows within a mailing list. For an in-place solution, one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/mergedata.html In article <515B0E37-7CFB-4A0D-ADAE-1B2E9D3BF6F7@microsoft.com>, "pvdbijl" <pvdbijl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > would like to merge a title, first, last name, within a row but avoid merging > all the rows within a mailing list. ...